Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

New Gallery: MP-18 Masterpiece Streak (Bluestreak)

Transformers News: New Gallery: MP-18 Masterpiece Streak (Bluestreak)

Tuesday, November 5th, 2013 2:40AM CST

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: Autobot032   Views: 27,739

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Seibertron.com is proud to present our newest gallery: MP-18 Streak! (AKA Bluestreak)

The second of the three Datsun Fairlady Z releases, with Prowl previously released (come back tomorrow for our MP-17 gallery!) and Smokescreen soon to follow. Most people see the Datsuns and recognize Prowl or Smokescreen first due to the former being a police car and the latter being a very bright red, white and blue race car. Both stand out, while Bluestreak looks like your run of the mill automobile and tends not to, but this isn't a weakness, this makes his the best disguise of all!

While Bluestreak, as a character, isn't exactly memorable, except for his attitude and mouth (both of which got him into trouble), his masterpiece figure certainly will be. Takara Tomy's attention to detail really shines with this guy, because not only does he look like his animation model, he also shows off every fine detail of the real Datsun Fairlady Z, with a painstaking paint deco that's deserving of covetous stares.

If you're still sitting on the fence about these, we hope our galleries will sway you. These beautiful gems will look great in any collection. Want to see more? Check out the pictures below before heading to the full gallery (which can be accessed just by clicking any of the pictures) and then come back and share your thoughts!

Transformers Masterpiece Streak

Transformers News: New Galleries: Masterpiece Transformers

Transformers News: New Galleries: Masterpiece Transformers

Transformers News: New Galleries: Masterpiece Transformers

Transformers News: New Galleries: Masterpiece Transformers

Transformers News: New Galleries: Masterpiece Transformers

Transformers News: New Galleries: Masterpiece Transformers

Transformers News: New Galleries: Masterpiece Transformers

Transformers News: New Galleries: Masterpiece Transformers

Transformers News: New Galleries: Masterpiece Transformers

Transformers News: New Galleries: Masterpiece Transformers

Keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in news and updates, plus the best galleries around!
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Gallery: MP-18 Masterpiece Streak (Bluestreak) (1528027)
Posted by xyl360 on November 5th, 2013 @ 3:22am CST
Gorgeous, beautiful, perfect. In my POL he waits and the temptation to ship is overwhelming. Soon my precious, soon.
Re: New Gallery: MP-18 Masterpiece Streak (Bluestreak) (1528034)
Posted by Ravage XK on November 5th, 2013 @ 4:08am CST
Such a fantastic figure. Car mode is so good you should get two to show off in both modes. I like these new MP figures so much I have bought some display cases to keep them dust free.
Re: New Gallery: MP-18 Masterpiece Streak (Bluestreak) (1528058)
Posted by megatronus on November 5th, 2013 @ 9:53am CST
I have TRU Optimus with Sideswipe, Prowl, and Bluestreak together on my shelf. They look fantastic as a team. Can't wait for the Wheeljack/BB reveals.
Re: New Gallery: MP-18 Masterpiece Streak (Bluestreak) (1528121)
Posted by Autobot032 on November 5th, 2013 @ 4:44pm CST
Seibertron.com is proud to present our newest gallery: MP-17 Prowl!

The first of the three Datsun Fairlady Z releases, the one that started it all. Instantly recognizable, Prowl the strategist makes a splash in Masterpiece form for the first time. Much like his brother Bluestreak, Prowl is a highly detailed replica of the Datsun Fairlady Z, with yet another gorgeous paint scheme.

Prowl, as a character, was kinda boring and by the book, while this Masterpiece figure is anything but. Takara Tomy's attention to detail continues to wow with this guy, because he looks like he stepped right out of your screen, and looks like a work of art. Much like the Lamborghini mold (gallery coming soon!), each Datsun figure has their own individual face, making each figure unique and not just a simple redeco like the figures of the past.

If you're still sitting on the fence about these, we hope our galleries will sway you. These beautiful gems will look great in any collection. Want to see more? Check out the pictures below before heading to the full gallery (which can be accessed just by clicking any of the pictures) and then come back and share your thoughts!

Transformers Masterpiece Prowl

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in news and updates, plus the best galleries around![/quote]
Re: New Gallery: MP-18 Masterpiece Streak (Bluestreak) (1528173)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on November 5th, 2013 @ 9:59pm CST
First off: that thing about him and Bluestreak being brothers...is that a Japanese universe thing? Coz I don't remember that being a thing in U.S. Stuff.

Second: he's smaller than Alternators Prowl? :shock: DAY-yam he looks tiny.
Re: New Gallery: MP-18 Masterpiece Streak (Bluestreak) (1528183)
Posted by RhA on November 5th, 2013 @ 11:42pm CST
He is tiny!
Re: New Gallery: MP-18 Masterpiece Streak (Bluestreak) (1528189)
Posted by Autobot032 on November 6th, 2013 @ 12:30am CST
RhA wrote:He is tiny!


Sideswipe and the Datsun brothers are all in the same scale, so they're all tiny. They're about the size of a large Unicron Trilogy Deluxe Class figure. Which, after digging them out of storage, I was surprised to see just how outlandish they were and how far we've come while minimizing their size.

Impressive, while a bit sad. Impressive as engineering these things has become a work of art, while the price for what you get is worse. That's just the way things go, I suppose. =\
Re: New Gallery: MP-18 Masterpiece Streak (Bluestreak) (1528263)
Posted by xyl360 on November 6th, 2013 @ 12:12pm CST
Autobot032 wrote:
RhA wrote:He is tiny!


Sideswipe and the Datsun brothers are all in the same scale, so they're all tiny. They're about the size of a large Unicron Trilogy Deluxe Class figure. Which, after digging them out of storage, I was surprised to see just how outlandish they were and how far we've come while minimizing their size.

Impressive, while a bit sad. Impressive as engineering these things has become a work of art, while the price for what you get is worse. That's just the way things go, I suppose. =\

And totally worth it for the end result IMO. If I spent money on toys by the pound or based on the amount of plastic and/or metal they contained, I'd be buying bigger things like Super Sentai stuff or the dollar store KOs.

I don't believe a figure needs to be big to be considered a "masterpiece", it just needs to look "perfect", which in my opinion, these definitely do. I said it with MP-10 and I can confidently say it about every MP created since: that's not another <insert name of character> toy, that IS <insert name of character>. So in this case, that IS Prowl IMO. He is the essence of everything I think of when I think of G1 Prowl.
Re: New Gallery: MP-18 Masterpiece Streak (Bluestreak) (1528266)
Posted by megatronus on November 6th, 2013 @ 12:22pm CST
xyl360 wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:
RhA wrote:He is tiny!


Sideswipe and the Datsun brothers are all in the same scale, so they're all tiny. They're about the size of a large Unicron Trilogy Deluxe Class figure. Which, after digging them out of storage, I was surprised to see just how outlandish they were and how far we've come while minimizing their size.

Impressive, while a bit sad. Impressive as engineering these things has become a work of art, while the price for what you get is worse. That's just the way things go, I suppose. =\

And totally worth it for the end result IMO. If I spent money on toys by the pound or based on the amount of plastic and/or metal they contained, I'd be buying bigger things like Super Sentai stuff or the dollar store KOs.

I don't believe a figure needs to be big to be considered a "masterpiece", it just needs to look "perfect", which in my opinion, these definitely do. I said it with MP-10 and I can confidently say it about every MP created since: that's not another <insert name of character> toy, that IS <insert name of character>. So in this case, that IS Prowl IMO. He is the essence of everything I think of when I think of G1 Prowl.

:APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:

Couldn't have said it better myself.
Re: New Gallery: MP-18 Masterpiece Streak (Bluestreak) (1528268)
Posted by RhA on November 6th, 2013 @ 12:42pm CST
megatronus wrote:
xyl360 wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:
RhA wrote:He is tiny!


Sideswipe and the Datsun brothers are all in the same scale, so they're all tiny. They're about the size of a large Unicron Trilogy Deluxe Class figure. Which, after digging them out of storage, I was surprised to see just how outlandish they were and how far we've come while minimizing their size.

Impressive, while a bit sad. Impressive as engineering these things has become a work of art, while the price for what you get is worse. That's just the way things go, I suppose. =\

And totally worth it for the end result IMO. If I spent money on toys by the pound or based on the amount of plastic and/or metal they contained, I'd be buying bigger things like Super Sentai stuff or the dollar store KOs.

I don't believe a figure needs to be big to be considered a "masterpiece", it just needs to look "perfect", which in my opinion, these definitely do. I said it with MP-10 and I can confidently say it about every MP created since: that's not another <insert name of character> toy, that IS <insert name of character>. So in this case, that IS Prowl IMO. He is the essence of everything I think of when I think of G1 Prowl.

:APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I agree. Size does not equal the level of awesomeness. The pricetag is, however, far too big to justify that size.
Re: New Gallery: MP-18 Masterpiece Streak (Bluestreak) (1528290)
Posted by megatronus on November 6th, 2013 @ 2:35pm CST
RhA wrote:
megatronus wrote:
xyl360 wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:
RhA wrote:He is tiny!


Sideswipe and the Datsun brothers are all in the same scale, so they're all tiny. They're about the size of a large Unicron Trilogy Deluxe Class figure. Which, after digging them out of storage, I was surprised to see just how outlandish they were and how far we've come while minimizing their size.

Impressive, while a bit sad. Impressive as engineering these things has become a work of art, while the price for what you get is worse. That's just the way things go, I suppose. =\

And totally worth it for the end result IMO. If I spent money on toys by the pound or based on the amount of plastic and/or metal they contained, I'd be buying bigger things like Super Sentai stuff or the dollar store KOs.

I don't believe a figure needs to be big to be considered a "masterpiece", it just needs to look "perfect", which in my opinion, these definitely do. I said it with MP-10 and I can confidently say it about every MP created since: that's not another <insert name of character> toy, that IS <insert name of character>. So in this case, that IS Prowl IMO. He is the essence of everything I think of when I think of G1 Prowl.

:APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I agree. Size does not equal the level of awesomeness. The pricetag is, however, far too big to justify that size.

Have you tried HLJ? A lot of people have been able to get the MP cars for less than $60 shipped.
Re: New Gallery: MP-18 Masterpiece Streak (Bluestreak) (1528325)
Posted by DanaCornZine on November 6th, 2013 @ 8:13pm CST
I do, however, want them to match up in size to the other MP figures. It seems like they're all whatever size they just happen to make and don't match one another. If they're going to go to all the trouble of making such a great mold and then putting a huge price tag on it, they should make them stand at the right height when compared to one another.
Re: New Gallery: MP-18 Masterpiece Streak (Bluestreak) (1528344)
Posted by megatronus on November 6th, 2013 @ 9:32pm CST
DanaCornZine wrote:I do, however, want them to match up in size to the other MP figures. It seems like they're all whatever size they just happen to make and don't match one another. If they're going to go to all the trouble of making such a great mold and then putting a huge price tag on it, they should make them stand at the right height when compared to one another.

They... do...
Re: New Gallery: MP-18 Masterpiece Streak (Bluestreak) (1555605)
Posted by Va'al on March 6th, 2014 @ 1:38pm CST
These ain't your parents' Transformers galleries, kids. Seibertron.com is extremely pround to present two new galleries, and the focus in on the 12th installment in the Takara Tomy Masterpiece line: take in the beauty of MP-12 Lambor (Sideswipe) and its incredibly angry, spiky, 90s repaint - MP-12G G-2 Lambor. While both figures use the same mold, MP-12 G1 Sideswipe comes with his signature shoulder cannon, gun and piledrivers, while the G2 version includes an all new headsculpt, guns, sword, shoulder spiked wheels and sticker set - and they transform into the officially licensed Lamborghini Countach model! Click on any of the images below for the full galleries.

Transformers Masterpiece G-2 Lambor

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


Transformers Masterpiece Lambor

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Re: New Gallery: MP-18 Masterpiece Streak (Bluestreak) (1555662)
Posted by Manterax Prime on March 6th, 2014 @ 6:00pm CST
Look, Takara, you do Masterpieces very well, but that face on G2 Lambor cannot stay.
Re: New Gallery: MP-18 Masterpiece Streak (Bluestreak) (1555667)
Posted by Seibertron on March 6th, 2014 @ 6:03pm CST
Manterax Prime wrote:Look, Takara, you do Masterpieces very well, but that face on G2 Lambor cannot stay.


That face is what does it for me. It's priceless!

I bought an extra Tigertrack to solve a problem with my original one and I've got an extra G2 Lambor. I might do a face swap so that everyone can see what he looks like that way (plus use the G1 Autobot logos instead).

