New Galleries: Takara Transformers Go! Optimus ExPrime and Micron Ex

Transformers News: New Galleries: Takara Transformers Go! Optimus ExPrime and Micron Ex

Sunday, March 16th, 2014 11:00AM CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: Dr Va'al   Views: 20,854

As I resist the urge to make a joke along the lines of 'How to train your dragon', Seibertron.com is proud to present another Takara Transformers Go! gallery - get your triplechanging goodness in the images below, click on any of them to view the full galleries to check out the Micron Ex and Optimus ExPrime in all their garish glory!

Transformers Go! Optimus ExPrime

Transformers Go! Ex

Transformers News: New Galleries: Takara Transformers Go! ExPrime and Micron Ex
Re: New Galleries: Takara Transformers Go! Optimus ExPrime and Micron Ex (1557941)
Posted by craggy on March 16th, 2014 @ 1:13pm CDT
I still think those Go! Combiners look really good. I even like the weird Prime. I'd have them all at Hasbro prices, sadly with the cancellation of the 3-packs I had to pass on them.
Re: New Galleries: Takara Transformers Go! Optimus ExPrime and Micron Ex (1557946)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on March 16th, 2014 @ 2:02pm CDT
Va'al wrote:As I resist the urge to make a joke along the lines of 'How to train your dragon'...

Oye vey :roll:

I'm just in love with that toy, I'll probably never get a proper chance to get him. :sad:
Re: New Galleries: Takara Transformers Go! Optimus ExPrime and Micron Ex (1557948)
Posted by Mindmaster on March 16th, 2014 @ 2:08pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Oye vey :roll:

If you think that's bad, you should see our staff emails. The puns are endless. For example, when we were doing our Toy Fair coverage... "Toy Far CoverAge (of Extinction)". :BANG_HEAD:
Re: New Galleries: Takara Transformers Go! Optimus ExPrime and Micron Ex (1557950)
Posted by Dr Va'al on March 16th, 2014 @ 2:17pm CDT
TILL ALL ARE PUN.
Re: New Galleries: Takara Transformers Go! Optimus ExPrime and Micron Ex (1557952)
Posted by Siger on March 16th, 2014 @ 2:41pm CDT
Va'al wrote:TILL ALL ARE PUN.

Hahaha that's so punny! Anyhoo back on topic, I'm not optimus about this ex line. They just look like a horrible mechs! Sorry to be a negatron...
Re: New Galleries: Takara Transformers Go! Optimus ExPrime and Micron Ex (1557954)
Posted by Manterax Prime on March 16th, 2014 @ 2:50pm CDT
Any more puns and you can consider yourself Sharkticon food.

Anyway, nice fan-made dragon mode sir. Works better than the official one.
Re: New Galleries: Takara Transformers Go! Optimus ExPrime and Micron Ex (1557956)
Posted by Siger on March 16th, 2014 @ 2:56pm CDT
Manterax Prime wrote:Any more puns and you can consider yourself Sharkticon food.

Anyway, nice fan-made dragon mode sir. Works better than the official one.

whaaa? I'm scared! I think I'm gonna star screaming if that happens! :sad: Iron hide in a corner and not come out anymore. :DANCE:
Re: New Galleries: Takara Transformers Go! Optimus ExPrime and Micron Ex (1557960)
Posted by Mindmaster on March 16th, 2014 @ 3:13pm CDT
Siger wrote:

Anyway, nice fan-made dragon mode sir. Works better than the official one.

Re: New Galleries: Takara Transformers Go! Optimus ExPrime and Micron Ex (1557961)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 16th, 2014 @ 3:16pm CDT
I kinda like the idea of Optimus being a serpentine dragon like the official mode attempted to be, so if I ever get this (and that's a big if), I'm gonna try taking a stab at making a fanmade serpentine dragon mode, no matter how wonky it'd still look. :P
Re: New Galleries: Takara Transformers Go! Optimus ExPrime and Micron Ex (1557964)
Posted by Dr Va'al on March 16th, 2014 @ 3:23pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
Siger wrote:

Anyway, nice fan-made dragon mode sir. Works better than the official one.

You are after my own heart, Siger.

But I'm going to start dragon this thread back on track, though, no more derailings.
Re: New Galleries: Takara Transformers Go! Optimus ExPrime and Micron Ex (1557978)
Posted by Siger on March 16th, 2014 @ 4:13pm CDT
Va'al wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
Siger wrote:

Anyway, nice fan-made dragon mode sir. Works better than the official one.

You are after my own heart, Siger.

OK OK, seriously though this set looks garbagio. You can't just slap an Optimus head on any robot body and call it OP... or can you? They should retool this and make it a Power Ranger set. The colors and combine form look all matches PR criterion already.
Re: New Galleries: Takara Transformers Go! Optimus ExPrime and Micron Ex (1557979)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 16th, 2014 @ 4:19pm CDT
Siger wrote:
Va'al wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
Siger wrote:

Anyway, nice fan-made dragon mode sir. Works better than the official one.

You are after my own heart, Siger.

Except for the legal issues that would prevent that from happening. Namely that this is a TakaraTomy creation and Power Rangers is owned by Bandai, a completely diffferent and rival company. Someone would likely sue the other if they tried to do that.
Re: New Galleries: Takara Transformers Go! Optimus ExPrime and Micron Ex (1557982)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on March 16th, 2014 @ 4:26pm CDT
I have this Optimus and really dig the shit out of him.
Re: New Galleries: Takara Transformers Go! Optimus ExPrime and Micron Ex (1557986)
Posted by Siger on March 16th, 2014 @ 4:45pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Siger wrote:
Va'al wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
Siger wrote:

Anyway, nice fan-made dragon mode sir. Works better than the official one.

You are after my own heart, Siger.

That wasn't a real suggestion lol
Re: New Galleries: Takara Transformers Go! Optimus ExPrime and Micron Ex (1558053)
Posted by vectorsigma757 on March 17th, 2014 @ 12:13am CDT
ABOMINATION!!!!!!

I just wanted to say that. Not throwing shade on this set, I want to like it but I just don't at this time. Nice concept though.
Re: New Galleries: Takara Transformers Go! Optimus ExPrime and Micron Ex (1558511)
Posted by Dr Va'al on March 18th, 2014 @ 12:33pm CDT
We've been seeing reports of these figures showing everywhere but in mainland US - Seibertron was lucky enough to get his photographer's hands on them. He has provided us with yet another astonishing set of galleries. Feast your eyes below on the later wave of Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Commanders: Unicron Megatron, Bludgeon and Ultra Magnus. Unicron Megatron is a repaint of the original Transformers Prime Cyberverse mold. Ultra Magnus is retooled from the Optimus Prime mold. Bludgeon is a repaint and retool of the Shockwave mold. Click on any of the images for the full gallery.

Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Ultra Magnus

Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Bludgeon

Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Unicron Megatron

Re: New Galleries: Takara Transformers Go! Optimus ExPrime and Micron Ex (1558521)
Posted by Noideaforaname on March 18th, 2014 @ 1:18pm CDT
I remember when retools were unheard of in Cyberverse. None of the Movie ones had any of that (save adding ports for weapons). UM and Bludgeon look great!
... though I kinda wish Bludgeon was based on BM Scavenger instead. He looks closer to the Vehicon as it is.
Re: New Galleries: Takara Transformers Go! Optimus ExPrime and Micron Ex (1558522)
Posted by Primeultimus on March 18th, 2014 @ 1:21pm CDT
Very nice figures :)
Re: New Galleries: Takara Transformers Go! Optimus ExPrime and Micron Ex (1558523)
Posted by welcometothedarksyde on March 18th, 2014 @ 1:24pm CDT
I saw Bludgeon in a Target in Canada. But I'm pretty sure he was approaching 12 bucks. He was at least over 10 bucks. Prices seemed higher in Canada for a long time, but it seems like America is catching up in many ways. On the other hand everything sounds at least a bit more expensive here, without fault. At any rate Bludgeon despite being cool was too expensive
Re: New Galleries: Takara Transformers Go! Optimus ExPrime and Micron Ex (1558542)
Posted by rpetras on March 18th, 2014 @ 2:42pm CDT
The Magnus looks really good.
That doesn't surprise me as I really like that mold for Optimus as well.

The Bludgeon would be OK if they had done a remold of the gun as well.
With that big arm, the mold still screams "Shockwave" to me. A more traditional arm with a fold away barrel would have been better IMO.

The Megatron is a weak mold, at least for alt mode, and those dorky colors don't help. Not a fan.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Encore Takara Tomy TFE-06 Autobot Ratchet Original 4904810792406 - Time Remaining: 5 days 15 hours 36 minutes 23 seconds
D1082612 JETFIRE AIR GUARDIAN TRANSFORMERS G1 MIB STYLE 100% COMPLETE AUTOBOT - Time Remaining: 6 days 44 minutes 48 seconds
Transformers Hasbro Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Grimlock Platinum Edition - Time Remaining: 7 days 10 hours 45 minutes 31 seconds
Transformers Animated Supreme Class Roll Out Command Optimus Prime New 12 Inch - Time Remaining: 5 days 12 hours 18 minutes 46 seconds
Transformers Hftd DESERT RUINS BRAWL Hasbro Hunt For The Decepticon BRAWL JOLT - Time Remaining: 20 days 21 hours 34 minutes 2 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Robots In Disguise RID Voyager Starscream Original New - Time Remaining: 3 days 6 hours 50 minutes 12 seconds
1985 Transformers G1 Hoist 100% Complete 2 - Time Remaining: 6 days 50 minutes 17 seconds
Transformers Hasbro Leader Class Optimus Prime Grimlock Platinum Edition - Time Remaining: 7 days 10 hours 51 minutes 28 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #160 - Grappling with Memory