New Images: Asian Exclusive Reissue G1 Sixshot

Transformers News: New Images: Asian Exclusive Reissue G1 Sixshot

Friday, July 27th, 2012 10:35AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News, Sponsor News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 28,458

Site sponsor Robotkingdom is on site at Ani-Con & Games Hong Kong 2012, and has posted new images of the Asian market exclusive reissue G1 Sixhot from Hasbro's display. This reissue features metallic paint, chromed weapons, and premium book style packaging. Images mirrored below.

Credit(s): Robotkingdom

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Images: Asian Exclusive Reissue G1 Sixshot (1404779)
Posted by RhA on July 27th, 2012 @ 10:57am CDT
Up untill now I was under the impression that this was a Takara reissue. It's Hasbro... Sorta surprises me.
Re: New Images: Asian Exclusive Reissue G1 Sixshot (1404780)
Posted by fenrir72 on July 27th, 2012 @ 10:57am CDT
looking verrrrrrry nice! Great shot please?
Re: New Images: Asian Exclusive Reissue G1 Sixshot (1404783)
Posted by Trikeboy on July 27th, 2012 @ 11:09am CDT
Looks great but I'm not willing to pay what they are wanting. you can get a 100% complete original Sixshot for less on ebay.
Re: New Images: Asian Exclusive Reissue G1 Sixshot (1404785)
Posted by Balgorra on July 27th, 2012 @ 11:18am CDT
Since this is a Hasbro release I wonder what are the chances of it getting released here in the US.
Re: New Images: Asian Exclusive Reissue G1 Sixshot (1404829)
Posted by wolverinetodd on July 27th, 2012 @ 1:15pm CDT
Re: New Images: Asian Exclusive Reissue G1 Sixshot (1404830)
Posted by El Duque on July 27th, 2012 @ 1:29pm CDT
wolverinetodd wrote:I want to know what the latest news is on the 3rd party Sixshot, the one that has all those points of articulation and still transforms into six different modes. I haven't seen or heard anything since the prototype was displayed at one of the conventions earlier in the year.

It's supposed to be out Oct/Nov.
Re: New Images: Asian Exclusive Reissue G1 Sixshot (1404836)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 27th, 2012 @ 1:41pm CDT
The figure looks so BIG in these pics. I mean really BIG!!! :shock:
Re: New Images: Asian Exclusive Reissue G1 Sixshot (1404838)
Posted by RhA on July 27th, 2012 @ 2:00pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:The figure looks so BIG in these pics. I mean really BIG!!! :shock:

NOt counting the wings makes him about combiners height. Wings put him at God Ginrai's height.
Re: New Images: Asian Exclusive Reissue G1 Sixshot (1404840)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 27th, 2012 @ 2:14pm CDT
RhA wrote:

Ah, okay. Then he's as big as I expected him to be.

These pics just make him look bigger, jet and gun modes especially.
Re: New Images: Asian Exclusive Reissue G1 Sixshot (1404897)
Posted by Balgorra on July 27th, 2012 @ 5:50pm CDT
I remember having him as a kid and his was on of the bigger ones that I had.
Re: New Images: Asian Exclusive Reissue G1 Sixshot (1404933)
Posted by KNM2012 on July 27th, 2012 @ 8:06pm CDT
Much like RhA, I thought that this was a Takara Tomy release. Especially since they did Alternity's "Dai Atras" and the Asian Market "QC variant" (Quality Control joke) Devastator.

But seeing how I still do not like the appearance of the box, do not like both the unneeded chrome and "metallic" paint, and no longer buy Hasbro-based Transformers... Three strikes, and it is definitely out of my collection list.

(Now if Takara Tomy will do an Encore version... Then I'll prepare to have the cash in my hand.)
Re: New Images: Asian Exclusive Reissue G1 Sixshot (1404962)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on July 27th, 2012 @ 9:49pm CDT
Last week when I wnet to collect my AM Knockout and Starscream, the hobby shop owner was practically begging me to buy one of these Sixshot reissues.

Didn't buy it, though. Couldn't afford it as a kid back then, so it holds no nostalgic value to me.

Seems like they ain't selling so well in Asia, or at least in my neck of the woods.
Re: New Images: Asian Exclusive Reissue G1 Sixshot (1404967)
Posted by RAcast on July 27th, 2012 @ 10:10pm CDT
As much as I'd love to pick up Sixshot, they're asking far too much. It really is a shame too, when I first heard the words "Sixshot Reissue" I was expecting an affordable solution to my Sixshot problem (i.e. I don't have one :P and I love everything about it). But no luck for the community on that mark.
Re: New Images: Asian Exclusive Reissue G1 Sixshot (1404973)
Posted by xyl360 on July 27th, 2012 @ 10:35pm CDT
I didn't realize this was a Hasbro release either. That explains why only one part of it (the chest) have new metallic paint (Takara likely would have painted the entire figure in metallic paints, or at LEAST all the teal/green parts).

