Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers News: New Hardcover Book: Transformers: Exodus: The Official History of the War for Cybertron

Wednesday, February 17th, 2010 10:16PM CST

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Mkall   Views: 15,684

Amazon.com and Random House Publishing have put up preorders for a new Hardcover Transformers book, Transformers: Exodus: The Official History of the War for Cybertron.

Very little is known at this point; but it is a large book, with 352 pages. This will most likely tie into the release of Transformers: War for Cybertron game and will most likely be the canon that goes into the game and any Gneration-1 related stories from this point onward.

The book is set to release June 22nd. You may preorder it now from Amazon.com or Random House Publishing
Credit(s): Amazon, Random House Publishing
Re: New Hardcover Book: Transformers: Exodus: The Official History of the War for Cybertron (1048286)
Posted by Supreme Convoy on February 17th, 2010 @ 10:38pm CST
I'm addicted to art books now... this is now on my radar!
Re: New Hardcover Book: Transformers: Exodus: The Official History of the War for Cybertron (1048295)
Posted by UltraPrimal on February 17th, 2010 @ 11:11pm CST
352 pages for a video game?! I wonder what's in this book.
Re: New Hardcover Book: Transformers: Exodus: The Official History of the War for Cybertron (1048309)
Posted by IceWilly on February 18th, 2010 @ 12:13am CST
hardcover and 350 pages of art for 18$... yea thats going to be a purchase
Re: New Hardcover Book: Transformers: Exodus: The Official History of the War for Cybertron (1048315)
Posted by UltraPrimal on February 18th, 2010 @ 12:37am CST
Where does it say it's an art book? :???: It could very well be a novel.
Re: New Hardcover Book: Transformers: Exodus: The Official History of the War for Cybertron (1048322)
Posted by Mkall on February 18th, 2010 @ 1:36am CST
UltraPrimal wrote:352 pages for a video game?! I wonder what's in this book.

If I were to guess; I'd say the most comprehensive history of Cybertron we've ever seen.

I'll preorder it as soon as I know some more details
Re: New Hardcover Book: Transformers: Exodus: The Official History of the War for Cybertron (1048347)
Posted by Abraxsis on February 18th, 2010 @ 3:51am CST
If it's an art book, I'll def have to pass on it. If it's a novel, or a fake history type book like there was for star wars, then that'll be a must see.
Re: New Hardcover Book: Transformers: Exodus: The Official History of the War for Cybertron (1048428)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on February 18th, 2010 @ 10:39am CST
352 page art book? i highly doubt that. I'd say its a novel and i'll be picking it up. I wish it came out before the game though..
Re: New Hardcover Book: Transformers: Exodus: The Official History of the War for Cybertron (1048429)
Posted by Hairball178 on February 18th, 2010 @ 10:48am CST
Re: New Hardcover Book: Transformers: Exodus: The Official History of the War for Cybertron (1048487)
Posted by ponycorn on February 18th, 2010 @ 12:59pm CST

It will be a reference book, with both art and facts. I imagine there will be canon-building history, plus profiles for major characters, and also some of the most gorgeous pics of the planet Cybertron we've ever seen.

My biggest hope: Detailed geographic and political maps for Cybertron.
Re: New Hardcover Book: Transformers: Exodus: The Official History of the War for Cybertron (1048493)
Posted by Mechabreaker on February 18th, 2010 @ 1:14pm CST
Now THIS is something that I absolutely cannot wait for! *Does best Grimlock impersonation* ME WANT, AND ME WANT NOW!
Re: New Hardcover Book: Transformers: Exodus: The Official History of the War for Cybertron (1048637)
Posted by lowman_x on February 18th, 2010 @ 8:16pm CST
I'll have to keep my optics peeled for this when it comes out. At 352 pages I'm thinking it's going to be damn comprehensive. Awesome!
Re: New Hardcover Book: Transformers: Exodus: The Official History of the War for Cybertron (1049487)
Posted by Stormer on February 21st, 2010 @ 4:47pm CST
ponycorn wrote:The answer is right in the title, "The official History of the War for Cybertron."

My biggest hope: Detailed geographic and political maps for Cybertron.

Ponycorn, my hope is that you're right - a referance book with all that great history stuff!

Hairball178 wrote:At first I assumed it was gonna be an art book like the one that came with my Final Fantasy XII strategy guid preorder a couple years ago. Right now it does look likely it's a novel, so it'll probably be something rooted in video game-continuity like the Halo novels.

And that's what my gutt is telling me, too.

I keep going to Amazon.com to see if any new details have been posted, but I think they're gonna keep us in suspense a little longer.
Re: New Hardcover Book: Transformers: Exodus: The Official History of the War for Cybertron (1049737)
Posted by Supreme Convoy on February 22nd, 2010 @ 4:01pm CST
Just re-reading this thread... for some reason, I was thinking it was an artbook.

It would be cool if it were in the style of World War Z.
Re: New Hardcover Book: Transformers: Exodus: The Official History of the War for Cybertron (1049792)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on February 22nd, 2010 @ 7:18pm CST
Mkall wrote:
UltraPrimal wrote:352 pages for a video game?! I wonder what's in this book.

I'll preorder it as soon as I know some more details

Well, of this version of Cybertron, I'm guessing.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #98 - Combiner Wars