Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

New Hasbro Trademark Application: Combiners

Transformers News: New Hasbro Trademark Application: Combiners

Thursday, June 28th, 2012 3:28PM CDT

Categories: Company News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 25,863

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Hasbro has filed a new trademark application with the United States Patent and Trademark Office, "COMBINERS". The trademark is listed under "Toy action figures, toy vehicles and toy robots convertible into other visual toy forms". Could there be a new line of combiner teams in the works? Speculate away in the Energon Pub!

(words only): COMBINERS

Standard Character claim: Yes

Current Status: New application will be assigned to an examining attorney approximately 3 months after filing date.

Date of Status: 2012-06-28

Filing Date: 2012-06-20

Transformed into a National Application: No

Registration Date: (DATE NOT AVAILABLE)

Register: Principal

Law Office Assigned: (NOT AVAILABLE)

If you are the applicant or applicant's attorney and have questions about this file, please contact the Trademark Assistance Center at TrademarkAssistanceCenter@uspto.gov

Current Location: 042 -New Application Processing

Date In Location: 2012-06-28

LAST APPLICANT(S)/OWNER(S) OF RECORD
1. HASBRO, INC.

Address:
HASBRO, INC.
1027 Newport Avenue
Pawtucket, RI 02862
United States
Legal Entity Type: Corporation
State or Country of Incorporation: Rhode Island
Phone Number: 401-727-5530
Fax Number: 401-709-6448

GOODS AND/OR SERVICES
International Class: 028
Class Status: Active
Toy action figures, toy vehicles and toy robots convertible into other visual toy forms
Basis: 1(b)
First Use Date: (DATE NOT AVAILABLE)
First Use in Commerce Date: (DATE NOT AVAILABLE)
Credit(s): USPTO
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Hasbro Trademark Application: Combiners (1395199)
Posted by craggy on June 28th, 2012 @ 3:31pm CDT
an agriculture themed toy line?
Re: New Hasbro Trademark Application: Combiners (1395200)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on June 28th, 2012 @ 3:34pm CDT
be afraid be very afraid, i know i am
Re: New Hasbro Trademark Application: Combiners (1395202)
Posted by El Duque on June 28th, 2012 @ 3:35pm CDT
craggy wrote:an agriculture themed toy line?


:lol:

Actually since I come from an agricultural background I would enjoy that.
Re: New Hasbro Trademark Application: Combiners (1395208)
Posted by njb902 on June 28th, 2012 @ 3:44pm CDT
that's odd. do they mean the farm equipment or transformers that well combine?
Re: New Hasbro Trademark Application: Combiners (1395210)
Posted by Twitchythe3rd on June 28th, 2012 @ 3:46pm CDT
Perhaps FoC Bruticus was just a prototype for future combiners?
Re: New Hasbro Trademark Application: Combiners (1395212)
Posted by Va'al on June 28th, 2012 @ 3:51pm CDT
El Duque wrote:
craggy wrote:an agriculture themed toy line?


:lol:

Actually since I come from an agricultural background I would enjoy that.


Re: New Hasbro Trademark Application: Combiners (1395215)
Posted by njb902 on June 28th, 2012 @ 3:59pm CDT
Va'al wrote:
El Duque wrote:
craggy wrote:an agriculture themed toy line?


:lol:

Actually since I come from an agricultural background I would enjoy that.




what on earth was that....hahahahahahahahahaha
Re: New Hasbro Trademark Application: Combiners (1395216)
Posted by coybrafett on June 28th, 2012 @ 4:01pm CDT
I'm hoping to get more classics combiner sets for the obvious reason. Bruticus is for sure coming. I would love to get my hands on a fall of cybertron version of The aerialbots to form superion.
Re: New Hasbro Trademark Application: Combiners (1395225)
Posted by Diem on June 28th, 2012 @ 4:19pm CDT
coybrafett wrote:I'm hoping to get more classics combiner sets for the obvious reason. Bruticus is for sure coming. I woul love to get my hands on a fall of cybertron version of The airealbots to form superion.

I'd rather get actual classics versions that turn into real things rather than made-uppy things but that's just me.
Re: New Hasbro Trademark Application: Combiners (1395226)
Posted by mattwhite924 on June 28th, 2012 @ 4:24pm CDT
Diem wrote:
coybrafett wrote:I'm hoping to get more classics combiner sets for the obvious reason. Bruticus is for sure coming. I woul love to get my hands on a fall of cybertron version of The airealbots to form superion.

I'd rather get actual classics versions that turn into real things rather than made-uppy things but that's just me.


