Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update

Transformers News: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update

Friday, August 8th, 2014 5:47PM CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: Mindmaster   Views: 26,438

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

We said it will come,
now it is time to unveil
a new gallery!


Seibertron presents
the latest
Generations
Voyager Sky-Byte!

Roadbuster's wavemate,
Sky-Byte features a launcher
to destroy his foes.


When he wins the fight,
he transforms into shark mode
and performs poetry.


To view more of him,
click the images or link
below; he's really cool!


Generations Sky-Byte

Transformers News: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update

Transformers News: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update

Transformers News: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update

Transformers News: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update

Transformers News: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update

Transformers News: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update

Transformers News: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update

Transformers News: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update

Also, the gallery of
the Club's Scourge is updated
click here to view it!


Transformers News: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update

Transformers News: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update

Keep your optics here
for the latest Transformers
news and galleries!
Credit(s): Seibertron.com
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update (1597832)
Posted by RiddlerJ on August 8th, 2014 @ 6:53pm CDT
You know, I'm not sure I like the curved body the new Sky-Byte has. I wish he was more straight like the original.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update (1597839)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on August 8th, 2014 @ 8:15pm CDT
Wait, if the BotCon Sky-Byte gallery has been updated, why not the older galleries. For example, the Armada Scavenger gallery doesn't have enough pictures of him and Rollbar. Also to mention that there weren't any comparison pictures. Are the older galleries going to have an update? It'll be awesome if so.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update (1597845)
Posted by xyl360 on August 8th, 2014 @ 8:47pm CDT
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:Wait, if the BotCon Sky-Byte gallery has been updated, why not the older galleries. For example, the Armada Scavenger gallery doesn't have enough pictures of him and Rollbar. Also to mention that there weren't any comparison pictures. Are the older galleries going to have an update? It'll be awesome if so.

Yep, I've been thinking the same, especially for a lot of the older galleries where there exist no comparison to their mold-mates/repaints and their variants (like Hasbro vs Takara etc.). If done right, it could be a better resource than tfu.info for getting all of the info on a particular mold and character, which would be awesome, especially since Ryan's galleries absolutely destroy the images on tfu.info and actually give you a real idea of what the figure's going to look like in hand instead of the inkling you get looking at the individual bot and alt mode pics on tfu.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update (1597847)
Posted by durroth on August 8th, 2014 @ 9:19pm CDT
The only thing that bothers me about skybyte is those calves... or the lack thereof.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update (1597875)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 8th, 2014 @ 11:32pm CDT
It's kinda sad how the only Sky-Byte toy whose altmode isn't bent in some awkward position that inhibits it from pointing in a straightforward direction or resembling the character at rest is the BotCon toy, and that one isn't even a shark nor a mold that was meant to be Sky-Byte. :P

Ryan, I love that you included the TCC Side Burn and Scourge toys in there to go with the theme of updated RiD character toys. That's a real nice touch. ;)^

Though, there is one more "updated RiD character toy" not included in these group shots, and I can imagine why since it's a toy of a RiD character who wasn't in the RiD cartoon due to his being a Hasbro-made toy-only character, but I bring this up only because I think it would still have been nice for it to have been included and would have enhanced the theme (but I make no demands for this): Universe Bruticus.
Image
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update (1597882)
Posted by Noideaforaname on August 9th, 2014 @ 12:23am CDT
One of those updates where you're better off going with the original...
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update (1597884)
Posted by Seibertron on August 9th, 2014 @ 12:27am CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:One of those updates where you're better off going with the original...