I'll post pics when my extra Tigertrack arrives!
Re: New Gallery: MP-18 Masterpiece Streak (Bluestreak) (1555712)
Posted by Vicalliose on March 6th, 2014 @ 8:37pm CST
What bugs me is that this is a Japanese release. When the reference behind it is an American comic thing they just wouldn't get that much over there.

And yet the odds of this ever being released here are just about zero. If not because of Hasbro not wanting to go through all the paperwork, then because they just don't give a crap about this somewhat obscure reference.

I'm really on the edge of buying this, but I've never payed import costs on an MP before and I'm really hesitant to do it. :-x

"But look at that grimace and the stupidly large warhammer-esque gun!" - My inner G2 kid.
Re: New Gallery: MP-18 Masterpiece Streak (Bluestreak) (1555714)
Posted by Seibertron on March 6th, 2014 @ 8:39pm CST
Vicalliose wrote:What bugs me is that this is a Japanese release. When the reference behind it is an American comic thing they just wouldn't get that much over there.

And yet the odds of this ever being released here are just about zero. If not because of Hasbro not wanting to go through all the paperwork, then because they just don't give a crap about this somewhat obscure reference.

I'm really on the edge of buying this, but I've never payed import costs on an MP before and I'm really hesitant to do it. :-x


Where are you located? Here in the states?
Re: New Gallery: MP-18 Masterpiece Streak (Bluestreak) (1555719)
Posted by Noideaforaname on March 6th, 2014 @ 9:18pm CST
I wish modern Transformers had more of those crazy 90s faces. Everyone's just so |:| these days...
Re: New Gallery: MP-18 Masterpiece Streak (Bluestreak) (1555720)
Posted by Autobot032 on March 6th, 2014 @ 9:23pm CST
Manterax Prime wrote:Look, Takara, you do Masterpieces very well, but that face on G2 Lambor cannot stay.


That's the whole point of this figure. G2 Sideswipe looked that crazy in the comic, and this is as crazily accurate as you can get to that source material. The face is iconic, for this release.
Re: New Gallery: MP-18 Masterpiece Streak (Bluestreak) (1555723)
Posted by Vicalliose on March 6th, 2014 @ 9:41pm CST
Seibertron wrote:Where are you located? Here in the states?

Well yeah. I say "import costs" but you know what I mean. On every MP I've waited for a US release because it ends up saving me more or less around 50% of what Asian releases cost. Which is why I'm even considering it, because I'm pretty confident a US release isn't going to happen (at least of the G2 version here). The only small chance is if they already have to work a deal out to get BB released they might release the Lamborghini mold here in the states.

I'm just having an inner conflict over whether or not it's "worth it". #-o
Re: New Gallery: MP-18 Masterpiece Streak (Bluestreak) (1555724)
Posted by JackStraw on March 6th, 2014 @ 9:42pm CST
Nice photos as always! As I was going through them I was thinking "he should throw YOTH Optimus in here".....I'm loving him in hand. Is it me, or could 12G be blacker, like he seems to appear in the box art?
Re: New Gallery: MP-18 Masterpiece Streak (Bluestreak) (1555839)
Posted by Va'al on March 7th, 2014 @ 10:32am CST
Continuing in the intent to visually document as many Transformers figures as professionally and beautifully as possible, Seibertron.com is proud to offer another Masterpiece gallery! Click on any of the images below for the full works, showing Takara Tomy MP-19 Smokescreen in its gorgeously blue, red and white officially licensed Nissan Datsun/Fairlady Z altmode, and shoulder cannons, gun and yellow head crest in robot mode.


Transformers Masterpiece Smokescreen

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Re: New Gallery: MP-18 Masterpiece Streak (Bluestreak) (1556158)
Posted by MrDeflok on March 9th, 2014 @ 4:43am CDT
Manterax Prime wrote:Look, Takara, you do Masterpieces very well, but that face on G2 Lambor cannot stay.

I felt the same. So I did this:

Image

More pics:
toy-style-mp-g2-sideswipe-angry-tigertrack-p1556147.php#p1556147
Re: New Gallery: MP-18 Masterpiece Streak (Bluestreak) (1556863)
Posted by Seibertron on March 11th, 2014 @ 4:43pm CDT
MrDeflok wrote:
Manterax Prime wrote:Look, Takara, you do Masterpieces very well, but that face on G2 Lambor cannot stay.

