Transformers News: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Fireblast Grimlock and Deluxe Thundercracker

Thursday, March 27th, 2014 11:59AM CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: Dr Va'al   Views: 26,198

We have some more high quality toy galleries for you today, here at Seibertron.com! The latest addition sees Generations back in fashion, with two figures which are exclusive to BicCamera and Kojima stores in Japan - take a look at Fireblast Grimlock, a red and yellow redeco with green highlights of its Generations Voyager counterpart (and an homage to the Transformers Animated Fireblast Grimlock), and Thundercracker, a mostly blue repaint with metallic finishes of the Generations Deluxe Starscream mold. As always, click on any of the images below for the full galleries!

Transformers Generations Fireblast Grimlock

Transformers Generations Thundercracker

Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Fireblast Grimlock and Deluxe Thundercracker (1560718)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 27th, 2014 @ 12:43pm CDT
Fireblast Grimlock is also a homage to Super Link Dinobot Magma-Type, especially in Dino Mode. 8)

Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Fireblast Grimlock and Deluxe Thundercracker (1560726)
Posted by Noideaforaname on March 27th, 2014 @ 1:12pm CDT
Is it wrong I find the Animated figure the most attractive out of all those pictured?
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Fireblast Grimlock and Deluxe Thundercracker (1560728)
Posted by T-Macksimus on March 27th, 2014 @ 1:22pm CDT
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Fireblast Grimlock and Deluxe Thundercracker (1560739)
Posted by Seibertron on March 27th, 2014 @ 2:00pm CDT
T-Macksimus wrote:I just can't help but walk away from a gallery of a Takara Transformer thinking "Hasbro, you cheap bastards!" Happens almost every single time. That Thundercracker looks amazing. I would love to get an entire Seeker set from Takara but I just can't stand what they did to Skywarp. 'Scream and T-Cracker look amazing but I'm not thrilled with 'Warp so the set would just bug me. While I may covet this version of Thundercracker, it isn't so far removed from the version I have that I can't live with mine but I do have to applaud this one. It's amazing.

While Takara Tomy has done some nice variations with Transformers than the Hasbro counterparts, I find myself preferring the Hasbro versions usually ... probably mostly because of cost. I own most Takara Transformers products that have been released since 2006. I find that the quality control problems that people experience with Hasbro's Transformers products happen just as often, if not more due to extra paint apps, with Takara products. There are a few exceptions from time-to-time on both sides of the fence, but when cost is taken into consideration, Hasbro usually wins hands down with me.
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Fireblast Grimlock and Deluxe Thundercracker (1560747)
Posted by Mkall on March 27th, 2014 @ 2:20pm CDT
I like that Grimlock; I really do. I like the homages to both the Animated and Superlink figure, but it doesn't have a place in my collection.
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Fireblast Grimlock and Deluxe Thundercracker (1560764)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on March 27th, 2014 @ 3:46pm CDT
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Fireblast Grimlock and Deluxe Thundercracker (1560792)
Posted by shajaki on March 27th, 2014 @ 6:17pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:After avoiding purchasing Takara-Tomy releases for years, for many of the same reasons others have said (too costly to justify the small differences), I've been slowly amassing quite a collection of modern Transformers product from Japan now. I first made an exception earlier this year, after putting up with Classics Megatron since 2007, by getting United Voyager Megatron for my Classics display. I rationalized that the difference in deco was significant enough and it was important to me to finally have a gun altmode G1 Megatron with the correct colors for my Classics display. Then...I decided to order the Seeker Aces and Elites sets. They are fantastic, very screen accurate, and give my Classics seekers some nice internal consistency with their paint layouts. Now, I've got both Autobot Specialists and the Decepticon Specialists three-packs on preorder. I also picked up a United Scourge to make him more distinguished from his Sweeps clones on my shelf (who will remain the Hasbro versions, of course). I've got a whole wishlist now of Takara-Tomy takes on characters I already have from Hasbro just for the sake of better G1/show accuracy. For the longest time, I convinced myself it was alright that some of my figures were more "toy accurate" than screen accurate, or simply homaged their G1 looks, in keeping with the "Classics" mission statement of modern updates instead of slavish G1 recreations, but now, I can't help but go for the screen accuracy that Takara-Tomy usually gives us. I will agree that paint chipping can be a problem with some figures. My solution so far as been to invest in "Sharpie" permant ink-paint pens to fill in some blemishes on figures. I had to touch up Skywarp and Thundercracker's silver paint from the Seekers Aces set, and those pens work like a charm! You may have to search a little to get the best paint matches for a particular figure, but your investment for a set of pens with a wide variety of colors will still be less expensive than many of the more demanded Takara-Tomy figures.

i was the same way, except it wasnt a monetary thing for me. i just wasnt as "in" to the hobby that i am now. the only figures i HAD to have the imports of were the masterpieces. but when i got deeper into collecting and researched the differences between hasbro and takara releases, there was no question. i had to have the superior decos. and since i can afford it, why wouldnt i? so over the last year and a half i went from owning about half the classics/generations line, to being two (or so) figures shy of having a complete henkei-united-TG collection exclusives and all. and buying henkei after the fact, was killer on the wallet. but at the end of the day im really happy with my collection.
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Fireblast Grimlock and Deluxe Thundercracker (1560793)
Posted by shajaki on March 27th, 2014 @ 6:23pm CDT
oh yeah! the gallery!
my interest on grim was piqued when i first saw him so ill probably get him. thundercracker looks reaallly nice. he even makes me want to get takaras awful skywarp to complete the trio.... ill probably end up with all six in the end.
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Fireblast Grimlock and Deluxe Thundercracker (1560796)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on March 27th, 2014 @ 6:50pm CDT

It's a good thing.
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Fireblast Grimlock and Deluxe Thundercracker (1560801)
Posted by shajaki on March 27th, 2014 @ 7:09pm CDT
Midnight_Fox wrote:Totally offtopic, but Shajaki, every time I see your username, I have to sing "I feel for you" in my head.

It's a good thing.

iiiii.... uhhhh.... ok!

*youtubes*

*confused look*

ok!
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Fireblast Grimlock and Deluxe Thundercracker (1560805)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on March 27th, 2014 @ 7:43pm CDT
shajaki wrote:

It's a good thing.

iiiii.... uhhhh.... ok!

*youtubes*

*confused look*

ok!

My brain starts saying your name and it gradually turns into Shaka Khan.

It's a strange and wonderful place in my head.
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Fireblast Grimlock and Deluxe Thundercracker (1560813)
Posted by shajaki on March 27th, 2014 @ 9:12pm CDT
Midnight_Fox wrote:
shajaki wrote:

It's a good thing.

iiiii.... uhhhh.... ok!

*youtubes*

*confused look*

ok!

My brain starts saying your name and it gradually turns into Shaka Khan.

It's a strange and wonderful place in my head.

:lol:

i know the screen name is odd... i made it in high school and it just stuck. its an amalgamation of my name. shawn jason king. please dont use this info to steal my identity. i watch dateline.
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Fireblast Grimlock and Deluxe Thundercracker (1560824)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 27th, 2014 @ 10:56pm CDT
Too late. You posted it online for all to see. Mwahahahaha. :twisted:

:P
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Fireblast Grimlock and Deluxe Thundercracker (1560829)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on March 27th, 2014 @ 11:20pm CDT
Voyager Soundwave and Soundblaster look nice with shinier paint, but, I think I like the Hasbro ones much better, especially for G1 accuracy purposes in my Classics collection. The extra paint details like the gold paint on the shins actually add to the cartoon accuracy. PROTIP: if you have both Hasbro Soundwave and Soundblaster, switch their guns. It helps give Soundwave an even more authentic G1 look. I guess the Takara-Tomy versions are more game accurate? I feel similarly about Hasbro's Blaster, which got the red and gray plastics spot on for the original toy. It makes me smile each time I spot him on my shelf. :)
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Fireblast Grimlock and Deluxe Thundercracker (1560839)
Posted by Autobot032 on March 28th, 2014 @ 1:54am CDT
Seibertron.com is proud to present their newest galleries: Armada Starscream! This is one for the Unicron Trilogy fans and it takes everyone's favorite backstabber and puts him front and center from his redesigned origins in Armada, all the way to his Generations remake of today! Everything from the Hasbro versions to Takara, and even a gallery of the Mini-Con partners, plus our always reliable comparison photos and groupshots.

Click on any of the images below to be taken to that figure's gallery:

Transformers Generations Armada Starscream

Armada Starscream

Armada Grid

Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Fireblast Grimlock and Deluxe Thundercracker (1560843)
Posted by toyskingstudio on March 28th, 2014 @ 3:35am CDT
:lol: looking good
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Fireblast Grimlock and Deluxe Thundercracker (1560876)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 28th, 2014 @ 7:35am CDT
Awesome to see a gallery for not just Generations TG-33 Armada Starcream but for Micron Densetsu MD-02 Starscream. 8)
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Fireblast Grimlock and Deluxe Thundercracker (1560886)
Posted by shajaki on March 28th, 2014 @ 8:23am CDT
micron legend starscream looks pretty sweet... strange that a simple switch like grey to white can do. and the TG aramada ss is a must buy. so crisp looking!
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Fireblast Grimlock and Deluxe Thundercracker (1560889)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 28th, 2014 @ 8:25am CDT
shajaki wrote:micron legend starscream looks pretty sweet... strange that a simple switch like grey to white can do.
Not to mention a few more paint apps (check out the robot mode shoulder parts of the wings for instance). ;)
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations Fireblast Grimlock and Deluxe Thundercracker (1560904)
Posted by Seibertron on March 28th, 2014 @ 9:42am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

While I think the Takara Tomy version looks better, this is another instance of where looks can be deceiving. With all of the extra paint apps come extra paint flaws that aren't evident on the Hasbro version.

Just about everywhere there is a paint app on this figure there are paint flaws and chips, which seems to be fairly typical of any figure lately that has paint apps. This was also the best of the 5 I was able to choose from. The others all had other varying degrees of paint flaws. I chose the one with the less flaws to its head and face.

Takara's products with all of their extra paint apps seem fine and dandy at first and in official product images, and even in my galleries, but seeing all of the flaws up close is frustrating. I think 20 years from now, the Hasbro versions will be more desired for those who open their items to display them because they will have stood the test of time better.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Alternators Autobot Ricochet (2006). - Time Remaining: 6 days 1 hour 23 minutes 58 seconds
Transformers Fall Of Cybertron Air Raid DLX Class NEW SEALED - Time Remaining: 21 days 15 hours 10 minutes 1 second
Transformers Robots In Disguise Masterpiece Starscream Wal-Mart Exclusive - Time Remaining: 3 days 14 hours 56 minutes 9 seconds
Transformers Fall Of Cybertron Shockwave DLX Class NEW SEALED - Time Remaining: 6 days 21 hours 11 minutes 21 seconds
Transformers Fall Of Cybertron Vortex DLX Class NEW SEALED - Time Remaining: 7 days 12 hours 57 minutes 1 second
Transformers Fall Of Cybertron Blast Off DLX Class NEW SEALED - Time Remaining: 7 days 14 hours 28 minutes 5 seconds
Transformers Fall Of Cybertron Swindle DLX Class NEW SEALED - Time Remaining: 6 days 21 hours 13 minutes 36 seconds
Transformers Fall Of Cybertron Onslaught DLX Class NEW SEALED - Time Remaining: 7 days 14 hours 14 minutes 38 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #160 - Grappling with Memory