New Images Asian Market Exclusive Specialist: Decepticon Set

Transformers News: New Images Asian Market Exclusive Specialist: Decepticon Set

Friday, March 14th, 2014 8:04AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 21,523

The official Transformers Asia website has posted images of the upcoming Specialist: Decepticons set. This set consists of reissues of Classics Astrotrain, Universe 2.0 Galvatron, and Universe 2.0 Tankor (Octane). Each features a new deco, and special collectors style packaging. As an added bonus, sets purchased from select Asian retailers will get a Decepticon faction earphone plug cap. Enjoy the images mirrored below:

Transformers News: Re: New Hasbro Asia Exclusives: Decepticon and Autobot Specialists

Credit(s): Transformers Asia

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Images Asian Market Exclusive Specialist: Decepticon Set (1557505)
Posted by GuyIncognito on March 14th, 2014 @ 8:15am CDT
I really like the paint jobs on all three. If it weren't for the inflated price due to importing, I'd buy this set in a heartbeat.
Re: New Images Asian Market Exclusive Specialist: Decepticon Set (1557507)
Posted by Primeultimus on March 14th, 2014 @ 8:23am CDT
Galvatron looks amazing.

Each one of these sets are going on my shelf!
Re: New Images Asian Market Exclusive Specialist: Decepticon Set (1557508)
Posted by shajaki on March 14th, 2014 @ 8:23am CDT
ha! even they cant transform galvatron right :P

but daaamn.... they look good. especially galvatron. i think that mold gets a bad wrap. sure it could have been better or bigger, but ive always liked it. octane/tankor sucks but i still need one, and that astrotrain is juuust different and shiney enough to replace my henkei. but where did those orange windows come from?
Re: New Images Asian Market Exclusive Specialist: Decepticon Set (1557510)
Posted by frogbat on March 14th, 2014 @ 8:39am CDT
if there were 3 figures hastak should revisit from the generations line and make them bigger...

galvatron is perhaps one of the worse figures due to the over complicated transformation and small size. A voyager or the new leader size would be better. He actually does look good in both modes I think but for a deluxe toy there was definitely no fun factor.

astrotrain was great at his time, but he deservers a voyager size at least

octane - i have a love hate relationship with both the g1 and the generations update.. they both feel half baked.

Maybe they can get the guy who designed springer /sandstorm on the case

having said that, the new colour schemes do improve the toys.
Re: New Images Asian Market Exclusive Specialist: Decepticon Set (1557513)
Posted by fenrir72 on March 14th, 2014 @ 8:48am CDT
I like how the colors are more homogenized especially on Galvatron.
Re: New Images Asian Market Exclusive Specialist: Decepticon Set (1557514)
Posted by mooncake623 on March 14th, 2014 @ 8:54am CDT
I like henkei astrotrain better. but that is probably the best looking Galvatron
Re: New Images Asian Market Exclusive Specialist: Decepticon Set (1557521)
Posted by Mkall on March 14th, 2014 @ 9:26am CDT
It's a shame they're still using that crappy Galvatron.
Re: New Images Asian Market Exclusive Specialist: Decepticon Set (1557522)
Posted by megatronus on March 14th, 2014 @ 9:26am CDT
The paint is great - I definitely can appreciate Hasbro Asia's use of metallics and gloss paints instead of chromed everything. As with the Seeker 3-packs, I eagerly await clearance prices. If those never come, I'll learn to live without them, but damn...
Re: New Images Asian Market Exclusive Specialist: Decepticon Set (1557533)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on March 14th, 2014 @ 10:08am CDT
Very nice! That deco for Galvatron is the best yet. I've also wanted a screen accurate Astrotrain for a while now, and I can feel free to skip the Henkei version with it's random chrome parts. Octane gets the award for "Least Improved." He's basically just "shinier" than before. Regardless, I'm glad to have these on preorder! :)
Re: New Images Asian Market Exclusive Specialist: Decepticon Set (1557537)
Posted by SentinelA on March 14th, 2014 @ 10:18am CDT
The only one worth having in this group is Astrotrain.
Re: New Images Asian Market Exclusive Specialist: Decepticon Set (1557543)
Posted by Rated X on March 14th, 2014 @ 10:58am CDT
Re: New Images Asian Market Exclusive Specialist: Decepticon Set (1557544)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on March 14th, 2014 @ 11:00am CDT
Gimme that Galvatron Astrotrain! Gimme! :shock:
Re: New Images Asian Market Exclusive Specialist: Decepticon Set (1557546)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on March 14th, 2014 @ 11:15am CDT
Re: New Images Asian Market Exclusive Specialist: Decepticon Set (1557549)
Posted by Mindmaster on March 14th, 2014 @ 11:20am CDT
I wouldn't mind owning this set. My Galvatron's hips like to pop out all the time, my Octane's joints are so loose they practically flop around (it's amazing how he even stands), and I've yet to even pick up Astrotrain. No big loss if I don't get it, though.
Re: New Images Asian Market Exclusive Specialist: Decepticon Set (1557550)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on March 14th, 2014 @ 11:24am CDT
Bumblevivisector wrote:Between this deco and apparently intentional mistransformation of the tank mode (or is "mis-" not the right prefix when the back of the box confirms it?), Galvy's Universe toy seriously looks better than I ever thought possible. But I just can't quite justify buying any of these 3 a second time.

