New Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Spike in Excel Suit

Wednesday, March 19th, 2014 10:35PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 16,897

Here's the latest Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Tweet from Takara Tomy designer Shogo Hasui, a closer look at the included Excel suit. His tweet identifies the occupant of the suit as Spike. Check out the image mirrored below:

MP-21 Bumble, scheduled for release in November, comes with Spike wearing an exo-suit. While small-scale, it can transform to vehicle mode without parts forming, and has good posability.

Transformers News: Re: Official Takara Tomy MP-21 Masterpiece Bumblebee Discussion
Credit(s): Shogo Hasui

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Spike in Excel Suit (1558865)
Posted by zodconvoy on March 19th, 2014 @ 10:45pm CDT
El Duque wrote:Here's the latest Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Tweet from Takara Tomy designer Shogo Hasui, Spike in his Excel suit. That's right, contrary to previous info Hasui's Tweet identifies the occupant of the Excel suit as Spike. Check out the image mirrored below:

[quote]The MP-21 Bumble of the month will be released, spike wearing the suit Excel is attached.
While small-scale, in addition to complete transformation without replacement to vehicle mode, posing also enabled some.

[/quote]

Well of course it was Spike.
Re: New Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Spike in Excel Suit (1558867)
Posted by Stormrider on March 19th, 2014 @ 10:48pm CDT

[/quote]

Based on those screws, I would say that Spike is about a head taller than Rumble
Re: New Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Spike in Excel Suit (1558872)
Posted by Crosscheck on March 19th, 2014 @ 11:11pm CDT
Even if it lacks an inspiring alternate mode, this is one of the most exciting parts about this MP. It lets me have my favorite Transformer and one of the things I have wanted since the movie came out all those years ago, the Exo Suit.
Re: New Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Spike in Excel Suit (1558873)
Posted by Mkall on March 19th, 2014 @ 11:15pm CDT
I wouldn't mind getting this thing for my classics collection
Re: New Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Spike in Excel Suit (1558874)
Posted by VioMeTriX on March 19th, 2014 @ 11:27pm CDT
Mkall wrote:I wouldn't mind getting this thing for my classics collection

why not get it for your masterpiece collection?
Re: New Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Spike in Excel Suit (1558876)
Posted by megatronus on March 19th, 2014 @ 11:41pm CDT
I'm pretty excited about this Spike.

While I'm not 100% thrilled with the vehicle mode on 'Bee, I'm definitely psyched for the set as a whole.
Re: New Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Spike in Excel Suit (1558880)
Posted by Mkall on March 20th, 2014 @ 12:01am CDT
VioMeTriX wrote:
Mkall wrote:I wouldn't mind getting this thing for my classics collection

why not get it for your masterpiece collection?

Because I don't have a Masterpiece collection.
Re: New Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Spike in Excel Suit (1558885)
Posted by zodconvoy on March 20th, 2014 @ 2:20am CDT
Mkall wrote:Because I don't have a Masterpiece collection.

It's a good time to start. I hadn't gotten any since MP Rodimus from TRU in 2011 but since September I've gotten TRU Soundwave & cassettes, Nemesis Prime, Prowl, Sideswipe, Streak, G2 Sideswipe, plus I've got the KO of MP-10 Optimus and Fans Toys Quake Wave (MP Shockwave) both on the way. I'm selling my off Classics for space but just replacing them with MP's.
Re: New Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Spike in Excel Suit (1558890)
Posted by toyskingstudio on March 20th, 2014 @ 4:12am CDT
:DANCE: this is exciting!
Re: New Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Spike in Excel Suit (1558895)
Posted by craggy on March 20th, 2014 @ 4:37am CDT
this is the reason i'm keeping my MP Bee pre-order. The yellow bot himself is pretty decent, but I might have passed if not for Spike in the exo-suit.
Re: New Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Spike in Excel Suit (1558903)
Posted by TimothyR on March 20th, 2014 @ 6:27am CDT
i used to pretend i had one of these suits when i was younger.. those were the days.

i can't wait for this.
Re: New Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Spike in Excel Suit (1558907)
Posted by Stormrider on March 20th, 2014 @ 6:50am CDT
zodconvoy wrote:
Mkall wrote:Because I don't have a Masterpiece collection.

