Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox

Transformers News: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox

Tuesday, July 8th, 2014 2:57PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 15,466

The newest update to our ever expanding galleries takes the form of a couple Beast Wars favorites from Takara Tomy. You can see them here compared to their Hasbro counterparts.

TG-30 Waspinator is a Deluxe Class figure that features a darker metallic green than his Hasbro counterpart. That dark metallic green is highlighted by a metallic gold as opposed to Hasbro's yellow.

TG-31 Rinox is a Voyager Class figure that has a bronze colored hide when compared to the Hasbro figure.

Click on any of the images below to view the complete gallery.

Transformers Generations Rhinox

Transformers Generations Waspinator

Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1588782)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 8th, 2014 @ 3:05pm CDT

Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1588785)
Posted by shajaki on July 8th, 2014 @ 3:11pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Glad I got Takara's Rhinox over Hasbro's in-accurate gray sand version, shininess be darned.

i still plan on getting both. are there pics somewhere of someone else piecing together a waspinator already? id like to see that. damn shame takara dropped the ball on these guys though. wonder what they were thinking? i reaaally hope someone does a predacon rhinox, exclusive or otherwise.

nice galleries as always ;)
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1588791)
Posted by Noideaforaname on July 8th, 2014 @ 3:23pm CDT
I feel like I need something in between both versions. Hasbro's Rhinox is too light but Takara's is weirdly shiny; Hasbro's Waspinator has too many greens while Takara's has too few...

Incidentally, is Waspy getting a re-release here? I never saw him in stores, and I dimly recall there being mention of a restock, but I dunno if that was just for Skids or something.
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1588802)
Posted by xyl360 on July 8th, 2014 @ 4:05pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:But I got both Hasbro and Takara Waspinators with the intent of Frankensteining them into the perfect Waspinator.

That's exactly what I did. I used the center bits from the Hasbro version and combined them with the Takara version. I then applied some yellow and black paint to it in the appropriate places to replace the gold and give him the extra details/finishing touches such as the black bit in his diamond crest thingy on his head. I also went over his robot head's eyes with a clear metallic blue to give it a more show-accurate color/appearance. I also added in the black stripes on his robot mode head's antennae. He's pretty much spot on perfect now.
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1588862)
Posted by Siger on July 8th, 2014 @ 5:57pm CDT
Hasbro wins IMO. I don't like SH*% colored Rhynox.
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1588865)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 8th, 2014 @ 6:04pm CDT
Siger wrote:Hasbro wins IMO. I don't like SH*% colored Rhynox.
That's an oxymoron, since Takara's is clearly colored chocolate caramel while Hasbro's is more like diarrhea (apologies to any persons at or affiliated Hasbro offended by this comparison). ;)
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1588868)
Posted by Seibertron on July 8th, 2014 @ 6:13pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Siger wrote:Hasbro wins IMO. I don't like SH*% colored Rhynox.

Hardly. I'll stick up for fans of the pro-Hasbro versions. The shiny weird brown color was a big turn off for me as well as the overly dark colors on Waspinator. I would have liked Hasbro's version to be a little bit darker in Rhino mode, but I certainly don't mind it's colors, especially since he's in robot mode most of the time anyways and not to mention that it more-or-less matches the same shade as the Hasbro version instead of coming up with an out-of-left-field color on Takara's versions.

For those of you defending Takara's version, I get that you want to defend them for what you perceive as the more show accurate coloration, but those aren't right either. Shiny Rhinox wasn't in any episode of Beast Wars that I watched!

Hopefully these two will get the proper slavish cartoon accurate color schemes at a later date so that both parties can be satisfied.
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1588870)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 8th, 2014 @ 6:20pm CDT
"Shiny" isn't a color.
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1588871)
Posted by Seibertron on July 8th, 2014 @ 6:22pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:"Shiny" isn't a color.

