Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

New Images of 2012 International Tokyo Toy Show Exclusive United Black Optimus Prime

Transformers News: New Images of 2012 International Tokyo Toy Show Exclusive United Black Optimus Prime

Tuesday, June 12th, 2012 8:15AM CDT

Categories: Event News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 23,841

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Courtesy of Hisashi Yuki's Twitter account we two new images of the 2012 International Tokyo Toy Show exclusive United Black Optimus Prime. We've mirrored the images below. This figure along with a crystal version of Transformers Prime "First Edition" Voyager Optimus Prime will be available at this weekend's show.

Image

Image
Credit(s): Hisashi Yuki
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Images of 2012 International Tokyo Toy Show Exclusive United Black Optimus Prime (1389111)
Posted by Banjo-Tron on June 12th, 2012 @ 8:44am CDT
So glad I am over my Nemesis Prime phase, or I would be dropping serious cash on this.
Re: New Images of 2012 International Tokyo Toy Show Exclusive United Black Optimus Prime (1389114)
Posted by rpetras on June 12th, 2012 @ 9:04am CDT
I like the black prime, and I even like it better than the older SDCC one HTS had (the red windows rock!)

But I don't like it $100 better than the one I have, so it's a pass.

Clear variants are not my thing, so that is not at all tempting my wallet.
Re: New Images of 2012 International Tokyo Toy Show Exclusive United Black Optimus Prime (1389117)
Posted by GuyIncognito on June 12th, 2012 @ 9:17am CDT
Still the best Prime mold of all-time, IMO.
Re: New Images of 2012 International Tokyo Toy Show Exclusive United Black Optimus Prime (1389133)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 12th, 2012 @ 10:20am CDT
"Black Optimus Prime" (ブラックオプティマスプライム Burakku Oputimasu Puraimu)

:-B
Re: New Images of 2012 International Tokyo Toy Show Exclusive United Black Optimus Prime (1389147)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on June 12th, 2012 @ 11:14am CDT
I only hope the integrity of the mold for United Prime is good if not fare considering mold degradation. :PRAY: :VEHI:
Re: New Images of 2012 International Tokyo Toy Show Exclusive United Black Optimus Prime (1389157)
Posted by Kibble on June 12th, 2012 @ 12:02pm CDT
rpetras wrote:I like the black prime, and I even like it better than the older SDCC one HTS had (the red windows rock!)

But I don't like it $100 better than the one I have, so it's a pass.


+1. I've been wrestling with this since the pre-orders went up. While I think it definitely looks nicer, it's still $100 and not much different than what I already have...and it would represent the same character in my collection. Just isn't seeming like a $100 upgrade. Especially when I know I'll just take it out of the package, throw it on the shelf, and forget about it. If they somehow come down in price 8 months from now I'll probably jump at it...otherwise I think I'll just have to live without it.

That said, if anyone is looking for a pre-order from BBTS, let me know as I'll be canceling mine in the near future.
Re: New Images of 2012 International Tokyo Toy Show Exclusive United Black Optimus Prime (1389167)
Posted by Sodan-1 on June 12th, 2012 @ 12:49pm CDT
GuyIncognito wrote:Still the best Prime mold of all-time, IMO.

Depending what day of the week it is I might agree with you on that one. I certainly don't think it deserves the stick it gets from some collectors.

I'm not too happy about paying $100 plus shipping for this guy, but I don't yet own any black Optimus' so I'll suck it up. The dark red windows and eyes make him many times more badass than the SDCC version. I recently came to the shocking realisation that a black repaint of RTS Laser Optimus has no place in my insignificant collection so I guess this is the naughty Prime for me.

