New Gallery: MP-18 Masterpiece Streak (Bluestreak)

Tuesday, November 5th, 2013 2:40AM CST

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: Autobot032   Views: 35,894

Seibertron.com is proud to present our newest gallery: MP-18 Streak! (AKA Bluestreak)

The second of the three Datsun Fairlady Z releases, with Prowl previously released (come back tomorrow for our MP-17 gallery!) and Smokescreen soon to follow. Most people see the Datsuns and recognize Prowl or Smokescreen first due to the former being a police car and the latter being a very bright red, white and blue race car. Both stand out, while Bluestreak looks like your run of the mill automobile and tends not to, but this isn't a weakness, this makes his the best disguise of all!

While Bluestreak, as a character, isn't exactly memorable, except for his attitude and mouth (both of which got him into trouble), his masterpiece figure certainly will be. Takara Tomy's attention to detail really shines with this guy, because not only does he look like his animation model, he also shows off every fine detail of the real Datsun Fairlady Z, with a painstaking paint deco that's deserving of covetous stares.

If you're still sitting on the fence about these, we hope our galleries will sway you. These beautiful gems will look great in any collection. Want to see more? Check out the pictures below before heading to the full gallery (which can be accessed just by clicking any of the pictures) and then come back and share your thoughts!

Transformers Masterpiece Streak

Transformers News: New Galleries: Masterpiece Transformers

Transformers News: New Galleries: Masterpiece Transformers

Transformers News: New Galleries: Masterpiece Transformers

Transformers News: New Galleries: Masterpiece Transformers

Transformers News: New Galleries: Masterpiece Transformers

Transformers News: New Galleries: Masterpiece Transformers

Transformers News: New Galleries: Masterpiece Transformers

Transformers News: New Galleries: Masterpiece Transformers

Transformers News: New Galleries: Masterpiece Transformers

Transformers News: New Galleries: Masterpiece Transformers

Re: New Gallery: MP-18 Masterpiece Streak (Bluestreak) (1528027)
Posted by xyl360 on November 5th, 2013 @ 3:22am CST
Gorgeous, beautiful, perfect. In my POL he waits and the temptation to ship is overwhelming. Soon my precious, soon.
Re: New Gallery: MP-18 Masterpiece Streak (Bluestreak) (1528034)
Posted by Ravage XK on November 5th, 2013 @ 4:08am CST
Such a fantastic figure. Car mode is so good you should get two to show off in both modes. I like these new MP figures so much I have bought some display cases to keep them dust free.
Re: New Gallery: MP-18 Masterpiece Streak (Bluestreak) (1528058)
Posted by megatronus on November 5th, 2013 @ 9:53am CST
I have TRU Optimus with Sideswipe, Prowl, and Bluestreak together on my shelf. They look fantastic as a team. Can't wait for the Wheeljack/BB reveals.
Re: New Gallery: MP-18 Masterpiece Streak (Bluestreak) (1528121)
Posted by Autobot032 on November 5th, 2013 @ 4:44pm CST
Seibertron.com is proud to present our newest gallery: MP-17 Prowl!

The first of the three Datsun Fairlady Z releases, the one that started it all. Instantly recognizable, Prowl the strategist makes a splash in Masterpiece form for the first time. Much like his brother Bluestreak, Prowl is a highly detailed replica of the Datsun Fairlady Z, with yet another gorgeous paint scheme.

Prowl, as a character, was kinda boring and by the book, while this Masterpiece figure is anything but. Takara Tomy's attention to detail continues to wow with this guy, because he looks like he stepped right out of your screen, and looks like a work of art. Much like the Lamborghini mold (gallery coming soon!), each Datsun figure has their own individual face, making each figure unique and not just a simple redeco like the figures of the past.

