New Images of MP-4S Sleep Convoy - Crystal Clear Trailer

Transformers News: New Images of MP-4S Sleep Convoy - Crystal Clear Trailer

Thursday, May 27th, 2010 2:21PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Anonymous.   Views: 35,750

Limited to 2010 pieces, MP-4S Sleep Convoy is Takara's latest and perhaps last use of the Masterpiece Optimus Prime figure. Sleep Convoy represents Prime's last moments in Transformers: The Movie, after his fatal fight with Megatron. Takara has updated their product page for the figure, giving us new images of Sleep Convoy's trailer. Clear Plastic fans rejoice, as the trailer's full of it. Check out the new images below.

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!
Credit(s): Takara Tomy, Mach
Re: New Images of MP-4S Sleep Convoy - Crystal Clear Trailer (1079335)
Posted by Autobot032 on May 27th, 2010 @ 3:04pm CDT
*whines*

Why? Is there really a need and/or demand for THIS? I could see it in a Leader Class sized, special edition figure, or perhaps one of those TS-01 (I think that's the designation) kinda deals.

I think another repaint of the Masterpiece mold is just pushing it way too much.
Re: New Images of MP-4S Sleep Convoy - Crystal Clear Trailer (1079348)
Posted by Rated X on May 27th, 2010 @ 3:31pm CDT
Re: New Images of MP-4S Sleep Convoy - Crystal Clear Trailer (1079349)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 27th, 2010 @ 3:36pm CDT
Rated X wrote:When Optimus died he was lying on a table, not a "sleep convoy". This concept has no movie accuracy. Purley a money making gimmick...

Think of the poor traumatised kids for once. Besides, he's been ressurrected more than once, so it's not exactly death is it? :P
Re: New Images of MP-4S Sleep Convoy - Crystal Clear Trailer (1079351)
Posted by Lapse Of Reason on May 27th, 2010 @ 3:45pm CDT
I'm in.

Like the black deco and will go with the movie scene display.

I don't really care about the trailer though.
Re: New Images of MP-4S Sleep Convoy - Crystal Clear Trailer (1079359)
Posted by JRFitzpatrick7 on May 27th, 2010 @ 4:06pm CDT
I hadn't really noticed previously, but are his legs a dark, dark blue? I'm not sure why but I find the clear trailer rather pretty. The way it aost glows around Malfunctioning Optimus Prime is rather eye catching. I'll keep my preorders.
Re: New Images of MP-4S Sleep Convoy - Crystal Clear Trailer (1079361)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on May 27th, 2010 @ 4:14pm CDT
Lapse Of Reason wrote:I'm in.

Like the black deco and will go with the movie scene display.

I don't really care about the trailer though.

I'm not really sure, but I don't think the black Optimus there is part of it. This series of pictures is just to display the trailer.
Re: New Images of MP-4S Sleep Convoy - Crystal Clear Trailer (1079364)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 27th, 2010 @ 4:19pm CDT
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:
Lapse Of Reason wrote:I'm in.

Like the black deco and will go with the movie scene display.

I don't really care about the trailer though.

Nope, the figure is included. Or rather, the trailer is included with the figure :P

The colors represent his "death" or stasis lock, and as such his color are very dark, borderlining grey. Black is the other one.
Re: New Images of MP-4S Sleep Convoy - Crystal Clear Trailer (1079365)
Posted by Autobot032 on May 27th, 2010 @ 4:23pm CDT
4 points, eh? For $230 USD, it better count for something.

