New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Voyager Class Slog

Transformers News: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Voyager Class Slog

Sunday, August 24th, 2014 1:58PM CDT

Categories: Site News, Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: Dr Va'al   Views: 27,669

Sauropod Sunday, anyone? Join Seibertron.com in welcoming the latest gallery, featuring the Age of Extinction Generations Voyager Brontosaurus Sludge Brachiosaurus Slog, in all his red weaponed glory! Click on any of the images below to view the full gallery, which includes comparison shots with its G1 predecessor and the current Dinobot line-up.

Age of Extinction: Generations Slog

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Voyager Class Slog (1601643)
Posted by TulioDude on August 24th, 2014 @ 2:16pm CDT
He looks pretty good.A solid toy.
Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Voyager Class Slog (1601648)
Posted by megatronus on August 24th, 2014 @ 2:25pm CDT
Love that head!
Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Voyager Class Slog (1601649)
Posted by Dr Va'al on August 24th, 2014 @ 2:27pm CDT
What's he like in hand, Ryan?

Is it a worthwhile addition to the dinocast?
Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Voyager Class Slog (1601653)
Posted by Noideaforaname on August 24th, 2014 @ 2:39pm CDT
He kinda makes me think of this guy:
Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Voyager Class Slog (1601668)
Posted by shajaki on August 24th, 2014 @ 3:55pm CDT
sorta strange when you look at the other main line dinobots. the others so bright and flamboyant, while slog is pretty G1 colored (aside from the absence of gold). almost looks out of place.
Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Voyager Class Slog (1601671)
Posted by Rated X on August 24th, 2014 @ 4:50pm CDT
So is he in stores yet ? I decided not to pay crackhead prices online for this guy. Ill wait it out. I got the chrome version from amazon coming along with the SDCC set.
Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Voyager Class Slog (1601678)
Posted by Madeus Prime on August 24th, 2014 @ 5:54pm CDT
Looks really nice, I just wish his wrists rotated so he could convincingly wield his lances.
Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Voyager Class Slog (1601697)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on August 24th, 2014 @ 7:17pm CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:He kinda makes me think of this guy:

Except Laserbeak doesn't have candy for weapons.
Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Voyager Class Slog (1601699)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 24th, 2014 @ 7:26pm CDT
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:
Noideaforaname wrote:He kinda makes me think of this guy:

Except Laserbeak doesn't have candy for weapons.
Those wings sure look cherry-flavored to me. :P
Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Voyager Class Slog (1601700)
Posted by hunter4life on August 24th, 2014 @ 7:29pm CDT
i love the coloring but i hate the design. it should have being less mashed up and more coherent design. might get it on sale though.
Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Voyager Class Slog (1601701)
Posted by hunter4life on August 24th, 2014 @ 7:45pm CDT
Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Voyager Class Slog (1601747)
Posted by RhA on August 25th, 2014 @ 3:21am CDT
I just can't seem to bring myself to feel the love for Slog.
Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Voyager Class Slog (1601791)
Posted by Seibertron on August 25th, 2014 @ 8:56am CDT
RhA wrote:I just can't seem to bring myself to feel the love for Slog.

I bet that girl in your sig could bring herself to feel some love for Slog.
Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Voyager Class Slog (1601793)
Posted by megatronus on August 25th, 2014 @ 9:05am CDT
Seibertron wrote:
RhA wrote:I just can't seem to bring myself to feel the love for Slog.

I bet that girl in your sig could bring herself to feel some love for Slog.

:shock:

:-?

Zing!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Voyager Class Slog (1601795)
Posted by Dr Va'al on August 25th, 2014 @ 9:15am CDT
You think these galleries were born..? They were built - and now we're sharing them with you here on Seibertron.com. Turn your (gun) faces to witness the Deluxe class incarnations of Transformers: Age of Extinction Lockdown, in both the Hasbro Generations and Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line AD-26 versions. Click on any image to view the full works. Warning: there may or may not be trophies within.

Takara Tomy: Movie Advanced Lockdown

Age of Extinction: Generations Lockdown

Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Voyager Class Slog (1601796)
Posted by megatronus on August 25th, 2014 @ 9:17am CDT
Kind of bums me out that Lockdown isn't a deluxe that unfolds into a voyager. If there was any deluxe that could have used the extra engineering and development dollars, it's Lockdown.

That's not to say I think the AoE figure is bad - just saying.
Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Voyager Class Slog (1601801)
Posted by President-prime on August 25th, 2014 @ 9:34am CDT
This is one ugly figure I won't be getting. The car is cool, but the face is just ugly. Saw it at target a few times, wanted to get him but ended up putting it back. Maybe a leader class with a helmet face...even then I will leave as car mode. Such a waste of licensing product
Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Voyager Class Slog (1601804)
Posted by RiddlerJ on August 25th, 2014 @ 9:43am CDT
Yeah, I find him a little underwhelming. I'm glad he has the gun face option but he needs more weapons and the flip down mask like in the movie.

His expression is a little too docile too. It looks strange.
Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Voyager Class Slog (1601808)
Posted by Seibertron on August 25th, 2014 @ 10:05am CDT
Va'al wrote:What's he like in hand, Ryan?

Is it a worthwhile addition to the dinocast?

I really like Voyager Class Slog, especially in dinosaur mode which is considerably (and surprisingly) larger than G1 Sludge. The robot mode is OK. It looks pretty cool if you are into the movie aesthetics. There's something weird with his back/mid section where it plugs in where it seems to come undone fairly easily. Other than that, the only issue I really have with it is that the wrists don't turn. He comes with two giant lances but he is a challenge to pose with the lances unfortunately. I ended up liking it best with the lances attached to his upper back behind his head and using the shoulder blasters like hand guns.
Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Voyager Class Slog (1601834)
Posted by Mindmaster on August 25th, 2014 @ 11:46am CDT
I'll get Lockdown if I happen to see him. But, as it stands, my only concern at this point is Generations. Slog is a pass, and while Drift looks cool (his swords are especially forged in kickassery), I am in no need for him. It was a missed opportunity to just heavily modify Generations Springer. He may had been out of scale with the rest of the Autobots, but it would've been the best solution. >:oP