Transformers Masterpiece Prowl

Keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in news and updates, plus the best galleries around![/quote]
Re: New Gallery: MP-18 Masterpiece Streak (Bluestreak) (1528173)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on November 5th, 2013 @ 9:59pm CST
First off: that thing about him and Bluestreak being brothers...is that a Japanese universe thing? Coz I don't remember that being a thing in U.S. Stuff.

Second: he's smaller than Alternators Prowl? :shock: DAY-yam he looks tiny.
Re: New Gallery: MP-18 Masterpiece Streak (Bluestreak) (1528183)
Posted by RhA on November 5th, 2013 @ 11:42pm CST
He is tiny!
Re: New Gallery: MP-18 Masterpiece Streak (Bluestreak) (1528189)
Posted by Autobot032 on November 6th, 2013 @ 12:30am CST
RhA wrote:He is tiny!

Sideswipe and the Datsun brothers are all in the same scale, so they're all tiny. They're about the size of a large Unicron Trilogy Deluxe Class figure. Which, after digging them out of storage, I was surprised to see just how outlandish they were and how far we've come while minimizing their size.

Impressive, while a bit sad. Impressive as engineering these things has become a work of art, while the price for what you get is worse. That's just the way things go, I suppose. =\
Re: New Gallery: MP-18 Masterpiece Streak (Bluestreak) (1528263)
Posted by xyl360 on November 6th, 2013 @ 12:12pm CST
Autobot032 wrote:
RhA wrote:He is tiny!

And totally worth it for the end result IMO. If I spent money on toys by the pound or based on the amount of plastic and/or metal they contained, I'd be buying bigger things like Super Sentai stuff or the dollar store KOs.

I don't believe a figure needs to be big to be considered a "masterpiece", it just needs to look "perfect", which in my opinion, these definitely do. I said it with MP-10 and I can confidently say it about every MP created since: that's not another <insert name of character> toy, that IS <insert name of character>. So in this case, that IS Prowl IMO. He is the essence of everything I think of when I think of G1 Prowl.
Re: New Gallery: MP-18 Masterpiece Streak (Bluestreak) (1528266)
Posted by megatronus on November 6th, 2013 @ 12:22pm CST
xyl360 wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:
RhA wrote:He is tiny!

:APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:

Couldn't have said it better myself.
Re: New Gallery: MP-18 Masterpiece Streak (Bluestreak) (1528268)
Posted by RhA on November 6th, 2013 @ 12:42pm CST
megatronus wrote:
xyl360 wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:
RhA wrote:He is tiny!

:APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I agree. Size does not equal the level of awesomeness. The pricetag is, however, far too big to justify that size.
Re: New Gallery: MP-18 Masterpiece Streak (Bluestreak) (1528290)
Posted by megatronus on November 6th, 2013 @ 2:35pm CST
RhA wrote:
megatronus wrote:
xyl360 wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:
RhA wrote:He is tiny!

:APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Have you tried HLJ? A lot of people have been able to get the MP cars for less than $60 shipped.
Re: New Gallery: MP-18 Masterpiece Streak (Bluestreak) (1528325)
Posted by DanaCornZine on November 6th, 2013 @ 8:13pm CST
Re: New Gallery: MP-18 Masterpiece Streak (Bluestreak) (1528344)
Posted by megatronus on November 6th, 2013 @ 9:32pm CST
DanaCornZine wrote:I do, however, want them to match up in size to the other MP figures. It seems like they're all whatever size they just happen to make and don't match one another. If they're going to go to all the trouble of making such a great mold and then putting a huge price tag on it, they should make them stand at the right height when compared to one another.

They... do...
Re: New Gallery: MP-18 Masterpiece Streak (Bluestreak) (1555605)
Posted by Dr Va'al on March 6th, 2014 @ 1:38pm CST
These ain't your parents' Transformers galleries, kids. Seibertron.com is extremely pround to present two new galleries, and the focus in on the 12th installment in the Takara Tomy Masterpiece line: take in the beauty of MP-12 Lambor (Sideswipe) and its incredibly angry, spiky, 90s repaint - MP-12G G-2 Lambor. While both figures use the same mold, MP-12 G1 Sideswipe comes with his signature shoulder cannon, gun and piledrivers, while the G2 version includes an all new headsculpt, guns, sword, shoulder spiked wheels and sticker set - and they transform into the officially licensed Lamborghini Countach model! Click on any of the images below for the full galleries.