Now, can someone please tell me what those points are for?
Re: New Images of MP-4S Sleep Convoy - Crystal Clear Trailer (1079367)
Posted by Zeds on May 27th, 2010 @ 4:36pm CDT
Cannot buy into the clear trailer. Should be black if the cab is black IMHO. I will keep this MISB when it arrives.
Re: New Images of MP-4S Sleep Convoy - Crystal Clear Trailer (1079406)
Posted by Trikeboy on May 27th, 2010 @ 6:07pm CDT
Correct me if I'm wrong, Sleep Convoy is supposed to represent Optimus Prime's death. If that is the case, why does he come with a repair bay? Surely he is beyond repair by this point (except from helpful Quintesson's). It would have made more sense to not have the trailer.
Re: New Images of MP-4S Sleep Convoy - Crystal Clear Trailer (1079412)
Posted by Zeds on May 27th, 2010 @ 6:25pm CDT
Trikeboy wrote:It would have made more sense to not have the trailer.

They could have put the operating table he was lying on in the 1986 movie instead of the trailer with a spark monitor that goes BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.....you get where I am going.
Re: New Images of MP-4S Sleep Convoy - Crystal Clear Trailer (1079467)
Posted by Skullcrunchberries on May 27th, 2010 @ 10:12pm CDT
Lapse Of Reason wrote:I'm in.

Like the black deco and will go with the movie scene display.

I don't really care about the trailer though.

Well, if you'd be interested in parting with that trailer I think we should talk business >:3
Re: New Images of MP-4S Sleep Convoy - Crystal Clear Trailer (1079492)
Posted by Trikeboy on May 28th, 2010 @ 1:06am CDT
Zeds wrote:
Trikeboy wrote:It would have made more sense to not have the trailer.

Throw in the Vince DiCola score from that scene and I would kill all in my path to get this version of MP Optimus Prime. As it stands, I would rather hunt down an original MP-4, save up for MP Rodimus (we know he's coming Takara), or buy anything else TF related. My interest is not with this product.

It's a waste of plastic and diecast that could have been used to give us new Masterpiece's like Soundwave, Rodimus, Galvatron, Shockwave. Heck, I would have welcomed a MP Ultra Magnus with transforming trailer. They are obviously trying to use the mold more, why not give UM an upgrade.
Re: New Images of MP-4S Sleep Convoy - Crystal Clear Trailer (1079505)
Posted by Autobot032 on May 28th, 2010 @ 2:21am CDT
Trikeboy wrote:
Zeds wrote:
Trikeboy wrote:It would have made more sense to not have the trailer.

You think they're trying to use the mold more, to come up with new ideas? No.

They're coming up with ideas to use the mold more to wring more money out of people's pockets. It's as simple as that.

And for now, it's a gamble that's working, but I will laugh heartily when the buyers finally dry up and TakaraTomy says "Okay, this was one time too many. They caught on."
Re: New Images of MP-4S Sleep Convoy - Crystal Clear Trailer (1079547)
Posted by TurbofireJames on May 28th, 2010 @ 6:30am CDT
Im gonna bite. I just got a job, and I love clear plastic. I must own this.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Titans Return Brainstorm Walgreens Exclusive Figure IN HAND - Time Remaining: 26 days 1 hour 16 minutes 33 seconds
Transformers 0 Gold Shockwave 1:100 INCENTIVE VARIANT IDW 2005 RARE - Time Remaining: 8 days 3 hours 3 minutes 14 seconds
Transformers Megatron Animated Leader Decepticon Shadow Blade Version New Sealed - Time Remaining: 7 days 2 hours 22 minutes 18 seconds
Transformers  Robots in Disguise Scourge Toys R Us Exclusive 2002 Hasbro - Time Remaining: 7 days 22 hours 55 minutes 4 seconds
original G1 Transformers WEAPONS PARTS LOT #105 Perceptor Sideswipe Red Alert - Time Remaining: 7 days 13 hours 40 minutes 4 seconds
DR WU Rain Storm add-on for Transformers Generations Voyager Autobot Springer - Time Remaining: 1 day 22 hours 25 minutes 2 seconds
Hasbro Transformers AOE Evasion Mode Optimus Prime, complete with weapon - Time Remaining: 2 days 41 minutes 58 seconds
Transformers  Robots in Disguise Energon Megatron 2003 Hasbro - Time Remaining: 2 days 6 hours 42 minutes 19 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #160 - Grappling with Memory