New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Deluxe High Octane Bumblebee

Sunday, April 13th, 2014 2:19PM CDT

Categories: Site News, Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 57,487

We continue in our Transformers: Age of Extinction toy galleries with Deluxe Class High Octane Bumblebee! Bumblebee gets another vintage Camaro alt mode in the form of 1967 SS. Just like in the first 2007 live action Transformers movie Bumblebee will sport two Camaro alt modes in the upcoming Transformers: Age of Extinction. We were first introduced to the movie universe version of Bumblebee as a beat up 1977 Camaro who later upgraded himself to a slick 2006 Concept Camaro. Similarly, Transformers: Age of Extinction will see Bumblebee as both a vintage 1967 SS Camaro and a 2014 Concept Camaro.

Hasbro has yet to reveal a toy version of the of the 2014 Concept Camaro for the Transformers: Age of Extinction toy line. For now enjoy our high quality comprehensive gallery of Deluxe High Octane Bumblebee by clicking any of the images or links below:

Age of Extinction High Octane Bumblebee

Transformers News: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Deluxe High Octane Bumblebee

Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Deluxe High Octane Bumblebee (1564962)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on April 13th, 2014 @ 3:17pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Nemesis Maximo wrote:I kinda dig this. I'll still probably hold out for the Leader class version, coz they tend to rock, but this ain't bad. I feel like he needs something to break up his colors though; not that he looks unfinished, just more like a Werther's Original with all the bronze. And with Slag and Scorn really seeming to POP for me, I just think a little bright orange might make Grimmy over here "zing".

Don't.

So far, we got two AMAZING voyagers who are great looking in both modes and they also have an INTERESTING TRANSFORMATION.
As for the leaders, if AoI 1st Ed Optimus Prime gives any clues, the leaders will be 5 steps changing shellformers.
For this line, the VOYAGERS seem to be the "serious and traditional" TFs while the rest seem to be the toys for little kids.
As for the colors, I bet a couple of repaints of every molds will come out down the line. In the meantime, anone who wont buy any AoI voyagers will miss out greatly.

Well, I don't really want to collect too many of the movie toys. But I love setting up 2007 leader class Brawl with ROTF Optimus and Starscream, and sometimes I put Megatron in. I'm hoping Grimlock is at
least on par with Megs, who was decent except for not having a neck.

As for quality, I'd say AOE Optimus is damn near the level of 2007 Optimus.
<!-- ia1 -->image.jpg<!-- ia1 -->
<!-- ia0 -->image.jpg<!-- ia0 -->
Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Deluxe High Octane Bumblebee (1564969)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 13th, 2014 @ 3:42pm CDT
Of course, if it's a matter of scale...
Let's hope Leader Grimlock will be as awesome as the voyager.
Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Deluxe High Octane Bumblebee (1564996)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on April 13th, 2014 @ 5:55pm CDT
I wonder how many repaints we will see with this Bumble mold? :VEHI:
Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Deluxe High Octane Bumblebee (1565010)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 13th, 2014 @ 7:35pm CDT

I'm sold on Voyager Grimlock. After reading an in-hand review of the Leader Grimlock over at TFW2005 (I'm not a traitor, honest!), it made the Voyager look superior, but not enough for me to actually spend twenty bucks I could be using on Generatons: Thrilling 30, Collectors' Club, and/or Masterpiece figures.

Megatron Wolf wrote:if it had some paint it would be the best movie prime but with damn near no paint at all it still goes to battle blade prime. Why do i have the feeling theres going to be a generations G1 repaint/remold of this

If, and I say if that were to happen (which it definitely won't), I want a new head, new shoulders, and a better deco. Then I'll get this mold, but if not, I'm perfectly happy with my Classics Voyager. Then again, it could make a pretty decent custom Nemesis Prime... :-?
Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Deluxe High Octane Bumblebee (1565026)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on April 13th, 2014 @ 8:38pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:The one thing, the one damn thing that bugs me about EM Optimus Prime... is that his alternate mode has one exhaust pipe, yet his robot mode has two. That doesn't set well with me. :HEADHURTS:

Ironically, that's actually screen-accurate, since the CGI model seems to be a major case of "smoke and mirrors." In alt mode, he's still got the old Peterbilt parts on him, and yet transforms into a flatnose truck.

Then again, I can't say if the flatnose truck mode in AoE has one or two exhaust pipes.
Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Deluxe High Octane Bumblebee (1565028)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 13th, 2014 @ 8:42pm CDT
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:

*goes and Googles to see*

...Yes, he has one...

Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Deluxe High Octane Bumblebee (1565029)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on April 13th, 2014 @ 8:42pm CDT
As for AoE "muscle car" deluxe Bumblebee...I see some potential in the toy, AFTER an extensive paint job on his bot mode. Loving the alt mode.

Might pick him up as a cheap practice subject for my airbrushing.
Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Deluxe High Octane Bumblebee (1565030)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on April 13th, 2014 @ 8:44pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:

*goes and Googles to see*

...Yes, he has one...

