Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers News: New Images of Takara Tomy Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber with Race Queens

Thursday, November 22nd, 2012 9:30AM CST

Categories: Sponsor News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 17,311

Site sponsor BigBadToyStore just sent over a new set of images for Takara Tomy's upcoming Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber. We finally get to see color images of both figures in their robot modes and the race queen figures that so many of you have been waiting for. The 90mm race queens are fully articulated. Images mirrored below.

Pre-orders can be found at the following links:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail

Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images

Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images

Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images

Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images
Credit(s): BBTS
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber with Race Queens (1441622)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 22nd, 2012 @ 9:47am CST
Prime and Saber, two walking advertisements. :lol:
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber with Race Queens (1441624)
Posted by Hip-Hoptimus Rime on November 22nd, 2012 @ 9:56am CST
The knees and ankles look awful, they hurt the whole look. Yes, articulation good, but there must be a better way, like Barbie doll knees. Less range of motion, but much better appearance.

And speaking of appearances: yowza.

That is all.
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber with Race Queens (1441628)
Posted by RodimalToyota on November 22nd, 2012 @ 10:19am CST
Holy crap! Microman Race Queens!
I love it!
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber with Race Queens (1441635)
Posted by kirbenvost on November 22nd, 2012 @ 10:30am CST
At least they're better than HA figures. :lol:

Man, I really wish I could get Star Saber, but he's just too expensive.
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber with Race Queens (1441639)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on November 22nd, 2012 @ 10:36am CST
I just want the girls, the girls......must have! =P~
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber with Race Queens (1441645)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on November 22nd, 2012 @ 10:54am CST
So Star Saber has a gun sword? I hope theres a way to hold it up right.
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber with Race Queens (1441647)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 22nd, 2012 @ 11:02am CST
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber with Race Queens (1441650)
Posted by hinomars19 on November 22nd, 2012 @ 11:19am CST
Well the race queen figures certainly explain the price hike. Defitnetly getting them now I know I'm not paying silly prices just for a quick retool. :grin:

But 90mm? So they are no way in scale/meant to interact with the TF? I thought maybe we were gonna get something about the size of MP Spike who could ride around in them :D Not complaining though :KREMZEEK:

Saber is pretty.
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber with Race Queens (1441670)
Posted by Hiryu02 on November 22nd, 2012 @ 1:02pm CST
I thought folks were just being a bit petty about the mold, but now that I've seen in it close to final form, it really isn't that great.

The shins, feet, forearms and hands in particular just don't look good.
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber with Race Queens (1441681)
Posted by craggy on November 22nd, 2012 @ 2:06pm CST
dagnabbit, the more i see of Star Saber the more I like. He comes with the blue girlie, yes?
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber with Race Queens (1441716)
Posted by Manterax Prime on November 22nd, 2012 @ 5:02pm CST
Posable Race Queens? THANK YOU TAKARA! That has officially sealed the deal for me.

Though, they could've done better. They're not bad, they just could be better. Still, nothing major to complain about.

Totally getting Prime and Saber. Wonder what Fort Max's Race Queen will look like.

And are the Kiss Player haters rejoicing yet?
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber with Race Queens (1441717)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on November 22nd, 2012 @ 5:09pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:The Race Queens are Microman figures using the Micro Action Series body. They're 3.75" tall.

Leave it to TakaraTomy to have Transformers and Microman crossbreed again :lol: Would those figures be in scale with 1:32 though?
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber with Race Queens (1441720)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 22nd, 2012 @ 5:22pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

No way.

They'd have to be like the size of MP Spike to fit inside the toys' Vehicle modes. ;)
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber with Race Queens (1441740)
Posted by KNM2012 on November 22nd, 2012 @ 8:49pm CST
Speaking of Microman... I wonder if they have ever considered doing pre-Transformers reissues. Diaclone is currently 30 and Microman will turn 40 in a couple of years. Plus, we have less than 3 years (for Japan) until they celebrate 30 years of Transformers there.

And yes - Atop of a few Transformers that I'd like to see be placed in the Encore line... I would love to see the Diaclone line get some love, even if they become Toy Hobby or e-HOBBY exclusives. My collection needs some of that kind of lovin'. :lol:

But with this... Lets just say that I am glad I did not preorder. Just not feeling anything when it comes to the final product. >:oP
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber with Race Queens (1441760)
Posted by guarayakha on November 22nd, 2012 @ 11:39pm CST

Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber with Race Queens (1441793)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on November 23rd, 2012 @ 6:49am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

No way.

O well, Saber is on the maybe list. My Asterisk and KP girls are getting lonely ;;)
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber with Race Queens (1441855)
Posted by kirbenvost on November 23rd, 2012 @ 1:29pm CST
guarayakha wrote:Starsaber would've been perfect if he was in Convoy's alt colors, and vice versa. But that's just my opinion.

True dat. Although he could use a bit more white on the chest, maybe.
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber with Race Queens (1442197)
Posted by daimchoc on November 25th, 2012 @ 9:32pm CST
c/o Cybergundam

Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber with Race Queens (1442208)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on November 25th, 2012 @ 10:33pm CST
So OP's "Lady" was inspired by an actual race queen?
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber with Race Queens (1442210)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 25th, 2012 @ 10:48pm CST
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:So OP's "Lady" was inspired by an actual race queen?
Yup. Misaki Takahashi, to be specific.
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber with Race Queens (1442224)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on November 26th, 2012 @ 12:47am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:So OP's "Lady" was inspired by an actual race queen?
Yup. Misaki Takahashi, to be specific.

Thanks for the info!

My Japanese is pretty rudimentary especially when it comes to Kanji, so I could only make out the characters Taka(something) Mi(something). :lol:

I think she actually looks prettier than the figure. Or maybe it's just the lack of ball joints? :P
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber with Race Queens (1442239)
Posted by craggy on November 26th, 2012 @ 4:27am CST
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:So OP's "Lady" was inspired by an actual race queen?
Yup. Misaki Takahashi, to be specific.

Thanks for the info!

I think it's just the manufacturers managed to hide the articulation points better on humans, and to be fair, they are a much larger scale.
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber with Race Queens (1442319)
Posted by lonrac on November 26th, 2012 @ 1:13pm CST
soooo tempting, but as I can only afford one, I'll pick the character I don't have many versions of already
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber with Race Queens (1442475)
Posted by Anonymous on November 27th, 2012 @ 6:11am CST
craggy wrote:
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:So OP's "Lady" was inspired by an actual race queen?
Yup. Misaki Takahashi, to be specific.

Thanks for the info!