New Images of Generations Wave 4 Deluxe Ruination Figures

Transformers News: New Images of Generations Wave 4 Deluxe Ruination Figures

Monday, June 10th, 2013 9:19PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 20,149

The Transformers Collectors' Club have updated their Generations Deluxe Wave 4 listings with new images. These are the Wreckers remold of the Fall of Cybertron Bruticus figures which combine into Ruination. They come with new heads and weapons/accessories. Yes, you can BUILD GIANT ROBOT once again.

Impactor

Re: Offical Transformers Generations Wave 4 images

Roadbuster

Re: Offical Transformers Generations Wave 4 images

Twintwist

Re: Offical Transformers Generations Wave 4 images

Whirl

Re: Offical Transformers Generations Wave 4 images

Topspin

Re: Offical Transformers Generations Wave 4 images
Credit(s): Transformers Collectors' Club

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Images of Generations Wave 4 Deluxe Ruination Figures (1494258)
Posted by Mkall on June 10th, 2013 @ 9:23pm CDT
Hello Shattered Glass Wreckers. It is nice to meet you.
Re: New Images of Generations Wave 4 Deluxe Ruination Figures (1494259)
Posted by xyl360 on June 10th, 2013 @ 9:30pm CDT
Must build giant robot...must build giant robot...must build giant robot...

OK, where's the guy that kept complaining that Ruination got cancelled :P?

I wonder if Takara is going to do a version of this, and if so, how different will it be?
Re: New Images of Generations Wave 4 Deluxe Ruination Figures (1494262)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on June 10th, 2013 @ 9:59pm CDT
Not bad. Will get them and leave them uncombined as my classics wreckers. Maybe GDO Springer can be put to some use and hang out with them.

They come with more weapons than Bruticus. :shock:
It's the glorious return of Craptech.
Re: New Images of Generations Wave 4 Deluxe Ruination Figures (1494266)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 10th, 2013 @ 10:27pm CDT
I'm liking that Impactor is more purple than gray, and that he has a Wreckers insginia after all. 8)

Now if only they'd come to the retail stores.
Re: New Images of Generations Wave 4 Deluxe Ruination Figures (1494279)
Posted by MGrotusque on June 10th, 2013 @ 11:49pm CDT
Re: New Images of Generations Wave 4 Deluxe Ruination Figures (1494284)
Posted by MagnetarPrime on June 11th, 2013 @ 12:35am CDT
MGrotusque wrote:Not feelin it. Maybe Impactor is alright but the rest fall flat for me. Plus i don't like any of those molds....accept Blast-Offs(Topspin) mold actually. It's good(ish).

you are right my friend.... first: I did not like it as bruticus,, he is just too light weight (he is very flat )for bruticus.... second: being a transformers collectors club member for over 3 years,,, man they kind of suck,, very unorganized and their store/website is always crashing,, no forums tho... honestly I'm only a member for the exclusives figures,,

Over all, I will let this one pass. and most likely this post will be deleted by admin like my other posts. am I doing something wrong ??? if so ,, please let me know
Re: New Images of Generations Wave 4 Deluxe Ruination Figures (1494295)
Posted by xyl360 on June 11th, 2013 @ 3:44am CDT
MagnetarPrime wrote:

These aren't club exclusives, they'll be regular retail releases.
Re: New Images of Generations Wave 4 Deluxe Ruination Figures (1494300)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on June 11th, 2013 @ 4:25am CDT
Can I buy a box that only has Whirl's head, please?
Re: New Images of Generations Wave 4 Deluxe Ruination Figures (1494305)
Posted by xyl360 on June 11th, 2013 @ 5:04am CDT
Nemesis Maximo wrote:Can I buy a box that only has Whirl's head, please?

Sure, but it comes with a robot/helicopter attached to it plus a few weapons :P.
Re: New Images of Generations Wave 4 Deluxe Ruination Figures (1494309)
Posted by rpetras on June 11th, 2013 @ 5:18am CDT
Nemesis Maximo wrote:Can I buy a box that only has Whirl's head, please?

