Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Generatins TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox

Transformers News: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Generatins TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox

Wednesday, February 19th, 2014 8:46PM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 10,631

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

We have a few new in-hand and in-package images of Takara Tomy's upcoming Transformers Generations TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox via TF Yuki. Both feature the line's signature metallic paint applications. Check out the images mirrored below:

Transformers News: Re: Official TakaraTomy pics of TG-30 Waspinator, TG-31 Rhinox, MP-12G Lambor G2 Version, and MP-13B Sou

Transformers News: Re: Official TakaraTomy pics of TG-30 Waspinator, TG-31 Rhinox, MP-12G Lambor G2 Version, and MP-13B Sou

Transformers News: Re: Official TakaraTomy pics of TG-30 Waspinator, TG-31 Rhinox, MP-12G Lambor G2 Version, and MP-13B Sou

Transformers News: Re: Official TakaraTomy pics of TG-30 Waspinator, TG-31 Rhinox, MP-12G Lambor G2 Version, and MP-13B Sou
Credit(s): TF YUKI
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Generatins TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1552181)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 19th, 2014 @ 9:03pm CST
Forget Hasbro's sand-colored toy, I WANT THAT RHINOX!

Though, I may need to get both Hasbro's and Takara's Waspinators and Frankenstein a show-accurate version from each.
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Generatins TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1552300)
Posted by GuyIncognito on February 20th, 2014 @ 8:17am CST
Image

Image

I prefer my Beasts to look like the real animal.
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Generatins TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1552301)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 20th, 2014 @ 8:20am CST
The gloss means nothing to me. I care about the color shade, and that shade is more show-accurate than Hasbro's.
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Generatins TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1552348)
Posted by Manterax Prime on February 20th, 2014 @ 10:42am CST
Sabrblade wrote:The gloss means nothing to me. I care about the color shade, and that shade is more show-accurate than Hasbro's.


True, but even so, organic is better than shiny in some cases. I have to agree w/ GuyIncognito.

If it didn't have the gloss, I'd get this one instead, but sadly that's not the case.


Waspinator: Still wrong.
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Generatins TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1552398)
Posted by mooncake623 on February 20th, 2014 @ 2:03pm CST
Got my shipping notice from HLJ the three.

if anyone is interested


Rhinox instock
http://www.hlj.com/product/TKT80445/Sci


Waspinator in stock
http://www.hlj.com/product/TKT80444/Sci

G2 Lambor in stock as well

http://www.hlj.com/product/TKT49828/Sci

as of 3:02 Eastern time
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Generatins TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1552436)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 20th, 2014 @ 4:16pm CST
One more new one!

Image
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Generatins TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1552543)
Posted by TimothyR on February 21st, 2014 @ 12:37am CST
Manterax Prime wrote:Well, at least Rhinox has properly colored ears and an accurate horn, but Hasbro's still come out on top strictly due to the reason it looks like an ORGANIC rhino.

Waspinator however is all kinds of wrong. Takara, you failed completely on him.
This is why Waspinator thinks the universe hates him.


hasbro's comes out on top because the rhino isn't a matte finish?.. hmm.. what about, like you said, the horn, the ears.. and hey WHAT ABOUT THE GUNS!?.. do they not factor at all?

synapse wrote:When I look at those painted guns I'm so glad I preordered Takara Rhinox instead of the Hasbro version :)


same here.. not only that.. but the fact that i have yet to see hasbro's rhinox in stores helps as well. if i'm going to be forced to pick up a toy from an e-tailer, i'm going to go with the more accurate version. which is the takara.

GuyIncognito wrote:Image

Image

I prefer my Beasts to look like the real animal.


really?.. these are supposed to be toys based off of a cartoon.. not real life. if it's the price that is unappealing, i can understand that. but to say that you want a transforming toy based on a character from beast wars to be animal accurate.. that reason seems pretty lame.. especially if you look at hasbro's sand colored rhinox.. both versions have their flaws, but neither is more accurate than the other when it comes to the real life animal.

Sabrblade wrote:The gloss means nothing to me. I care about the color shade, and that shade is more show-accurate than Hasbro's.


exactly. the shade is much closer to being show accurate, and it's not like the damn thing is brown colored chrome.. so. it's just a little more shiny than hasbro's. you could just think of it as a rhino that is soaking wet lol.

plus, like synapse said.. the guns really tie the whole thing together. they're fantastic.

