Transformers News: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update

Friday, August 8th, 2014 5:47PM CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: Mindmaster   Views: 29,476

We said it will come,
now it is time to unveil
a new gallery!

Seibertron presents
the latest
Generations
Voyager Sky-Byte!

Roadbuster's wavemate,
Sky-Byte features a launcher
to destroy his foes.

When he wins the fight,
he transforms into shark mode
and performs poetry.

To view more of him,
click the images or link
below; he's really cool!

Generations Sky-Byte

Also, the gallery of
the Club's Scourge is updated
click here to view it!

Keep your optics here
for the latest Transformers
news and galleries!
Credit(s): Seibertron.com

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update (1597832)
Posted by RiddlerJ on August 8th, 2014 @ 6:53pm CDT
You know, I'm not sure I like the curved body the new Sky-Byte has. I wish he was more straight like the original.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update (1597839)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on August 8th, 2014 @ 8:15pm CDT
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update (1597845)
Posted by xyl360 on August 8th, 2014 @ 8:47pm CDT
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:Wait, if the BotCon Sky-Byte gallery has been updated, why not the older galleries. For example, the Armada Scavenger gallery doesn't have enough pictures of him and Rollbar. Also to mention that there weren't any comparison pictures. Are the older galleries going to have an update? It'll be awesome if so.

Re: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update (1597847)
Posted by durroth on August 8th, 2014 @ 9:19pm CDT
The only thing that bothers me about skybyte is those calves... or the lack thereof.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update (1597875)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 8th, 2014 @ 11:32pm CDT

Ryan, I love that you included the TCC Side Burn and Scourge toys in there to go with the theme of updated RiD character toys. That's a real nice touch. ;)^

Though, there is one more "updated RiD character toy" not included in these group shots, and I can imagine why since it's a toy of a RiD character who wasn't in the RiD cartoon due to his being a Hasbro-made toy-only character, but I bring this up only because I think it would still have been nice for it to have been included and would have enhanced the theme (but I make no demands for this): Universe Bruticus.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update (1597882)
Posted by Noideaforaname on August 9th, 2014 @ 12:23am CDT
One of those updates where you're better off going with the original...
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update (1597884)
Posted by Seibertron on August 9th, 2014 @ 12:27am CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:One of those updates where you're better off going with the original...

I agree. I didn't need or want a new Sky-Byte. After owning the new version, I don't feel that we've gained anything from having a new figure. The robot mode head is an improvement and helps separate him from Cybershark. While the shark mode is more cartoon accurate than the original, it's not something I wanted at all. A great white shark should have a big frikkin' mouth. The original toy pulled this off very well. The horrible lower legs, the lack of a wrist swivel, the lack of a gun or hand held accessory and several other issues really turned me off about the new toy. This might be the first Generations toy I've been really disappointed with since FOC Bruticus.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update (1597952)
Posted by Anonymous. on August 9th, 2014 @ 9:44am CDT
Well done Mindmaster :P

Skybyte... I'd probably just get him for the comics shelf, and nothing else.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update (1598009)
Posted by Seibertron on August 9th, 2014 @ 1:05pm CDT

Armada Scavenger's gallery is one of my original galleries from 2002, 2 years before I started doing the galleries in their current form. His gallery is due to get a makeover at some point. He's not a real popular character and, to be honest, his toy is one of the worst toys from the past 15 years. I still have the Energon version of the Scavenger mold sealed in his package and will redo Armada Scavenger's gallery when I decide to do Energon Scavenger's gallery. Unless a new "Generations" styled Armada Scavenger toy comes out, I probably won't get to Armada Scavenger and his Energon repaint for a few years yet ... not until after I've completed galleries for more prominent characters who are absent from the galleries like the Decepticon Headmasters, the Targetmasters, Defensor, Liokaiser, Metroplex, Trypticon, the Deluxe Insecticons, the Headmaster "Juniors", Six Shot, Quickswitch, Great Shot, Six Knight, etc.

xyl360 wrote:Yep, I've been thinking the same, especially for a lot of the older galleries where there exist no comparison to their mold-mates/repaints and their variants (like Hasbro vs Takara etc.). If done right, it could be a better resource than tfu.info for getting all of the info on a particular mold and character, which would be awesome, especially since Ryan's galleries absolutely destroy the images on tfu.info and actually give you a real idea of what the figure's going to look like in hand instead of the inkling you get looking at the individual bot and alt mode pics on tfu.

If comparison shots are in a later figure's gallery, then that's where the comparison shots will stay. If you could provide an example of someone who is missing their comparison shots, I can update it at a later date or show you where the comparison shots currently are in our galleries.

The only reason Club Scourge's gallery got updated was because someone had asked for those shots over a year ago when his gallery launched and I should have included those comparison shots with Side Burn and Sky-Byte at that time but had totally blanked on that. Hearing rumors that a Generations Sky-Byte was coming down the pipes, I decided it was best to wait to do comparison shots when I did the new Sky-Byte's gallery.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update (1598010)
Posted by Seibertron on August 9th, 2014 @ 1:06pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:It's kinda sad how the only Sky-Byte toy whose altmode isn't bent in some awkward position that inhibits it from pointing in a straightforward direction or resembling the character at rest is the BotCon toy, and that one isn't even a shark nor a mold that was meant to be Sky-Byte. :P

I think we can live without comparison shots with Bruticus. Maybe for the next RID update I'll bust him out to include with the others.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update (1598031)
Posted by xyl360 on August 9th, 2014 @ 2:32pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:

Any version of Waspinator compared to the Buzzsaw repaint. I think maybe one of the Waspinator galleries (Generations?) shows Buzzsaw. More than that though, the Other Galleries You Might Be Interested In ... section at the bottom of each gallery often has some glaring omissions. If each character's gallery for each version of it had an image/link to each other version of that same character as well as any other repaints/retools of that same mold, it would serve all of the same functions for reference that sites like TFU provide, but again, with much better/more comprehensive images thanks to the galleries on this site.

