New Galleries: Transformers Go! Hunter Ratchet (Deluxe Class)

Transformers News: New Galleries: Transformers Go! Hunter Ratchet (Deluxe Class)

Tuesday, September 3rd, 2013 4:53PM CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: Autobot032   Views: 25,193

Another week, another Seibertron.com gallery. This time, TakaraTomy's Transformers GO! Hunter Ratchet, a redeco of a retool! (The original mold being Transformers Prime: Robots In Disguise Ratchet, of course.) And not only is he sporting a new deco, he's also switched sides!

Transformers Go! Hunter Ratchet
New Galleries: Transformers Go! Hunter Ratchet (Deluxe Class)

First up, the bot himself:

New Galleries: Transformers Go! Hunter Ratchet (Deluxe Class)

Rockin' his new vehicle mode with the US Beast Hunters and Movie universe versions:

New Galleries: Transformers Go! Hunter Ratchet (Deluxe Class)

New Galleries: Transformers Go! Hunter Ratchet (Deluxe Class)

New Galleries: Transformers Go! Hunter Ratchet (Deluxe Class)

A few bot mode shots with the other Ratchets:

New Galleries: Transformers Go! Hunter Ratchet (Deluxe Class)

New Galleries: Transformers Go! Hunter Ratchet (Deluxe Class)

And last, but not least, the Dark Energon powered Decepticon with his Predacon Oni allies:

New Galleries: Transformers Go! Hunter Ratchet (Deluxe Class)

(Please note that you can see the Movie universe Ratchet galleries for both Voyager and Deluxe Classes as well as the rest of our extensive galleries.)

Keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest news, updates and the best galleries around!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Galleries: Transformers Go! Hunter Ratchet (Deluxe Class) (1515613)
Posted by Autobot032 on September 3rd, 2013 @ 4:56pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Predacons =/= Decepticons. Only the Go! Predacons are Oni, not the Decepticons ;)

As for Ratchet switching sides, I took a look at the bio, and noticed "Dark Energon" being mentioned. Maybe Ratchet had a little mishap with the stuff?

Ah, but I didn't say he was Oni. I said Oni teammates. The Stunticons and Constructicons had Decepticon teammates. Even though their labels are different, they're still the same side.

I went ahead and clarified. Hopefully *THIS* will make people happy... >:oP
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Go! Hunter Ratchet (Deluxe Class) (1515616)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 3rd, 2013 @ 5:05pm CDT
Ratchet's bio basically says that he snuck into a Decepticon research lab to get data for upgrading the Autobots' Preda Armor, but was captured by the Decepticons. They then infused him with Dark Energon, which turned him into a Decepticon and altered his form. The Autobots managed to rescue him, but he's struggling to regain his heart of justice.
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Go! Hunter Ratchet (Deluxe Class) (1515618)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 3rd, 2013 @ 5:19pm CDT
Just now noticed that Ratchet is colored like his film incarnation. #-o

I can't like this mold, nor most of the other ones from the Beast Hunters line anyway, no matter how awesome a deco Takara gives them. [-(
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Go! Hunter Ratchet (Deluxe Class) (1515625)
Posted by MGrotusque on September 3rd, 2013 @ 6:04pm CDT
I like it. Needs the orange in the forearms, shins and knee spikes like it's predecessor has but i like it nonetheless.
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Go! Hunter Ratchet (Deluxe Class) (1515626)
Posted by Agamemnon on September 3rd, 2013 @ 6:05pm CDT
Looks like Beast Wars Dinobot...
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Go! Hunter Ratchet (Deluxe Class) (1515636)
Posted by TulioDude on September 3rd, 2013 @ 6:48pm CDT
he is rachet colored like Dinobot,with a mold that resembles Transmetal 2 Dinobot while being a :CON:

But i dont think the shade of color is that close to movie Ratchet.
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Go! Hunter Ratchet (Deluxe Class) (1515692)
Posted by Noideaforaname on September 3rd, 2013 @ 11:02pm CDT
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Go! Hunter Ratchet (Deluxe Class) (1515845)
Posted by craggy on September 4th, 2013 @ 3:44pm CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:With the Dinobot(II)-esque details and the 'Con insignia, I kinda want to repurpose him as a evil clone of Ratchet that inexplicably has the original's memories.

if you can't explain a reason that a character from a race of beings whose minds can be stored on floppy discs, whose population contain numerous mind readers and psychics and whose technology has weaponry and tools capable of transplanting minds and removing memories might have the same memories as another guy from the same race...you're not really trying are you? ;)
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Go! Hunter Ratchet (Deluxe Class) (1516547)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 7th, 2013 @ 10:37pm CDT
We're proud to present new Seibertron.com galleries of Takara Tomy's Arms Micron Starscream and Thundercracker. Starscream is a slight redeco of Hasbro's Transformers Prime Robots In Disguise Voyager Class Starscream and he comes with his Micron Gul. Thundercracker, following Transformers tradition, is a redeco and retool of First Edition Starscream and includes his Micron Silver Metal Balo. Check out these new galleries by clicking on any of the pictures below.

Arms Micron Thundercracker

Arms Micron Silver Metal Balo

Arms Micron Starscream

Arms Micron Gul

Re: New Galleries: Transformers Go! Hunter Ratchet (Deluxe Class) (1516554)
Posted by Noideaforaname on September 7th, 2013 @ 11:04pm CDT
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Go! Hunter Ratchet (Deluxe Class) (1516556)
Posted by RAcast on September 7th, 2013 @ 11:15pm CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:I don't think any of those repaints manage to look like someone other than Starscream. He's just too distinctive.