As long as they make the central bot voyager sized I'll be happy.
Re: New Hasbro Trademark Application: Combiners (1395230)
Posted by NTESHFT on June 28th, 2012 @ 4:26pm CDT
I didn't know Hasbro was located in Rhode Island............just made a few Family Guy episodes even funnier.

When I see pics, then I'll ask questions.......
Re: New Hasbro Trademark Application: Combiners (1395231)
Posted by Anonymous on June 28th, 2012 @ 4:28pm CDT
YES YES YES

BLADES.

NOSECONE.

SKYDIVE.

BLOT.

DRAG STRIP.

RAMPAGE.

LONG HAUL.

NAUTILATOR.

ONSLAUGHT.

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES.
Re: New Hasbro Trademark Application: Combiners (1395234)
Posted by Cobalt Prime on June 28th, 2012 @ 4:30pm CDT
Aw you guys are ALL wrong!

I heard that they're going to be doing TransformersMarvelStarWars Crossovers Combiners! Imagine Optimus Prime as the center part with Iron Man as the right arm, Obi-Wan as the left arm (complete with light saber!), Hulk as the left leg, and Chewbacca as the right leg! "Optimus Prime! Super Avenger Jedi Master Mode!" Oh what fun! Yay! 8-}
Re: New Hasbro Trademark Application: Combiners (1395239)
Posted by Kibble on June 28th, 2012 @ 4:39pm CDT
coybrafett wrote:I'm hoping to get more classics combiner sets for the obvious reason. Bruticus is for sure coming. I woul love to get my hands on a fall of cybertron version of The airealbots to form superion.


More? The only official one I'm aware of is 'Devastator'...and I definitely don't need any more of that!

After seeing PCC and to an extent Bruticus as well, I'll hold off on getting too excited about this tidbit until we actually see something worth 'SQUEEing' over.
Re: New Hasbro Trademark Application: Combiners (1395241)
Posted by PrymeStriker on June 28th, 2012 @ 4:39pm CDT
TFP Constructicons are on their way, I can feel it.
Re: New Hasbro Trademark Application: Combiners (1395251)
Posted by Anonymous on June 28th, 2012 @ 5:12pm CDT
PrimeStriker wrote:TFP Constructicons are on their way, I can feel it.
If TFP has anything to do with this, I hope that this guy will be involved.
Re: New Hasbro Trademark Application: Combiners (1395255)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 28th, 2012 @ 5:24pm CDT
Well, NYCC did confirm that combiners are coming in Prime.

Where are you guys all getting this agriculture stuff from? :???:
Re: New Hasbro Trademark Application: Combiners (1395258)
Posted by Diem on June 28th, 2012 @ 5:32pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Well, NYCC did confirm that combiners are coming in Prime.

Where are you guys all getting this agriculture stuff from? :???:

I assume Combine Harvesters. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combine_harvester
Re: New Hasbro Trademark Application: Combiners (1395285)
Posted by robofreak on June 28th, 2012 @ 7:48pm CDT
It will be interesting to see what combiners we get.

Hasbro, please make all fgures like Onslaught and Silverbolt voyager class. That way the limbs don't look silly.
Re: New Hasbro Trademark Application: Combiners (1395294)
Posted by TulioDude on June 28th, 2012 @ 8:00pm CDT
Cant wait to see.
Re: New Hasbro Trademark Application: Combiners (1395310)
Posted by MGrotusque on June 28th, 2012 @ 8:34pm CDT
I personally believe that Hasbro should cease and desist all attempts at making combiner teams. they are TERRIBLE at it these days.

At least until they put serious thought into the design process and have a genuine concern for the proper "combiner" aesthetic.

Or hire employees/designer who actually do.
Re: New Hasbro Trademark Application: Combiners (1395341)
Posted by RAcast on June 28th, 2012 @ 9:40pm CDT
orangeitis wrote:
PrimeStriker wrote:TFP Constructicons are on their way, I can feel it.
If TFP has anything to do with this, I hope that this guy will be involved.


Yes yes yes yes yes. That is all. :)