I felt the same. So I did this:

Image

More pics:
toy-style-mp-g2-sideswipe-angry-tigertrack-p1556147.php#p1556147


I'll one up you ... how about the more appropriate Paranoid/Crazy Red Alert?

Image
Re: New Gallery: MP-18 Masterpiece Streak (Bluestreak) (1557637)
Posted by Va'al on March 14th, 2014 @ 6:08pm CDT
Heading for a quiet weekend of relax, or just have some time to kill? Check out Seibertron.com's latest Masterpiece figure gallery: Takara Tomy MP-14 Red Alert! Sharing the same mold as MP-12 Lambor (Sideswipe), MP-12G G-2 Lambor and MP-12T Tigertrack, Red Alert sports the appropriate white and red deco, shoulder cannon, gun, a slightly new head mold and includes blue plastic spark attachments for the head's antennas, to recreate scenes from the G1 episode Auto Berserk - as well as transforming into the officially licensed Lamborghini Countach model. As usual, click on any of the images below for the full gallery!

Transformers Masterpiece Red Alert

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Re: New Gallery: MP-18 Masterpiece Streak (Bluestreak) (1557694)
Posted by welcometothedarksyde on March 15th, 2014 @ 12:54am CDT
Great idea to swap heads. BTW, on the front page banner it randomly changes from the normal shot of MP Red Alert, to a red shot of him going berzerk. Is this on purpose or has Seibertron.com finally become sentient?
Re: New Gallery: MP-18 Masterpiece Streak (Bluestreak) (1557696)
Posted by Twitchythe3rd on March 15th, 2014 @ 1:56am CDT
welcometothedarksyde wrote:Is this on purpose or has Seibertron.com finally become sentient?


...Yes.
Re: New Gallery: MP-18 Masterpiece Streak (Bluestreak) (1557724)
Posted by welcometothedarksyde on March 15th, 2014 @ 9:13am CDT
Twitchythe3rd wrote:
welcometothedarksyde wrote:Is this on purpose or has Seibertron.com finally become sentient?


...Yes.


Then I for one welcome our new fansite overlords
Re: New Gallery: MP-18 Masterpiece Streak (Bluestreak) (1560188)
Posted by Va'al on March 25th, 2014 @ 4:50pm CDT
We recently uploaded a whole bunch of Soundwave galleries from Transformers: Animated and Generations, but are you ready for the main dish? Take a look below at the official Seibertron.com galleries for the Hasbro release of the Transformers Masterpiece MP-02 Soundwave, featuring a yellow visor (as opposed to the Takara red version), a boombox alternate mode and including a Megatron gun and energon chest cube accessory, and all the cassette minions friends: Laserbeak, Rumble, Ravage, Frenzy and Buzzsaw. As usual, click on any of the images for the full gallery.


Transformers Masterpiece Soundwave

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


Transformers Masterpiece Rumble

Image


Transformers Masterpiece Frenzy

Image


Transformers Masterpiece Laserbeak

Image


Transformers Masterpiece Buzzsaw

Image


Transformers Masterpiece Ravage

Image
Re: New Gallery: MP-18 Masterpiece Streak (Bluestreak) (1560191)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on March 25th, 2014 @ 5:15pm CDT
this soundwave is one of my favorite transformers i own. so glad i have him.
Re: New Gallery: MP-18 Masterpiece Streak (Bluestreak) (1560193)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on March 25th, 2014 @ 5:32pm CDT
The Hasbro version of Masterpiece Soundwave looks to kind and cuddly. /:) However, the Takara Soundwave looks evil and menacing. :-x :DEVIL:
Re: New Gallery: MP-18 Masterpiece Streak (Bluestreak) (1560214)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on March 25th, 2014 @ 7:33pm CDT
Opening this Soundwave last summer was right up there with seeing TF:TM in 1986, that week Toonami debuted the last 5 eps of Beast wars S2, finally getting to read Target: 2006 when Titan released the trade, getting Armada Unicron, and swapping in that clip from Rescue Force Killbison to complete my LioKaiser; it actually put me in a state of Trans-euphoria. I couldn't think rationally for a week afterward.

That probably screwed up my grad school work, now that I think about it.