I'll keep it in the POL for now, but I'll definitely be considering cancelling, especially if something sweeter comes along that's worth $200 to me between now and then.
Re: New Images: Asian Exclusive Reissue G1 Sixshot (1405024)
Posted by atffan on July 28th, 2012 @ 4:13am CDT
Re: New Images: Asian Exclusive Reissue G1 Sixshot (1405043)
Posted by KNM2012 on July 28th, 2012 @ 6:22am CDT
atffan wrote:I don't know... It's kinda selfish for my part, but I just wish Takara or Hasbro will stop reissuing G1 toys. That's the reason why I'm selling most of my G1 toys, I'm afraid that TF toys I kept will no longer be rare or unique even if it's original. :-(

In the case of Transformers, I have to strongly believe that you should have absolutely no worries about that. :lol:

Lets use Predaking as an example: There were the individual box sets, then the first Japanese gift set, the second (first reissue) Japanese giftset, and the third (second reissue) Japanese giftset. The first reissue, in terms of the giftset, was the same packaging but sported an additional label. The second giftset not only sported a completely new box, but also sported what some might refer to as the more "cartoon/anime accurate colors" for the characters in the set.

Beyond that, Takara has a long history of making subtle differences when it comes to reissues. Be it Ginrai or even Henkei! Hot Rodimus. They always try to make the differences be tied to everything or anything from subtle paint/color differences to both the boxing and how it was packaged.

In other words, while I nothing when it comes to Hasbro's work with the franchise these days (besides the difference they do when they issue their own version of certain characters)... I can reassure you that if they do an Encore of Galvatron, Sixshot, Fortress Maximus, or any other character we are clamoring for, they will have changes that keep your collection from losing their uniqueness and value. ;)
Re: New Images: Asian Exclusive Reissue G1 Sixshot (1405045)
Posted by MightyMagnus78 on July 28th, 2012 @ 6:36am CDT
I really wanted him, but I simply can't justify the expense. :-(
Re: New Images: Asian Exclusive Reissue G1 Sixshot (1405049)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on July 28th, 2012 @ 7:11am CDT
Hmmm... Hasbro? Well so it will see regular retail in asia? Preorders from collector shops here (in asia) are not selling well too... Price has gone down $10 since it was listed. Well, you coulld buy a legit g1 for slightly cheaper than that price ...
Re: New Images: Asian Exclusive Reissue G1 Sixshot (1405244)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 28th, 2012 @ 10:25pm CDT
Re: New Images: Asian Exclusive Reissue G1 Sixshot (1405294)
Posted by xyl360 on July 29th, 2012 @ 2:56am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Wait a sec. The last images we saw of this figure CLEARLY had the TakaraTomy logo on the box. Maybe it's just being distributed by Hasbro Asia instead of "released" by them?

I bet you're right. Even BBTS lists it as 'by Takara' not 'by Hasbro', and I'm pretty sure their supplier IS the manufacturer in the case of both companies, so if it were coming from Hasbro, BBTS would know it because that's who they'd be getting their order/invoice info from for stocking preorders.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers 2003 Commemorative Series 6 SMOKESCREEN Autobot  #80693 - Time Remaining: 15 days 3 hours 19 minutes 21 seconds
Transformers Combiner Wars Skywarp - Time Remaining: 3 days 8 hours 4 minutes 41 seconds
TRANSFORMERS Beast Hunters Predacons PREDAKING Construct Bots Exclusive NRFB - Time Remaining: 2 days 23 hours 4 minutes 40 seconds
OPTIMUS PRIME VOYAGER C-01 TRANSFORMERS TAKARA TOMY JAPANESE CLASSICS FIGURE - Time Remaining: 2 days 8 hours 7 minutes 54 seconds
Hot Transformers X-Transbots X Club MX-I Megatron Apollyon second batch - Time Remaining: 8 days 4 hours 53 minutes 36 seconds
Transformers Combiner Wars Scattershot - Time Remaining: 3 days 8 hours 25 minutes 26 seconds
JUSTITOYS & TRANSFORMERS G1 WST Dinobot Grimlock Slag 5 Figures Set Goodbye Ver. - Time Remaining: 1 day 13 hours 40 minutes 57 seconds
ART FEATHER AF Transformers BUMBLEBEE BEETLE GOLDBUG G1 ANIMATION VER. NEW - Time Remaining: 1 day 19 hours 11 minutes 7 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #153 - Last Knights of Cybertron
"Last Knights of Cybertron"
Posted: Monday, August 15th, 2016