New Gallery: Platinum Edition Year of the Horse Supreme Starscream

Transformers News: New Gallery: Platinum Edition Year of the Horse Supreme Starscream

Friday, March 7th, 2014 9:32PM CST

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: Autobot032   Views: 27,636

Seibertron's camera has been hard at work to provide us with another stunning, in depth, gallery. The subject this time? Platinum Edition Year Of The Horse Supreme Class Starscream! This is a special redeco of the 2006 Cybertron Supreme Class mold, in a nice G1 color scheme. Much like YOTH Optimus, this shared exclusive can be obtained through BBTS or TRU, and it's available now.

You can see the full gallery by clicking on any of the pictures below:

Platinum Edition Year of the Horse Starscream

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Gallery: Platinum Edition Year of the Horse Supreme Starscream (1555974)
Posted by hinomars19 on March 7th, 2014 @ 9:48pm CST
The first line of his bio made me think it was breaking into a rap :D

I still don't get the blue thighs...
Re: New Gallery: Platinum Edition Year of the Horse Supreme Starscream (1555981)
Posted by Noideaforaname on March 7th, 2014 @ 10:22pm CST
That last line in the bio sure is ominous. Is it a reference to some series? Or will we have to wait and see (but probably get nothing)?

Is there any logic into who's in that last pic? It seems so random.
Re: New Gallery: Platinum Edition Year of the Horse Supreme Starscream (1555985)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on March 7th, 2014 @ 10:27pm CST
Oh, my War Within Sense is tingling!
Re: New Gallery: Platinum Edition Year of the Horse Supreme Starscream (1555986)
Posted by Spleenzorio on March 7th, 2014 @ 10:32pm CST
I got this guy from my girlfriend for Valentines day :D
Re: New Gallery: Platinum Edition Year of the Horse Supreme Starscream (1555997)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on March 7th, 2014 @ 11:18pm CST
Haters gonna hate, but I want that thing even MORE! Sure, this is just a repaint, but man, the different paterns make it look like a totally different figure. Now, if only it would come out locally...

Spleenzorio wrote:I got this guy from my girlfriend for Valentines day :D

Marry her! She's the one.
Re: New Gallery: Platinum Edition Year of the Horse Supreme Starscream (1556008)
Posted by rockman_fan on March 8th, 2014 @ 2:24am CST
Re: New Gallery: Platinum Edition Year of the Horse Supreme Starscream (1556016)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on March 8th, 2014 @ 4:10am CST
rockman_fan wrote:i really hate this mold. the articulation sucks from the voyager sized one, and is only made worse with the upscaling. i can forgive no wrists, waste, or ankles, but no biceps are a deal breaker.

Having Starscream with no waste is perfect for me. Everything is used, no messy and dirty leftovers. I've yet to have a Transformers make any waste... In that case, I'd build a custom litterbox just for it. :-?
Re: New Gallery: Platinum Edition Year of the Horse Supreme Starscream (1556040)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on March 8th, 2014 @ 9:04am CST
I pulled out my WFC Legends Starscream and the deco match a good deal:

Mini-Me anyone? :lol:

At any rate, he'd be too big for me to consider, but the G1-style deco... :twisted:
Re: New Gallery: Platinum Edition Year of the Horse Supreme Starscream (1556049)
Posted by Seibertron on March 8th, 2014 @ 10:19am CST
I think they missed a really cool opportunity to pitch this as Underbase Starscream. I'd love to see them do something with this mold and packaging to homage this. Might be a cool Comic-Con exclusive at some point.

Re: New Gallery: Platinum Edition Year of the Horse Supreme Starscream (1556078)
Posted by Amelie on March 8th, 2014 @ 1:34pm CST

[color=deeppink]Odd selection of toys to put in one image. Are these all recent acquisitions or is it for the purposes of scale.

Either way, I do like this toy, but its got no "place" in my collection and I'm loathe to go back to the days of cherry picking stuff out of nowhere until I just have a big load of "stuff" that looks weird on display together.

Interestingly, this is probably the scale they sculpted\scratch built the original voyager at (three-up scale) before getting ready for manufacture... I wonder which 'genius' decided it was a good idea to try and sell it as it?