Like I said, at least he's screen-accurate. :D
Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Deluxe High Octane Bumblebee (1565039)
Posted by Madeus Prime on April 13th, 2014 @ 9:46pm CDT
Superb galleries, as per usual. :APPLAUSE:

This figure isn't too shabby IMHO, I'd pick him up, if not for the recycled engineering of the figure. (Arms, back, wings = DOTM Bee. Legs = ROTF Bee)
Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Deluxe High Octane Bumblebee (1565079)
Posted by T-Macksimus on April 13th, 2014 @ 11:34pm CDT
I see that a lot of folks are complaining about the paint apps (or lack thereof) on EM Optimus. What I wan't to know is... why isn't it faded silver and rust colored? Not that I don't appreciate the G1 tribute they are going for here but I'm pretty sure he wasn't vibrant red when he was hauled in on the back of the tow-truck and I'm also willing to bet that his time in the barn is about all the screen time that version of him will get so WHY NOT keep the paint job consistent? I would actually be a bit more inclined to pick this thing up if they had done that. So now I'll have to go with this thing having 4 strikes against it instead of the original three that made me decide to not buy it.
I don't know, maybe I'll reserve the absolute final judgement for when I can see it in the store. Maybe...possibly I'll change my mind but so far I'm just not sold on this figure.
Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Deluxe High Octane Bumblebee (1565090)
Posted by Seibertron on April 14th, 2014 @ 12:11am CDT
T-Macksimus wrote:What I wan't to know is... why isn't it faded silver and rust colored?

It's simple! So they can sell collectors a screen accurate version later down the road. ;)^
Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Deluxe High Octane Bumblebee (1565523)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 15th, 2014 @ 7:00pm CDT
Building up on the Age of Extinction hype put forth by February's Toy Fair, Seibertron.com is proud to present its latest addition to the Age of Extinction fray: Dinobot Scorn! This Deluxe-class fella, along with fellow Dinobots Slash and Strafe, is a new entry to the universal Dinobot roster, transforming into a red Spinosaurus with a optics of a [strike]homicidal maniac[/strike] heroic Dinobot. His robot mode bears a passing resemblance to Beast Wars Megatron, with his right arm being formed by his dino mode's jaw and his left arm comprised of aforementioned mode's tail, in which his hacksaw-like sword is stored.

Age of Extinction Scorn

After taking a gander at this gallery, share your thoughts on this "rumbling, thundering war hammer on legs" in the Energon Pub!
Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Deluxe High Octane Bumblebee (1565532)
Posted by Noideaforaname on April 15th, 2014 @ 7:39pm CDT
<!-- ia0 -->megagate.jpg<!-- ia0 -->

Wow, they really shrunk the packaging. Is the toy itself any smaller?
Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Deluxe High Octane Bumblebee (1565533)
Posted by Seibertron on April 15th, 2014 @ 7:42pm CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:[attachment=0]megagate.jpg[/attachment]

Wow, they really shrunk the packaging. Is the toy itself any smaller?

It's a pretty standard deluxe class figure. Smaller than RTS Jazz but bigger than FOC Jazz. It's actually one of my favorites from this line so far. I would have liked if the tail detached from the arm but you can still get some pretty decent poses from it despite this flaw.
Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Deluxe High Octane Bumblebee (1565546)
Posted by Sacredenginex on April 15th, 2014 @ 8:47pm CDT
Looks great, but does anybody else think that head looks just like Tailgates?
Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Deluxe High Octane Bumblebee (1565548)
Posted by BeastProwl on April 15th, 2014 @ 8:49pm CDT
Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Deluxe High Octane Bumblebee (1565550)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 15th, 2014 @ 8:53pm CDT
BeastProwl wrote:Im digging the Dinobots, but I don't think they'll be transforming. Scorn's head is just too... buckety? Thats not a bad thing, but so far Grimlock looks like the only silver-screen robot mode, and even he's a maybe.
Hasbro confirmed at their pre-Toy Fair event that all five will be transforming in the movie.
Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Deluxe High Octane Bumblebee (1565551)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on April 15th, 2014 @ 8:58pm CDT
I am digging scorn, even with the funky tail arm.
Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Deluxe High Octane Bumblebee (1565587)
Posted by Downbeat on April 15th, 2014 @ 11:51pm CDT
That is an incredibly pleasing headsculpt. Really can't wait to see the other Dinobots in hand.
Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Deluxe High Octane Bumblebee (1565605)
Posted by Twitchythe3rd on April 16th, 2014 @ 1:16am CDT
I really like the whole knight helmet head thing the Dinobots have going on, probably because they're as far from Movieverse headsculpts as it gets. Might have to bite on at least the Deluxe class guys. More robot dinosaurs is never a bad thing.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #142 - Botcon 2016 Part 3: The Last One
"Botcon 2016 Part 3: The Last One"
Posted: Sunday, April 17th, 2016