New images of Generations Scourge and G2 Optimus Prime!

Transformers News: New images of Generations Scourge and G2 Optimus Prime!

Friday, November 26th, 2010 8:00AM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 38,411

KOToys.com has posted new images of the upcoming generations deluxe Scourge and G2 Optimus Prime figures.
the images are of both robot and alt-mode.
We have mirrored 2 of each figure, if you want to see all images please click the links in their names.

Scourge

If you wish to see G1 Scourge's seibertron.com gallery, just click here.

G2 Laser Optimus Prime

And if you want, well you can visit the seibertron.com gallery of the original G2 Laser Optimus Prime this figure homages by clicking here!
Credit(s): horus, KOToys.com

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New images of Generations Scourge and G2 Optimus Prime! (1150860)
Posted by El Duque on November 26th, 2010 @ 8:15am CST
I don't like the abrupt color change on OP in alt mode between the black hood and blue cab. I'm still getting him because it looks like a really nice new mold just wish it was more uniform or at least blended a little better.
Re: New images of Generations Scourge and G2 Optimus Prime! (1150864)
Posted by Dread_Wing on November 26th, 2010 @ 8:30am CST
I don't think much of Laser Prime, but Scourge is looking great! It looks to me as if there is a hinge in the leading edge of the wings to open them up further to make his big bat like wings in robot mode.
Re: New images of Generations Scourge and G2 Optimus Prime! (1150866)
Posted by Overcracker on November 26th, 2010 @ 8:54am CST
Scourge looks interesting. But I'll likely wait for the inevitable repaint.

I'm thinking Dreadwing maybe.

Prime looks bad in these pictures. Why are his hands just resting on the rear tires in vehicle mode. And was all that blue really necessary? Only his abs, feet and head are supposed to be blue.
Re: New images of Generations Scourge and G2 Optimus Prime! (1150886)
Posted by typh0id on November 26th, 2010 @ 9:52am CST
Overcracker wrote:
I'm thinking Dreadwing maybe.

I think that is highly unlikely considering there is a already Generations Dreadwing figure coming out soon...I suppose it's POSSIBLE, way down the line, but I doubt it...

I'm excited about Scourge even though I'm not at all crazy about his alt-mode...I wish it was a little more similar to the G1 alt-mode...Looks decent enough in robot mode though and he is of course necessary to go with Galvatron and Cyclonus...

As for Laser Prime...The exposed hands in truck-mode is a major fail (assuming that picture is transformerd correctly, they should be WAY past that, by this point)...But if they repaint this as Nemesis Prime in the same manner they did for the original Laser Prime, I will buy it in a heartbeat...
Re: New images of Generations Scourge and G2 Optimus Prime! (1150894)
Posted by Varia31 on November 26th, 2010 @ 10:00am CST
That Scourge looks great, it's a well done figure! Also, I, for one, like the Laser Optimus Prime. The color scheme may not be the best, and the hands being exposed like that is rather annoying, but as a mold, and a figure in general, I think it looks great overall! :) I'm pretty sure I'll be on the lookout for him when these guys are released.
Re: New images of Generations Scourge and G2 Optimus Prime! (1150898)
Posted by Overcracker on November 26th, 2010 @ 10:05am CST
typh0id wrote:
Overcracker wrote:
I'm thinking Dreadwing maybe.

Who? That Tokyo Toy Show exclusive repaint of ROTF Mindwipe?
Habsro is in no way limited by that but of course they could use another name, maybe Smokescreen? Or even B.B. if you think they can go that obscure.
Re: New images of Generations Scourge and G2 Optimus Prime! (1150905)
Posted by Heavy B on November 26th, 2010 @ 10:14am CST
i like prime, but not that much. id probubly get him if (more likely when) hes redecoed in to RID Scourge
Re: New images of Generations Scourge and G2 Optimus Prime! (1150908)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on November 26th, 2010 @ 10:19am CST
These pictures just make prime look like a horrible arrangement of colors. I like Scourge though.
Re: New images of Generations Scourge and G2 Optimus Prime! (1150934)
Posted by Sodan-1 on November 26th, 2010 @ 11:03am CST
Now that there's no Photoshop in the way, G2 Prime looks aweful. And not just the paint work. His overall stature just doesn't look particularly impressive. I think they've clipped his 'ears'.

