New Hobby Magazine Images: Transformers Go!, Masterpiece, Generations

Transformers News: New Hobby Magazine Images: Transformers Go!, Masterpiece, Generations

Saturday, June 22nd, 2013 11:04AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 16,865

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

It's that time of the month again, the time when images from the latest issue of the various Japanese hobby magazines start popping up. Below we have images of the following Takara Tomy figuers:

Transformers Go!
  • Swordbot Samurai Team in their combined forms: GoKenzan, GoJinbu, GoGanoh
  • Swordbot Sinobi Team member G05 Gekisomaru
  • Predacon G07 Bakudora - Great shot of the new head mold
  • G06 Smokescreen
  • Campaign GoKezan kabuto

Transformers Masterpiece
  • MP-19 Smokescreen

Transformers Generations
  • TG-25 Orion Pax vs. Megatronus



New Hobby Magazine Images: Transformers Go!, Masterpiece, Generations

New Hobby Magazine Images: Transformers Go!, Masterpiece, Generations

New Hobby Magazine Images: Transformers Go!, Masterpiece, Generations

New Hobby Magazine Images: Transformers Go!, Masterpiece, Generations
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: New Hobby Magazine Images: Transformers Go!, Masterpiece, Generations (1497327)
Posted by PrymeStriker on June 22nd, 2013 @ 11:35am CDT
It's official: Transformers Go! Deluxe Smokescreen is ten times better than the Hasbro version. It would seem as though Beast Hunters Smokey has merely become a placeholder on my shelf. :APPLAUSE: :BOWDOWN: :KREMZEEK:
Re: New Hobby Magazine Images: Transformers Go!, Masterpiece, Generations (1497349)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on June 22nd, 2013 @ 12:57pm CDT
that ripclaw repaint is awesome.
Re: New Hobby Magazine Images: Transformers Go!, Masterpiece, Generations (1497350)
Posted by Slashercon on June 22nd, 2013 @ 1:00pm CDT
'Go Smokescreen looks miles better in vehicle mode compared to the Hasbro beast hunters version. Checkered doors FTW.
Re: New Hobby Magazine Images: Transformers Go!, Masterpiece, Generations (1497354)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 22nd, 2013 @ 1:19pm CDT
That Ripclaw redeco... definitely getting a Deathsaurus vibe off it. The deco says it, and the head looks very similar to how Deathsaurus's head is. :-?
Re: New Hobby Magazine Images: Transformers Go!, Masterpiece, Generations (1497359)
Posted by Superwheeljack on June 22nd, 2013 @ 1:31pm CDT
That smokescreen looks decent. Not as good as hasbros though.
Re: New Hobby Magazine Images: Transformers Go!, Masterpiece, Generations (1497360)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 22nd, 2013 @ 1:37pm CDT
Superwheeljack wrote:That smokescreen looks decent. Not as good as hasbros though.


No, Takara's is better. They got the deco right, whereas Hasbro did the door wing decos and the head (and a few others that haven't come to the top of my head) differently.
Re: New Hobby Magazine Images: Transformers Go!, Masterpiece, Generations (1497362)
Posted by Superwheeljack on June 22nd, 2013 @ 1:39pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:That Ripclaw redeco... definitely getting a Deathsaurus vibe off it. The deco says it, and the head looks very similar to how Deathsaurus's head is. :-?


Not really
http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/3/37/Deathsaurus1.jpg
Missing the beak and the alt isn't as gray as it should be
Re: New Hobby Magazine Images: Transformers Go!, Masterpiece, Generations (1497363)
Posted by Superwheeljack on June 22nd, 2013 @ 1:42pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
Superwheeljack wrote:That smokescreen looks decent. Not as good as hasbros though.


No, Takara's is better. They got the deco right, whereas Hasbro did the door wing decos and the head (and a few others that haven't come to the top of my head) differently.


