Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

New Galleries: Transformers Watches

Transformers News: New Galleries: Transformers Watches

Tuesday, August 30th, 2011 11:46PM CDT

Categories: Knock Offs, Movie News, Site News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 81,931

What time is it? Time to get three galleries closer to our goal of 2500 with these transforming timepieces! Optimus Prime and Bumblebee come to us from the current Transformers Dark of the Moon line, while our third offering, Scorpia(Quartz), is a bit more of a vintage oddity. This one actually being a KO version of the rare G2 watch-former Scorpia.

Enjoy the galleries by following any of the links or clicking the images below.

Optimus Prime (Watches)
Dark of the Moon

Bumblebee (Watches)
Dark of the Moon

Scorpia (Quartz) (Watches)
KO Transformers

Re: New Galleries: Transformers Watches (1283904)
Posted by SpaceSkull on August 31st, 2011 @ 12:29am CDT
Picked up the Optimus one. It's great to see it transformed since I left it in package. I love the Scorpion one. That's totally awesome.
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Watches (1283908)
Posted by Hoitytoity on August 31st, 2011 @ 12:53am CDT
Guess I'd better watch out for these, huh? :lol:

Seriously though, that scorpion one is pretty cool.
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Watches (1283913)
Posted by kirbenvost on August 31st, 2011 @ 1:20am CDT
Cool! I had a TF watch when I was a kid, it was the Autobot symbol that split open to display the watch face. I actually still have it, but it's broken.
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Watches (1283927)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on August 31st, 2011 @ 3:00am CDT
I'm going to wear the black one at my next chess club meeting
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Watches (1283936)
Posted by Flux Convoy on August 31st, 2011 @ 3:38am CDT
I remember lusting after the old TF watches back in the day. I'd still like to have one for the hell of it. I had hoped these new ones were gonna be closer to that design. Still, pretty cool. Scorpia is really fun looking.
:BOT:
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Watches (1283995)
Posted by Marcdachamp on August 31st, 2011 @ 8:00am CDT
I used to have the Galvatron one and my friend had Ultra Magnus. Those G2 watches were sick.
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Watches (1283998)
Posted by GuyIncognito on August 31st, 2011 @ 8:07am CDT
I've never seen these before! Where can I buy them?
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Watches (1284030)
Posted by joevill on August 31st, 2011 @ 9:09am CDT
Upon viewing this in Google reader I was horrified on how ugly that prime watch was until I scrolled down some more to see it transforms! Yay! :KREMZEEK:
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Watches (1284041)
Posted by Seibertron on August 31st, 2011 @ 9:55am CDT
Has anyone seen the Bumblebee watch at retail stores in the US? I imported mine from an eBay seller in the UK because I couldn't find any information out about these. Can't believe this slipped under our radar. I don't think we ever covered these in the news. Even odder is that I think these identical watches came out in ROTF packaging as well.

While I'm normally 100% opposed to KO Transformers, somehow the 80s KO Transformers don't bother me. Perhaps it's because they're generally not identical or because they don't come in Transformers packaging? Or perhaps because I grew up with them? I'd love to get my hands on those crazy Dinobot KOs where they are remolded and look like different dinosaurs, or the weird KO Star Saber and Overlord love child, or the oversized G1 Gestalts that are of incredible quality apparently.

Scorpia is interesting because this KO is actually a KO of the Kronoform Scorpion watch that Takara released in the early 80s. This was the only way to get a Scorpion watch here in the US until the mid 90s when Takara oddly released it as part of the G2 line here in the states (I believe with a gold chrome color scheme instead of this all black color scheme which I actually prefer). I've been looking for a G2 Scorpia for quite some time and would happily buy one boxed for around $100 to $200 if one becomes available.

I'd also really like to get my hands on Autoceptor, Deceptor, and the standard robot watch that just about every kid had. They're tough to find at reasonable prices, especially in Transformers packaging and not in KO or Takara/Kronoform packaging.
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Watches (1284042)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on August 31st, 2011 @ 10:00am CDT
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Watches (1284045)
Posted by Seibertron on August 31st, 2011 @ 10:04am CDT
Megatron Wolf wrote:man i miss things like this, back when i was a kid there were watches for just about every cartoon or toy line. My favorite was the Queen from Aliens, the tail would wrap around your wrist as the watch band. Wish i knew what happened to that, it was a good display piece as well. If they're not to much i might pick up the prime one just for nostalgia.

You can find the Prime one alongside other children's watches from the same company at Target stores. At least you can in the Chicago area. Bumblebee eludes me however.
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Watches (1284071)
Posted by Treetop Maximus on August 31st, 2011 @ 11:13am CDT
It's like Kronoform without the fail!
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Watches (1284096)
Posted by Everyone on August 31st, 2011 @ 12:12pm CDT
The Optimus watch has red nipples :P
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Watches (1284105)
Posted by OlivusPrime on August 31st, 2011 @ 12:37pm CDT
That Scorpia one reminds me of the Watch-Con in DOTM. Real Gear who?
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Watches (1284145)
Posted by Seibertron on August 31st, 2011 @ 2:40pm CDT
OlivusPrime wrote:That Scorpia one reminds me of the Watch-Con in DOTM. Real Gear who?

* SIGH * Real Gear had so much potential! Ah well.
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Watches (1284187)
Posted by DISCHARGE on August 31st, 2011 @ 4:28pm CDT
Really, if you want you can borrow this for gallery if you want, yes it does have the wrist strap, I would want it back though
461.JPG
462.JPG
459.JPG
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Watches (1284190)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on August 31st, 2011 @ 4:36pm CDT
Kinda reminds me of the devices ramjet makes to control people in Spotlight: Ramjet.
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Watches (1284199)
Posted by Seibertron on August 31st, 2011 @ 4:58pm CDT
DISCHARGE wrote:I have been searching for the Bumblebee one since I have seen it on ebay. Picked up Prime during ROTF at Kmart as is was going out of business.
461.JPG
462.JPG
459.JPG

I really appreciate the offer. That is very generous of you. Due to the amount of shipping, insurance, liability, etc ... I prefer to own the Transformers that I photograph ... and it gives me incentive to continue collecting figures I don't own. I really appreciate the offer though.
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Watches (1284201)
Posted by DISCHARGE on August 31st, 2011 @ 5:01pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
461.JPG
462.JPG
459.JPG

No problem, I just thought I would offer. Your site has given me so much I just thought I would lend a hand if I could.
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Watches (1284202)
Posted by Seibertron on August 31st, 2011 @ 5:03pm CDT
DISCHARGE wrote:
Seibertron wrote:
461.JPG
462.JPG
459.JPG

That's awesome. :D

Best way to help is to participate on the forums, and help recruit other fans to participate as well on our forums. You can even promote Seibertron.com on Twitter and Facebook as well. News submissions are always welcome also!
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Watches (1284210)
Posted by triKlops on August 31st, 2011 @ 5:21pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:

* SIGH * Real Gear had so much potential! Ah well.

agree on that mr. seib
it could have been a really cool subline for them to grow with
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Watches (1284250)
Posted by wfry84 on August 31st, 2011 @ 7:20pm CDT
The scorpion watch is a re-mold. I had one when i was like 7 or 8. I can remeber buying it at meijer. There was a second one also, it was shiny gold. They cqme out the same time as g2 transformers cause thats when hasbro went crazy with the metallic paint...
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Watches (1284287)
Posted by michael alex kawa on August 31st, 2011 @ 9:48pm CDT