New Gallery: Transformers Age of Extinction Deluxe Dinobot Slug

Transformers News: New Gallery: Transformers Age of Extinction Deluxe Dinobot Slug

Wednesday, April 16th, 2014 4:38AM CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: Dr Va'al   Views: 26,927

You've seen the new Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Grimlock. You've seen the new Deluxe Scorn - are you ready for the third and final Dinobot from the first wave of movie universe toys? Check out below the mean, killing purplesaur Triceratops that is Slug, in both his dino and robot knight mode. The figure comes with two sword/lances and plenty of horns, and the galleries, accessed by clicking on any image below, also have comparison shots with previous incarnations of more or less the same character!

Age of Extinction Slug

Transformers News: New Galleries: Transformers Age of Extinction Deluxe Dinobot Slug

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Gallery: Transformers Age of Extinction Deluxe Dinobot Slug (1565613)
Posted by f-primus-unicron on April 16th, 2014 @ 5:19am CDT
needs comparison in both modes with beast wars neo killerpunch
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Age of Extinction Deluxe Dinobot Slug (1565623)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 16th, 2014 @ 6:54am CDT
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Age of Extinction Deluxe Dinobot Slug (1565626)
Posted by Dr Va'al on April 16th, 2014 @ 7:01am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Sweet mercy! Look at his face! Or rather, his lack of one! A single visor one a smooth, undetailed head? Never would I have ever expected so simplistic a face design to come from a movie toy. At least paint him a mouthplate, Hasbro.

It is glorious, and purple. No such thing should happen. [-(
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Age of Extinction Deluxe Dinobot Slug (1565627)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 16th, 2014 @ 7:06am CDT
Va'al wrote:

It is glorious, and purple. No such thing should happen. [-(
It's just... he looks like a 90's masked vigilante from one of those Liefeldian comics that knocked off the more major superheroes.

I'm not saying it's awful, I'm just saying it's... yikes! Gonna take some getting used to.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Age of Extinction Deluxe Dinobot Slug (1565630)
Posted by Mkall on April 16th, 2014 @ 7:18am CDT

It's a knight's jousting helm. It's not supposed to have a mouthplate.

All in all, I really like the Dinobots thus far. I can't wait to own them.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Age of Extinction Deluxe Dinobot Slug (1565632)
Posted by Dr Va'al on April 16th, 2014 @ 7:23am CDT
Mkall wrote:

It's a knight's jousting helm. It's not supposed to have a mouthplate.

All in all, I really like the Dinobots thus far. I can't wait to own them.

Exmactumally.

Re: New Gallery: Transformers Age of Extinction Deluxe Dinobot Slug (1565633)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 16th, 2014 @ 7:25am CDT
All I'm trying to say is that some more color or more detail below the eyes would have been nice.

Scorn got some, so there's precedence.

I know what it's supposed to be, but since that is his actual face, it makes his face look featureless, like this:

If it alleviates anything, I will say this. I do love the shape of the headsculpt.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Age of Extinction Deluxe Dinobot Slug (1565634)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on April 16th, 2014 @ 7:26am CDT
Mkall wrote:

It's a knight's jousting helm. It's not supposed to have a mouthplate.

All in all, I really like the Dinobots thus far. I can't wait to own them.

Knights!! That is it.. DUH me.. When I first saw Grimlock I thought he looked a bit knightish... Time to joust in ye olde Cybertron.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Age of Extinction Deluxe Dinobot Slug (1565635)
Posted by shockblast2 on April 16th, 2014 @ 7:30am CDT
So, now they are knighted dragons rather than dinobots? Oh geez....

Saves me money.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Age of Extinction Deluxe Dinobot Slug (1565636)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 16th, 2014 @ 7:32am CDT
shockblast2 wrote:So, now they are knighted dragons rather than dinobots? Oh geez....

Saves me money.
What the slag kind of dragon looks like that?
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Age of Extinction Deluxe Dinobot Slug (1565637)
Posted by Dr Va'al on April 16th, 2014 @ 7:32am CDT
Speaking of helmets, we know have a Great Helm for Scorn, a frog-mouth helm for Slug and a something helm for Grimlock.

What about the other two dinos?