Sort of:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail
Re: New Images of Generations Wave 4 Deluxe Ruination Figures (1494311)
Posted by ArmadaPrime on June 11th, 2013 @ 5:48am CDT
If these hit UK reatil I'll likely pick them up-I like the mold(s), just, not as bruticus, to be honest. I'm glad that they have some attempt at a slightly sensible colour scheme too.
Re: New Images of Generations Wave 4 Deluxe Ruination Figures (1494328)
Posted by shockblast2 on June 11th, 2013 @ 7:51am CDT
xyl360 wrote:Must build giant robot...must build giant robot...must build giant robot...

OK, where's the guy that kept complaining that Ruination got cancelled :P?

That would be me, and I didn't complain it was cancelled. I complained that it appeared that it would. And I am still skeptical until I see someone nab these at a Walmart or something. I could see Hasbro making this a club exclusive expecting people to join their jip of a club to get it. Hopefully not, but I just cannot see how mass retail can handle more pegs to accomodiate these and the IDW figures. I would assume the IDW figures will have different packaging since there is a comic pack in. The price will probably be higher and the packages will be different sized. Unless the IDW figues are pushed off until the fall, which might mappen. At least August perhaps.
Re: New Images of Generations Wave 4 Deluxe Ruination Figures (1494336)
Posted by RiddlerJ on June 11th, 2013 @ 8:40am CDT
I was wondering when these guys were going to show up.

One thing. Maybe it's me but I feel like Twin Twist should've been the white one and Top Spin should've been blue. I know their G1 selves are both blue and white but I'm going by the colors of their limbs and heads which is what seems to dominate (especially in vehicle mode where their torsos are pretty much hidden) Plus Top Spin and G2 Blast Off wouldn't have both been white here.
Re: New Images of Generations Wave 4 Deluxe Ruination Figures (1494369)
Posted by xyl360 on June 11th, 2013 @ 10:47am CDT
shockblast2 wrote:

OK, where's the guy that kept complaining that Ruination got cancelled :P?

I've never heard of the club ever taking figures from Hasbro cancelled retail and turning them into exclusives, so that's quite a theory you've got there. I'm certain these will be released. They fit right in with all of the love Hasbro's been throwing to the comics lately. To do all this IDW fanwank and then drop the Wreckers would be a travesty, and I'm sure Hasbro knows it.
Re: New Images of Generations Wave 4 Deluxe Ruination Figures (1494371)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on June 11th, 2013 @ 10:54am CDT
xyl360 wrote:I've never heard of the club ever taking figures from Hasbro cancelled retail and turning them into exclusives

TFCC Astrotrain from Universe Spacewarp, and TFCC Piranacon from Energon Pirahnaking. Look them up. ;)

Suggesting them to be turned into Club exclusive goes a bit far, the worst that could have happened is them indeed becoming exclusives, but to Toys 'R Us, Walmart or Target.
Re: New Images of Generations Wave 4 Deluxe Ruination Figures (1494373)
Posted by xyl360 on June 11th, 2013 @ 11:01am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Whoa, really? I had no idea those were planned for retail. I thought they just used Piranacon because Hasbro had just used those molds for the BBTS exclusive Piranacon (in normal G1 colors basically), so the club did a repaint.

I didn't know Atrotrain was supposed to be a mass retail release either. How close was that to the release of Classics Astrotrain? Maybe that's why they did it?

edit: I checked on Astrotrain via TFWiki:[quote]Astrotrain was originally an unproduced Universe store exclusive named Spacewarp. At that stage, the toy would have kept the original head mold from Armada Jetfire. He was to come with a redeco of the Space Mini-Con Team as well. Even though he was initially intended as a Toys"R"Us exclusive, no retail chain ultimately ended up wanting to carry him, so Spacewarp was shelved. He was among several proposed exclusives that were ultimately put into retail limbo during the waning of the Universe line.[/quote]I think it had a lot more to do with the fact that it was a cancelled store exclusive (because no store would pick it up) than anything else. I haven't heard anything about Ruination being a store exclusive and he's listed on BBTS (and has been for a very long time) as being part of a normal case assortment.