Nemesis Destron wrote:I only hope the integrity of the mold for United Prime is good if not fare considering mold degradation. :PRAY: :VEHI:

Amen, brother.
Re: New Images of 2012 International Tokyo Toy Show Exclusive United Black Optimus Prime (1389194)
Posted by TimothyR on June 12th, 2012 @ 1:59pm CDT
best prime mold of all time? ..

far from it, in my opinion. MP10 is leaps and bounds better.
Re: New Images of 2012 International Tokyo Toy Show Exclusive United Black Optimus Prime (1389243)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on June 12th, 2012 @ 3:33pm CDT
Hahaha that second pose of Nemesis is so flamboyant. Some people can't pose action figures. #-o
Re: New Images of 2012 International Tokyo Toy Show Exclusive United Black Optimus Prime (1389277)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on June 12th, 2012 @ 4:21pm CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote:Hahaha that second pose of Nemesis is so flamboyant. Some people can't pose action figures. #-o

That's just how anime robots stand sometimes. :-B
Image
I like it myself, better than standing boringringly like some doofus, some doofus who stands. :P
Re: New Images of 2012 International Tokyo Toy Show Exclusive United Black Optimus Prime (1389283)
Posted by Dead Metal on June 12th, 2012 @ 4:33pm CDT
Mkall wrote:
Stryfe Convoy wrote:
jamiko wrote:I want that crystal first edition but, sadly will never be able to afford it. :sad:


I hit the web and did the currency conversion, it'll be about 64 dollars for each figure. Of course, that means that BBTS is selling their's for 99.99... That's how much they're making off of it...

:BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD:

False.

To get this figure from a convention to the states requires BBTS to pay for three services.
1) The initial cost of the figures at the convention
2) An entity (could be a single person or a group) to go to the convention with the main goal of procuring as many of these as possible
3) That entity to ship their acquired goods to BBTS via a priority carrier

Both of which mean that to get these figures to their door, BBTS is probably paying about 80-85 a head. Which knocks their profit margin down quite a bit, from 36% to 15% which is a pretty standard profit margin for most retailers, especially for hard-to-obtain items such as these.

I love how we have to keep pointing this out every time one of these figures goes up for pre-order.

Man, I hope there will be a few Black Primes left later this year once I can get around to grabbing one.
Re: New Images of 2012 International Tokyo Toy Show Exclusive United Black Optimus Prime (1389284)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on June 12th, 2012 @ 4:34pm CDT
cannonfodder4000 wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote:Hahaha that second pose of Nemesis is so flamboyant. Some people can't pose action figures. #-o

That's just how anime robots stand sometimes. :-B
Image
I like it myself, better than standing boringringly like some doofus, some doofus who stands. :P


Thats not the same pose, buddy's got his hand on his hip, and the other isn't way back like nemesis, its more to his side. Nemesis seems to be jutting his pelvis out, while only having a straight legged together stance. hahaha. Its a neutral enough pose either way that you could call it a boring doofus stance. Hes not in much action a pose, or aiming a rifle, just going, "HEY WORLD! i'm nemesis prime, and i'm GORgeous" :lol: :P
Re: New Images of 2012 International Tokyo Toy Show Exclusive United Black Optimus Prime (1389330)
Posted by Stormrider on June 12th, 2012 @ 6:22pm CDT
Sorry if this question has already been asked - Did Takara release a black convoy of the same mold already?
Re: New Images of 2012 International Tokyo Toy Show Exclusive United Black Optimus Prime (1389333)
Posted by Anonymous. on June 12th, 2012 @ 6:27pm CDT
Stormrider wrote:Sorry if this question has already been asked - Did Takara release a black convoy of the same mold already?



1st. SDCC and BotCon are the other black primes.
Re: New Images of 2012 International Tokyo Toy Show Exclusive United Black Optimus Prime (1389348)
Posted by Mkall on June 12th, 2012 @ 6:50pm CDT
Blurrz wrote:
Stormrider wrote:Sorry if this question has already been asked - Did Takara release a black convoy of the same mold already?



1st. SDCC and BotCon are the other black primes.

There was a halted release of a Black Convoy with a similar paint scheme and Autobot Labels for Wonderfest, I think it was 2010. However it never saw release and there is an small but unknown amount of them in the world.
Re: New Images of 2012 International Tokyo Toy Show Exclusive United Black Optimus Prime (1389360)
Posted by Stormrider on June 12th, 2012 @ 7:30pm CDT
Mkall wrote:
Blurrz wrote:
Stormrider wrote:Sorry if this question has already been asked - Did Takara release a black convoy of the same mold already?



1st. SDCC and BotCon are the other black primes.