I agree. I didn't need or want a new Sky-Byte. After owning the new version, I don't feel that we've gained anything from having a new figure. The robot mode head is an improvement and helps separate him from Cybershark. While the shark mode is more cartoon accurate than the original, it's not something I wanted at all. A great white shark should have a big frikkin' mouth. The original toy pulled this off very well. The horrible lower legs, the lack of a wrist swivel, the lack of a gun or hand held accessory and several other issues really turned me off about the new toy. This might be the first Generations toy I've been really disappointed with since FOC Bruticus.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update (1597952)
Posted by Anonymous. on August 9th, 2014 @ 9:44am CDT
Well done Mindmaster :P

Skybyte... I'd probably just get him for the comics shelf, and nothing else.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update (1598009)
Posted by Seibertron on August 9th, 2014 @ 1:05pm CDT
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:Wait, if the BotCon Sky-Byte gallery has been updated, why not the older galleries. For example, the Armada Scavenger gallery doesn't have enough pictures of him and Rollbar. Also to mention that there weren't any comparison pictures. Are the older galleries going to have an update? It'll be awesome if so.


Armada Scavenger's gallery is one of my original galleries from 2002, 2 years before I started doing the galleries in their current form. His gallery is due to get a makeover at some point. He's not a real popular character and, to be honest, his toy is one of the worst toys from the past 15 years. I still have the Energon version of the Scavenger mold sealed in his package and will redo Armada Scavenger's gallery when I decide to do Energon Scavenger's gallery. Unless a new "Generations" styled Armada Scavenger toy comes out, I probably won't get to Armada Scavenger and his Energon repaint for a few years yet ... not until after I've completed galleries for more prominent characters who are absent from the galleries like the Decepticon Headmasters, the Targetmasters, Defensor, Liokaiser, Metroplex, Trypticon, the Deluxe Insecticons, the Headmaster "Juniors", Six Shot, Quickswitch, Great Shot, Six Knight, etc.

xyl360 wrote:Yep, I've been thinking the same, especially for a lot of the older galleries where there exist no comparison to their mold-mates/repaints and their variants (like Hasbro vs Takara etc.). If done right, it could be a better resource than tfu.info for getting all of the info on a particular mold and character, which would be awesome, especially since Ryan's galleries absolutely destroy the images on tfu.info and actually give you a real idea of what the figure's going to look like in hand instead of the inkling you get looking at the individual bot and alt mode pics on tfu.


If comparison shots are in a later figure's gallery, then that's where the comparison shots will stay. If you could provide an example of someone who is missing their comparison shots, I can update it at a later date or show you where the comparison shots currently are in our galleries.

The only reason Club Scourge's gallery got updated was because someone had asked for those shots over a year ago when his gallery launched and I should have included those comparison shots with Side Burn and Sky-Byte at that time but had totally blanked on that. Hearing rumors that a Generations Sky-Byte was coming down the pipes, I decided it was best to wait to do comparison shots when I did the new Sky-Byte's gallery.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update (1598010)
Posted by Seibertron on August 9th, 2014 @ 1:06pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:It's kinda sad how the only Sky-Byte toy whose altmode isn't bent in some awkward position that inhibits it from pointing in a straightforward direction or resembling the character at rest is the BotCon toy, and that one isn't even a shark nor a mold that was meant to be Sky-Byte. :P

Ryan, I love that you included the TCC Side Burn and Scourge toys in there to go with the theme of updated RiD character toys. That's a real nice touch. ;)^

Though, there is one more "updated RiD character toy" not included in these group shots, and I can imagine why since it's a toy of a RiD character who wasn't in the RiD cartoon due to his being a Hasbro-made toy-only character, but I bring this up only because I think it would still have been nice for it to have been included and would have enhanced the theme (but I make no demands for this): Universe Bruticus.
Image


I think we can live without comparison shots with Bruticus. Maybe for the next RID update I'll bust him out to include with the others.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update (1598031)
Posted by xyl360 on August 9th, 2014 @ 2:32pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
xyl360 wrote:Yep, I've been thinking the same, especially for a lot of the older galleries where there exist no comparison to their mold-mates/repaints and their variants (like Hasbro vs Takara etc.). If done right, it could be a better resource than tfu.info for getting all of the info on a particular mold and character, which would be awesome, especially since Ryan's galleries absolutely destroy the images on tfu.info and actually give you a real idea of what the figure's going to look like in hand instead of the inkling you get looking at the individual bot and alt mode pics on tfu.