That is my point exactly regarding the Takara version of Rhinox specifically. Wrong color and it's shiny. Until we get a show accurate version from Takara or Hasbro, I'll take Hasbro's Rhinox any day.
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1588872)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 8th, 2014 @ 6:25pm CDT
Even if it wasn't shiny, Takara's darker brown is at least closer to the show's brown than Hasbro's pale tan:

Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1588885)
Posted by megatronus on July 8th, 2014 @ 6:56pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Even if it wasn't shiny, Takara's darker brown is at least closer to the show's brown than Hasbro's pale tan

Pale tan? Hasbro's is much more a mottled grey than anything else. I just held my Hasbro Rhinox up to the screen, and it matches the pic color you just provided VERY well. So... you should let it go, I guess?
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1588948)
Posted by mooncake623 on July 8th, 2014 @ 10:59pm CDT
megatronus wrote:

I'm going to agree with Sabrblade. Takara's Rhinox colors are miles better, and it have tight knees.
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1588956)
Posted by Siger on July 8th, 2014 @ 11:26pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Siger wrote:Hasbro wins IMO. I don't like SH*% colored Rhynox.

Hardly oxymoronic, I've never seen grey colored diarrhea. Show accurate or not is not my concern here, although watching clips on Youtube shows that he is sometimes pretty grey and sometimes pretty brown. You can blame that on the inconsistency of the show. The only thing better for me on Takara's version are the guns. Also agree with Megatronus that the shininess is a big turn off.
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1588961)
Posted by shajaki on July 8th, 2014 @ 11:39pm CDT
not to mention it takes days of breeding to get a shiney rhinox. i went through 1153 eggs before i got mine.
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1589534)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on July 10th, 2014 @ 3:17pm CDT
1 mold...2 heads...2 different sets of weapons...2 different Takara Tomy Transformers lines. This could be used to describe the next pair of subjects to be inducted into the galleries of Seibertron. Lets look at them a little more closely shall we?

Generations TG-12 Air Raid features a wildly different deco than the Hasbro offering including paint and plastic colors. This is accounted for by the fact that the Hasbro figure was originally intended to be Fireflight but changed at the last minute to Air Raid which makes Takara's offering the true Air Raid.

Arms Micron AM-29 Shockwave with Bido was the first use of this mold in Japan. Shockwave has added 5mm ports on his wings to accomodate his Arms Micron partner Bido which not only serves as Shockwave's weapon but also transforms into a rhinoceros beetle. It is unfortunate however that Bido only serves as a hand held weapon instead of Shockwave's signature built in weapon hand.

If you enjoy this mold be on the lookout for our upcoming Botcon 2014 galleries which features the newest use of this mold, Brimstone. Until then click on the images below to view the full Air Raid and Shockwave galleries.

Transformers Generations Air Raid

Arms Micron Shockwave

Arms Micron Bido

Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1589545)
Posted by Skywarp64 on July 10th, 2014 @ 3:51pm CDT
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1589550)
Posted by ScottyP on July 10th, 2014 @ 4:02pm CDT
Skywarp64 wrote:Funny how Hasbro's Shockwave is actually the one with the better paintjob this time around.

Same can be said for almost everything released under Takara's Arms Micron line where there is a Hasbro version, since AM relies heavily on stickers for decos.
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1589552)
Posted by Skywarp64 on July 10th, 2014 @ 4:04pm CDT
ScottyP wrote:

I guess I wouldn't know, I only recently started following transformers again.
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1589553)
Posted by ScottyP on July 10th, 2014 @ 4:10pm CDT
Skywarp64 wrote:
ScottyP wrote:

I guess I wouldn't know, I only recently started following transformers again.

Welcome back! Yeah the Takara release of most "mainline" Prime toys was pretty controversial, they traded paint for metallic stickers and microns and the success is quite hit or miss. Some of the stickers on the earlier releases have really cheap adhesive, and some are even made to go over oddly large/complex surfaces. For instance, AM-01 Optimus Prime's feet are colored in properly purely by one sticker per foot, it's not the best idea they've ever had. Anyway, hope you enjoyed this bit of unsolicited trivia :)
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1589555)
Posted by xyl360 on July 10th, 2014 @ 4:18pm CDT

That's debatable. I actually find Hasbro's to be a bit too dark for my tastes so I gave the Takara version the weapon from the Hasbro version and he represents FoC Shockwave on my shelf. As for actual paint apps, there's not a lot of differences between the two other than on the wings.

