Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

New Images of MP Grimlock and Henkei Universe Figures

Transformers News: New Images of MP Grimlock and Henkei Universe Figures

Sunday, January 4th, 2009 2:58PM CST

Categories: Media, Toy News
Posted by: First Gen   Views: 38,154

Seibertron.com has just received word that new image scans of the newest Hyper Hobby Magazine have been posted at MODxTOY.com. These images show us the latest Transformers updates from Takara Tomy to include MP-08 Masterpiece Grimlock, Transformers Henkei figures Cyclonus, Inferno and Ratchet. Also included are some images of the new Alternity figure Megatron and DisneyFormer Micky Mouse P rime.

{L_IMAGE}

{L_IMAGE}

Keep it locked, right here at Seibertron.com for all the latest info on the Transformers Universe.
Credit(s): MODxTOY.com
Re: New Images of MP Grimlock and Henkei Universe Figures (861374)
Posted by DevastaTTor on January 4th, 2009 @ 3:10pm CST
Re: New Images of MP Grimlock and Henkei Universe Figures (861375)
Posted by First Gen on January 4th, 2009 @ 3:11pm CST
DevastaTTor wrote:MP Grimlock is really just so f'ing bad ass. The details around his robot mode head are awesome. I've said it before, I'll say it again: most complete MP (and perhaps overall Transformer in general) ever. March is going to be a GOOD month.

I can't do anything but agree. I only own the Hasbro MP's of Prime and Screamer, and I seriously think I will shell out the cash for this figure.
Re: New Images of MP Grimlock and Henkei Universe Figures (861382)
Posted by Zek Patterson on January 4th, 2009 @ 3:32pm CST
I want him. More than most of anything ever. !!!!!!
Re: New Images of MP Grimlock and Henkei Universe Figures (861385)
Posted by Decepticon Spike on January 4th, 2009 @ 3:34pm CST
MP Grimlock is a given. I gotta get my hands on him. I'm also liking the Classics Ratchet.
Re: New Images of MP Grimlock and Henkei Universe Figures (861390)
Posted by Narc on January 4th, 2009 @ 3:43pm CST
I have 2 of badass Grimlock on preorder. Can't March be here any sooner? =P~
Re: New Images of MP Grimlock and Henkei Universe Figures (861397)
Posted by StarThunderWarp on January 4th, 2009 @ 3:57pm CST
Cyclonus, Inferno and Grimlock are chock-full of win :shock:
Re: New Images of MP Grimlock and Henkei Universe Figures (861402)
Posted by Supreme Convoy on January 4th, 2009 @ 4:01pm CST
:BOT: Wow... Cyclonus looks pretty cool! :CON:
Re: New Images of MP Grimlock and Henkei Universe Figures (861412)
Posted by Highbeam on January 4th, 2009 @ 4:13pm CST
MP Grimlock is just awesome :D Not much else to say about that one. The Alternity Megs isn't too bad (I'm curious to see it in color).

But seriously...is the mini Mickey trying to nom on Mickey Prime's head or what? :???: Wiiierd...
Re: New Images of MP Grimlock and Henkei Universe Figures (861418)
Posted by gantzrunner on January 4th, 2009 @ 4:22pm CST
Finally Grimlock's visor is blue again!
Re: New Images of MP Grimlock and Henkei Universe Figures (861424)
Posted by typh0id on January 4th, 2009 @ 4:35pm CST
Gotta admit I'm still not feeling MP Grimlock...For some reason he just doesn't look that much more detailed from his G1 counterpart (aside from articulation of course) than the previous MPs...

I hold judgement until I can see more of him...
Re: New Images of MP Grimlock and Henkei Universe Figures (861429)
Posted by First-Aid on January 4th, 2009 @ 4:43pm CST
I am SOOOOO glad I got my MP Grimmy on preorder...he just looks amazing.
Re: New Images of MP Grimlock and Henkei Universe Figures (861440)
Posted by ultra_magus on January 4th, 2009 @ 5:00pm CST
Re: New Images of MP Grimlock and Henkei Universe Figures (861443)
Posted by Technically weird on January 4th, 2009 @ 5:08pm CST
The Japanese all get the WAY better repaint of Cyclonus. Meh. Now Im sad, I have not $25 to spare for a Japanese version.
Re: New Images of MP Grimlock and Henkei Universe Figures (861446)
Posted by omega666 on January 4th, 2009 @ 5:15pm CST
Everything here is awesome. Except Mickey.
Re: New Images of MP Grimlock and Henkei Universe Figures (861470)
Posted by Stormrider on January 4th, 2009 @ 6:04pm CST
ultra_magus wrote:That Grimlock is STUNNING. Sadly, I live in the middle of nowhere and I'll probably never see it outside of Seibertron.com's galleries. :sad:

Being remote shouldn't be a preclusion. Unless you live in Japan, the only way to get MP Grimmy is through online retailers. Don't wait. :D
Re: New Images of MP Grimlock and Henkei Universe Figures (861476)
Posted by dabattousai on January 4th, 2009 @ 6:23pm CST
Re: New Images of MP Grimlock and Henkei Universe Figures (861493)
Posted by YRQRM0 on January 4th, 2009 @ 7:08pm CST
If I didn't know that leader Prime (and a whole buch of other movie figures) are coming out, I wold buy MP Grimlock immediately.