If comparison shots are in a later figure's gallery, then that's where the comparison shots will stay. If you could provide an example of someone who is missing their comparison shots, I can update it at a later date or show you where the comparison shots currently are in our galleries.

Any version of Waspinator compared to the Buzzsaw repaint. I think maybe one of the Waspinator galleries (Generations?) shows Buzzsaw. More than that though, the Other Galleries You Might Be Interested In ... section at the bottom of each gallery often has some glaring omissions. If each character's gallery for each version of it had an image/link to each other version of that same character as well as any other repaints/retools of that same mold, it would serve all of the same functions for reference that sites like TFU provide, but again, with much better/more comprehensive images thanks to the galleries on this site.

I realize that may not necessarily be the purpose of the galleries and all, but it sure would be handy, especially for the obsessive types like me who tend to buy every version/variant of a mold they like and/or character they like no matter what it is. Just cross-linking them all like that would be sufficient, the comparison shots are just gravy and it's understandable due to timing and release dates that each gallery for each figure can't contain comparison shots with all other versions/variants etc. (because one or more may not have existed when the gallery was created, for example).

As another example, if you take the gallery for Botcon Ginrai, it contains comparison shots with (I think?) just about every variant of that mold no matter who the character is that it represents (which is ideal, for me at least), but then below it the only recommended galleries are those of other Botcon 2014 figures and none of the other figures that shared that Classics Prime mold. Having links down there to all their galleries would be handy to take a look at the other variants more closely and even other figures/versions of Ginrai (like the Japanese Godmaster himself; although you did include comparisons to the original Fireguts Ginrai that inspired the Botcon figure, which is great).
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update (1598059)
Posted by Mindmaster on August 9th, 2014 @ 4:15pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:Unless a new "Generations" styled Armada Scavenger toy comes out...


Please, Has/Tak... make this come true! I'll pay all the monies for an updated Armada Scavenger!
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update (1598114)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 9th, 2014 @ 11:53pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
Seibertron wrote:Unless a new "Generations" styled Armada Scavenger toy comes out...


Please, Has/Tak... make this come true! I'll pay all the monies for an updated Armada Scavenger!
Ir's funny that Ryan would mention that because we really were so close to having a Generations Armada Scavenger toy earlier this year.

According to Joe Kyde, Generations Scoop was originally either going to be Scoop or Armada Scavenger, and Kyde chose Scoop since A) his orange colors would provide a better contrast with the rest of his case assortment (Armada Starscream, Skywarp, and the Mini-Cons), B) Kyde felt that the Targetmasters deserved some attention, and C) a Deluxe mold would do Scoop more justice than the much larger Scavenger.

And, well, there already was an Armada homage figure in that case assortment thanks to Starscream.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update (1598116)
Posted by Seibertron on August 9th, 2014 @ 11:57pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
Seibertron wrote:Unless a new "Generations" styled Armada Scavenger toy comes out...


Please, Has/Tak... make this come true! I'll pay all the monies for an updated Armada Scavenger!
Ir's funny that Ryan would mention that because we really were so close to having a Generations Armada Scavenger toy earlier this year.

According to Joe Kyde, Generations Scoop was originally either going to be Scoop or Armada Scavenger, and Kyde chose Scoop since A) his orange colors would provide a better contrast with the rest of his case assortment (Armada Starscream, Skywarp, and the Mini-Cons), B) Kyde felt that the Targetmasters deserved some attention, and C) a Deluxe mold would do Scoop more justice than the much larger Scavenger.

And, well, there already was an Armada homage figure in that case assortment thanks to Starscream.


I'd like to see a proper Voyager Class Armada Scavenger done right. With actual legs would be awesome, but he needs the "bulk" of a larger figure that a deluxe can't do justice for.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update (1598203)
Posted by MGrotusque on August 10th, 2014 @ 12:17pm CDT
Nice gallery. I'm looking forward to this fig. I'm curious though, what's that wee tripod stand your using there? I want one.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update (1598249)
Posted by Mindmaster on August 10th, 2014 @ 3:41pm CDT
MGrotusque wrote:Nice gallery. I'm looking forward to this fig. I'm curious though, what's that wee tripod stand your using there? I want one.