Still worth it though.
Re: New Gallery: MP-18 Masterpiece Streak (Bluestreak) (1560231)
Posted by toyskingstudio on March 25th, 2014 @ 9:26pm CDT
8) red visor makes soundblaster look much cooler, gona get the Takara version
Re: New Gallery: MP-18 Masterpiece Streak (Bluestreak) (1560268)
Posted by megatronus on March 26th, 2014 @ 12:09am CDT
Great galleries as always, Ryan!
Re: New Gallery: MP-18 Masterpiece Streak (Bluestreak) (1560270)
Posted by Autobot032 on March 26th, 2014 @ 12:34am CDT
The Soundwave train just keeps on chuggin'! If there's a mold, there's bound to be a redeco, and sure enough... MP13B Soundblaster is born! Partnered with an exclusive Ratbat cassette available nowhere else, this stunning redeco takes the already amazing Soundwave mold and makes it even better by giving you a tall, dark and gruesome badass for your shelf.

He's shipping from retailers now and is in stock in the States at both BBTS and TFSource. Check out the gallery and then go buy him!

Click on any of the pictures below to be taken to the full galleries.

Transformers Masterpiece Ratbat

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


Transformers Masterpiece Soundblaster

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in news and updates, plus the best galleries around!
Re: New Gallery: MP-18 Masterpiece Streak (Bluestreak) (1560288)
Posted by joevill on March 26th, 2014 @ 8:13am CDT
Amazing! I still cannot justify the purchase though!
Re: New Gallery: MP-18 Masterpiece Streak (Bluestreak) (1560344)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on March 26th, 2014 @ 11:14am CDT
this is one of the worst figures i own, the mold is fine but the plastic quality is god awful. I thought Beast Hunters was bad but they feel top notch compared to soundwave and the minions. Also my ravage didnt come with a tail so that didnt help either, for the money i spent on this figure im very disappointed. Not worth it at all if you ask me, to expensive & to cheaply made.
Re: New Gallery: MP-18 Masterpiece Streak (Bluestreak) (1560373)
Posted by shajaki on March 26th, 2014 @ 12:53pm CDT
Megatron Wolf wrote:this is one of the worst figures i own, the mold is fine but the plastic quality is god awful. I thought Beast Hunters was bad but they feel top notch compared to soundwave and the minions. Also my ravage didnt come with a tail so that didnt help either, for the money i spent on this figure im very disappointed. Not worth it at all if you ask me, to expensive & to cheaply made.

plastic quality of them all (sw & tapes) or just the tapes?

sorry to hear that. mine are all takaras, and the quality is great. though i took extra care as i heard ravage was fragile.
Re: New Gallery: MP-18 Masterpiece Streak (Bluestreak) (1560386)
Posted by Noideaforaname on March 26th, 2014 @ 1:30pm CDT
Image
Re: New Gallery: MP-18 Masterpiece Streak (Bluestreak) (1560421)
Posted by Rated X on March 26th, 2014 @ 4:49pm CDT
I want that Ratbat but I dont want the Soundblaster so to the KO gods I pray...
Re: New Gallery: MP-18 Masterpiece Streak (Bluestreak) (1560430)
Posted by Stormrider on March 26th, 2014 @ 5:13pm CDT
I really like this shade of purple for Ratbat. The head mold is awesome.

shajaki wrote:
Megatron Wolf wrote:this is one of the worst figures i own, the mold is fine but the plastic quality is god awful. I thought Beast Hunters was bad but they feel top notch compared to soundwave and the minions. Also my ravage didnt come with a tail so that didnt help either, for the money i spent on this figure im very disappointed. Not worth it at all if you ask me, to expensive & to cheaply made.

plastic quality of them all (sw & tapes) or just the tapes?

sorry to hear that. mine are all takaras, and the quality is great. though i took extra care as i heard ravage was fragile.


I had problems with Laserbeak's wing hinge being too tight and breaking (BBTS replaced it), but that was the only problem I experienced. Megatron Wolf, are your cassettes Hasbro or Takara?

Ryan, how is your Ratbat figure?
Re: New Gallery: MP-18 Masterpiece Streak (Bluestreak) (1560441)
Posted by shajaki on March 26th, 2014 @ 5:30pm CDT
thank you for this (and well, the whole gallery for that matter)!