There was a halted release of a Black Convoy with a similar paint scheme and Autobot Labels for Wonderfest, I think it was 2010. However it never saw release and there is an small but unknown amount of them in the world.


That was the one I was thinking of. Thank you. I has having one of those deja vu moments.
Re: New Images of 2012 International Tokyo Toy Show Exclusive United Black Optimus Prime (1389419)
Posted by Rated X on June 12th, 2012 @ 11:05pm CDT
Mkall wrote:
Blurrz wrote:
Stormrider wrote:Sorry if this question has already been asked - Did Takara release a black convoy of the same mold already?



1st. SDCC and BotCon are the other black primes.

There was a halted release of a Black Convoy with a similar paint scheme and Autobot Labels for Wonderfest, I think it was 2010. However it never saw release and there is an small but unknown amount of them in the world.



KO Toys used to sell a nice version of the wonderfest prime called "Kold Black Konvoy". No need to waste my money on this one.
Re: New Images of 2012 International Tokyo Toy Show Exclusive United Black Optimus Prime (1389475)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 13th, 2012 @ 7:01am CDT
Rated X wrote:
Mkall wrote:
Blurrz wrote:
Stormrider wrote:Sorry if this question has already been asked - Did Takara release a black convoy of the same mold already?



1st. SDCC and BotCon are the other black primes.

There was a halted release of a Black Convoy with a similar paint scheme and Autobot Labels for Wonderfest, I think it was 2010. However it never saw release and there is an small but unknown amount of them in the world.



KO Toys used to sell a nice version of the wonderfest prime called "Kold Black Konvoy". No need to waste my money on this one.
Not unless you want one that's a Decepticon. ;)
Re: New Images of 2012 International Tokyo Toy Show Exclusive United Black Optimus Prime (1389481)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on June 13th, 2012 @ 7:25am CDT
Stormrider wrote:
Mkall wrote:
Blurrz wrote:
Stormrider wrote:Sorry if this question has already been asked - Did Takara release a black convoy of the same mold already?



1st. SDCC and BotCon are the other black primes.

There was a halted release of a Black Convoy with a similar paint scheme and Autobot Labels for Wonderfest, I think it was 2010. However it never saw release and there is an small but unknown amount of them in the world.


That was the one I was thinking of. Thank you. I has having one of those deja vu moments.


Ugh. I have personally seen and handled one of those samples. I think they came out before 2010, I think it 2008. Back then I was just into collecting, but I rember clearly seeing a box of stolen Chinese black Optimuses and Swerevs (the Chevy one). They were all stolen chinese toys, and Prime was $40SG, while Swerve was $25.

Apparently I did not pick them up, and when I returned to the store a week after, they were all gone. :HEADHURTS:
Re: New Images of 2012 International Tokyo Toy Show Exclusive United Black Optimus Prime (1389656)
Posted by Stormrider on June 13th, 2012 @ 5:16pm CDT
gavinfuzzy wrote:
Stormrider wrote:
Mkall wrote:
Blurrz wrote:
Stormrider wrote:Sorry if this question has already been asked - Did Takara release a black convoy of the same mold already?



1st. SDCC and BotCon are the other black primes.

There was a halted release of a Black Convoy with a similar paint scheme and Autobot Labels for Wonderfest, I think it was 2010. However it never saw release and there is an small but unknown amount of them in the world.


That was the one I was thinking of. Thank you. I has having one of those deja vu moments.


Ugh. I have personally seen and handled one of those samples. I think they came out before 2010, I think it 2008. Back then I was just into collecting, but I rember clearly seeing a box of stolen Chinese black Optimuses and Swerevs (the Chevy one). They were all stolen chinese toys, and Prime was $40SG, while Swerve was $25.

Apparently I did not pick them up, and when I returned to the store a week after, they were all gone. :HEADHURTS:


Was that a good thing or a bad thing that you didn't buy it because they were stolen?
Re: New Images of 2012 International Tokyo Toy Show Exclusive United Black Optimus Prime (1389812)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on June 14th, 2012 @ 1:50am CDT
Stormrider wrote:
gavinfuzzy wrote:
Stormrider wrote:
Mkall wrote:
Blurrz wrote:
Stormrider wrote:Sorry if this question has already been asked - Did Takara release a black convoy of the same mold already?



