Transformers News: New Generations Galleries: Legends Class Starscream with Waspinator and Megatron with Chop Shop

Saturday, July 6th, 2013 6:41PM CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 26,403

In our second set of galleries for today, Seibertron.com presents Generations Legends Class Starscream with Waspinator and Megatron with Chop Shop. This wave pairs favourite Decepticon characters with target master partners with names that haven't had toys in a long time. In the case of Chop Shop. he hasn't got a toy since his original G1 incarnation and Waspinator, repaints aside, hasn't had a new figure since his Beast Wars and Transformers Animated toys. Both Starscream and Megatron gets new molds with Megatron turning into his often favourite tank alt mode and Starscream stays with his tried and true jet.

Generations Starscream

Generations Waspinator

Generations Megatron

Generations Chop Shop

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Generations Galleries: Legends Class Starscream with Waspinator and Megatron with Chop Shop (1501200)
Posted by wolverinetodd on July 6th, 2013 @ 6:48pm CDT
Re: New Generations Galleries: Legends Class Starscream with Waspinator and Megatron with Chop Shop (1501204)
Posted by Anonymous. on July 6th, 2013 @ 7:05pm CDT
I really feel like putting the figure in Chromedome colors
Re: New Generations Galleries: Legends Class Starscream with Waspinator and Megatron with Chop Shop (1501227)
Posted by quickmixed on July 6th, 2013 @ 7:56pm CDT
Re: New Generations Galleries: Legends Class Starscream with Waspinator and Megatron with Chop Shop (1501234)
Posted by Noideaforaname on July 6th, 2013 @ 8:14pm CDT
I want the bugs, but not the big guys.
Re: New Generations Galleries: Legends Class Starscream with Waspinator and Megatron with Chop Shop (1501235)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on July 6th, 2013 @ 8:20pm CDT
wolverinetodd wrote:I thought Waspinator got a new mold towards the end of the Transformers: Animated line.

And so he has
Re: New Generations Galleries: Legends Class Starscream with Waspinator and Megatron with Chop Shop (1501239)
Posted by fenrir72 on July 6th, 2013 @ 8:32pm CDT
For his size, Starscream looks detailed and nice made.
Re: New Generations Galleries: Legends Class Starscream with Waspinator and Megatron with Chop Shop (1501242)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on July 6th, 2013 @ 9:05pm CDT
i saw prime & bumblebee in walmart today & these are not worth $10, they're slightly bigger than a legends but smaller than a commander and yet they cost more that the latter. I bet if i were to weigh a commander & one of these guys the weights would be similar & the articulation is not anymore advanced. I want Megatron & Starscream but im going to have to pass unless i can get them for around $7 or $8, anything above that is overpriced. I dont see how hasbro comes up with these prices i really dont. What sickens me more is that TRU will probably charge $13 or $15 for them.
Re: New Generations Galleries: Legends Class Starscream with Waspinator and Megatron with Chop Shop (1501247)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 6th, 2013 @ 9:23pm CDT
I was considering getting Starscream & Waspinator just for Waspinator, but then we got news of his Deluxe toy coming down the pipe this year/early next year. So that plan is nixed.

Even though I'm curently not considering getting Megatron & Chop Shop (or any of them besides Cosmos & Sky High, Swerve & Blast Master, and maybe Tailgate & whoever comes with him), I'm a little disappointed that Megatron is a teewee bit shorter than Optimus Prime.

Megatron Wolf wrote:i saw prime & bumblebee in walmart today & these are not worth $10, they're slightly bigger than a legends but smaller than a commander and yet they cost more that the latter.

I could have sworn they were in between a Commander and a Scout. If they're not, they're definitely the same size as a Commander. Plus, with the extra bit of plastic that are the Targetmaster partners, that could raise the price a dollar or two more. I'd say they're worth the &10 everyone's charging.

[quote]What sickens me more is that TRU will probably charge $13 or $15 for them.[/quote]

My Toys "R" Us is charging $10 a piece for them so far. Keyword, "so far".
Re: New Generations Galleries: Legends Class Starscream with Waspinator and Megatron with Chop Shop (1501254)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on July 6th, 2013 @ 9:52pm CDT
quickmixed wrote:Sandstorm looks awesome. Is it just the transformation or is Sandstorm twice the mass of Springer? He looks massive.

The only thing that is bigger on Sandstorm are those two huge wheels on his back. Everything is the same size.
Re: New Generations Galleries: Legends Class Starscream with Waspinator and Megatron with Chop Shop (1501256)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 6th, 2013 @ 9:58pm CDT
LOST Cybertronian wrote:

The legs on Sandstorm feel smaller than those on Springer as well.
Re: New Generations Galleries: Legends Class Starscream with Waspinator and Megatron with Chop Shop (1501281)
Posted by quickmixed on July 7th, 2013 @ 1:45am CDT
LOST Cybertronian wrote:

I can see it now. Take those wheels away and they are the same size. I gotta say the wheels do a good job of bulking sandstorm out though.
Re: New Generations Galleries: Legends Class Starscream with Waspinator and Megatron with Chop Shop (1501324)
Posted by Cyberpath on July 7th, 2013 @ 9:29am CDT
That Starscream looks like a fun figure. I like that the nosecone doesn't end up on his back.
Re: New Generations Galleries: Legends Class Starscream with Waspinator and Megatron with Chop Shop (1501451)
Posted by Seibertron on July 7th, 2013 @ 7:16pm CDT
Deathscythetransform wrote:quite frankly, I'll leave it in the gun, attached to metro's hand, and leaving it alone...

