Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

New Gallery! Botcon 2012: Shattered Glass Straxus!

Transformers News: New Gallery!  Botcon 2012: Shattered Glass Straxus!

Wednesday, April 25th, 2012 11:36PM CDT

Categories: Collectables, Event News, Toy News
Posted by: GetRightRobot   Views: 29,286

As part of our around the clock coverage of Botcon 2012 in Dallas Texas, we are proud to present the newest addition to the Seibertron.com toy galleries, 2012 Shattered Glass Straxus!

Re: New Gallery! Botcon 2012: Shattered Glass Straxus! (1373178)
Posted by zodconvoy on April 25th, 2012 @ 11:48pm CDT
I like the colors. It looks very "Rhinox" to me.
Re: New Gallery! Botcon 2012: Shattered Glass Straxus! (1373186)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 26th, 2012 @ 12:03am CDT
Heh, we're getting a toy of the poet, and we didn't even know it. ;)

*dodges fruit*
Re: New Gallery! Botcon 2012: Shattered Glass Straxus! (1373196)
Posted by Kung Fu Man on April 26th, 2012 @ 12:24am CDT
Re: New Gallery! Botcon 2012: Shattered Glass Straxus! (1373200)
Posted by Kibble on April 26th, 2012 @ 12:33am CDT
Better than last year's crappy freebie, but not by much...
Re: New Gallery! Botcon 2012: Shattered Glass Straxus! (1373204)
Posted by Blurrz on April 26th, 2012 @ 12:38am CDT
I'd slap a repro on it and call him something else..
Re: New Gallery! Botcon 2012: Shattered Glass Straxus! (1373205)
Posted by LiKwid on April 26th, 2012 @ 12:38am CDT
Thank for posting this...I know what Im walking into 2morrow :P any chance of the others coming up tonight or early 2morrow? Puh Puh Pleeeeease :P
Re: New Gallery! Botcon 2012: Shattered Glass Straxus! (1373206)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on April 26th, 2012 @ 12:39am CDT
GI Joe Serpentor homage?
Re: New Gallery! Botcon 2012: Shattered Glass Straxus! (1373209)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 26th, 2012 @ 12:42am CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:GI Joe Serpentor homage?
Or simply inverted color spectrum colors?

Or homage to this?
Re: New Gallery! Botcon 2012: Shattered Glass Straxus! (1373258)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on April 26th, 2012 @ 5:35am CDT
And thanks to "Straxus" being unavailable to trademark, his official name is "The Bard of Darkmount". :lol:

And this news depresses me... I'll go hide in my rabbit hole and cry the weekend away.
Re: New Gallery! Botcon 2012: Shattered Glass Straxus! (1373275)
Posted by Flakmaster on April 26th, 2012 @ 7:15am CDT
Well, this is an awesome development. Not sure what this will go for on Ebay, but if by some miracle I see one under #40 I may just get it. I'm not sure how many people agree with me, but I love this figure sculpt!
Re: New Gallery! Botcon 2012: Shattered Glass Straxus! (1373281)
Posted by Banjo-Tron on April 26th, 2012 @ 7:27am CDT
I'm a big fan of the sculpt too, but the colour scheme is sick. And not sick in a 'down with the kids' way, it is just disgusting.
Re: New Gallery! Botcon 2012: Shattered Glass Straxus! (1373284)
Posted by Heavy B on April 26th, 2012 @ 7:30am CDT
Kung Fu Man wrote:As nice as it looks, I think I'll wait awhile before picking this guy up on the secondhand market. The $100+ price he's getting on eBay is cringeworthy for the time being.

No one said collecting the Shattered Glass toyline would be cheep.
Re: New Gallery! Botcon 2012: Shattered Glass Straxus! (1373299)
Posted by WolfDawg on April 26th, 2012 @ 8:33am CDT
Cheetor?
Re: New Gallery! Botcon 2012: Shattered Glass Straxus! (1373311)
Posted by Pretender Skywarp on April 26th, 2012 @ 8:58am CDT

I like the mould, not keen on the colours, saves me money I guess!!
Re: New Gallery! Botcon 2012: Shattered Glass Straxus! (1373340)
Posted by RiddlerJ on April 26th, 2012 @ 9:40am CDT
It's a stretch but you could pretend he's Classics Landmine.

Re: New Gallery! Botcon 2012: Shattered Glass Straxus! (1373344)
Posted by GuyIncognito on April 26th, 2012 @ 9:46am CDT

The price will probably only go up, not down.
Re: New Gallery! Botcon 2012: Shattered Glass Straxus! (1373353)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on April 26th, 2012 @ 9:56am CDT
Pretender Skywarp wrote:I was hoping for more Classics than SG the year, for a VS theme, it's a bit one-sided!

How about Autobots & SG Decepticons VS Decepticon & SG Autobots? Would that even things out?
Re: New Gallery! Botcon 2012: Shattered Glass Straxus! (1373373)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on April 26th, 2012 @ 10:30am CDT
I want it, I want it, I want it! I like the mold, have the other 2.

But I'm not paying ridiculous evilBay prices. I'll check on it in a month or so.

As for the color scheme, I thought it was an homage to Scrounge, whom Straxus crippled in the comics.
Re: New Gallery! Botcon 2012: Shattered Glass Straxus! (1373389)
Posted by Optimutt on April 26th, 2012 @ 11:03am CDT
The Bard of Darkmount? That screams Shakespeare to me! So, while I'm not in love with the color, I would gladly be willing to discuss a purchase from anyone who goes to Bot-Con.

Please PM me if you're interested in getting rid of yours.

Thanks!!!
Re: New Gallery! Botcon 2012: Shattered Glass Straxus! (1373403)
Posted by AdamPrime on April 26th, 2012 @ 11:57am CDT
I was thinking he could be a tribute to Emirate Xaaron, who has a similar tank mode in a few of his different incarnations.
Re: New Gallery! Botcon 2012: Shattered Glass Straxus! (1373407)
Posted by craggy on April 26th, 2012 @ 12:12pm CDT
Re: New Gallery! Botcon 2012: Shattered Glass Straxus! (1373429)
Posted by Banjo-Tron on April 26th, 2012 @ 1:39pm CDT
craggy wrote:really didn't like the colours, til I realised it looks like he's made out of Caramac, which does improve his standing slightly.

nomnomnom Caramac. You have offically made me hungry.
Re: New Gallery! Botcon 2012: Shattered Glass Straxus! (1373430)
Posted by Dead Metal on April 26th, 2012 @ 1:50pm CDT
This is awesome, I love they toy's name "The Bard of Darkmount", that card is cool and hilarious all at once.
Re: New Gallery! Botcon 2012: Shattered Glass Straxus! (1373475)
Posted by Kung Fu Man on April 26th, 2012 @ 3:59pm CDT
Well, held out for awhile at least...$127 seems fair given what everyone else is currently paying for him on eBay at the very least. Now to just make room on an already crowded autobot shelf @.@
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction