Transformers News: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud TFC-A02 Brawn and TFC-D02 Starscream

Saturday, April 5th, 2014 9:13AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 24,649

Courtesy of e-Hobby and the TakaraTomy Mall we have some new images of their upcoming Transformers Cloud exclusives TFC-A02 Brawn and TFC-D02 Starscream. These images include a group shot with the previously released TFC-A01 Optimus Prime and TFC-D01 Megatron, packaging, and the covers from the comics included with the aforementioned Optimus Prime and Megatron releases. Check 'em out below:

Transformers News: Re: Transformers Cloud Figures announced Brawn And Starscream

Credit(s): e-Hobby and TakaraTomy Mall
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud TFC-A02 Brawn and TFC-D02 Starscream (1562975)
Posted by Rated X on April 5th, 2014 @ 3:25pm CDT
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud TFC-A02 Brawn and TFC-D02 Starscream (1562986)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on April 5th, 2014 @ 3:56pm CDT
Rated X wrote:This line is such a joke. It's like Machine Wars all over again. But at least in Machine Wars they gave them new colors instead G1 paint schemes. And trying to say that "Asia didnt get the molds" is stupid. At $100 bucks a pop, collectors are the intended target of this line, not kids. Every collector in Asia who wanted the mold got it already online. In the age of online shopping, theres no such thing as an "Asian exclusive".

Japan dear, Japan. Japan is a market separate from mainland Asia, end of story.
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud TFC-A02 Brawn and TFC-D02 Starscream (1562987)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 5th, 2014 @ 3:58pm CDT
Believe or not, collectors like to buy domestically too.

Money may be no object for you, but how you spend your money doesn't represent the same for everyone.
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud TFC-A02 Brawn and TFC-D02 Starscream (1562992)
Posted by harvester on April 5th, 2014 @ 4:21pm CDT
They really should have used the other mold of Bulkhead:

It would have fit better in scale with everyone (not to mention his own body), maybe that head is still salvageable for the smaller mold
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud TFC-A02 Brawn and TFC-D02 Starscream (1562994)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 5th, 2014 @ 4:23pm CDT
harvester wrote:They really should have used the other mold of Bulkhead:
not when that head was made for the mold it was used for. They can't just go slapping any old head on any old body. That's not how it works.
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud TFC-A02 Brawn and TFC-D02 Starscream (1562997)
Posted by shajaki on April 5th, 2014 @ 4:29pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
harvester wrote:They really should have used the other mold of Bulkhead:

besides, they seem to want to stick with voyager sized molds, and i assume thats a deluxe.
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud TFC-A02 Brawn and TFC-D02 Starscream (1563003)
Posted by harvester on April 5th, 2014 @ 5:15pm CDT
shajaki wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
harvester wrote:They really should have used the other mold of Bulkhead:

It is a deluxe, that's why it would fit better in scale but I do agree that they are trying to stick with Voyagers.

Sabrblade, who are "they"? Did this head exist before they chose this mold? I don't know what you are trying to say. What I was trying to say is, I wonder if I could get a hold of this Brawn, and put his head on a custom painted deluxe Bulkhead. Brawn always had a bigger head to body ratio but in this Cloud fig, the proportions looked flipped to me.

Brawn with big head: (courtesy of tfwiki)

I like how these turned out, I just don't like the oversized Brawn with awkward proportions. If I could swap the head with a deluxe, I think it would look better with this mix of figs, even if I have to pop the head off to transform it (when I would probably just keep it in bot mode).
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud TFC-A02 Brawn and TFC-D02 Starscream (1563004)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on April 5th, 2014 @ 5:25pm CDT
That head was indeed pre-existing, for the GDO series Brawn that was canceled for some reason:

And with "they" we usually mean Hasbro or TakaraTomy.
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud TFC-A02 Brawn and TFC-D02 Starscream (1563005)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 5th, 2014 @ 5:26pm CDT
I'm saying that this Brawn head was made for the Voyager Bulkhead mold, and that it can't be put on the Deluxe mold because it wasn't made to fit on that toy's body.

The "they" I'm referring to are Hasbro and TakaraTomy, who made designed this head specifically for the Voyager Bulkhead body.

One cannot take any head they want and stick it on any body they want if said heads and bodies weren't made to connect with each other.

As for why they went with the Voyager mold instead of the Deluxe one at the time that this head was made, the Deluxe Bulkhead toy didn't even exist yet.
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud TFC-A02 Brawn and TFC-D02 Starscream (1563010)
Posted by Rated X on April 5th, 2014 @ 5:44pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Believe or not, collectors like to buy domestically too.

I used to feel the same way, until I realized that every dollar I saved on shipping was being spent on gas. Sometimes I would drive 25 miles away and return home with nothing to show for it. The thrill of the hunt wears off after a while.

Also, I wouldn’t think $100 figures will be big sellers in Asian toy stores that specialize in kids lines. It would be the equivalent to finding Millions Publishing exclusives for sale at TRU. Maybe a handful of Asian hobby shops that cater to collectors will carry the Cloud line. But not retail chains that target kids. What parent is going to buy them for a 5 year old to rough play ? In my travels to the Philippines, retail chains at malls only had regular Hasbro figures. I hit up a few hobby shops and found a variety of Takara, Gundam, and 3rd party products.
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud TFC-A02 Brawn and TFC-D02 Starscream (1563011)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 5th, 2014 @ 5:53pm CDT
When I said "collectors like to buy domestically too", that included "buying online".

Items domestically available in the U.S. tend to cost a lot less on BBTS and TFSource than imported TakaraTomy items on the same sites do.

Likewise, those who live in Hong Kong who buy from RobotKingdom have less to pay for shipping costs than those who live in the U.S. buying from the same site do.

If these Cloud toys were being made by Hasbro, Inc. in America instead of by TakaraTomy, chances are they would cost a lot less for American consumers than they do now, regardless if they were still sold online or in stores.
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud TFC-A02 Brawn and TFC-D02 Starscream (1563019)
Posted by gantzrunner on April 5th, 2014 @ 7:08pm CDT
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud TFC-A02 Brawn and TFC-D02 Starscream (1563021)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 5th, 2014 @ 7:17pm CDT
gantzrunner wrote:I really, REALLY wish they would stop with the "invaluable loli/preteen girl" concept in Japanese transformers. I love manga, anime, and western comics/animation equally do I'm not trying to be hateful but it's honestly starting to creep me out (see Kiss Players). I hope the comics made for cloud are creepy-robo-tongue-waggling-at-little-girls-free lol that aside... I only dislike Megatron, send he has the same terrible head sculpt as gdo Megatron. Really hope they make rodimus!
You are aware that that thing isn't a person, right? It's an A.I. entity called SARA.

And don't worry. The Cloud fiction is more based around dimension-hopping than anything, as the story with Optimus and Megatron had them going to the G1 cartoon universe, while the Brawn & Starscream story has them going to the Armada cartoon world. Completely free of grossness.
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud TFC-A02 Brawn and TFC-D02 Starscream (1563026)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on April 5th, 2014 @ 7:46pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:*waits patiently for a cool new Shockwave in Thrilling 30*

*reads this*

:BOOM:

Hasbro...please. I'm begging you. Don't. Whirl is a deplorable mold.

TakaraTomy, not Hasbro.

Whirl is That bad?? I have and love him to be honest however I don't think that mold would make a good shockwave.. However a Rodimus from springer would be cool
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud TFC-A02 Brawn and TFC-D02 Starscream (1563079)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on April 6th, 2014 @ 6:00am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

Besides, how many of these have we had so far? Only Kiss Players and 15 Go! Go! Technically we could count T-AI from RiD too, which was before Kiss Players. ;)
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud TFC-A02 Brawn and TFC-D02 Starscream (1563339)
Posted by thedistinctroom on April 7th, 2014 @ 1:41pm CDT
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud TFC-A02 Brawn and TFC-D02 Starscream (1563425)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 7th, 2014 @ 10:13pm CDT
thedistinctroom wrote:Why is this range called "Cloud"? Is the TF multi-verse, when viewed on a diagram, a cloud of some sort? Idk.
The primary location of the line's fiction is a dimension called "Cloud World".

As for why, I dunno. Japan sometimes uses words that sound weird to us but might be fine for them.
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud TFC-A02 Brawn and TFC-D02 Starscream (1563532)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on April 8th, 2014 @ 8:26am CDT

Possibly because the characters are from an intangible dimension? Or the toys are simply out of reach for most. :lol:
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud TFC-A02 Brawn and TFC-D02 Starscream (1563647)
Posted by thedistinctroom on April 8th, 2014 @ 2:48pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

:D I like yr answer. :BOT:
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud TFC-A02 Brawn and TFC-D02 Starscream (1563649)
Posted by thedistinctroom on April 8th, 2014 @ 2:49pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
The primary location of the line's fiction is a dimension called "Cloud World".

Well, that does explain it! Thanks!

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #136 - The Gathering