If a combiner gets remade in Prime style, I really REALLY want it to be Abominus. The terrorcons have gotten FAR too little love and they just want to hug you and squeeze you and rip you to little bitty shreds! (Oh, and "stun" you... into dust. I'll never get over the G1 Decepticons definition of "stun.")
Re: New Hasbro Trademark Application: Combiners (1395342)
Posted by El Duque on June 28th, 2012 @ 9:43pm CDT
Until Hasbro shows us something a lot more impressive than FOC Bruticus I'll be sticking with the various third-parties for my combiner needs.
Re: New Hasbro Trademark Application: Combiners (1395346)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 28th, 2012 @ 9:47pm CDT
RAcast wrote:If a combiner gets remade in Prime style, I really REALLY want it to be Abominus. The terrorcons have gotten FAR too little love and they just want to hug you and squeeze you and rip you to little bitty shreds! (Oh, and "stun" you... into dust. I'll never get over the G1 Decepticons definition of "stun.")
The Prime Terrorcons aren't anything like the G1 Terrorcons. Or, are you asking for a giant robot zombie combiner? ;)
Re: New Hasbro Trademark Application: Combiners (1395350)
Posted by RAcast on June 28th, 2012 @ 9:53pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
RAcast wrote:If a combiner gets remade in Prime style, I really REALLY want it to be Abominus. The terrorcons have gotten FAR too little love and they just want to hug you and squeeze you and rip you to little bitty shreds! (Oh, and "stun" you... into dust. I'll never get over the G1 Decepticons definition of "stun.")
The Prime Terrorcons aren't anything like the G1 Terrorcons. Or, are you asking for a giant robot zombie combiner? ;)


Sorry, I mean Terrorcons, the G1 combiner team. Not the zombies. :lol:

But now that you say it...I really want a giant robot zombie combiner! :michaelbay:
Re: New Hasbro Trademark Application: Combiners (1395354)
Posted by Rated X on June 28th, 2012 @ 9:58pm CDT
Obviously Hasbro is reading up on future TFC and Fansproject plans. I dont think Hasbro has plans on giving us crap. They just want the word "combiners" for themselves while they can still get it.
Re: New Hasbro Trademark Application: Combiners (1395356)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 28th, 2012 @ 9:59pm CDT
RAcast wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
RAcast wrote:If a combiner gets remade in Prime style, I really REALLY want it to be Abominus. The terrorcons have gotten FAR too little love and they just want to hug you and squeeze you and rip you to little bitty shreds! (Oh, and "stun" you... into dust. I'll never get over the G1 Decepticons definition of "stun.")
The Prime Terrorcons aren't anything like the G1 Terrorcons. Or, are you asking for a giant robot zombie combiner? ;)


Sorry, I mean Terrorcons, the G1 combiner team. Not the zombies. :lol:

But now that you say it...I really want a giant robot zombie combiner! :michaelbay:
But that's what I mean. They wouldn't do Prime-styled versions of the G1 Terrorcons since there already are Prime Terrorcons that are very different. But, if they did, then they wouldn't/couldn't be "Terrorcons" due to the zombies already holding claim to that name. ;)
Re: New Hasbro Trademark Application: Combiners (1395363)
Posted by RAcast on June 28th, 2012 @ 10:09pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
RAcast wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
RAcast wrote:If a combiner gets remade in Prime style, I really REALLY want it to be Abominus. The terrorcons have gotten FAR too little love and they just want to hug you and squeeze you and rip you to little bitty shreds! (Oh, and "stun" you... into dust. I'll never get over the G1 Decepticons definition of "stun.")
The Prime Terrorcons aren't anything like the G1 Terrorcons. Or, are you asking for a giant robot zombie combiner? ;)

Sorry, I mean Terrorcons, the G1 combiner team. Not the zombies. :lol:
But now that you say it...I really want a giant robot zombie combiner! :michaelbay:
But that's what I mean. They wouldn't do Prime-styled versions of the G1 Terrorcons since there already are Prime Terrorcons that are very different. But, if they did, then they wouldn't/couldn't be "Terrorcons" due to the zombies already holding claim to that name. ;)

They could easily call them something else, like "Horrorcons" or something else entirely. *shrug* I'm not so concerned about names, I just want a modern Hun-gurrr that actually combines.
Re: New Hasbro Trademark Application: Combiners (1395371)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 28th, 2012 @ 10:22pm CDT
RAcast wrote:They could easily call them something else, like "Horrorcons" or something else entirely. *shrug* I'm not so concerned about names, I just want a modern Hun-gurrr that actually combines.
Glad to hear you feel that way, as I'm pretty sure a whole lot of other G1 fans would disagree and be mad that those whom they deem are "supposed to be" the Terrorcons would be using the "wrong" name.

Like, recall how the Triceratops Dinobots in Animated and Fall of Cybertron use he names "Snarl" and "Slug" respectively, and how a lot of G1 Slag fans hate that they're using the "wrong" names in those two cases? It's like that.

Calling a team of guys who homage the G1 Terrorcons anything other than "Terrorcons" is gonna upset some people. ;)

But, if it's just a few like only Hun-Gurr and maybe one other guy, then you just might be able to get away with it without getting others angry too much (though, some would probably still want all five to complete the set).