Transformers Masterpiece G-2 Lambor

Transformers Masterpiece Lambor

Re: New Gallery: MP-18 Masterpiece Streak (Bluestreak) (1555662)
Posted by Manterax Prime on March 6th, 2014 @ 6:00pm CST
Re: New Gallery: MP-18 Masterpiece Streak (Bluestreak) (1555667)
Posted by Seibertron on March 6th, 2014 @ 6:03pm CST
Manterax Prime wrote:Look, Takara, you do Masterpieces very well, but that face on G2 Lambor cannot stay.

That face is what does it for me. It's priceless!

I bought an extra Tigertrack to solve a problem with my original one and I've got an extra G2 Lambor. I might do a face swap so that everyone can see what he looks like that way (plus use the G1 Autobot logos instead).

I'll post pics when my extra Tigertrack arrives!
Re: New Gallery: MP-18 Masterpiece Streak (Bluestreak) (1555712)
Posted by Vicalliose on March 6th, 2014 @ 8:37pm CST

And yet the odds of this ever being released here are just about zero. If not because of Hasbro not wanting to go through all the paperwork, then because they just don't give a crap about this somewhat obscure reference.

I'm really on the edge of buying this, but I've never payed import costs on an MP before and I'm really hesitant to do it. :-x

"But look at that grimace and the stupidly large warhammer-esque gun!" - My inner G2 kid.
Re: New Gallery: MP-18 Masterpiece Streak (Bluestreak) (1555714)
Posted by Seibertron on March 6th, 2014 @ 8:39pm CST
Vicalliose wrote:What bugs me is that this is a Japanese release. When the reference behind it is an American comic thing they just wouldn't get that much over there.

Where are you located? Here in the states?
Re: New Gallery: MP-18 Masterpiece Streak (Bluestreak) (1555719)
Posted by Noideaforaname on March 6th, 2014 @ 9:18pm CST
I wish modern Transformers had more of those crazy 90s faces. Everyone's just so |:| these days...
Re: New Gallery: MP-18 Masterpiece Streak (Bluestreak) (1555720)
Posted by Autobot032 on March 6th, 2014 @ 9:23pm CST

That's the whole point of this figure. G2 Sideswipe looked that crazy in the comic, and this is as crazily accurate as you can get to that source material. The face is iconic, for this release.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Alternators - Honda Civic Si - DECEPTICON RUMBLE - Time Remaining: 9 days 21 hours 32 minutes 16 seconds
Transformers Universe Voyager Class Leo Prime Action Figure - Time Remaining: 2 days 23 hours 3 minutes 21 seconds
Transformers Alternators - Dodge Viper - SUNSTREAKER - Time Remaining: 2 days 6 hours 5 minutes 15 seconds
Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Drift action figure - Time Remaining: 3 days 3 hours 35 minutes 14 seconds
Transformers Animated Leader Class Bulkhead Action Figure - Time Remaining: 2 days 3 hours 5 minutes 57 seconds
Transformers Alternators - Scion xB - Autobot Skids - Time Remaining: 2 days 6 hours 6 minutes 54 seconds
Movie Preview Transformers Autobot Optimus Prime Decepticon Starscream Figures - Time Remaining: 1 day 22 hours 38 minutes 44 seconds
Transformers Alternators - Subaru Impreza WRX - RICOCHET - Time Remaining: 2 days 6 hours 23 minutes 39 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #148 - And Rom The Space Knight
"And Rom The Space Knight"
Posted: Monday, June 27th, 2016