Re: New Gallery: Transformers Age of Extinction Deluxe Dinobot Slug (1565660)
Posted by welcometothedarksyde on April 16th, 2014 @ 9:14am CDT
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Age of Extinction Deluxe Dinobot Slug (1565662)
Posted by welcometothedarksyde on April 16th, 2014 @ 9:18am CDT
Also, am I the only one who wants to see the Dinobots ride each other Junkion style?
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Age of Extinction Deluxe Dinobot Slug (1565663)
Posted by Dr Va'al on April 16th, 2014 @ 9:24am CDT
welcometothedarksyde wrote:Slash appears to be wearing what is stereotypically a knight helmet to me. This one's not exactly what I mean, but it has openings along the mouthguard and separate eyeholes

Hmm. Yes. I see what you mean.
(My major concern with Slash are those hopefully mistransformed spikes on its thighs, ready to impale itself everytime it crouches or bends forwards!)

Strafe's head is actually quite similar to Grimlock's, too.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Age of Extinction Deluxe Dinobot Slug (1565668)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on April 16th, 2014 @ 9:40am CDT
Neat, but I can see myself getting bored of this figure very quickly.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Age of Extinction Deluxe Dinobot Slug (1565670)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on April 16th, 2014 @ 9:44am CDT
This guy looks cool, I just hate how thin the thighs are right before the knees... they shoulda been a bit thicker like slugs.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Age of Extinction Deluxe Dinobot Slug (1565671)
Posted by Metroplex79 on April 16th, 2014 @ 9:59am CDT
Va'al wrote:

Here I am hesitant on bending over while wearing my metal Decepticon belt buckle...

:lol:

Are those elf high heel shoes?
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Age of Extinction Deluxe Dinobot Slug (1565678)
Posted by packagoustomifuw on April 16th, 2014 @ 10:13am CDT

What kills me is they sandwiched his head with the production stamp. They couldn't put it behind his legs?
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Age of Extinction Deluxe Dinobot Slug (1565730)
Posted by MaverickPrime on April 16th, 2014 @ 12:41pm CDT
Seriously? No one has said anything about the "more or less the same character" featuring ROTF Ravage? Am I the only one who laughed at that? :-(
As for Slug himself, I love it as much as the other Dinobots, sure, the colors are kinda random(should have gone at least with, I don't know, G2 green?) and the faces practically non existant due to the helmets, but I love just because their transformations are interesting, not just stand-up-and-straighten like with most beast formers we've gotten recently.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Age of Extinction Deluxe Dinobot Slug (1565736)
Posted by MaverickPrime on April 16th, 2014 @ 12:54pm CDT
Can't wait to hve these Dinobots!
Also...now the Whole Dinobot roster is:
Grimlock- T-Rex
Sludge- Long neck(Brontosaurus?)
Slag/Slug- Triceratops
Snarl- Stegosaurus
Swoop- Pterodactyl
Paddles- Plesiosaurus
Grimstone- Styraccosaurus
Slash- Velociraptor
Scorn- Spinosaurus
And I don't know if Strafe would count as an updated Swoop or on his own.

Any way, cool! Lots of Dinobots to go now! Did I miss anyone?

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers DOTM Cyberverse Commander Decepticon Hatchet (2011). - Time Remaining: 5 days 1 hour 44 minutes 11 seconds
TAKARA Transformers Masterpiece MP-25 & MP-26 set of 2 Tracks and Road Rage new - Time Remaining: 4 days 8 hours 29 minutes 26 seconds
TAKARA Transformers Masterpiece MP-26 ROAD RAGE Stingray action figure +LTD COIN - Time Remaining: 4 days 8 hours 44 minutes 34 seconds
Transformers Legends 2015 Combiner Wars LG-14 LG14 ULTRA MAGNUS Alpha Trion NEW - Time Remaining: 5 days 5 hours 6 minutes 38 seconds
TRANSFORMERS RID 2015 TAV-33 LIGHT & SOUND SUPREME OPTIMUS PRIME JAPAN ONLY NEW - Time Remaining:  15 hours 2 minutes 3 seconds
DHL Takara Transformers UW-01 Unite Warriors Aerialbots Combiner Superion EXPRES - Time Remaining: 5 days 5 hours 42 minutes 52 seconds
Transformers G1 Reissue Takara D62S Galvatron Ehobby Anime colors + Free Rodimus - Time Remaining: 4 days 18 hours 54 minutes 45 seconds
Transformers Universe SPRINGER vs RATBAT RID SOLD OUT TAGET EXCLUSIVE MISB NEW - Time Remaining: 4 days 22 hours 27 minutes 55 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #146 - Happy Accidents