New Galleries: Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-30 Rumble and AM-31 Frenzy

Transformers News: New Galleries: Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-30 Rumble and AM-31 Frenzy

Tuesday, April 2nd, 2013 12:13AM CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 29,588

Seibertron.com is pleased to present galleries of Takara Tomy's Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-30 Rumble and AM-31 Frenzy. Not just mere redecos, these two also feature the alternate head sculpt found on Hasbro's Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Rumble's instruction sheet. If you want to further differentiate these guys from the Hasbro release try the foot swap described by Seibertron below. Each figure also comes with an Arms Micron Dago figure, the only real difference between the two being their stickers.

As always enjoy the full galleries by clicking on any of the images or links below.

Seibertron wrote:While I was working on the galleries for Rumble and Frenzy, it occurred to me that there was a simple foot swap mod that anyone can easily do. The mod requires simply swapping the left foot with the right foot. It makes both figures have another difference from Hasbro's TFP Rumble and gets rid of that nasty looking pointed feet that just doesn't go well with a G1 Rumble and Frenzy homage whereas the squared off look appears almost like this was a planned part swap at some point. The figures transform just fine after the swap.

Arms Micron Rumble

Re: Easy foot mod for Arms Micron Rumble and Frenzy

Arms Micron Dago (R)

Re: Easy foot mod for Arms Micron Rumble and Frenzy

Arms Micron Frenzy

Re: Easy foot mod for Arms Micron Rumble and Frenzy

Arms Micron Dago (F)

Re: Easy foot mod for Arms Micron Rumble and Frenzy

Re: Easy foot mod for Arms Micron Rumble and Frenzy

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Galleries: Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-30 Rumble and AM-31 Frenzy (1475714)
Posted by welcometothedarksyde on April 2nd, 2013 @ 12:43am CDT
Wow, that foot swap really makes the toy look better. Great idea!
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-30 Rumble and AM-31 Frenzy (1475720)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 2nd, 2013 @ 1:02am CDT
They look real nice.

Funny how Frenzy's bio notes how he gets enraged off by folks mistaking him for Rumble (as a nod to Hasbro's Rumble being blue).
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-30 Rumble and AM-31 Frenzy (1475726)
Posted by Seibertron on April 2nd, 2013 @ 1:47am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:They look real nice.

Frenzy is blue and Rumble is red in my book. The original toys were that way and the Japanese version of G1 (Super Robot Lifeform Transformers) had them correctly named as well. Everything else, including the US cartoon and anything that follows is just a continued screw-up.

US cartoon blue Rumble will always be Rumble to me even though I know his toy is reversed and that the cartoon is incorrect. It just works better that way since Rumble's got his piledrivers for "rumbling".

This could all be rectified by a simple fictional explanation that says that Rumble and Frenzy can switch colors to confuse the enemy or something silly.

Kudos to Takara for sticking to their guns on this release.
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-30 Rumble and AM-31 Frenzy (1475762)
Posted by Delta Magnus on April 2nd, 2013 @ 8:21am CDT
Frenzy-sorry, Rumble (they got the names wrong!) reminds me an awful lot of Gurren-Lagann.
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-30 Rumble and AM-31 Frenzy (1475769)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 2nd, 2013 @ 9:38am CDT
Seibertron wrote:Frenzy is red and Rumble is blue in my book. The original toys were that way and the Japanese version of G1 (Super Robot Lifeform Transformers) had them correctly named as well. Everything else, including the US cartoon and anything that follows is just a continued screw-up.
My brain is trying to make sense of this, but it's difficult. :HEADHURTS:

The first sentence looks okay, as it implies you prefer the cartoon's FIRRIB choice.

The second sentence, however, looks like your saying that the original toys and Japanese version also used FIRRIB like the cartoon, when they used RIRFIB instead.

The third sentence looks like you disapprove of the cartoon's use and any other use of FIRRIB, which contradicts the first sentence's liking FIRRIB.

I can tell that you are trying to make a very passionate and intelligent point here, but it's a bit lost in the confusion of this paragraph. :oops:
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-30 Rumble and AM-31 Frenzy (1475775)
Posted by Noideaforaname on April 2nd, 2013 @ 10:29am CDT
To me, Frenzy is silver and hyperactive and Rumble is blue and dimwitted. :lol:

I prefer the "super robot anime" styling Hasbro's... blue guy has to the more overtly G1-but-in-Prime's-aesthetic Takara's pair have, but I really like the color scheme of... the red one (I'm a sucker for red+black+gold).
I wonder if Hasbro will ever release a... the red one. A prototype briefly appeared on TFW (and evidently taken down because Hasbro reported it as stolen), but they don't seem to have plans for one in BH, and obviously PRiD is done. Hopefully one day it gets released.
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-30 Rumble and AM-31 Frenzy (1475778)
Posted by Sodan-1 on April 2nd, 2013 @ 10:35am CDT

And good eye on the foot mod. Makes a world of difference.
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-30 Rumble and AM-31 Frenzy (1475780)
Posted by Seibertron on April 2nd, 2013 @ 11:02am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
My brain is trying to make sense of this, but it's difficult. :HEADHURTS:

Re: New Galleries: Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-30 Rumble and AM-31 Frenzy (1475781)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on April 2nd, 2013 @ 11:04am CDT
Aw, hell, I'll get all three eventually. AM Rumble and Frenzy can join the rogues, while RiD Rumble can play with Dead End. :twisted:

And before anyone asks, the ideal solution for the RiRFiB debate (silly as it is), is this: RiBFiB ;)
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-30 Rumble and AM-31 Frenzy (1475783)
Posted by Seibertron on April 2nd, 2013 @ 11:05am CDT
Sodan-1 wrote:Dammit. I was hoping I could get away with not ordering these, but once again Seibertron's galleries come to Takara's rescue. They look very awesome together, all stickered up.