So has any figure to date which was planned as a mass retail release (NOT a store exclusive) been dumped by Hasbro and released by the club?
Re: New Images of Generations Wave 4 Deluxe Ruination Figures (1494377)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on June 11th, 2013 @ 11:10am CDT
xyl360 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

The original release date was 2004, during a height of Transformers popularity after Armada. The Universe 2003 line was created to meet the overall demand, and was simply made of repaints with the occasional surprise imported mold from Europe or Japan. A good portion of the line was exclusive, but they were overproduced: especially Walmart had like more than 10 different sets at the same time, that would not move. That resulted in some proposed items being canceled, Universe Spacewarp with the Space Team being one of them. The effects seem to have bled into other main lines as well, with Energon Pirahnaking.
Re: New Images of Generations Wave 4 Deluxe Ruination Figures (1494392)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 11th, 2013 @ 12:01pm CDT
For anyone wondering if Takara will release their own versions of the Wreckers, it has been confirmed (by Hydra) that they will not.

The Japanese ID numbers also support this, with TG-19 Grimlock being the final FOC mold Japanese Generations toy before TG-20 Ratbat (who's based on IDW "Megatron Origin" Senator Ratbat), TG-21 Autobot Springer, TG-22 Blitzwing, TG-23 Metroplex, and TG-24 Optimus Prime & Bumblebee.
Re: New Images of Generations Wave 4 Deluxe Ruination Figures (1494403)
Posted by MagnetarPrime on June 11th, 2013 @ 1:14pm CDT
xyl360 wrote:
MagnetarPrime wrote:

These aren't club exclusives, they'll be regular retail releases.

I know, I was just giving my opinion on TFCC,
Re: New Images of Generations Wave 4 Deluxe Ruination Figures (1494425)
Posted by shockblast2 on June 11th, 2013 @ 2:57pm CDT
I am not getting my hopes up until i see them on the shelves. I know how fickle mass retail can be, and if Walmart, Target, etc does not want them on their shelves they will replace the sku/tag on the shelves with what they want to buy. and since Hasbro has been gracious enough to repack their first wave from last fall again, I would assume most shelves are blocked by Optimus/Shockwave/Jazz's that noone wants, thus preventing the shelve from being stocked at all before IDW comes July/August.
Not that it was uplifting to see the pics, again, these are coming from TFCC. The same goons that lost everyones CC# to the highest bidder just a year ago. Until I see someone grab one in CA, as they always get them on the west coast first, I refuse to believe these are definitely hitting shelves.
Case in point, RTS Frenzy/Rumble, RTS Bodyblock, Prime Skyquake, just to name a few. Once someone spots them at retail I will jump on the Wrecker bandwagon.

Ending Soon On eBay

NEW! ~ Transformers Legends Deluxe Class LG-12 - Windblade ~ UNOPENED! - Time Remaining: 5 days 23 hours 27 minutes 23 seconds
2016 SDCC Comic Con Hasbro Exclusive Transformers Evolution Soundwave Tablet - Time Remaining: 1 day 12 hours 58 minutes 40 seconds
Transformers Generations Goshooter MISB - Time Remaining: 5 days 14 hours 29 minutes 20 seconds
NEW! ~ Transformers Legends Deluxe Class LG-11 - Chromia ~ UNOPENED! - Time Remaining: 5 days 23 hours 45 minutes 7 seconds
Platinum Optimus Prime Transformers Generations Edition Year of the Goat 2015 - Time Remaining: 5 days 2 hours 17 minutes 37 seconds
Transformers G1 Gold Jazz E-hobby Collector's Edition NEW IN BOX MISB - Time Remaining: 3 days 12 hours 22 minutes 13 seconds
TRANSFORMERS E-HOBBY OVERCHARGE REPAINT OF BLITZWING MISB - Time Remaining: 4 days 9 hours 7 minutes 18 seconds
Transformers Universe Target Exclusive 25th Anniversary Voyager Leo Prime Figure - Time Remaining: 4 days 22 hours 39 minutes 36 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #151 - SDCC 2016