Re: New Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Spike in Excel Suit (1558908)
Posted by leakin' lubricant on March 20th, 2014 @ 7:07am CDT
Mkall wrote:
VioMeTriX wrote:
Mkall wrote:I wouldn't mind getting this thing for my classics collection

why not get it for your masterpiece collection?

Because I don't have a Masterpiece collection.

I'm with you on this, he looks around the same size as Classics Bee, if so he is deffo making it into my Classics colletion, I also don't collect Masterpiece BTW.
Re: New Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Spike in Excel Suit (1558918)
Posted by Mkall on March 20th, 2014 @ 9:25am CDT
Stormrider wrote:Wow Mkall, I always figured you had a Masterpiece collection because you have always shown a lot of interest in the discussions. I am curious what is holding you back? Cost, size, etc?

The cost wouldn't phase me, but I've spent so much time and energy into amassing my Classics/Generations collection that I don't want to start over.

They also come out so very slowly. I like having a massive army of Autobots and Decepticons. It would feel so very incomplete to me to have only 6ish Autobots and 10ish decepticons.
Re: New Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Spike in Excel Suit (1558959)
Posted by KirbyForce1 on March 20th, 2014 @ 12:59pm CDT
They should include Daniel with MP-22 Ultra Magnus. Also, we need a new Masterpiece Hot Rod that's in proper scale with the Masterpiece car Autobots.
Re: New Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Spike in Excel Suit (1558960)
Posted by KirbyForce1 on March 20th, 2014 @ 1:00pm CDT
Re: New Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Spike in Excel Suit (1558967)
Posted by zodconvoy on March 20th, 2014 @ 1:26pm CDT
Mkall wrote:

That's pretty much where I'm at right now. Granted, I've been getting MPs since they came out so I have Walmart Starscream & Skywarp and Grimlock but if you're willing to let 3rd party stuff in there's iGears Ironhide and Ratchet (which, like Quake Wave, are going to be pretty hard to beat).
Re: New Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Spike in Excel Suit (1558971)
Posted by ScottyP on March 20th, 2014 @ 1:34pm CDT
Re: New Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Spike in Excel Suit (1558987)
Posted by mooncake623 on March 20th, 2014 @ 3:10pm CDT
ScottyP wrote:Bumblebee and Spike are looking nice, now we need a Cliffjumper and Jazz to complete the Moon Base crews :grin:

Well, we do have the Moon base two crew here.
Re: New Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Spike in Excel Suit (1559011)
Posted by Ultra Markus on March 20th, 2014 @ 6:42pm CDT
maybe there will be a MP Wheelie or Arcee with Daniel in an exosuit sometime in the future :-?

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Takaratomy United Darkside Megatron New No Box - Time Remaining: 7 days 3 hours 48 minutes 50 seconds
Transformers DOTM Movie SENTINEL PRIME - Dark of the Moon - New Leader Class - Time Remaining: 7 days 5 hours 20 minutes 1 second
Autobot Ratchet figure TRANSFORMERS DOTM Deluxe Class Dark of the Moon MOC Rare - Time Remaining: 7 days 5 hours 20 minutes 19 seconds
Transformers Age of Extinction Voyager Class Slog NEW! Dinobot Apatosaurus - Time Remaining: 7 days 16 hours 33 minutes 13 seconds
Transformers Generations 30th JETFIRE Leader Class NIB (QWP 46) - Time Remaining: 5 days 19 hours 19 minutes 9 seconds
Transformers Animated Autobot Voyager Class Grimlock Action Figure - Time Remaining: 6 days 50 minutes 31 seconds
Transformers Cindersaur & Smokescreen Beast Hunters Predacons Rising Figure Set - Time Remaining: 7 days 12 hours 11 minutes 9 seconds
Thrust Target 100% Complete 6 Inch Titanium Transformers - SHARP - box optional - Time Remaining: 5 days 19 hours 1 minute 55 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #153 - Last Knights of Cybertron
"Last Knights of Cybertron"
Posted: Monday, August 15th, 2016