And good eye on the foot mod. Makes a world of difference.

Thanks!

I was surprised to see that the foot mod didn't seem to be well known or hadn't been discovered yet. Just gives them feet that look far more traditional and appropriate for these characters and let's them stand out from Hasbro's Rumble.
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-30 Rumble and AM-31 Frenzy (1475847)
Posted by Optimum Supreme on April 2nd, 2013 @ 4:01pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:They look real nice.

Kudos to Takara for sticking to their guns on this release.

I only have the Hasbro one, but despite the name on the box I constantly call it Frenzy. It's like ingrained in my brain that FIB. :lol:
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-30 Rumble and AM-31 Frenzy (1475878)
Posted by tfcrafter on April 2nd, 2013 @ 6:31pm CDT
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-30 Rumble and AM-31 Frenzy (1475879)
Posted by Seibertron on April 2nd, 2013 @ 6:36pm CDT
tfcrafter wrote:Even before I read all the comments, I knew this article would be yet another platform for the FIRRIB/FIBRIR deabte.

It's fun reading everyone's interpretations. Rumble is red, Frenzy is blue is my thing, but it's interesting to read other explanations for the opposite train of thought.
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-30 Rumble and AM-31 Frenzy (1475904)
Posted by RAcast on April 2nd, 2013 @ 8:10pm CDT
Well, my reason isn't particularly compelling, but RiRFiB largely because the acronym works better that way. :lol:
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-30 Rumble and AM-31 Frenzy (1475929)
Posted by El Duque on April 2nd, 2013 @ 11:23pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:

I think the fact that Takara just released these guys as Masterpiece figures and labeled them as Rumble being red and Frenzy being blue should end the debate. These are supposed to be the definitive G1 interpretations of these guys after all.
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-30 Rumble and AM-31 Frenzy (1475931)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 2nd, 2013 @ 11:29pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:Sorry ... wrote that right before bed. Meant to say "Frenzy is blue and Rumble is red in my book". I corrected my original post. Now everything I wrote should make sense.
LOL, mo worries, man. :lol:

Re:The FIRRIB vs. RIRFIB discussion - As for my stance, I was originally strictly FIRRIB since the cartoon was the first I had ever seen of these two characters and I followed just that story for a good long while. But, over time, I grew to just accept whatever coloring used by each medium as the correct one for that version.

Like, in the cartoon, it is correct to say that Rumble is the blue/purple one. But in the Marvel comics, it is correct to say that he is the black/red one. Same with the toys, the Japanese version, the Dreamwave comics, the IDW comics etc.

Whatever colors they go with, I say it's fair to call those the right colors for the characters in just that version, as there sadly is no universally correct answer to this. Sure, this would have all been easier had the cartoon not made the switch, but it's what we're stuck with.
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-30 Rumble and AM-31 Frenzy (1475933)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 2nd, 2013 @ 11:35pm CDT
El Duque wrote:
Seibertron wrote:

But Takara was just following what they've always done in that case. Rumble and Frenzy have never had the their colors swapped in the Japanese media, so Japan has always been RIRFIB from the beginning.

Hasbro, however, has been moving more towards FIRRIB lately ever since their canceled Reveal the Shield Scout class Demolition Rumble figure being blue/purple. Once Hasbro's American release of Masterpiece Soundwave comes out, the names of the Rumble and Frenzy MP toys may be switched around from how Takara named them, especially since how the MP toys are very show-accurate and the American version of the cartoon used FIRRIB. ;)
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-30 Rumble and AM-31 Frenzy (1475935)
Posted by Arctorro on April 3rd, 2013 @ 12:53am CDT
El Duque wrote:
Seibertron wrote:

I couldn't disagree more. As you say, these are based on the cartoon after all and in the cartoon FIRRIB, so that is what I personally will be going with regardless of what name is on the packaging. I only read the comics a few years ago and didn't really enjoy them, so the cartoon from my childhood is what I base it on ;)
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-30 Rumble and AM-31 Frenzy (1475937)
Posted by Seibertron on April 3rd, 2013 @ 12:57am CDT
Arctorro wrote:
El Duque wrote:
Seibertron wrote:

Except in Japan, they got the names "right" with the G1 cartoon to match the toy releases. The main blue cassette Decepticon is called Frenzy in the Japanese version of th G1 cartoon. So, going with that, Takara's consistency should speak volumes over Hasbro's inconsistencies.
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-30 Rumble and AM-31 Frenzy (1475943)
Posted by Arctorro on April 3rd, 2013 @ 1:36am CDT
Seibertron wrote:
Arctorro wrote:
El Duque wrote:
Seibertron wrote:

Hasbro is nothing if not inconsistent, doesn't change anything though. I grew up with FIRRIB and that is something that can't be changed. I couldn't care less what Takara called these guys. I don't speak or read Japanese and haven't seen there version of the G1 cartoon, so the U.S. version is what I go by. That means, for me, Rumble will always be purple and blue and Frenzy will always be red and black.