For curiosity's sake, what makes a standard Seeker trio "distictive" for you? I mean, they're always just blue-and-red Starscream and black-and-purple Starscream. If anything, I feel like this is the best Seeker design since G1, all proper and scheme-y and eyebrow-y.
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Go! Hunter Ratchet (Deluxe Class) (1516562)
Posted by Seibertron on September 7th, 2013 @ 11:31pm CDT
RAcast wrote:

I've seen Noideaforaname's comments stated elsewhere by other members. I'm assuming it's because Skywarp and Thundercracker have no fictional portrayal in the Transformers Prime cartoons or comics so they seem very much like repaints of Starscream. Had Skywarp and Thundercracker been portrayed in the cartoon from the beginning, people would be more accepting of them. I'm really surprised they were neglected in Prime and in the live action movies. It seems like including those two characters would make a lot of fans happy and provide a way for them to save some costs with CGI. I'm glad they didn't cheap out by replacing Dreadwing and/or Skyquake with Skywarp and Thundercracker, but I've always thought those two would've been great secondary characters to have in the live action films such as Jolt, Sideswipe (who didn't really shine until DOTM), etc.
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Go! Hunter Ratchet (Deluxe Class) (1516566)
Posted by RAcast on September 7th, 2013 @ 11:39pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
RAcast wrote:

That's pretty much what I was expecting, and I agree to a point, but the design behind Prime Starscream just feels right to me, if that makes sense. It's a shame they didn't have Skywarp and Thundercracker show up in any real way, but oh well, missed opportunities and such.
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Go! Hunter Ratchet (Deluxe Class) (1516567)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 7th, 2013 @ 11:42pm CDT
I agree: would've been a pretty neat shout-out to fans if they had included Skywarp and Thundercracker in Prime.

Call me insane, but I kinda want to see them tackle Acid Storm from this mold. I happen to like camo patterns very much. :lol:
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Go! Hunter Ratchet (Deluxe Class) (1516569)
Posted by xyl360 on September 7th, 2013 @ 11:50pm CDT
I have all the repaints, but for the most part, I agree with Noideaforaname. The reason I do has more to do with the characteristics of the bot mode. Normal seeker toys (G1, Classics/Generations, MP etc.) use a very generic robot form. TF:Prime uses an extremely characterized form, including various elements of posture, facial design, facial expression etc. that can only really be 1 character: TF: Prime Starscream (or Starscream in general, really). The humanization of the characters in Prime makes repaints into other characters (without SERIOUS repainting and remolding at least) virtually impossible in my opinion, especially for Starscream, who even transforms in such a way that everything from his hands and elbows and the posture of his shoulders and torso all give him a sort of "body language" that is unmistakably him, and ONLY him.

I just can't really see that mold as anyone else unless TC and SW had been recolored clones or something (as in the episode where he created clones of himself using protoforms). But as just generic seeker Decepticons who happen to share the same form as him (a-la G1), it just doesn't work. At least not for me.
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Go! Hunter Ratchet (Deluxe Class) (1516570)
Posted by Agamemnon on September 7th, 2013 @ 11:56pm CDT

Personally, I'd just like to see domestic releases of all three characters rather than having to spring for expensive imports. I'd even be happy with straight-up repaints at that point. (Prime makeovers of the coneheads might've been cool too from both the show and toys. Instead we get drones that are winged cars, and a silver general winged car drone...)
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Go! Hunter Ratchet (Deluxe Class) (1516571)
Posted by Noideaforaname on September 8th, 2013 @ 12:02am CDT
The original Starscream design is a rather generic jet-robot, so you could apply "treacherous schemer", "idiot prankster", "doubtful of the Decepticon cause", or any other personality and none would look out of place.
Prime Starscream, however, was definitely designed to be a scheming, aloof, not-really-a-direct-fighter; in other words, Starscream specifically. I have a hard time seeing Skywarp or Thundercracker, instead I'm just seeing "the schemer" in different colors.

'Course, if the Seeker Trio were introduced all at once this way in the cartoon I suppose I'd have a different opinion, but that didn't happen and Starscream went on to become on of the best Starscreams ever (the "definitive" one, I'd say, at least in Season 1) so simply recoloring his toy (or creating a new head that doesn't really look all that different save for the lack of crest and added lipstick) doesn't work for me.
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Go! Hunter Ratchet (Deluxe Class) (1516616)
Posted by megatronus on September 8th, 2013 @ 9:43am CDT
Agamemnon wrote:Or, y'know, it would be nice to have a face that isn't just another Starscream smirk...

The Dark Energon Starscream is an easy replacement option for imported Skywarp. He looks great, and the clear parts arguably make him even more Skywarp-y (a la Machine Wars).
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Go! Hunter Ratchet (Deluxe Class) (1516621)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on September 8th, 2013 @ 11:23am CDT
I agree with xyl360 that it's hard to see these repaints as anything other than his clones, and they lacked the divergent personality traits and color schemes of Animated Starscream's clones. So even if it's easy to fanwank them in as such, I still find it pretty hard to see these repaints as other Seekers rather than other Starscreams.

Or maybe it's still just too hard to accept those stiletto-heels as standard issue for a body template.

Except for Slipstream, of course. She's the only redeco I've got so far, and while the others would be nice, I'm in no rush.
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Go! Hunter Ratchet (Deluxe Class) (1516645)
Posted by Joetx on September 8th, 2013 @ 1:35pm CDT
In the second pic, who is the one on the far right?

And, in the same pic, I guess the one on the top left is the Japanese version of Starscream?