1st. SDCC and BotCon are the other black primes.

There was a halted release of a Black Convoy with a similar paint scheme and Autobot Labels for Wonderfest, I think it was 2010. However it never saw release and there is an small but unknown amount of them in the world.


That was the one I was thinking of. Thank you. I has having one of those deja vu moments.


Ugh. I have personally seen and handled one of those samples. I think they came out before 2010, I think it 2008. Back then I was just into collecting, but I rember clearly seeing a box of stolen Chinese black Optimuses and Swerevs (the Chevy one). They were all stolen chinese toys, and Prime was $40SG, while Swerve was $25.

Apparently I did not pick them up, and when I returned to the store a week after, they were all gone. :HEADHURTS:


Was that a good thing or a bad thing that you didn't buy it because they were stolen?


Bad thing. More than half my animated/Universe 2.0 collection was stolen, and pre release. I had stuff like TFA Aoundwave 6 months before release in my country. Oh, the SDCC nemesis I own is stolen and pre-release too. :lol:
Re: New Images of 2012 International Tokyo Toy Show Exclusive United Black Optimus Prime (1389853)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 14th, 2012 @ 7:09am CDT
gavinfuzzy wrote:Bad thing. More than half my animated/Universe 2.0 collection was stolen, and pre release. I had stuff like TFA Aoundwave 6 months before release in my country. Oh, the SDCC nemesis I own is stolen and pre-release too. :lol:
Image

Kay: "'Scuse us, Mr. Fuzzy. Hasbro Security, Division 6. We'd like to ask you a few questions regarding some our company's stolen property."

:P :P :P
Re: New Images of 2012 International Tokyo Toy Show Exclusive United Black Optimus Prime (1391168)
Posted by tekering on June 17th, 2012 @ 9:50pm CDT
Well, e-Hobby's remaining stock didn't last very long...

Predictably, as the clock rolled over to 10:30, the site was overwhelmed with users and response time was slow. From the product page refresh that revealed the "Add to cart" button to loading the "View cart" page took nearly 30 seconds; in the seconds between adding the figures to my cart and clicking the "Place order" button, the stock was gone. All I got when trying to place my order was an error message. :BOOM:

Sold out in under 30 seconds! :sad:
Re: New Images of 2012 International Tokyo Toy Show Exclusive United Black Optimus Prime (1392061)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on June 20th, 2012 @ 6:52pm CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote:
cannonfodder4000 wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote:Hahaha that second pose of Nemesis is so flamboyant. Some people can't pose action figures. #-o

That's just how anime robots stand sometimes. :-B
Image
I like it myself, better than standing boringringly like some doofus, some doofus who stands. :P


Thats not the same pose, buddy's got his hand on his hip, and the other isn't way back like nemesis, its more to his side. Nemesis seems to be jutting his pelvis out, while only having a straight legged together stance. hahaha. Its a neutral enough pose either way that you could call it a boring doofus stance. Hes not in much action a pose, or aiming a rifle, just going, "HEY WORLD! i'm nemesis prime, and i'm GORgeous" :lol: :P


Sounds like something good ole' Shattered Glass Nemesis would say! :lol:
http://shibamura-prime.deviantart.com/a ... e-88577498
Re: New Images of 2012 International Tokyo Toy Show Exclusive United Black Optimus Prime (1392063)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on June 20th, 2012 @ 6:57pm CDT
cannonfodder4000 wrote:Sounds like something good ole' Shattered Glass Nemesis would say! :lol:
http://shibamura-prime.deviantart.com/a ... e-88577498

HAHAhaha!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Re: New Images of 2012 International Tokyo Toy Show Exclusive United Black Optimus Prime (1393601)
Posted by Cyberseven on June 24th, 2012 @ 9:37pm CDT
Call me crazy if you will, but I really like the translucent FE Prime. I just can't say I like it enough to pay $100.00 for.

If it was say 70-75, and that is still a lot, I just might buy it.

Oh well.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #105 - Megatronus
Twincast / Podcast #105:
"Megatronus"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, November 23rd, 2014