Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

New Gutto Kuru Minelba Images

Transformers News: New Gutto Kuru Minelba Images

Friday, June 1st, 2012 6:45AM CDT

Categories: Collectables, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 26,245

The Cybergundam blog has posted new images of CM's Corp Gutto Kuru Minelba figure, which include an in-package shot. The figure is scheduled for release next month.

Credit(s): The Cybergundam Blog, cannonfodder4000, daimchoc
Re: New Gutto Kuru Minelba Images (1385902)
Posted by alldarker on June 1st, 2012 @ 7:24am CDT
I have to say, she looks real cute! I like the way the Headmaster face is hidden in her backpack. The knees are slightly awkward, but I could get over that. Any word on how much this (and Ginrai) will cost? Nevermind: I should have clicked on the link. ¥8,800... That's approximately $112.
Re: New Gutto Kuru Minelba Images (1386460)
Posted by Rated X on June 2nd, 2012 @ 11:55pm CDT
Re: New Gutto Kuru Minelba Images (1386463)
Posted by BeastProwl on June 3rd, 2012 @ 12:27am CDT
Rated X wrote:So this made the front news page because it is "official" or because it doesnt transform ??? :-?

Revoltechs make the ront page, so why not? Its not 3rd party, so I guess it counts, i.e has/tak is ok with this
Re: New Gutto Kuru Minelba Images (1386466)
Posted by fenrir72 on June 3rd, 2012 @ 12:38am CDT
Why shouldn't make front page? >:oP Wait! Don't tell me its a ............

Edit:

Can't wait for God Ginrai............God On! :BOWDOWN:
Re: New Gutto Kuru Minelba Images (1386623)
Posted by Rated X on June 3rd, 2012 @ 2:31pm CDT
BeastProwl wrote:

It's not made by Hasbro or Takara. It's a cartoon accurate figure based on a G1 character which some refer to as "intellectual property". And is there any official statement saying that Hasbro/Takara endorses this figure ??? If so please provide a link.

Dont get me wrong Im happy as hell to see Ryan allowed this news to go front page. It clearly caters to the collectors who buy non-Has/Tak Transformers items. Good job !!! Bring us more...
Re: New Gutto Kuru Minelba Images (1386632)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on June 3rd, 2012 @ 2:39pm CDT
Rated X wrote:
BeastProwl wrote:

Let me lay it out for you:

1) it uses the official logos of the series and of the brand itself.
2) the figure is called "Minelba", like the original G1 toy.
3) other companies can use Hasbro's and TakaraTomy's IP and trademarks when the proper license is bought from them.
4) since official names and logos are used, one should conclude that has happened, so it's an official licensed product.

Plus, the original advert said (c) 2012 Tomy ;)
Re: New Gutto Kuru Minelba Images (1386638)
Posted by Rated X on June 3rd, 2012 @ 3:13pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Rated X wrote:
BeastProwl wrote:

Let me lay it out for you:

1) it uses the official logos of the series and of the brand itself.
2) the figure is called "Minelba", like the original G1 toy.

Plus, the original advert said (c) 2012 Tomy ;)

Well I dont read Japanese, but I admit you got me on the Tomy trademark on the image. I never noticed it before. But in my opinion, this is still about as borderline as it gets when it comes to being a 3rd party product. Kind of like when Unicron.com made Vector Sigma for Botcon. It just shows that there is favortism on Hasbro's part when it comes to which "innovative" individuals can purchase a trademark. Just like when asked at a pannel in some con about a collaboration with a 3rd party, Hasbro's reply was "we dont respect what they do and would never work with them". It seems Hasbro cant put the past behind them and make an offer. Im sure one of the bigger 3rd party companies would like to merge or pay a licensing fee. Poor business strategy on Hasbros part. I guess they dont want to be derailed in their quest to make Bumblebee into the new Mickey Mouse.
Re: New Gutto Kuru Minelba Images (1386645)
Posted by Burn on June 3rd, 2012 @ 3:43pm CDT

Back on topic NOW.
Re: New Gutto Kuru Minelba Images (1386670)
Posted by Rated X on June 3rd, 2012 @ 5:42pm CDT
Burn wrote:Rated X, you have a thread to discuss the lack of 3rd party news on this site. You've made your views on the matter perfectly clear. Do NOT drag that opinion from thread to thread questioning what should and shouldn't be newsed.

Back on topic NOW.

Im sorry if I got off topic. I was under the impression this was a 3rd party product since it was first announced. I was wrong and Jelze corrected me. It is "official" by affiliation with Tomy, which is partnered with Takara. 2nd party toys, LOL.
Re: New Gutto Kuru Minelba Images (1387084)
Posted by fenrir72 on June 5th, 2012 @ 4:20am CDT
Ms Rabbit already clarified this issue thank Primus. Hope we don't go through the "other" issue again....................ehem action figure and the "D" word again.

Since she's more or less gonna come tis end of July but I'm game for a Minerva in her civilian guise. That would also be a nice touch.

Btw,somewhat off topic but Jizai kits too are officially licensed.
Re: New Gutto Kuru Minelba Images (1387085)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on June 5th, 2012 @ 4:28am CDT
fenrir72 wrote:Btw,somewhat off topic but Jizai kits too are officially licensed.

Not quite: some did get an official 1-day license for selling at a certain Takara-sponsored convention. Other than that, they're still 3rd Party.
Re: New Gutto Kuru Minelba Images (1387087)
Posted by fenrir72 on June 5th, 2012 @ 5:46am CDT
:lol:

Okay then. Limited license for an event.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #106 - McCarthyism