Image

this is the picture that sold me on SB here. other pictures of the red window (lower res and not close up) made it seem almost sunken in. which paled in comparison to the purple window, and that really bugged me since i want to display him with the red to distinguish him from SW as much as i can. im not in love with the black trim around the red window (id prefer gold) but it still looks nice.

only thing i wonder now is how that red window looks like a reprolabel decepticon insignia stamped on there...
Re: New Gallery: MP-18 Masterpiece Streak (Bluestreak) (1560459)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on March 26th, 2014 @ 5:50pm CDT
Image
Oh, he comes with Safety/Lava-Fall Megatron? I did not know that. Interesting.

I've been leaning towards buying Soundblaster before Takara Soundwave all along, but it'll still be a while before I save up.

And for once, my desire for a KO of this Ratbat isn't about the price as much as that while I want all my cassettes to be the same size (that's kind of the point) and therefore see those enlarged KO cassettes as a total waste, this Dery-accurate Ratbat is the one and only potential exception, since Marvel Ratbat was usually 2-4 times larger than the other cassettes in robot/animal mode. His TF Universe entry also mentions him being able to achieve two different sizes in bat mode; was he the only non-Insecticon to have that ability explicitly stated back in the day? (Overkill doesn't count, as his TFU entry says it happens to him by accident)
Re: New Gallery: MP-18 Masterpiece Streak (Bluestreak) (1560519)
Posted by MGrotusque on March 26th, 2014 @ 8:50pm CDT
As much as i want an MP RatBat i honestly think the G1 doesn't look half bad in the comparison shot. To the point that i'm actually content with my G1 and am not stressing about getting my hands on the MP version at all.
Re: New Gallery: MP-18 Masterpiece Streak (Bluestreak) (1561713)
Posted by Autobot032 on April 1st, 2014 @ 1:24am CDT
In the middle of last week, we posted our galleries of MP-13B Soundblaster and his companion Ratbat, here and a day before that, the Hasbro set which included all the cassettes from MP-15 and 16, which you can see here, and now we round that out with the origin of it all...

Seibertron.com is proud to present our newest galleries: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-13 Takara Tomy Masterpiece Soundwave and Condor, plus MP-15 Jaguar (Ravage) and Rumble, and MP-16 Frenzy and Buzzsaw!

Transformers Masterpiece Soundwave

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


Transformers Masterpiece Condor

Image


Transformers Masterpiece Buzzsaw

Image


Transformers Masterpiece Frenzy

Image


Transformers Masterpiece Rumble

Image


Transformers Masterpiece Jaguar

Image

Keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in news and updates, plus the best galleries around!
Re: New Gallery: MP-18 Masterpiece Streak (Bluestreak) (1561800)
Posted by megatronus on April 1st, 2014 @ 10:24am CDT
I always forget how utterly massive MP-05 is...
Re: New Gallery: MP-18 Masterpiece Streak (Bluestreak) (1561817)
Posted by mooncake623 on April 1st, 2014 @ 11:27am CDT
megatronus wrote:I always forget how utterly massive MP-05 is...


And massively awesome!! :grin:
Re: New Gallery: MP-18 Masterpiece Streak (Bluestreak) (1561830)
Posted by megatronus on April 1st, 2014 @ 12:20pm CDT
mooncake623 wrote:
megatronus wrote:I always forget how utterly massive MP-05 is...


And massively awesome!! :grin:

Indeed!

I sold mine off (along with my MP-01L) a year or two ago, though, because of MP-10.

I hope they make another MP Megatron down the line. Doesn't have to be this year, next year, or the year after that. But I do hope they make one, even if it means sacrificing the gun mode for a nice bot mode.
Re: New Gallery: MP-18 Masterpiece Streak (Bluestreak) (1561968)
Posted by Rated X on April 2nd, 2014 @ 12:37am CDT
I still say they sacrificed cartoon accuracy for playability by enlarging Soundwave but not the cassettes. I mean who really wants to put MP cassettes inside a vintage G1 soundwave ?

But on the other hand, it worked just great for my classics shelf. Am I the only one here who bought MP Soundewave and Soundblaster just for the cassettes ? Or do others besides me see the MP cassettes as perfect "classics" scale ? United Rumble/Frenzy are actually bigger than their MP versions and classics Ravage is the same size.

Click here to view an additional 90 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #104 - Wrath of Con
Twincast / Podcast #104:
"Wrath of Con"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, November 2nd, 2014