*sigh* This would be so much easier if Hasbro simply hadn't already applied the name "Terrorcon" to the Dark Energon zombies. #-o :HEADHURTS:
Re: New Hasbro Trademark Application: Combiners (1395378)
Posted by RAcast on June 28th, 2012 @ 10:38pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
RAcast wrote:They could easily call them something else, like "Horrorcons" or something else entirely. *shrug* I'm not so concerned about names, I just want a modern Hun-gurrr that actually combines.
Glad to hear you feel that way, as I'm pretty sure a whole lot of other G1 fans would disagree and be mad that those whom they deem are "supposed to be" the Terrorcons would be using the "wrong" name.

Like, recall how the Triceratops Dinobots in Animated and Fall of Cybertron use he names "Snarl" and "Slug" respectively, and how a lot of G1 Slag fans hate that they're using the "wrong" names in those two cases? It's like that.

Calling a team of guys who homage the G1 Terrorcons anything other than "Terrorcons" is gonna upset some people. ;)

But, if it's just a few like only Hun-Gurr and maybe one other guy, then you just might be able to get away with it without getting others angry too much (though, some would probably still want all five to complete the set).

*sigh* This would be so much easier if Hasbro simply hadn't already applied the name "Terrorcon" to the Dark Energon zombies. #-o :HEADHURTS:


I absolutely agree with you, but I'm not one to nitpick. *shrug* I just accept that no matter what happens, no matter how good it is, there will always be a vocal minority that hates it for one reason or another.
If they do ever end up doing a modern Cutthroat, I do very much hope they get the wings right this time. ._.; His wings only fold inward (toward the torso) if he's an arm, and it just don't work. xD
Re: New Hasbro Trademark Application: Combiners (1395379)
Posted by RAcast on June 28th, 2012 @ 10:39pm CDT
RAcast wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
RAcast wrote:They could easily call them something else, like "Horrorcons" or something else entirely. *shrug* I'm not so concerned about names, I just want a modern Hun-gurrr that actually combines.
Glad to hear you feel that way, as I'm pretty sure a whole lot of other G1 fans would disagree and be mad that those whom they deem are "supposed to be" the Terrorcons would be using the "wrong" name.

Like, recall how the Triceratops Dinobots in Animated and Fall of Cybertron use he names "Snarl" and "Slug" respectively, and how a lot of G1 Slag fans hate that they're using the "wrong" names in those two cases? It's like that.

Calling a team of guys who homage the G1 Terrorcons anything other than "Terrorcons" is gonna upset some people. ;)

But, if it's just a few like only Hun-Gurr and maybe one other guy, then you just might be able to get away with it without getting others angry too much (though, some would probably still want all five to complete the set).

*sigh* This would be so much easier if Hasbro simply hadn't already applied the name "Terrorcon" to the Dark Energon zombies. #-o :HEADHURTS:


I absolutely agree with you, but I'm not one to nitpick. *shrug* I just accept that no matter what happens, no matter how good it is, there will always be a vocal minority that hates it for one reason or another.
If they do ever end up doing a modern Cutthroat, I do very much hope they get the wings right this time. ._.; His wings only fold inward (toward the torso) if he's an arm, and it just doesn't work. xD
Re: New Hasbro Trademark Application: Combiners (1395414)
Posted by Noideaforaname on June 29th, 2012 @ 12:23am CDT
As much as I'd like to see even more Combiners, I'm expecting this to be related to FoC Bruticus and/or Kreo Devastator.

On the other hand, I'd imagine any legal work for those two would have been done months ago, long before we'd have seen any physical samples of the toys...
Re: New Hasbro Trademark Application: Combiners (1395451)
Posted by Anonymous on June 29th, 2012 @ 4:34am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:The Prime Terrorcons aren't anything like the G1 Terrorcons. Or, are you asking for a giant robot zombie combiner? ;)
If it's of the G1 Terrorcons done in a Zombie style loaded with dark energon for TFP... yeah, that would indeed be very awesome.

Two-headed zombie beasts, a zombie vulture(or whatever the fark Cutthroat was), etc. And the name "Abominus" is already pretty fitting for a monstrosity like that...

I WANT MY TFP ZOMBIE COMBINER ABOMINUS NOW :michaelbay:
Re: New Hasbro Trademark Application: Combiners (1395457)
Posted by LiverMatrix on June 29th, 2012 @ 5:03am CDT
I wonder could this mean that Hasbro have finally looked at the combiners the third parties are making? :-?
Surely by now they must see that there are people out there beating them at their own game with the likes of Hercules. They've got to see that it's a no brainer to make these things, as the market for them is definately there.
Re: New Hasbro Trademark Application: Combiners (1396005)
Posted by fenrir72 on June 30th, 2012 @ 8:23pm CDT
I hope Tomy would consider releasing the other G1 figs. As for Hasbro,well so long as it ain't looking like them movie toys............