Transformers News: New Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl, MP-18 Bluestreak, and MP-19 Smokescreen

Tuesday, September 10th, 2013 7:42AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 24,002

Transformers News: Re: MP Prowl & Streak - Official Images
Credit(s): Shogo Hasui

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl, MP-18 Bluestreak, and MP-19 Smokescreen (1516938)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 10th, 2013 @ 7:52am CDT
I like how they positioned the shoulder cannons on each show-accurately, with Prowl being the only one with no cannons deployed. :D
Re: New Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl, MP-18 Bluestreak, and MP-19 Smokescreen (1516950)
Posted by megatronus on September 10th, 2013 @ 9:19am CDT
The suspense is actually killing me.

Who's left for the '84 lineup?
Re: New Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl, MP-18 Bluestreak, and MP-19 Smokescreen (1516952)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 10th, 2013 @ 9:35am CDT
megatronus wrote:The suspense is actually killing me.

Who's left for the '84 lineup?
Hound
Ironhide
Jazz
Ligier (Mirage)
Ratchet
Sunstreaker
Trailbreaker

Cliff (Cliffjumper)
Gong (Brawn)
Gears
Charger (Windcharger)
Drag (Huffer)

A smaller Megatron

Bumble (Bumblebee) and Wheeljack are already confirmed.
Re: New Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl, MP-18 Bluestreak, and MP-19 Smokescreen (1516953)
Posted by Craver2707 on September 10th, 2013 @ 9:41am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
megatronus wrote:The suspense is actually killing me.

Who's left for the '84 lineup?
Hound
Ironhide
Jazz
Ligier (Mirage)
Ratchet
Sunstreaker
Trailbreaker

Cliff (Cliffjumper)
Gong (Brawn)
Gears
Charger (Windcharger)
Drag (Huffer)

A smaller Megatron

Bumble (Bumblebee) and Wheeljack are already confirmed.

I just wonder, if and when, they get to Hound if he'll be a Wrangler or a Willys. Or if they even mess with him considering the level of awesome that the Binaltech was.
Re: New Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl, MP-18 Bluestreak, and MP-19 Smokescreen (1516954)
Posted by megatronus on September 10th, 2013 @ 9:49am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Hound
Ironhide
Jazz
Ligier (Mirage)
Ratchet
Sunstreaker
Trailbreaker

Cliff (Cliffjumper)
Gong (Brawn)
Gears
Charger (Windcharger)
Drag (Huffer)
Thanks! This is a great list to have.

Sabrblade wrote:A smaller Megatron
No Shockwave or Reflector? :-?

Sabrblade wrote:Bumble (Bumblebee) and Wheeljack are already confirmed.
I preordered these guys the very day preorders were posted. Huzzah!
Re: New Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl, MP-18 Bluestreak, and MP-19 Smokescreen (1516955)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 10th, 2013 @ 9:56am CDT
megatronus wrote:No Shockwave or Reflector? :-?
They weren't toys released in 1984.
Re: New Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl, MP-18 Bluestreak, and MP-19 Smokescreen (1516956)
Posted by megatronus on September 10th, 2013 @ 10:00am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
megatronus wrote:No Shockwave or Reflector? :-?
They weren't toys released in 1984.

Ahhh - I see the confusion. When I say '84 lineup, I'm generally referring to the cartoon.
Re: New Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl, MP-18 Bluestreak, and MP-19 Smokescreen (1516958)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on September 10th, 2013 @ 10:06am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
megatronus wrote:No Shockwave or Reflector? :-?
They weren't toys released in 1984.

Reflector was released in the first year in Japan, 1985. The US had to wait another year :P
Re: New Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl, MP-18 Bluestreak, and MP-19 Smokescreen (1516959)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 10th, 2013 @ 10:08am CDT
megatronus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
megatronus wrote:No Shockwave or Reflector? :-?
They weren't toys released in 1984.

Well, they weren't in the '84 comics, either (which were the first TF fiction ever, coming in before, and even outliving, the cartoon).

Or at least, they weren't part of the main story in the '84 comics (any appearances by them were just nameless background filler or, in Shockwave's case, a cameo lead-in to the 1985 comics)
Re: New Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl, MP-18 Bluestreak, and MP-19 Smokescreen (1516960)
Posted by kirbenvost on September 10th, 2013 @ 10:09am CDT
Craver2707 wrote:

Mitsubishi would be most accurate. ;) G1 accuracy is the name of the game, so I'm sure he'd be even better than the Alt/BT mold.

These figures are looking so good, can't wait. Looks like the paint issue on Streak's crest has been fixed too, so that's nice.
Re: New Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl, MP-18 Bluestreak, and MP-19 Smokescreen (1516962)
Posted by megatronus on September 10th, 2013 @ 10:13am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
megatronus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
megatronus wrote:No Shockwave or Reflector? :-?
They weren't toys released in 1984.