MUST SAVE MONEY :-x
Re: New Images of MP Grimlock and Henkei Universe Figures (861517)
Posted by Stormrider on January 4th, 2009 @ 8:02pm CST
dabattousai wrote:Ladies and Gentlemen, probably the most easiest Masterpiece figure you'll be able to transform without any problems. 8)

I think he'll be on the same level or slightly more challenging than MP Prime. Grimlock's tail is complex, as well as his head/back. It looks like the exact same transformation as G1 Grimlock, but there some new twists involved.
Re: New Images of MP Grimlock and Henkei Universe Figures (861534)
Posted by emeraldbeacon on January 4th, 2009 @ 8:53pm CST
Stormrider wrote:

Of course, you could always wait to see if Hasbro will pick it up like they did with MP Starscream... though that's a bit of a gamble.
Re: New Images of MP Grimlock and Henkei Universe Figures (861546)
Posted by Valandar on January 4th, 2009 @ 9:45pm CST
I hate to say this, but when I saw the title of this thread, I thought "Transforming Easter Bunnies?" :grin: :grin:
Re: New Images of MP Grimlock and Henkei Universe Figures (861558)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on January 4th, 2009 @ 10:04pm CST
I wish I could afford MP Grimlock...Bugger, he's so expensive...
Thankfully, I can afford Henkei Cyclonus. I'm loving the more Toon accurate colours.
Re: New Images of MP Grimlock and Henkei Universe Figures (861673)
Posted by DevastaTTor on January 5th, 2009 @ 10:04am CST
Stormrider wrote:

I agree. At first glance, you'd think he's so simple but I think there are going to be more turns and twists than most people realize. From the back, it's clear that the tail/feet are quite a bit different than the original.
Re: New Images of MP Grimlock and Henkei Universe Figures (862029)
Posted by GreenLantern of Cybertron on January 5th, 2009 @ 10:32pm CST
getting JP Cyclonus, its perfect.
I wish they made a prowl version of alternity Megatron, afterall it is a fairlady.
Re: New Images of MP Grimlock and Henkei Universe Figures (862041)
Posted by Nickolai on January 5th, 2009 @ 11:29pm CST
Re: New Images of MP Grimlock and Henkei Universe Figures (862051)
Posted by Stormrider on January 6th, 2009 @ 12:32am CST
Nickolai wrote:Whoa, wait, MP Grimlock has ELECTRONICS? In one picture the sword is clear, in another it's glowy red.

Yup, his sword glows.
Re: New Images of MP Grimlock and Henkei Universe Figures (862067)
Posted by Nickolai on January 6th, 2009 @ 2:33am CST
Stormrider wrote:

Yup, his sword glows.

Hope he's packaged without batteries then, y'know, to appease the folks who'll never open him. :roll: Doesn't this make him the first MP to have electronics, though?
Re: New Images of MP Grimlock and Henkei Universe Figures (862077)
Posted by Sledge on January 6th, 2009 @ 3:22am CST
Not got an MP Prime, I take it?
Re: New Images of MP Grimlock and Henkei Universe Figures (862089)
Posted by Nickolai on January 6th, 2009 @ 4:08am CST
Sledge wrote:Not got an MP Prime, I take it?

Nope, just a SW and Megatron on the way. 8-}
Re: New Images of MP Grimlock and Henkei Universe Figures (862125)
Posted by Stormrider on January 6th, 2009 @ 7:17am CST
Then you'll be pleasantly suprised with Megatron. :D
Re: New Images of MP Grimlock and Henkei Universe Figures (862742)
Posted by itcsjh on January 7th, 2009 @ 12:13pm CST
A new size comparison for Grimlock. I set up my MP Prime & Megatron & positioned my G1 Grimlock as close as I could to one of the photos of G1 Grimmers next to the MP version, then did some scaling to try and get an idea of how big he's gonna be. Quite a bit shorter than the MP Prime in robot mode is the answer! I've not got a MP plane, but am guessing Gimmers is the same scale as MP Starscream?...

Check the full width comparison...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #101 - Talkin' 'Bout My Generations
"Talkin' 'Bout My Generations"
Posted: Sunday, September 21st, 2014