I did some digging for you. This seems to be a very close match to what is used in the galleries. Seems like the standard stand (2.5-inch rods) is about ten bucks. Might actually invest in a set or two myself. :-?
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update (1598250)
Posted by Seibertron on August 10th, 2014 @ 3:44pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
MGrotusque wrote:Nice gallery. I'm looking forward to this fig. I'm curious though, what's that wee tripod stand your using there? I want one.


I did some digging for you. This seems to be a very close match to what is used in the galleries. Seems like the standard stand (2.5-inch rods) is about ten bucks. Might actually invest in a set or two myself. :-?


Flight pose stands are what I use ... most of the time I use the 4 inch stand
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update (1598252)
Posted by durroth on August 10th, 2014 @ 4:02pm CDT
it appears all 3 sizes are 10$ straight.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update (1598260)
Posted by MGrotusque on August 10th, 2014 @ 4:31pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
MGrotusque wrote:Nice gallery. I'm looking forward to this fig. I'm curious though, what's that wee tripod stand your using there? I want one.


I did some digging for you. This seems to be a very close match to what is used in the galleries. Seems like the standard stand (2.5-inch rods) is about ten bucks. Might actually invest in a set or two myself. :-?

Thank you! Much appreciated ;)^
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update (1602538)
Posted by Va'al on August 28th, 2014 @ 4:53pm CDT
Are you ready to rumble? Seibertron.com is proud to present the first Transformers Leader class of the Generations line, part of the Thrilling 30 Anniversary monicker: the Autobot that wasn´t to begin with, Jetfire! Check out the impressive gallery by clicking on any of the images below, and compare it to the Cybertron Con Henkei version too, all below for your enjoyment.

Generations Jetfire

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


Transformers Henkei Jetfire

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update (1602544)
Posted by RotorstormNZ on August 28th, 2014 @ 5:11pm CDT
I must admit I wasn't overly impressed when the first stock photos of Jetfire came out but now I'm seriously considering him. These photos have me all excited! The only niggling doubt I have is the chrome on ALL his weapons...not a fan at all.

Otherwise he looks great - cool jetmode, nice G1-ish bot mode. I love the comparison shots, his size has made me lose interest in Classic Jetfire entirely. A gorgeous figure shot very well.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update (1602571)
Posted by Emerje on August 28th, 2014 @ 8:01pm CDT
Definitely getting the new Jetfire, but he's going to need some Reprolables to do something about those stark white legs. I don't know how in 2014 they can release a figure with so little paint like that. If he lacks paint because of all that chrome then I would much prefer the paint details.

Emerje
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update (1602575)
Posted by BERSEKAEL on August 28th, 2014 @ 8:17pm CDT
Is there any version with plain red instead of chrome? I will get one, fit perfect in scale with metroplex and legion class

Image
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update (1602577)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 28th, 2014 @ 8:30pm CDT
BERSEKAEL wrote:Is there any version with plain red instead of chrome? I will get one, fit perfect in scale with metroplex and legion class
Yes. There are two options for a version with plain red instead of chrome.

Option 1: Simply remove the chrome from the Hasbro version, as there is plain red plastic underneath it.

Option 2: The Takara version in the Transformers: Legends toyline has no chrome.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update (1602588)
Posted by fenrir72 on August 28th, 2014 @ 9:25pm CDT
RotorstormNZ wrote:I must admit I wasn't overly impressed when the first stock photos of Jetfire came out but now I'm seriously considering him. These photos have me all excited! The only niggling doubt I have is the chrome on ALL his weapons...not a fan at all.

Otherwise he looks great - cool jetmode, nice G1-ish bot mode. I love the comparison shots, his size has made me lose interest in Classic Jetfire entirely. A gorgeous figure shot very well.