As for the whole Takara vs Hasbro Rhinox debate, I have both and can be counted among those who prefers Takara's. The shiny paint isn't so shiny that it makes him look 'metallic' and the color is much closer to his brown appearance in the majority of episodes of Beast Wars. The Hasbro version is far too pale for my tastes and it didn't help that they didn't paint his weapons (though those could be easily swapped between them if you've got both versions, of course).

It bothers me though that Takara didn't take the extra step of painting on the two gold lines on his shoulders even though the mold has two bits molded in that end up placed pretty much perfectly for it. It would be nice to see the mold get the 'Telemocha' treatment with a perfect/near perfect show-accurate deco one of these days.

As for Waspinator, Takara's is definitely closer to the show, although it isn't perfect and I did do some painting and parts swapping with the Hasbro version to achieve the right look. His stinger needed to be black, he needed that gold turned yellow for the stripes etc., he needed black on his head crest thingy, he needed blue for his robot mode eyes instead of white, he needed the lighter green center torso/crotch bits from the Hasbro version and he needed the 'discs' in his shoulders to be painted yellow instead of being the same green as the rest of his arms. Once that was done, he became pretty much perfect and has now replaced my customized 10th Anniversary Waspinator on my Beast Wars Season 1 Predacons shelf.

We still need proper versions of the following though, so I can replace my kitbashes and customized versions:

Cheetor (season 1)
Airazor
Tigatron
Blackarachnia (season 1-2)
Terrorsaur
Scorponok (though when painted, he's pretty much perfect)
Megatron (Season 3, he seriously needs an update as he's the coolest version of any Megatron ever, but the toy is a real letdown primarily due to his aborted 'pilot' gimmick)
Tarantulas (season 1, though when painted, he's pretty much perfect, at least in bot mode)
Optimal Optimus (if they modded the existing toy to allow those cannons to fold back and be separate from the head similar to the Titanium version, that would go a long way to fix him)

The jury is still out on Rattrap until I get both versions (Hasbro's and Takara's) in hand, and while Henkei Dinobot isn't without its flaws, with a proper sword (a silver painted version of the sword from the original Dinobot mold) he's pretty much spot-on and sizes up well with Telemocha Optimus Primal, Basics Rattrap, Telemocha Cheetor (again, custom painted) and the rest of the Axalon crew from season 1.

Anyway, I got a custom 3rd party Shapeways head for Tigatron that pretty much fixed him (along with some modding of the figure itself to fix his bot mode chest) but I'd like to see more HasTak updates (MP pleeeeeeease!!!!) and/or 3rd party Beast Wars figures to flesh out the ranks with better, more show accurate versions of the characters. There aren't that many, so it wouldn't take as long as say, trying to complete the entire G1 cast or anything so I hope someone (official or not, though I prefer official) will take up the task of doing it.

Anyway, I'm glad to see the galleries getting filled out with some of the less current stuff/lines lately. It's awesome to have this invaluable resource that is Seibertron.com become more complete.
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1589560)
Posted by Noideaforaname on July 10th, 2014 @ 4:26pm CDT
With how the Hasbro version's gun barrel keeps popping off, my love for bug-bots, and the color scheme not being significantly different or reliant on stickers, I kinda feel like I should've just sprung for Takara's Shockwave. *shrug* Ah well...

I like how the Air Raids look distinct from Shockwave. Like you wouldn't think repaint/retool by looking at them.
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1589564)
Posted by megatronus on July 10th, 2014 @ 4:39pm CDT
xyl360 wrote:Megatron (Season 3, he seriously needs an update as he's the coolest version of any Megatron ever

Really? I never would have guessed that about you. ;)
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1589567)
Posted by Rated X on July 10th, 2014 @ 4:47pm CDT
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1589626)
Posted by xyl360 on July 10th, 2014 @ 9:17pm CDT
Rated X wrote:Nice galleries as always Ryan. I bought the Takara Shockwave to use as a stand in for classics shockwave, but quickly replaced him on my shelf with BH Shockwave until a more G1 version comes out. Im not a fan of the Air Raid/Fireflight use of the mold. The best use so far has been Brimstone.