:edit: Grammar fairy crept in and killed the syntax. All fixed now.[/color]
Re: New Gallery: Platinum Edition Year of the Horse Supreme Starscream (1556079)
Posted by Seibertron on March 8th, 2014 @ 1:38pm CST
Amelie wrote:

Supreme Starscream is a massive figure. It's bigger than Overlord which is a very large figure to begin with. I just wanted to show a sense of scale by grabbing a random assortment of figures that I had readily available from galleries I'm working on currently (G1 Autobot Powermasters and Doubledealer plus Beast Hunters and Go! figures), recent acquisitions (Takara Tomy Rhinox), and recent collections I've purchased to resell (Brawn and Beast Wars Beetle).
Re: New Gallery: Platinum Edition Year of the Horse Supreme Starscream (1556121)
Posted by Autobot032 on March 8th, 2014 @ 9:04pm CST
A new day, a new gallery! Yesterday's gallery of Platinum Edition Starscream was just the beginning, now we have Year Of The Horse Optimus ready to grace your screens! Based on the MP-10 mold, this redeco features the usual Optimus Prime colors in a much darker, tone, with gold chrome and black thrown in the mix. Makes for an eye catching and striking difference from the previous uses of the mold, especially that translucent trailer!

Unfortunately, the other major change to this version is a lack of Roller. But, it seems to be a small price to pay to make MP-10 Optimus available to everyone again, seeing as he was somewhat difficult to obtain in several US markets. Don't let this chance slip through your fingers! Take a look at our gallery, let it entice you (you know it will!) and then go and nab this guy for your collection!

Much like YOTH Starscream, this shared exclusive can be obtained through BBTS or TRU, and it's available now.

Here's a sampling to get you started, and clicking on any of the pictures below will take you to the full gallery:

Platinum Edition Year of the Horse Optimus Prime

Re: New Gallery: Platinum Edition Year of the Horse Supreme Starscream (1556134)
Posted by shajaki on March 8th, 2014 @ 9:52pm CST
nice galleries as always :)

stay puft starscream... i have once already. while hes got some fetching new colors i dont have the room. also his price point kills me. maybe if he warms my TRU's shelves long enough theyll put him on sale. i might consider it...

prime and his blingy chrome get a lot of hate, but i love him! i liked him in the first pics i saw, and fell in love with him when i got him in hand. that dark red is really nice. bits of black break it up nicely and isnt over done. not sure why i like the translucent red on the crotch piece so much. and most noticeable quality? those bright blue eyes! theyre so dreamy...
Re: New Gallery: Platinum Edition Year of the Horse Supreme Starscream (1556138)
Posted by Autobot032 on March 8th, 2014 @ 10:41pm CST
shajaki wrote:nice galleries as always :)

Stay Puft Starscream! HAH! Love it.
Re: New Gallery: Platinum Edition Year of the Horse Supreme Starscream (1556143)
Posted by zodconvoy on March 8th, 2014 @ 11:12pm CST
The only reason I'd get Pimptimus Prime is to use it as a G2 MP Prime.

Darker colors + garish gold = :G2BOT:
Re: New Gallery: Platinum Edition Year of the Horse Supreme Starscream (1556144)
Posted by omega666 on March 8th, 2014 @ 11:25pm CST
I only got it so that I can swap parts with my MP-10.

Re: New Gallery: Platinum Edition Year of the Horse Supreme Starscream (1556153)
Posted by Manterax Prime on March 9th, 2014 @ 1:46am CST
Prime looks better in these colors.
Re: New Gallery: Platinum Edition Year of the Horse Supreme Starscream (1556165)
Posted by Mykltron on March 9th, 2014 @ 5:39am CDT
Why would they call it 'platinum edition' and paint him gold?

Re: New Gallery: Platinum Edition Year of the Horse Supreme Starscream (1556169)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on March 9th, 2014 @ 6:30am CDT
omega666 wrote:I only got it so that I can swap parts with my MP-10.

Hey, that's kinda brilliant. You "takaratised" the Hasbro version that way. Sure, straightly buying the Takara version would have been less expensive and less trouble. But now, you do have a spare MP-10. Do, you plan to keep the spare or sell it to someone who missed out on the mold?
Re: New Gallery: Platinum Edition Year of the Horse Supreme Starscream (1556175)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on March 9th, 2014 @ 8:08am CDT
Mykltron wrote:Also, can anyone explain why the autobot logo is melted on one side of the trailer doors?

The Autobot symbol is a special one as it incorporates (part of) the kanji for "Snake", 蛇 (hebi). Same goes for Prime's right shoulder.