Get it don't just consider.............you won't be sorry. Chrome is just a minute nuisance.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update (1602613)
Posted by BERSEKAEL on August 29th, 2014 @ 1:11am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
BERSEKAEL wrote:Is there any version with plain red instead of chrome? I will get one, fit perfect in scale with metroplex and legion class
Yes. There are two options for a version with plain red instead of chrome.

Option 1: Simply remove the chrome from the Hasbro version, as there is plain red plastic underneath it.

Option 2: The Takara version in the Transformers: Legends toyline has no chrome.


oooh, you are right Sabrblade! I will go for it. SOLD! 8)

Image
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update (1602638)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on August 29th, 2014 @ 6:31am CDT
Image
Cartoon accurate sizes.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update (1602640)
Posted by frogbat on August 29th, 2014 @ 6:39am CDT
I caved in and got him in spite of my misgivings and my love for the original generations toy. Think I'll call one jetfire and the other skyfire.

He is a much better figure in hand and am enjoying him more than I thought. If ayone can get him without chrome I'd recommend it because no matter how hard I try, I can't get past how garish it is!. Other quibbles include the non retractable rear landing gear! A pet peeve of mine and something I'd expect to be present in a leader class jet. Also, te original generation's figure jetpack offered more playability. Otherwise he's got 2 gorgeous modes - an excellent robot homage to the cartoon version and an excellent alt mode homage to the toy (though I think most of us would've preferred a show accurate version of the alt mode too).

I was given a robotech re issue to play with the other day which was basically the same mould as the g1 jetfire... the fact he had so much die cast pieces and also retractable (spring loaded) landing gear makes one ponder about the amount of toy / quality we get for the money we spend today.

btw, not sure but are the feet full extended properly in those pics?
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update (1602646)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 29th, 2014 @ 7:18am CDT
frogbat wrote:If ayone can get him without chrome I'd recommend it because no matter how hard I try, I can't get past how garish it is!.
Remove the chrome, then. He still looks good without it.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update (1602650)
Posted by frogbat on August 29th, 2014 @ 7:33am CDT
yeah was thinking of doing something even painting them black and red like the japanese version, however i'm not very goods with arts and crafts..
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update (1602657)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 29th, 2014 @ 8:12am CDT
frogbat wrote:yeah was thinking of doing something even painting them black and red like the japanese version, however i'm not very goods with arts and crafts..
Taking the chrome off is easier than painting over it. All it takes is a little bathing:



To get him naked (not my pics, btw):

Image
Image
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update (1602659)
Posted by frogbat on August 29th, 2014 @ 8:17am CDT
thnx for the link - will check it out... yay for youtube these days
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update (1602666)
Posted by ScottyP on August 29th, 2014 @ 9:12am CDT
It's amazing how well the G1 alt mode holds up. May still be the best looking of the three!

So what's the verdict on this guy? Fun to transform? Sturdy? Hollow?
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update (1602672)
Posted by Seibertron on August 29th, 2014 @ 10:02am CDT
ScottyP wrote:It's amazing how well the G1 alt mode holds up. May still be the best looking of the three!

So what's the verdict on this guy? Fun to transform? Sturdy? Hollow?


It seems like an overall great toy for me. My biggest gripes on this toy is a bit of the obvious hollowness (particularly the wings, which would have been OK hollow if they flipped around somehow) and the chrome (which can be rectified easily if you want to remove it yourself or just get the Takara version). The rear landing gear not folding away is also a bit annoying on a higher priced figure like this (acceptable on Mini-cons and Scout class figures, and maybe deluxes, but not on Voyagers and Leaders).

On that note, while I do like the toy, I guess I don't understand why they don't just give us Skyfire. That's the toy I want. I wish they would have done away with the realistic looking jet and just given us this toy in robot mode but with the cartoon jet mode. That would have made me happy.