Even stock photos can get transformations wrong... What am I saying, they hardly ever get them 100% right!

I can understand why though, the barrel is notoriously hard to get between the halves of the turret, so I could see the photographers not bothering.
Re: New Images Asian Market Exclusive Specialist: Decepticon Set (1557558)
Posted by shajaki on March 14th, 2014 @ 11:49am CDT
Rated X wrote:A little late to finally get galvatrons paint deco right. Mania king has rendered the hasbro mold pointless.

not nessesarily. im a big fan of mania kings mold, but it has enough wrong with it to make me hesitate. unposable wrists, floppy legs, and white where there should be grey (legs part i heard from reviewers). not saying hastaks galvy is better by any means, just that this is the best color variation yet. and id be lying if i said over time it hasnt grown on me.

for the record, i will probably end up buying mania king anyways. but i have my reservations.
Re: New Images Asian Market Exclusive Specialist: Decepticon Set (1557580)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on March 14th, 2014 @ 1:15pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Well, the reason I think it's intentional is that this configuration actually looks better. That is, the top achieves more elements of his original cannon mode. He finally looks less like Galvatron-in-his-cunning-Brunt-disguise, and more like just plain Galvatron.

I had forgotten about the difficulty of transforming his turret though, because I just wasn't excited enough about this mold to transform it much after opening.
Re: New Images Asian Market Exclusive Specialist: Decepticon Set (1557636)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 14th, 2014 @ 6:06pm CDT
Re: New Images Asian Market Exclusive Specialist: Decepticon Set (1557639)
Posted by craggy on March 14th, 2014 @ 6:15pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:They finally remembered that Galvatron was blue violet in the cartoon instead of purple violet.

yeah, the colours on this version are pretty nice.

shame about the actual toy.
Octane isn't bad, and I do like the original toy, but I'm not seeing a need to upgrade until we get a Voyager version.
I'd have that Astrotrain in a heartbeat if I didn't have to buy the other two.
Re: New Images Asian Market Exclusive Specialist: Decepticon Set (1560294)
Posted by El Duque on March 26th, 2014 @ 8:37am CDT
We have some updated official images of the Asian market exclusive Specialist: Decepticons three-pack from Takara Tomy Mall. This set consists of reissues of Classics Astrotrain, Universe 2.0 Galvatron, and Universe 2.0 Tankor (Octane). Each features a new deco, and special collectors style packaging.

Ending Soon On eBay

Predaking Predacon Leader Beast Hunters Transformers - Time Remaining: 6 days 6 hours 58 minutes 9 seconds
TRANSFORMERS Classic Universe 2.0 Generations Deluxe DARKMOUNT Figure Complete - Time Remaining: 5 days 20 hours 43 minutes 45 seconds
TRANSFORMERS Classic Universe RID Deluxe Class MIRAGE Figure Complete w/ Manual - Time Remaining: 4 days 7 hours 58 minutes 45 seconds
TRANSFORMERS METROPLEX SDCC Exclusive Generations Titan Class MIB COMPLETE 2013 - Time Remaining: 5 days 20 hours 29 minutes 8 seconds
Transformers Beast Wars TransMetals Mega Optimus Primal Prime Ape Kenner Hasbro - Time Remaining: 4 days 4 hours 29 minutes 24 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Skywarp Universe Masterpiece Wal Mart Exclusive - Time Remaining: 4 days 7 hours 30 minutes 1 second
SDCC 2016 Transformers Generations Masterpiece Edition G1 Bumblebee Figure - Time Remaining: 2 days 6 hours 8 seconds
Transformers Movie 2007 Voyager Megatron Best Buy Limited Metallic Finish - Time Remaining: 4 days 14 hours 30 minutes 26 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #155 - Pillarboxed