Sabrblade wrote:One more new one!

Image


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

... you tell me which one is more accurate?.. it's indisputable if you ask me.

hell.. the one thing about the takara version that i wish was different is the green.. i wish the green was more shiny.
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Generatins TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1552545)
Posted by Manterax Prime on February 21st, 2014 @ 1:06am CST
TimothyR wrote:and hey WHAT ABOUT THE GUNS!?.. do they not factor at all?


Nope, because all that's required is a couple things of paint that one may have at home and they can paint the guns up themselves.

Example: the last picture in your post.

No point in paying extra for a $20 figure when you can paint it yourself for free.
Plus, I may be a big BW fan, but I'm not die hard enough to care about accuracy all that much.
However, I will not hesitate to correct someone when they say a figure is accurate when it clearly isn't.

Case in point: Waspinator. In the show, Waspy is a combination of green, light green, yellow, along w/ forest green on his bot mode eyes and beast mode mandibles . These colors are present on Hasbro's Waspinator, whereas Takara's Waspinator is a metallic forest green nearly everywhere w/ gold.
And yet I've seen people saying that Takara's is accurate. Sadly they are wrong.

Now then, I'm not denying that Takara's Rhinox is more show accurate, because he clearly is, however some of us don't like the metallic finish on him and therefore we feel more content w/ Hasbro's.
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Generatins TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1552606)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 21st, 2014 @ 9:03am CST
TimothyR wrote:Image

... you tell me which one is more accurate?.. it's indisputable if you ask me.
Erm, well, for that particular pic, the one on the left isn't the Takara figure. It's Cheetimus Primal's hand-painted custom.
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Generatins TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1552608)
Posted by GuyIncognito on February 21st, 2014 @ 9:15am CST
TimothyR wrote:
GuyIncognito wrote:
I prefer my Beasts to look like the real animal.


really?.. these are supposed to be toys based off of a cartoon..



Hasbro is a toy-maker first and foremost, and the only reason the cartoon exists is to promote sales of the toys.

If the whole point is to be a robot IN DISGUISE, shouldn't it look like a real animal? Unless these are Transmetals.

Why would I want a toy that's designed to look exactly like this mess? Is this really the standard you think they should aspire to?

Image

Sometimes animators make poor color choices. It looks to me like the animators tried and failed to make the cartoon character look like a real rhino. I don't want a toy that replicates their failure.
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Generatins TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1552618)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 21st, 2014 @ 9:27am CST
GuyIncognito wrote:Hasbro is a toy-maker first and foremost, and the only reason the cartoon exists is to promote sales of the toys.
In this case, however, the opposite is true. They made this toy based on the existing cartoon model.

GuyIncognito wrote:Sometimes animators make poor color choices, and everything was shiny in those early days of CGI.
He wasn't a shiny rhino in the show. That's all Takara's weirdness. But it's the colors themselves that they got right.

GuyIncognito wrote:If the whole point is to be a robot IN DISGUISE,
It was not. The Beast Modes of Beast Wars weren't disguises. That show took the whole "robots in disguise" aspect and tossed it aside, since the main point of the Beast Modes was protection from energon radiation, as well as for long distance transport and mobility.

GuyIncognito wrote:Why would I want a toy that's designed to look exactly like this mess? Is this really the standard you think they should aspire to?

Image

It looks to me like the animators tried and failed to make the cartoon character look like a real rhino. I don't want a toy that replicates their failure.
Wow, a cartoon character than actually looks like a cartoon instead of real life! The horror!

I guess that means the only toys we should ever buy are those based on onscreen Movieverse characters, since they're the only ones that ever looked real on screen. :roll:
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Generatins TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1552686)
Posted by Manterax Prime on February 21st, 2014 @ 2:15pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:It was not. The Beast Modes of Beast Wars weren't disguises. That show took the whole "robots in disguise" aspect and tossed it aside


G1 cartoon did it too.
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Generatins TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1552688)
Posted by GuyIncognito on February 21st, 2014 @ 2:46pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
GuyIncognito wrote:If the whole point is to be a robot IN DISGUISE,
It was not. The Beast Modes of Beast Wars weren't disguises. That show took the whole "robots in disguise" aspect and tossed it aside, since the main point of the Beast Modes was protection from energon radiation, as well as for long distance transport and mobility.


That doesn't make sense. Please explain why only animal shapes make them radiation-proof, or how a rhinoceros shape is better for long-distance transport than, say, a Cybertronian jet?

Also, the fiction says they scanned local fauna to create their alt modes. So shouldn't Rhinox look like a real rhino? Or did he scan some sort of mutant brown-and-gold rhino?
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Generatins TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1552753)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 21st, 2014 @ 8:33pm CST
GuyIncognito wrote:That doesn't make sense. Please explain why only animal shapes make them radiation-proof, or how a rhinoceros shape is better for long-distance transport than, say, a Cybertronian jet?
What the slag else were they going to scan for altmodes on a prehistoric planet with nothing but plants and animals on it?

The organic exteriors of their beast modes protected them from the poisonous radiation that would have killed them with more and more exposure to it. Their mechanical robot forms were susceptible to the radiation, so taking any mechanical altmodes (which didn't even exist on that planet, btw) would have been suicide.

And they work better for travel because four legs > two legs.

GuyIncognito wrote:Also, the fiction says they scanned local fauna to create their alt modes. So shouldn't Rhinox look like a real rhino? Or did he scan some sort of mutant brown-and-gold rhino?
Image

We are talking about an eighteen year old cartoon that was incapable of looking any more realistic than it did because was using the absolute very best television animation technology of the time. Of course it looks dated and unrealistic by today's standards, it's came out eighteen years ago! There's no way it could have looked any better than it did, that was the pinnacle of television CGI for 1996. You can't expect it to have looked like real life like you can with today's shows because today's TV show technology didn't exist back then.
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Generatins TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1552784)
Posted by TimothyR on February 21st, 2014 @ 11:07pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
TimothyR wrote:Image

... you tell me which one is more accurate?.. it's indisputable if you ask me.
Erm, well, for that particular pic, the one on the left isn't the Takara figure. It's Cheetimus Primal's hand-painted custom.


my mistake. thanks for the correction. my point still stands though.

GuyIncognito wrote:
TimothyR wrote:
GuyIncognito wrote:
I prefer my Beasts to look like the real animal.


really?.. these are supposed to be toys based off of a cartoon..



Hasbro is a toy-maker first and foremost, and the only reason the cartoon exists is to promote sales of the toys.

If the whole point is to be a robot IN DISGUISE, shouldn't it look like a real animal? Unless these are Transmetals.

Why would I want a toy that's designed to look exactly like this mess? Is this really the standard you think they should aspire to?

Image

Sometimes animators make poor color choices. It looks to me like the animators tried and failed to make the cartoon character look like a real rhino. I don't want a toy that replicates their failure.


hmm.. why would you want a toy that looked like this "mess".. maybe because it's accurate to the show that a lot of us enjoyed.. if you didn't, that's your problem. but when i buy toys of characters that i liked.. i prefer them to look like what i saw on screen.

you must dislike ALL animal transformers.. because they're ALL inaccurate to the real thing.

you don't want a toy that replicates their "failure".. like sabrblade said.. it was a cartoon..

and like you said earlier that hasbro is a toy maker and that the cartoon exists to sell the toys.. well why would they make a rhino that doesn't look like the tool they're using to sell it?

your points are conflicting.

Manterax Prime wrote:
TimothyR wrote:and hey WHAT ABOUT THE GUNS!?.. do they not factor at all?


Nope, because all that's required is a couple things of paint that one may have at home and they can paint the guns up themselves.

Now then, I'm not denying that Takara's Rhinox is more show accurate, because he clearly is, however some of us don't like the metallic finish on him and therefore we feel more content w/ Hasbro's.


the whole point of the post is pointing out takara's accuracy on rhinox....

as for painting the guns.. i'm sorry but i don't feel like i should have to paint the guns myself when takara has shown that it could've been released that way to begin with. it doesn't make sense..

not to mention i don't feel like having to find the color green that's going to match.

as for the extra $20.. a decent brush costs around $6.. then $3 for green $3 for silver $3 for black or gunmetal $2 for paint thinner.. then you'll probably need a clear coat to prevent wear and tear and lastly, you might need to mix your own green, so you'll need yet another color. then there's the 30 or so minutes it's going to take to do it.. no thanks. i'd rather pay the extra $20 to have the guns painted and a more accurate color scheme.

i don't understand how paying $20 for a less accurate figure.. then needing to get and pay for all of the supplies needed to paint the guns doesn't factor in.. it seems like a major factor if you ask me.
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Generatins TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1552893)
Posted by Manterax Prime on February 22nd, 2014 @ 1:23pm CST
Um.....what?
I didn't say anything about buying paint. I said using paint one has at home.

