New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Voyager Evasion Mode Optimus Prime

Saturday, April 12th, 2014 1:32AM CDT

Categories: Site News, Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: Autobot032   Views: 63,614

The gallery everyone has been waiting for!

You've seen the video review, now see the high quality, perfect clarity, high definition gallery that only Seibertron.com can bring you: Voyager Class Evasion Mode Optimus Prime from Age Of Extinction!

Now, the first thing you may notice is the G1 deco and you might say "Isn't he a rusty white with flames in the movie?" Yes, he is. The deco is most likely just a nice nod to the G1 version of Optimus Prime for the 30th anniversary and the fans. You'll also notice the similarities of the truck alt mode to the G1 original's truck mode. (You can see the G1 figure's gallery here.)

Robot mode is where they really differ, however. For the longest time, HFTD Battle Blades Optimus was considered the best Voyager Class movie Optimus, until now. Evasion Mode Optimus is going to give Battle Blades a run for his money! Not only is the maskless face nicely detailed, but it's almost perfectly accurate to the CGI model.

Prime's Ion Cannon is actually Megatron's gun from Dark of the Moon. It is compatible with the DOTM Voyager Class Megatron figure thanks to the tabs on the side of the shotgun. (How cool is that?!) We've included several pictures at the end of this gallery showcasing Megatron using his own cannon.

Very poseable! Could be this generation's "Bendy" Optimus. ("Bendy" Optimus is a nickname given to Deluxe Class (Max-Con) Armada Optimus, which was the most poseable Optimus Prime figure up to that point. It was a game changer.)

We've included comparison shots with other Movie series Voyager Class figures in this gallery as well as Encore G1 Optimus Prime and Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus Prime.

Without further ado, here are the pictures! Click on any below to be taken to the full gallery:

Age of Extinction Evasion Mode Optimus Prime

Transformers News: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Voyager Evasion Mode Optimus Prime

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Voyager Evasion Mode Optimus Prime (1564637)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on April 12th, 2014 @ 2:13am CDT
I don't know. I mean...the alt-mode is definitely pretty, but the robot mode looks unfinished. I really hate how colorless many of the AOE toys have been.

As for who's the better representation on Movie Optimus, I like the Voyager DOTM mold best just for proportions.
Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Voyager Evasion Mode Optimus Prime (1564639)
Posted by Razieon on April 12th, 2014 @ 2:16am CDT
That's an epic gallery, Evasion Prime will definitely be bought on sight! It looks like the Fusion Shotgun he comes with can actually tab into DotM Megatron's hands.
Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Voyager Evasion Mode Optimus Prime (1564641)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on April 12th, 2014 @ 2:17am CDT
Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Voyager Evasion Mode Optimus Prime (1564644)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on April 12th, 2014 @ 2:20am CDT
double post, firefox is acting wonky tonight
Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Voyager Evasion Mode Optimus Prime (1564660)
Posted by MR Optimus Prime on April 12th, 2014 @ 4:24am CDT
Will never be a fan of huge robot feet on the rear of Prime's truck mode. They fixed this in the movies, but here it crops up again.
Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Voyager Evasion Mode Optimus Prime (1564695)
Posted by hinomars19 on April 12th, 2014 @ 8:10am CDT
Did they give him that shotgun to homage how G1 Prime's gun fit in his hand? He holds it the same way and it's just as arkward :D

The colours kill the bot mode. But I think it looks a nice mold.
Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Voyager Evasion Mode Optimus Prime (1564709)
Posted by Deathscythetransform on April 12th, 2014 @ 9:30am CDT
instant by on sight
the voyager mold is a 1 000 000 000 times better thant the playskool leader class if you aske me. sure the lack of paint aps hurts it but hey, thats why they make sharpie crayons for !

Megatron Wolf wrote:if it had some paint it would be the best movie prime but with damn near no paint at all it still goes to battle blade prime. Why do i have the feeling theres going to be a generations G1 repaint/remold of this

hum... its a g1 hommage to me
Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Voyager Evasion Mode Optimus Prime (1564739)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on April 12th, 2014 @ 1:03pm CDT
I'll be waiting for the inevitable screen-accurate repaint, I already have my G1 homage in the shape of First Strike :lol: And something of interest:

Transformers Generations
Voyager Class
Series M4: #001

Would that mean we're getting a Series 4 and a Series M4 side by side?
Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Voyager Evasion Mode Optimus Prime (1564743)
Posted by Ultra Markus on April 12th, 2014 @ 1:38pm CDT
why didn't they do a cabover in the first place this proves it could have been done and it doesn't look all that bad robot mode almost similar to what they already did a few tweaks and it could have been much more impressive but i think its still pretty cool
Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Voyager Evasion Mode Optimus Prime (1564746)
Posted by kirbenvost on April 12th, 2014 @ 2:10pm CDT
Well, I'm sold. Even if the Takara version fails to impress or is too cost-prohibitive, I'll still get the Hasbro version. This gallery really shows off the awesome poses he can do as well as the impressive detail of the mold, even if they could have used more paint details in alt mode. I really love that the gun is compatible with Megatron. I'll probably give it to him and keep on the lookout for a suitable 3rd Party weapon for OP.

Thanks for taking such an impressive gallery, Seibertron! :)
Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Voyager Evasion Mode Optimus Prime (1564756)
Posted by Delta Magnus on April 12th, 2014 @ 3:24pm CDT
Looks good! Personally I think the longnose truck suits Prime more than the cabover (even if the cabover is the classic) but this still looks a good figure.