I realize that may not necessarily be the purpose of the galleries and all, but it sure would be handy, especially for the obsessive types like me who tend to buy every version/variant of a mold they like and/or character they like no matter what it is. Just cross-linking them all like that would be sufficient, the comparison shots are just gravy and it's understandable due to timing and release dates that each gallery for each figure can't contain comparison shots with all other versions/variants etc. (because one or more may not have existed when the gallery was created, for example).

As another example, if you take the gallery for Botcon Ginrai, it contains comparison shots with (I think?) just about every variant of that mold no matter who the character is that it represents (which is ideal, for me at least), but then below it the only recommended galleries are those of other Botcon 2014 figures and none of the other figures that shared that Classics Prime mold. Having links down there to all their galleries would be handy to take a look at the other variants more closely and even other figures/versions of Ginrai (like the Japanese Godmaster himself; although you did include comparisons to the original Fireguts Ginrai that inspired the Botcon figure, which is great).
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update (1598059)
Posted by Mindmaster on August 9th, 2014 @ 4:15pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:Unless a new "Generations" styled Armada Scavenger toy comes out...

Please, Has/Tak... make this come true! I'll pay all the monies for an updated Armada Scavenger!
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update (1598114)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 9th, 2014 @ 11:53pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:

Ir's funny that Ryan would mention that because we really were so close to having a Generations Armada Scavenger toy earlier this year.

According to Joe Kyde, Generations Scoop was originally either going to be Scoop or Armada Scavenger, and Kyde chose Scoop since A) his orange colors would provide a better contrast with the rest of his case assortment (Armada Starscream, Skywarp, and the Mini-Cons), B) Kyde felt that the Targetmasters deserved some attention, and C) a Deluxe mold would do Scoop more justice than the much larger Scavenger.

And, well, there already was an Armada homage figure in that case assortment thanks to Starscream.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update (1598116)
Posted by Seibertron on August 9th, 2014 @ 11:57pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:

I'd like to see a proper Voyager Class Armada Scavenger done right. With actual legs would be awesome, but he needs the "bulk" of a larger figure that a deluxe can't do justice for.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update (1598203)
Posted by MGrotusque on August 10th, 2014 @ 12:17pm CDT
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update (1598249)
Posted by Mindmaster on August 10th, 2014 @ 3:41pm CDT
MGrotusque wrote:Nice gallery. I'm looking forward to this fig. I'm curious though, what's that wee tripod stand your using there? I want one.

I did some digging for you. This seems to be a very close match to what is used in the galleries. Seems like the standard stand (2.5-inch rods) is about ten bucks. Might actually invest in a set or two myself. :-?
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update (1598250)
Posted by Seibertron on August 10th, 2014 @ 3:44pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:

Flight pose stands are what I use ... most of the time I use the 4 inch stand
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update (1598252)
Posted by durroth on August 10th, 2014 @ 4:02pm CDT
it appears all 3 sizes are 10$ straight.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update (1598260)
Posted by MGrotusque on August 10th, 2014 @ 4:31pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:

Thank you! Much appreciated ;)^
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Club Scourge Gallery Update (1602538)
Posted by Dr Va'al on August 28th, 2014 @ 4:53pm CDT
Are you ready to rumble? Seibertron.com is proud to present the first Transformers Leader class of the Generations line, part of the Thrilling 30 Anniversary monicker: the Autobot that wasn´t to begin with, Jetfire! Check out the impressive gallery by clicking on any of the images below, and compare it to the Cybertron Con Henkei version too, all below for your enjoyment.

Generations Jetfire

Transformers Henkei Jetfire

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers G2 Parts 1991 PYRO spark complete missile rocket set EUROPEAN - Time Remaining: 4 days 18 hours 58 minutes 10 seconds
NEW X-TRANSBOTS BEK-01R Upgrade Kit for Transformers G1 Color FOC Bruticus - Time Remaining: 4 days 14 hours 45 minutes 21 seconds
TRANSFORMERS DOTM HUMAN ALLIANCE M TUNGSTEN THUNDERHEAD - Time Remaining: 5 days 8 hours 28 minutes 34 seconds
Transformers Club Sharttered Glass Cyclonus Brand New - Time Remaining: 6 days 5 hours 30 minutes 1 second
Transformers Club NightBeat Brand New - Time Remaining: 6 days 5 hours 29 minutes 57 seconds
Transformers Club Airazor Brand New - Time Remaining: 6 days 5 hours 30 minutes 13 seconds
Transformers Encore 12 Metroplex MISB Brand New - Time Remaining: 4 days 7 hours 15 minutes 5 seconds
Transformers Club Astrotrain Brand New - Time Remaining: 6 days 4 hours 25 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #149 - Titans Arrive