I'm fine with distancing ourselves from the Macross Super Valkyrie look as much as possible, which seems like it'd make another company happy as well. The only carryover from the Macross mode I like is giving him a helmet to give you a head that kind of sort of looks like the Macross toy. I think they pulled that feature off very well on the new Generations Jetfire toy.

Maybe Masterpiece Jetfire/Skyfire can have the cartoon robot and jet mode. That'd make me a pretty happy Transformers collector. Fingers crossed!

TUD2_Skyfire_catches_Autobots.jpg


352px-G1Jetfire_MarvelTFU.jpg
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update (1602674)
Posted by ScottyP on August 29th, 2014 @ 10:11am CDT
I'm ok if they save Skyfire for the MP treatment. That third party one is so close, but still so far away.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update (1602676)
Posted by Seibertron on August 29th, 2014 @ 10:25am CDT
ScottyP wrote:I'm ok if they save Skyfire for the MP treatment. That third party one is so close, but still so far away.


Can you link to the 3rd party one? I'm curious to see it.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update (1602679)
Posted by ScottyP on August 29th, 2014 @ 10:37am CDT
Seibertron wrote:
ScottyP wrote:I'm ok if they save Skyfire for the MP treatment. That third party one is so close, but still so far away.


Can you link to the 3rd party one? I'm curious to see it.


Sure. By most accounts, it's pretty junky in hand: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update (1602685)
Posted by BERSEKAEL on August 29th, 2014 @ 11:38am CDT
thanks again Sabrblade for the video on how to remove chrome, I will go for it, I love the black weapon too, does anyone knows where did they get that weapon?

and about size comparison, I find "Daca Toys Kronos" better for generations, but... this new jetfire match very well with legion class

Image

and I feel the same for metroplex compared to legion class, hehe...I just can't wait to have Jetfire on my hands :CON:

Image
Image
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update (1602698)
Posted by shajaki on August 29th, 2014 @ 1:29pm CDT
im planning on buying both hasbros and takaras. while i dont find chrome as offensive as the average fan, ill agree it doesnt suit this jetfire.

what im hoping for is a third party to make "cover up" pieces for his hollow bits. id like to have a jetfire and a skyfire.

my takara guy will be armoured up sans chrome, wearing his battle mask ala jetfire.

my hasbro guy will be mask-less and armour-less ala skyfire. only hope like i said, is cover-up pieces.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update (1602949)
Posted by WildclawPrime on August 30th, 2014 @ 5:23pm CDT
I know people are complaining about the chrome on Jetfire, but it's not THAT big of a deal. IF you have the money, you can always order the Takara version. To me, this new Jetfire still looks amazing, and just like the Classics figure, Hasbro did an amazing job of combining the looks from the original figure (the Macross/Robotech Valkyrie that was used) and the G1 cartoon. And I think overall, this is much better looking than the Classics figure. :D
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update (1602969)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 30th, 2014 @ 6:53pm CDT
WildclawPrime wrote:I know people are complaining about the chrome on Jetfire, but it's not THAT big of a deal. IF you have the money, you can always order the Takara version.
And if you don't have the money, the chrome can be removed easily.

Everybody wins.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update (1603019)
Posted by WildclawPrime on August 30th, 2014 @ 9:01pm CDT
Yeah, that's true too. Still, Jetfire looks promising.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update (1603285)
Posted by fenrir72 on September 1st, 2014 @ 8:15am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
WildclawPrime wrote:I know people are complaining about the chrome on Jetfire, but it's not THAT big of a deal. IF you have the money, you can always order the Takara version.
And if you don't have the money, the chrome can be removed easily.

Everybody wins.


This.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update (1603291)
Posted by fenrir72 on September 1st, 2014 @ 8:59am CDT
Seibertron wrote:
ScottyP wrote:It's amazing how well the G1 alt mode holds up. May still be the best looking of the three!

So what's the verdict on this guy? Fun to transform? Sturdy? Hollow?