Have you seen the Takara version of Beast Hunters Shockwave? That purple metallic paint on him is quite beautiful. He's also currently my 'Classics' Shockwave.
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1589627)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 10th, 2014 @ 9:25pm CDT
xyl360 wrote:

I think that's the version he was referring to. True, he only said "BH Shockwave", but I think I recall his once or twice saying how he has the Takara BH Shockwave (i.e. - Go! Hunter Shockwave).
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1597034)
Posted by Mindmaster on August 6th, 2014 @ 12:13pm CDT
New gallery time! Courtesy of the photographing machine that is our site owner, Seibertron, today's subject comes from the much-revered Generations line, the newly released Voyager Roadbuster!

Roadbuster, like Whirl, is an homage to the Generation One Deluxe Vehicle of the same name, reimagined by the magic of modern engineering. Much like the earlier Generations Whirl, Roadbuster also comes with a selection of weapons that use a modular system. Want a scoped, precision-style M16-like weapon? You got it! Also included with Roadbuster is a sticker sheet, which adds even more detail on the Autobot. Check out the preliminary images below, and view the gallery by clicking the link below!

Generations Roadbuster

Watch Seibertron's space
for a new gallery update
Sky-Byte, that is he!
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1597055)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 6th, 2014 @ 12:59pm CDT

Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1597062)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 6th, 2014 @ 1:23pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:Image

WRECK AND RULE!
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1597071)
Posted by kirbenvost on August 6th, 2014 @ 1:51pm CDT

Does the orange armor on the upper legs extend outward for robot mode? It kind of looks that way, he looks a little beefier than previous images have suggested. If so, that's a really cool feature, I'm glad they did that!
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1597076)
Posted by Seibertron on August 6th, 2014 @ 2:08pm CDT
kirbenvost wrote:Looking great, nice gallery! :D I'll probably leave a few of the stickers off, but he is a really awesome figure. Can't wait to display him and Whirl side-by-side.

It doesn't do that. The upper leg is one piece of plastic.
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1597078)
Posted by Yweggo on August 6th, 2014 @ 2:24pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Huh, first Sky-Byte, and now Roadbuster has a peg hole for a stand like Figma and Tamashii. Do all figures have that?

I know some of the AOE Dinos have them, so... maybe?
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1597084)
Posted by ZeroWolf on August 6th, 2014 @ 2:35pm CDT
Yweggo wrote:

I know some of the AOE Dinos have them, so... maybe?

Ahhh so that's what that hole is under AoE Slugs tail. I was wondring about that.
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1597104)
Posted by kirbenvost on August 6th, 2014 @ 4:05pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:

It doesn't do that. The upper leg is one piece of plastic.

Ah, I see. Must just be the camera angles. Anyway, it looks great!
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1597132)
Posted by Tigertrack on August 6th, 2014 @ 6:33pm CDT
I can be convinced to want this.
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1597135)
Posted by Seibertron on August 6th, 2014 @ 6:35pm CDT
Tigertrack wrote:I can be convinced to want this.

Tigertrack says: "You must buy Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster!"

Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1597138)
Posted by Tigertrack on August 6th, 2014 @ 6:39pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
Tigertrack wrote:I can be convinced to want this.

Tigertrack says: "You must buy Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster!"

Truth!
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1597319)
Posted by shajaki on August 7th, 2014 @ 10:51am CDT
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1597328)
Posted by Seibertron on August 7th, 2014 @ 11:14am CDT
shajaki wrote:the roadbuster figure itself, im warming up to. but if i do get him ill likely go for the takara version. not only am i not a fan of stickers on modern TF's, but its so huge! its kinda garish.