I prefer hasbros more. I don't care about if it's show accurate or not. It looks much better.
Re: New Hobby Magazine Images: Transformers Go!, Masterpiece, Generations (1497369)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on June 22nd, 2013 @ 2:15pm CDT
show accuaracy aside, Takara's Smokescreen looks pretty dull. they didn't even bother to paint in the chest headlights
Re: New Hobby Magazine Images: Transformers Go!, Masterpiece, Generations (1497373)
Posted by PrymeStriker on June 22nd, 2013 @ 2:59pm CDT
grimdragon2001 wrote:show accuaracy aside, Takara's Smokescreen looks pretty dull. they didn't even bother to paint in the chest headlights


Checkered doors are dull but a red stripe is not? Explain that to me.
Re: New Hobby Magazine Images: Transformers Go!, Masterpiece, Generations (1497375)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on June 22nd, 2013 @ 3:21pm CDT
ill give it credit, the checkered door is a good touch and the vehicle mode looks good. the robot mode just dosn't do it for me. Hasbro's release may need a couple more touches to perfect it, but it's robot mode pops more to me.
Re: New Hobby Magazine Images: Transformers Go!, Masterpiece, Generations (1497410)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 22nd, 2013 @ 5:09pm CDT
Those look like the best pics we've gotten of Gekisomaru we've seen thus far.

Aside from the checkered doors, Hunter Smokescreen looks like he has even less paint than Hasbro's Smokescreen. Why is it so impossible for this character to have any toys that are decently-painted?! :BANG_HEAD:

Judging from that new head, Bakudora looks to be a male instead of a female.

Really HATE how Takara is treating the obviously IDW Orion Pax and Megatron toys as something that they're obviously not. :BOOM:

Superwheeljack wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:That Ripclaw redeco... definitely getting a Deathsaurus vibe off it. The deco says it, and the head looks very similar to how Deathsaurus's head is. :-?


Not really
http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/3/37/Deathsaurus1.jpg
Missing the beak and the alt isn't as gray as it should be
It's more of the BotCon 2005 Deathsaurus than the original:

Re: New Hobby Magazine Images: Transformers Go!, Masterpiece, Generations (1497412)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 22nd, 2013 @ 5:15pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Really HATE how Takara is treating the obviously IDW Orion Pax and Megatron toys as something that they're obviously not. :BOOM:


Yeah, I'm not too big on it, either. >:oP

[quote]
Superwheeljack wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:That Ripclaw redeco... definitely getting a Deathsaurus vibe off it. The deco says it, and the head looks very similar to how Deathsaurus's head is. :-?


Not really
http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/3/37/Deathsaurus1.jpg
Missing the beak and the alt isn't as gray as it should be
It's more of the BotCon 2005 Deathsaurus than the original:

 [/quote]

Yep, that about confirms it. Should they come up with a Thrilling 30 Star Saber toy (since we did see an IDW Star Saber design a month or two back, and this year's Classics theme is "IDW designs"), I might have to bite the bullet, import, and use this as a stand-in Classics Deathsaurus to go against said toy. :grin:
Re: New Hobby Magazine Images: Transformers Go!, Masterpiece, Generations (1497434)
Posted by craggy on June 22nd, 2013 @ 6:00pm CDT
Deathsauras or no, that Ripclaw looks amazing. Transmetal 2 Megatron lives again in the best paintjob I've seen so far for the Grimwing mold. Getting a bit of a Quickstrike and Blackarchnia vibe off the Laserback and ... Other One too.
Re: New Hobby Magazine Images: Transformers Go!, Masterpiece, Generations (1497438)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 22nd, 2013 @ 6:08pm CDT
craggy wrote:Transmetal 2 Megatron lives again in the best paintjob I've seen so far for the Grimwing mold. Getting a bit of a Quickstrike and Blackarchnia vibe off the Laserback and ... Other One too.


I haven't seen much of any of those, other than very blurry images. Anyone mind bringing in images?
Re: New Hobby Magazine Images: Transformers Go!, Masterpiece, Generations (1497450)
Posted by PrymeStriker on June 22nd, 2013 @ 6:59pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Aside from the checkered doors, Hunter Smokescreen looks like he has even less paint than Hasbro's Smokescreen. Why is it so impossible for this character to have any toys that are decently-painted?! :BANG_HEAD:


There's a difference between less paint when there's enough paint and less paint when there's too much. BH Smokescreen looks like a box of crayons with a head. Red, Yellow, and Blue when his color scheme only requires red and blue. Takara's Smokescreen has blue eyes, a sliver face, a red headcrest, an Autobot insignia, red shoulder stripes, checkered doors, utterly clear headlights in vehicle mode, blue stripes on the door, blue paint on the legs, and accurate knees; everything the Hasbro version lacks. It's clear which one is painted decently and which one was colored by a 7-year-old at a sit-in restaurant; the paint dial-back is for the better here.
Re: New Hobby Magazine Images: Transformers Go!, Masterpiece, Generations (1497466)
Posted by Manterax Prime on June 22nd, 2013 @ 7:54pm CDT
I have to agree that Hasbro's Smokescreen looks better.
Re: New Hobby Magazine Images: Transformers Go!, Masterpiece, Generations (1497480)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 22nd, 2013 @ 8:25pm CDT
craggy wrote:Deathsauras or no, that Ripclaw looks amazing. Transmetal 2 Megatron lives again in the best paintjob I've seen so far for the Grimwing mold.
Wait till you see "Dragotron Final Form". ;)

Mindmaster wrote:I haven't seen much of any of those, other than very blurry images. Anyone mind bringing in images?
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/mcdonalds-japan-dvd-screenshots-includes-transformers-go-predacons-and-black-abominus/27647/

PrymeStriker wrote:There's a difference between less paint when there's enough paint and less paint when there's too much. BH Smokescreen looks like a box of crayons with a head. Red, Yellow, and Blue when his color scheme only requires red and blue. Takara's Smokescreen has blue eyes, a sliver face, a red headcrest, an Autobot insignia, red shoulder stripes, checkered doors, utterly clear headlights in vehicle mode, blue stripes on the door, blue paint on the legs, and accurate knees; everything the Hasbro version lacks. It's clear which one is painted decently and which one was colored by a 7-year-old at a sit-in restaurant; the paint dial-back is for the better here.
Yet, with Takara's reputation of doing typically gorgeous decos, this one falls flat by using stale color hues with dull, faded tinting. Both Hasbro and Takara especially fail to realize that Smokescreen is silver, not bone white.

I wasn't expecting something exact, but was at least hoping for something close enough to, well, this (but with checkered doors).
Re: New Hobby Magazine Images: Transformers Go!, Masterpiece, Generations (1497487)
Posted by craggy on June 22nd, 2013 @ 8:39pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
craggy wrote:Deathsauras or no, that Ripclaw looks amazing. Transmetal 2 Megatron lives again in the best paintjob I've seen so far for the Grimwing mold.
Wait till you see "Dragotron Final Form". ;)

a google image search for the term brings up a lot of Transformers pics. Many of them not dragons at all. Care to enlighten those of us who're not aware of every facet of your mind?
Re: New Hobby Magazine Images: Transformers Go!, Masterpiece, Generations (1497489)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 22nd, 2013 @ 8:46pm CDT
craggy wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
craggy wrote:Deathsauras or no, that Ripclaw looks amazing. Transmetal 2 Megatron lives again in the best paintjob I've seen so far for the Grimwing mold.
Wait till you see "Dragotron Final Form". ;)

a google image search for the term brings up a lot of Transformers pics. Many of them not dragons at all. Care to enlighten those of us who're not aware of every facet of your mind?

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Combiner Wars Motormaster Voyager Class New Sealed - Time Remaining: 5 days 6 hours 3 minutes 1 second
Transformers Combiner Wars Silverbolt Voyager Class New Sealed - Time Remaining: 5 days 5 hours 48 minutes 53 seconds
Transformers Combiner Wars Armada Megatron Leader Class New Sealed - Time Remaining: 4 days 4 hours 4 minutes 53 seconds
Transformers Combiner Wars Starscream Leader Class New Sealed - Time Remaining: 5 days 6 hours 5 minutes 47 seconds
Transformers Beast Wars Airazor Basic Class 100% Complete - Time Remaining: 2 days 22 hours 57 minutes 46 seconds
New Transformers Generation Toy GT-1D Bulldozer Bonecrusher Devastator In Stock - Time Remaining: 3 days 7 hours 4 minutes 22 seconds
New Transformers Generation Toy GT-1C Navvy Scavenger Devastator Figure In Stock - Time Remaining: 3 days 6 hours 50 minutes 17 seconds
SANDSTORM G1 TRANSFORMERS Figure HASBRO, 1986 FREE SHIP - Time Remaining: 3 days 20 hours 45 minutes 33 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #148 - And Rom The Space Knight
Twincast / Podcast #148:
"And Rom The Space Knight"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, June 27th, 2016