Scourge on the other hand, I don't think he's ever looked better. Still not thrilled about the semi-blue leading edge. But his robot mode is looking very cool. I even don't care about the shape of his wings anymore, although I do think your man Dread_Wing makes a vaild point. There does seem to be more to their design than simple one-piece wings.
Re: New images of Generations Scourge and G2 Optimus Prime! (1150937)
Posted by Mindmaster on November 26th, 2010 @ 11:05am CST
Really looking forward to this pair of figures. Prime's sword is no doubt a homage to Movie Prime's Swiss Army knife. :lol:

Off topic: For the record, Cyclonus was originally Skywarp. Just saying. :lol:
Re: New images of Generations Scourge and G2 Optimus Prime! (1150942)
Posted by Dagon on November 26th, 2010 @ 11:29am CST
Wow does that Prime look like garbage.
Re: New images of Generations Scourge and G2 Optimus Prime! (1150954)
Posted by GEEWUN on November 26th, 2010 @ 12:14pm CST
WHY THE HECK IS SCOURGE's EYES BLUE!!!! :sad:

They are RED in the cartoon

They are RED in the Marvel comics

They are RED in the Dreamwave and IDW comics

They are RED in every singly G1 Scourge toy

And even though the sweeps had red eyes too in the G1 cartoon the convention exclusive version had yellow eyes...

So basically Scourge has never had Blue eyes before

Not to be such an angry nerd here :evil:

but I really don't like the Blue eyes....
but its nothing some red paint applications won't fix ;)
Re: New images of Generations Scourge and G2 Optimus Prime! (1150958)
Posted by GEEWUN on November 26th, 2010 @ 12:18pm CST
Just to prove I'm not really a GEEWUNNER despite my name and previous rant, I wonder if they will repaint this G2 prime into Scourge....
No not the G1 one, the RID one:

They better give him RED eyes!
Re: New images of Generations Scourge and G2 Optimus Prime! (1150960)
Posted by sancho's revenge on November 26th, 2010 @ 12:20pm CST
prime mold is hideous. Hopefully there is a repaint on the way. Scourge is cool.
Re: New images of Generations Scourge and G2 Optimus Prime! (1150969)
Posted by WarGraver on November 26th, 2010 @ 12:48pm CST

Is there plans to release a trailer later, or are they just making things easy for a third party?

I do still like the figure overall, though.
Re: New images of Generations Scourge and G2 Optimus Prime! (1150971)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on November 26th, 2010 @ 12:52pm CST
WarGraver wrote:Why does Prime have the parts to carry a round trailer? He doesn't have a trailer. Those parts look terrible in robot mode.

I do still like the figure overall, though.

The trailer hitch forms his sword in robot mode.
Re: New images of Generations Scourge and G2 Optimus Prime! (1150975)
Posted by Dead Metal on November 26th, 2010 @ 1:07pm CST
You know that Prime is still unfinished and it's misstransformed. You can see that his paint apps aren't complete, at least on his engine section, so the blue might turn out to be painted black on the final toy.
The bot-mode could look awesome once correctly transformed and with better paintapps but damn do I hate the look of his alt-mode.
Why change his alt-mode? it only looks shite the way they did it.
Re: New images of Generations Scourge and G2 Optimus Prime! (1150986)
Posted by Burn on November 26th, 2010 @ 1:37pm CST
As i've said before, you can't improve on perfection, Prime proves that.

Scourge ... ugh, I hate the wings. I don't know why they had to go for a more "realistic" looking alt mode, they could have just stuck with his original alt mode and lose that big pointless wings.
Re: New images of Generations Scourge and G2 Optimus Prime! (1150988)
Posted by JokerFC on November 26th, 2010 @ 1:43pm CST
looking forward to both.......will have to do something about Scourge and his eyes.....I kinda need them to be red.
Re: New images of Generations Scourge and G2 Optimus Prime! (1150993)
Posted by Optimum Supreme on November 26th, 2010 @ 2:03pm CST
Prime looks far inferior to the original. I was really excited for that one, but not so much anymore. I'll still probably pick one up if I ever see it and have the cash, but frankly won't be too upset if I never find one.

Scourge looks really cool in robot mode, alt mode just does nothing for me, though. Still, need to get him to go with Cyclonus and Galvatron.

And every time I see a topic title or headline somewhere saying Generations, G2 Prime, and Scourge all together, I forget for a second that it's G1 Scourge and think they've gone ahead with a repaint of the generations G2 OP as RID Scourge. Which, while it'd probably be a good idea for a repaint, I have no real reason to care, since I already have the RID version, and there's not a thing I can see in pics of this new mold that makes me think it's in any way better.