And very retro like his G1 self who also comes with very similarly scaled stickers.
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1597456)
Posted by Blurrz on August 7th, 2014 @ 5:05pm CDT
Roadbuster looks pretty badass!
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1597523)
Posted by WildclawPrime on August 7th, 2014 @ 9:48pm CDT
Very nice. Looks great along with Springer, Whirl, and Sandstorm in any collection. Wreck-n-Rule! :APPLAUSE:
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1597643)
Posted by shajaki on August 8th, 2014 @ 9:19am CDT
Seibertron wrote:
some things should stay in the 80's :lol:
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1597817)
Posted by Mindmaster on August 8th, 2014 @ 5:46pm CDT
We said it will come,
now it is time to unveil
a new gallery!

Seibertron presents
the latest
Generations
Voyager Sky-Byte!

Roadbuster's wavemate,
Sky-Byte features a launcher
to destroy his foes.

When he wins the fight,
he transforms into shark mode
and performs poetry.

To view more of him,
click the images or link
below; he's really cool!

Generations Sky-Byte

Also, the gallery of
the Club's Scourge is updated
click here to view it!

Keep your optics here
for the latest Transformers
news and galleries!
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1597832)
Posted by RiddlerJ on August 8th, 2014 @ 6:53pm CDT
You know, I'm not sure I like the curved body the new Sky-Byte has. I wish he was more straight like the original.
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1597839)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on August 8th, 2014 @ 8:15pm CDT
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1597845)
Posted by xyl360 on August 8th, 2014 @ 8:47pm CDT
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:Wait, if the BotCon Sky-Byte gallery has been updated, why not the older galleries. For example, the Armada Scavenger gallery doesn't have enough pictures of him and Rollbar. Also to mention that there weren't any comparison pictures. Are the older galleries going to have an update? It'll be awesome if so.

Yep, I've been thinking the same, especially for a lot of the older galleries where there exist no comparison to their mold-mates/repaints and their variants (like Hasbro vs Takara etc.). If done right, it could be a better resource than tfu.info for getting all of the info on a particular mold and character, which would be awesome, especially since Ryan's galleries absolutely destroy the images on tfu.info and actually give you a real idea of what the figure's going to look like in hand instead of the inkling you get looking at the individual bot and alt mode pics on tfu.
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1597847)
Posted by durroth on August 8th, 2014 @ 9:19pm CDT
The only thing that bothers me about skybyte is those calves... or the lack thereof.
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1597875)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 8th, 2014 @ 11:32pm CDT
It's kinda sad how the only Sky-Byte toy whose altmode isn't bent in some awkward position that inhibits it from pointing in a straightforward direction or resembling the character at rest is the BotCon toy, and that one isn't even a shark nor a mold that was meant to be Sky-Byte. :P

Ryan, I love that you included the TCC Side Burn and Scourge toys in there to go with the theme of updated RiD character toys. That's a real nice touch. ;)^

Though, there is one more "updated RiD character toy" not included in these group shots, and I can imagine why since it's a toy of a RiD character who wasn't in the RiD cartoon due to his being a Hasbro-made toy-only character, but I bring this up only because I think it would still have been nice for it to have been included and would have enhanced the theme (but I make no demands for this): Universe Bruticus.
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1597882)
Posted by Noideaforaname on August 9th, 2014 @ 12:23am CDT
One of those updates where you're better off going with the original...
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1597884)
Posted by Seibertron on August 9th, 2014 @ 12:27am CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:One of those updates where you're better off going with the original...

I agree. I didn't need or want a new Sky-Byte. After owning the new version, I don't feel that we've gained anything from having a new figure. The robot mode head is an improvement and helps separate him from Cybershark. While the shark mode is more cartoon accurate than the original, it's not something I wanted at all. A great white shark should have a big frikkin' mouth. The original toy pulled this off very well. The horrible lower legs, the lack of a wrist swivel, the lack of a gun or hand held accessory and several other issues really turned me off about the new toy. This might be the first Generations toy I've been really disappointed with since FOC Bruticus.
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1597952)
Posted by Blurrz on August 9th, 2014 @ 9:44am CDT
Well done Mindmaster :P

Skybyte... I'd probably just get him for the comics shelf, and nothing else.

Click here to view an additional 11 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #98 - Combiner Wars