I don't like the way he holds his gun, but if he's got 5mm hands you could give him any weapon you want. Heck, if you really wanted you could even give him the original Prime's blaster (although why you'd want to give him that piece of crap is beyond me...)
Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Voyager Evasion Mode Optimus Prime (1564768)
Posted by Seibertron on April 12th, 2014 @ 4:16pm CDT
You guys ready for Voyager Class Grimlock's gallery? :KREMZEEK: :michaelbay: :twisted:
Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Voyager Evasion Mode Optimus Prime (1564820)
Posted by User897 on April 12th, 2014 @ 8:50pm CDT

For that, I respect and like the minimal paint apps. The overall sculpt, as well as the head, are top notch. This figure definitely tugs at my G1 heartstrings, with just enough newness to balance it.

Aside from the slight misstep with handling the gun, I like this figure immensely and will buy it as soon as I see it, if indeed the distribution problems of old do not swing this way.

I swear, some fools just gotta bitch to hear themselves. But at the same time, when I hate something, I am vocal about it. Oh well. It's as good as bought for me.
Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Voyager Evasion Mode Optimus Prime (1564821)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on April 12th, 2014 @ 8:54pm CDT
The time has come for you all to witness the newest addition to the Seibertron.com Transformers Age of Extinction galleries. Voyager Grimlock is in the first wave of AoE toys along with wave mate Evasion Mode Optimus Prime. These toys are scheduled to hit stores in may, however a few leaked out early in Canada. Until you can get your hands on this guy, enjoy our comprehensive high quality gallery by clicking on the images below.

Age of Extinction Grimlock

Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Voyager Evasion Mode Optimus Prime (1564824)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 12th, 2014 @ 9:00pm CDT
♪ One of these things is not like the others. ♪

Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Voyager Evasion Mode Optimus Prime (1564825)
Posted by Seibertron on April 12th, 2014 @ 9:05pm CDT
User897 wrote:This is AVERSION MODE Optimus Prime, not HEY EVERYBODY LOOK AT ME, REMEMBER THE FLAMES AND SUCH??!! I'M OPTIMUS PRIME BITCHES, COME GET ME! Optimus Prime.

Nice to hear some more positive comments on it. I think it's a fantastic figure. Needs a few more paint apps but other than that it is a fantastic representation of Movie Universe Optimus Prime.

As for the gun, I felt the same way until I realized that it was compatible with DOTM Megatron. Aside from some overly advanced system to hide the standard peg for Transformers to hold their weapons, I can't think of how else they could have done this. They more than made up for it in my opinion by making this gun backwards compatible with DOTM Megatron ... a figure that came out at retail 3 years ago. Kudos to the designers for making that happen!
Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Voyager Evasion Mode Optimus Prime (1564832)
Posted by Noideaforaname on April 12th, 2014 @ 9:19pm CDT
A shame Grimlock's dino-mode suffers while the Slug and Scorn's look fantastic.

Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Voyager Evasion Mode Optimus Prime (1564859)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on April 12th, 2014 @ 11:21pm CDT
Hmmm... I am still on the fence about Grimlock.. I guess i'll play it when I actually see him in person.
Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Voyager Evasion Mode Optimus Prime (1564881)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on April 13th, 2014 @ 1:11am CDT
I kinda dig this. I'll still probably hold out for the Leader class version, coz they tend to rock, but this ain't bad. I feel like he needs something to break up his colors though; not that he looks unfinished, just more like a Werther's Original with all the bronze. And with Slag and Scorn really seeming to POP for me, I just think a little bright orange might make Grimmy over here "zing".
Re: New Gallery: Age of Extinction Generations Voyager Evasion Mode Optimus Prime (1564898)
Posted by Caelus on April 13th, 2014 @ 4:05am CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:Since the on-screen Dinobots seem to be plain metallic grey (going by the trailers and art) and the color choices evidently are arbitrary, I'm disappointed they didn't go for G2 colors.

I'd probably be sold on him already if he were Turquoise instead of copper.

<!-- ia1 -->G2 Grimlock - Slapdash.jpg<!-- ia1 -->

Though blue looks pretty good...

<!-- ia0 -->G2 Grimlock - Slapdash - Blue Silver.jpg<!-- ia0 -->

Ending Soon On eBay

TRANSFORMERS G1 POWERMASTER GETAWAY BOT ONLY NOT COMPLETE 1980s ORIGINAL - Time Remaining: 4 days 8 hours 11 minutes 52 seconds
Hasbro Transformers 2001 Robots in Disguise RID Megatron MISB New Unopened - Time Remaining: 4 days 11 hours 57 minutes 12 seconds
Transformers (2010 Reveal the Shield) Voyager Class: Solar Storm Grappel - Time Remaining: 4 days 23 hours 29 minutes 1 second
TRANSFORMERS G1 POWERMASTER SLAPDASH BOT ONLY NOT COMPLETE 1980s ORIGINAL - Time Remaining: 4 days 7 hours 44 minutes 30 seconds
Takara Tomy Transformers Generation 2013  Fall of Cybertron TG-12 Air Raid fire - Time Remaining: 4 days 17 hours 16 minutes 59 seconds
TRANSFORMERS G1 POWERMATER REV FOR GETAWAY BOT ONLY NOT COMPLETE 1980s ORIGINAL - Time Remaining: 4 days 7 hours 47 minutes 39 seconds
Transformers BotCon 2016 Megatron's Rubber Ducky Duck Squeaks new - Time Remaining: 3 days 14 hours 50 minutes 32 seconds
Transformers TFCC 2016 Membership Exclusive Armada Universe Ramjet MIB botcon - Time Remaining: 3 days 10 hours 50 minutes 27 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #149 - Titans Arrive