It seems like an overall great toy for me. My biggest gripes on this toy is a bit of the obvious hollowness (particularly the wings, which would have been OK hollow if they flipped around somehow) and the chrome (which can be rectified easily if you want to remove it yourself or just get the Takara version). The rear landing gear not folding away is also a bit annoying on a higher priced figure like this (acceptable on Mini-cons and Scout class figures, and maybe deluxes, but not on Voyagers and Leaders).

On that note, while I do like the toy, I guess I don't understand why they don't just give us Skyfire. That's the toy I want. I wish they would have done away with the realistic looking jet and just given us this toy in robot mode but with the cartoon jet mode. That would have made me happy.

I'm fine with distancing ourselves from the Macross Super Valkyrie look as much as possible, which seems like it'd make another company happy as well. The only carryover from the Macross mode I like is giving him a helmet to give you a head that kind of sort of looks like the Macross toy. I think they pulled that feature off very well on the new Generations Jetfire toy.

Maybe Masterpiece Jetfire/Skyfire can have the cartoon robot and jet mode. That'd make me a pretty happy Transformers collector. Fingers crossed!

TUD2_Skyfire_catches_Autobots.jpg


352px-G1Jetfire_MarvelTFU.jpg


The 3rd party DACA toys don't have any landing gear Ryan. Hope Tomy would consider giving the G1 cartoon jet the MP treatment.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update (1606594)
Posted by Va'al on September 15th, 2014 @ 7:20pm CDT
Let's bring you some Transformers toys too to kick the week off, shall we? Click on any of images below to view the full galleries that Seibertron.com has just added to its gigantic repository: Hasbro Generations Legends Gears with Eclipse (redeco/retool of Swerve and his Targetmaster Flanker) and Acid Storm with Venin (redeco/retool of Starscream and Waspinator) - check them out!


Generations Gears

Image

Image

Image


Generations Eclipse

Image

Image


Generations Acid Storm

Image

Image

Image


Generations Venin

Image

Image
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update (1606596)
Posted by Noideaforaname on September 15th, 2014 @ 7:47pm CDT
Still waiting for Shrapnel here... all these Swerves, Optimuses, and Bees aren't moving.



Gears looks weird, like his head's too small or too low. The package art not even remotely resembling the actual figure doesn't help.

I kinda want that Venin (Bugly!) but I don't have a need for an acid green jet. Why does it seem like I only ever want half of the figures in these things? Partner the little bugs with the big ones, Hasbro!
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update (1606598)
Posted by Seibertron on September 15th, 2014 @ 8:07pm CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:Still waiting for Shrapnel here... all these Swerves, Optimuses, and Bees aren't moving.



Gears looks weird, like his head's too small or too low. The package art not even remotely resembling the actual figure doesn't help.

I kinda want that Venin (Bugly!) but I don't have a need for an acid green jet. Why does it seem like I only ever want half of the figures in these things? Partner the little bugs with the big ones, Hasbro!


Anyone else think Gears' head looks like a hybrid between Gears and Brawn? I really hope Hasbro doesn't cheap out and use this head for Brawn.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update (1606599)
Posted by megatronus on September 15th, 2014 @ 8:16pm CDT
The only things that really bother me about these mold is that neither has head/neck articulation. It makes it so much harder to make them look dynamic what they have stationary noggins.

Oh well. I'm still gonna get them. I've been really digging the new Legends figures, and I aint stoppin' now!
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update (1606600)
Posted by Ultra Markus on September 15th, 2014 @ 8:16pm CDT
whats the the deal with cosmos and swerve havent seen them on HTS or TOYSRUS.com or any retail store for that matter! :BANG_HEAD:
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update (1606610)
Posted by RiddlerJ on September 15th, 2014 @ 9:06pm CDT
I think Venin is actually supposed to be G1 Venom. From what I heard, a last minute change from Thundercracker to Acid Storm forced a different color scheme on Venin as well.

Click here to view an additional 29 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #104 - Wrath of Con
Twincast / Podcast #104:
"Wrath of Con"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, November 2nd, 2014