And that's how this missile will get lost inevitably. I put mine in a ziploc bag inside of his chest so that I won't lose it. It shot out in my basement 3 times during the gallery. Fortunately I heard where it fell all 3 times but was able to find it.
Re: New Generations Galleries: Legends Class Starscream with Waspinator and Megatron with Chop Shop (1501574)
Posted by Flashwave on July 8th, 2013 @ 10:09am CDT
Well those certainly blow Astro and Octane out of the water...

I didn't know how much Sandstorm's G1 figue REALLY looks like Energon Cliffy's. That's kinda nifty.

Pre Requisite Metroplex is HUGE post...
Re: New Generations Galleries: Legends Class Starscream with Waspinator and Megatron with Chop Shop (1501677)
Posted by Deathscythetransform on July 8th, 2013 @ 4:52pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:

I forgot to mention that I will put superglue inside the gun, to make sure the missile wont be launched accidentally ;)
Re: New Generations Galleries: Legends Class Starscream with Waspinator and Megatron with Chop Shop (1502034)
Posted by Autobot032 on July 10th, 2013 @ 1:17am CDT
The Decepticons have a new threat... The Wreckers and their combined form Ruination! We are proud to present the newest Seibertron.com gallery, the Generations Wreckers, giving you an indepth look at these new takes on fan favorites!

The set is based on the Fall Of Cybertron Bruticus mold, but features a brand new deco with retooled heads and new weapons! And of course, it's Scramble City in it's design, allowing you to put any limb robot into a right or left configuration of both a leg and arm, adding to the level of play and maximizing their value.

These are available at retail and are currently priced at $12.99 per 'bot. Can't wait to see more? Click on any of the figure pictures below and you'll taken to the Seibertron.com galleries where you can see all of Ruination, the individual Wreckers and so many more!

First up is Ruination, the combined form of the Wreckers:

(Deluxe Class)
Generations Impactor

(Deluxe Class)
Generations Whirl

(Deluxe Class)
Generations Roadbuster

(Deluxe Class)
Generations Topspin

(Deluxe Class)
Generations Twintwist

Keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest news, updates and the best galleries around!
Re: New Generations Galleries: Legends Class Starscream with Waspinator and Megatron with Chop Shop (1502036)
Posted by Flashwave on July 10th, 2013 @ 1:27am CDT
Until Last week, I would've said "if that Starscream were a deluxe..." but seeing what Hasbro's doing now, I'm not sure I wanna see that anymore. Its a nice figure, attached nullrays, knees, elbows, shoulders, the jety mode kinda looks like Metroplex stepped on a nd squished an F22, but hey, licensaing and all... but I don't forsee him getting much use.

However, Wazzpinator needzzz gun that looks like Wazzpinator...

Megatron? meh. Actually reminds me a lot of his *other*Titanium transforming figure. I'm not sure if I'll ne assigning ChopShop to FOC Kickback or letting him runaround with hardshell.

And also, I'd kinda really like to see whomever did the Armada molds be brought back. The triplechanging targetmasterminicons we're seeing now aren't bad, but they're lacking a bit in their bot modes. And yes, I realize that its hard to cram three modes into the figs, and yes, I relaize i couldn't draw my way out of a wet paper bag if someone asked me to do better, but Armada had Makeshift, Terradive, Firebot, Prowl, Gunbarrl, Thunderwing, leader-1 sorta, distinctive gun, robot, and vehicle modes. And actual legs, if not actual knees...
Re: New Generations Galleries: Legends Class Starscream with Waspinator and Megatron with Chop Shop (1502039)
Posted by welcometothedarksyde on July 10th, 2013 @ 2:05am CDT
Really looking forward to these, glad I didn't get Bruticus because these look so much better. I still hate the combined mode though. Maybe the awkward proportions would work if he didn't stand upright. I'm thinking ROTF Devastator, does anyone know if that's possible?
Re: New Generations Galleries: Legends Class Starscream with Waspinator and Megatron with Chop Shop (1502047)
Posted by Banjo-Tron on July 10th, 2013 @ 3:11am CDT
These look great as FOC figures but are pretty poor if they were to be repurposed 'Classicsverse' ones. I know a few poeple who were waiting on these for that very reason. MechiDeas Topspin and Twintwist are way nicer. That Impactor headsculpt is pretty nice though and deserves a better body. I wounder if anyone will be donating it to Machine Wars Strika?
Re: New Generations Galleries: Legends Class Starscream with Waspinator and Megatron with Chop Shop (1502051)
Posted by TimothyR on July 10th, 2013 @ 4:21am CDT
i think this combination looks much much better than the bruticus version. . i may have to pick these guys up.. but i'm certainly not going to pay the retail $15 price per figure on it. if there's a sale, i'll pick them up. otherwise.. no thank you.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #145 - May Mayhem