Not a reader of the original comics. I read Autocracy and liked it, and hear MTME is amazing, so I ordered all the trade paperbacks of that series (and have the Monstrocity TP on preorder).

As seminal/pivotal as the comics are, I'm an animation guy through and through (which would make sense - I was born in '87, and watched Transformers reruns/video tapes until Beast Wars came out). Sometimes I forget people got into this hobby through other mediums. ;)
Re: New Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl, MP-18 Bluestreak, and MP-19 Smokescreen (1516978)
Posted by Cyberpath on September 10th, 2013 @ 12:10pm CDT
El Duque wrote:Takara Tomy staff designer Shogo Hasui has tweeted an image of their upcoming Transformers Masterpiece Nissan trio MP-17 Prowl, MP-18 Bluestreak, MP-19 Smokescreen. Prowl is due out late this month, followed by Bluestreak in October, and Smokescreen in December. Check out the image below.

Beautiful work.

This is how a robot that transforms into a car should look like -- handsome, proportional, heroic, with distinct features.

And the fact that they are based on actual cars makes it even better.
Re: New Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl, MP-18 Bluestreak, and MP-19 Smokescreen (1516990)
Posted by xyl360 on September 10th, 2013 @ 2:05pm CDT
Sexy. I cannot wait until I get my paws on them, especially Smokescreen :D!
Re: New Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl, MP-18 Bluestreak, and MP-19 Smokescreen (1516996)
Posted by Ravage XK on September 10th, 2013 @ 2:32pm CDT
Arrrrrrgggghhhh, just gimme!

These cannot be delivered fast enough. This is like collecting Binaltech again but with the proper alt/robot modes. I love this scale of figure the most.

Can humans hibernate? Can I just sleep until the first one arrives? Yes? That way I only have to wait until tomorrow.....with added bonus that I will miss a load of X Factor crap on the TV...DOUBLE BONUS.
Re: New Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl, MP-18 Bluestreak, and MP-19 Smokescreen (1517049)
Posted by EagleTron on September 10th, 2013 @ 8:15pm CDT
Re: New Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl, MP-18 Bluestreak, and MP-19 Smokescreen (1517060)
Posted by TimothyR on September 10th, 2013 @ 9:58pm CDT
Ravage XK wrote:Arrrrrrgggghhhh, just gimme!

man, i absolutely 100% agree with you.

i seriously cannot wait for these things.. i haven't been this excited for a toy since.... well, i don't know when. i LOVE the look of hot rod.. but he's not put together as well as mp10.. soundwave.. and the sideswipe mold.

when i was a kid, behind prime, prowl's death was the most sad to me. i just loved the look of him, the crest on his head, the door wings, the front of the car being his chest, all of those things are awesome.

EagleTron wrote:Them colors on Prowl and Smokescreen are smacking me rite in the face in a good may. Takara is the Man for making this masterpiece line better and better. That Bluestreak figure that's not even blue should be that last one to come out in December instead of Smokescreen.

yeah.. but you gotta save the best for last. (or at least the most unique)

i really hope he gets released before christmas. i hate when toys get released at the end of january.

Cyberpath wrote:

Beautiful work.

And the fact that they are based on actual cars makes it even better.

hey now, that's a bit discriminatory! there's room for all kinds of robots in the transformers universe!

but i do agree, they are handsome.

hopefully there's no running issues with the mold.
Re: New Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl, MP-18 Bluestreak, and MP-19 Smokescreen (1517062)
Posted by Naked Magnus on September 10th, 2013 @ 10:33pm CDT
This picture makes me want to own two of each, so that I can display them exactly like this: one in bot and one in alt mode.
Re: New Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl, MP-18 Bluestreak, and MP-19 Smokescreen (1517066)
Posted by TimothyR on September 10th, 2013 @ 11:27pm CDT
Re: New Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl, MP-18 Bluestreak, and MP-19 Smokescreen (1517067)
Posted by Naked Magnus on September 10th, 2013 @ 11:31pm CDT
TimothyR wrote:if hasbro ever gets around to releasing these.. i wonder how horribly they'll screw up smokescreen... compared to the henkei version, the hasbro deluxe was just atrocious.

Preach it. I told myself that I could live with the hasbro deluxe version to save cost, but I eventually could not stand it and bought the henkei version.
Re: New Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl, MP-18 Bluestreak, and MP-19 Smokescreen (1517071)
Posted by TimothyR on September 11th, 2013 @ 12:51am CDT
Naked Magnus wrote:

i bought the hasbro version just to hold me over until the takara version was released lol.

it's insane how much better the henkei version looks.. same goes for dinobot. i don't quite understand it.. is it cost? or is takara just trying harder? i know that takara has more competition in japan.. but still, why doesn't hasbro care about giving us the best possible product. i can get over the chrome.. especially when it comes to classic figures. but the paint being so much worse baffles me.

i mean, c'mon.