Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

New Gallery: Warbot Defender

Transformers News: New Gallery: Warbot Defender

Thursday, December 30th, 2010 11:07PM CST

Categories: 3rd Party News, Site News, Toy News
Posted by: Diem   Views: 103,409

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Early this year FansProject surprised us all with a third party figure, Warbot Defender, who bore more than a slight resemblance to a certain sarcastic triple-changer Autobot. Now Seibertron.com is pleased to present its extensive gallery of the figure. Click on the images below to see the full gallery:

Image

Image

For more galleries stick with Seibertron.com!
Credit(s): Seibertron.com
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: New Gallery: Warbot Defender (1163732)
Posted by mattyc1007 on December 30th, 2010 @ 11:14pm CST
I thought he was made by FansProject?

Nice Galleries again Ryan for 2500+ time ;) . Is this the last figure of 2010 to get a Gallery on Seibertron. And is there a special gallery for the first of 2011?
Re: New Gallery: Warbot Defender (1163743)
Posted by Blurrz on December 30th, 2010 @ 11:30pm CST
He's a beauty, that's for sure.
Re: New Gallery: Warbot Defender (1163749)
Posted by WarGraver on December 30th, 2010 @ 11:39pm CST
Hrm. I really WANT to like this figure, but can't seem to. He seems to be missing details. The little details that come from making vehicle modes look accurate. Just ends up being too... smooth.

Oh well, the gallery is great and came close to changing my mind.
Re: New Gallery: Warbot Defender (1163795)
Posted by Autobot032 on December 31st, 2010 @ 5:45am CST
I own the figure, and I recommend him. Incredibly complex, sturdy, and the design is just flooring.

Like all FP products, this one has to be mastered, but once there, he becomes a great figure. You just need patience, starting out.

Pictures don't do him justice. Springer has never looked so good, and he's an awesome addition.
Re: New Gallery: Warbot Defender (1163800)
Posted by Stormrider on December 31st, 2010 @ 6:22am CST
I am quite disappointed getting him. After hearing all of the reviews - I thought I would love this figure but I was wrong. I don't care for the style, large seams, empty spaces, and very thin plastic sword.
Re: New Gallery: Warbot Defender (1163802)
Posted by Forgotten on December 31st, 2010 @ 6:25am CST
Autobot032 wrote:I own the figure, and I recommend him. Incredibly complex, sturdy, and the design is just flooring.

Like all FP products, this one has to be mastered, but once there, he becomes a great figure. You just need patience, starting out.

Pictures don't do him justice. Springer has never looked so good, and he's an awesome addition.

Seconded, mine has a few flaws here and there but even they aren't enough to take away from how truly amazing this guy is. FansProject certainly started their own Masterpiece series when they did this guy. He is well worth the $80+shipping that he's sold for. Anybody who doesn't have him, I recommend that you grab him while you can still get him at standard pricing because you know his value is going to sky-rocket. I'll wager anything that he's going to end up with Shadow Commander syndrome(stayed in stock forever, then magically disappeared & tripled in value overnight).

mattyc1007 wrote:Nice Galleries again Ryan for 2500+ time ;)

Seconded
Re: New Gallery: Warbot Defender (1163989)
Posted by Seibertron on December 31st, 2010 @ 7:03pm CST
Thanks for the compliments guys. I'm glad to hear you're enjoying this gallery. It was a lot of work. I started working on this gallery back in July when I did the Crossfire Combaticon galleries. Hopefully I'll have another week or two break with new figures so that I can continue to get caught up on galleries that are almost finished but were never posted in 2010.
Re: New Gallery: Warbot Defender (1163997)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on December 31st, 2010 @ 7:24pm CST
Forgotten wrote:He is well worth the $80+shipping that he's sold for. Anybody who doesn't have him, I recommend that you grab him while you can still get him at standard pricing because you know his value is going to sky-rocket. I'll wager anything that he's going to end up with Shadow Commander syndrome(stayed in stock forever, then magically disappeared & tripled in value overnight).


He is beginning to get scarce. Sold out at both BBTS and TFSource. Robotkingdom still has him and Toy Arena for $90. He is a great figure and well worth the money.
Re: New Gallery: Warbot Defender (1164028)
Posted by Autobot032 on December 31st, 2010 @ 8:36pm CST
LOST Cybertronian wrote:
Forgotten wrote:He is well worth the $80+shipping that he's sold for. Anybody who doesn't have him, I recommend that you grab him while you can still get him at standard pricing because you know his value is going to sky-rocket. I'll wager anything that he's going to end up with Shadow Commander syndrome(stayed in stock forever, then magically disappeared & tripled in value overnight).


He is beginning to get scarce. Sold out at both BBTS and TFSource. Robotkingdom still has him and Toy Arena for $90. He is a great figure and well worth the money.


Thanks for the heads up. This proves it folks. If you're on the fence and you're leaning towards making the purchase, you better do it now while you can, and while it's affordable.

$90.00 is a bit on the high side for this guy, I have to be honest, but considering how great he really is, the level of scarcity, and foreign options becoming even more expensive...$90.00's a steal, really.

If you're going to buy him, now is the time. If not, be sure that you're completely uninterested, because once he's gone, he's gone and you'll pay through the nose.

BTW, the ones that just sold out at both BBTS and TFSource, plus the in stock ones at ToyArena and RobotKingdom are the restock from the second order shipment that FansProject produced, meaning this is the absolute last allotment of Warbots available. Once they're gone, you're screwed. Going by past experiences, he's not scheduled to be reproduced after this.

If you buy it and don't like it, sell it off to someone. You might lose a little bit of money, but at least you had the chance to get it before it was too late.
Re: New Gallery: Warbot Defender (1164105)
Posted by fenrir72 on January 1st, 2011 @ 4:25am CST
If there's any complaint, I second on his weird sword. Aside from that an awesome "re-imagining" of the character/figure.
Re: New Gallery: Warbot Defender (1164149)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on January 1st, 2011 @ 9:35am CST
The sword is mre sturdy than what you might think. I saw a picture of someone bending it backwards and no breackage.
Re: New Gallery: Warbot Defender (1164172)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on January 1st, 2011 @ 11:06am CST
Defender drinks a lot so he is a little tipsy on the shelf.
Re: New Gallery: Warbot Defender (1164217)
Posted by Optimus1138 on January 1st, 2011 @ 1:48pm CST
This looks like an extremely excellent and well-designed figure, and I've wanted it pretty much from the start, but I just can't justify spending that much money on a figure the size of a small Voyager class figure (I don't think my parents would be thrilled about it either). Hopefully Hasbro will make a decent Classics-styled one sometime soon. It probably wouldn't be as good as this, but as long as the colours and design are good looking and accurate enough, and it has all three modes, I wouldn't complain.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction
Twincast / Podcast #96:
"Age of Extinction"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, July 7th, 2014