You need to go back and read my post again, Mr. TimothyR, because you clearly read it wrong.
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Generatins TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1552957)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 22nd, 2014 @ 10:50pm CST
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Generatins TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1552969)
Posted by Autobot032 on February 23rd, 2014 @ 12:10am CST
Blogger Alfes 2010 presents two new new mini galleries of Takara Tomy's TG-31 Rhinox and TG-30 Waspinator. Both figures have a darker metallic coloring to their paint and plastic deco, and as always, Alfes provides comparison shots with the lighter US versions to show off the differences.

Both figures are seeing full release in Japan now, and should see US online retail (BBTS, TFSource) sometime late this week/beginning of next.

Waspinator - http://higekumatoytoy.blog60.fc2.com/blog-entry-2189.html

Image

Image

Image

Rhinox - http://higekumatoytoy.blog60.fc2.com/blog-entry-2190.html

Image

Image

Image

Image

Keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in news and updates, plus the best galleries around!
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Generatins TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1552973)
Posted by Rockdown on February 23rd, 2014 @ 12:28am CST
The Hasbro version has superior colour.
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Generatins TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1552976)
Posted by Autobot032 on February 23rd, 2014 @ 1:25am CST
Rockdown wrote:The Hasbro version has superior colour.


That gold plastic on Rhinox just screams GPS. It was said somewhere that Hasbro once claimed they've overcome the GPS problem, and from what I can tell, they have. I think the last figures to have problems were preview Starscream (Transformers 2007) and the Legends Scorponok (Energon subline of Transformers 2007)

I don't currently recall any other recent figures having a GPS problem (I'm sure I'm forgetting one or two, but hopefully I'm right and it's just those two) but that Rhinox just looks too scary to own.

I still worry about Leader Class Starscream from HFTD. It's one of my favorite LCs.
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Generatins TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1552982)
Posted by Dead Metal on February 23rd, 2014 @ 3:19am CST
The more pics I see, the more annoyed I am. Neither the Hasbro nor the Takara versions are satisfying. The Hasbro versions aren't accurate and look really plasticy, and the Takara versions are mostly use show accurate shades of the colours, but decided to make all the organic robot-mode parts metallic while all the parts that are metallic in the show are matte plastic.

I'll just wait and see if one of them decided to release show accurate decoes down the line.
I know, I've been saying I'll get these, but yea not going to happen now.
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Generatins TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1552998)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 23rd, 2014 @ 5:41am CST
Autobot032 wrote:
Rockdown wrote:The Hasbro version has superior colour.


That gold plastic on Rhinox just screams GPS.
What gold plastic?
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Generatins TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1553015)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on February 23rd, 2014 @ 7:45am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:
Rockdown wrote:The Hasbro version has superior colour.


That gold plastic on Rhinox just screams GPS.
What gold plastic?


All gold on either Rhinox should be paint, not plastic. Even the bronze colored hide of the Japanese version. Besides, not all gold plastic is prone to GPS.
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Generatins TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1553043)
Posted by Delta Magnus on February 23rd, 2014 @ 10:34am CST
Waspinator looks so damn shiny! I'll be honest, if my budget wasn't so low ATM I'd buy him. I'm a sucker for metallic paint.
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Generatins TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1553072)
Posted by Sodan-1 on February 23rd, 2014 @ 2:38pm CST
I find it so frustrating that Hasbro didn't bother painting the gun barrel blades given the paint effort that went into the main figure. Definitely a bit of a conundrum there.

Still haven't figured out which of the Waspinators I have a preference for.
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Generatins TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1553089)
Posted by Manterax Prime on February 23rd, 2014 @ 3:57pm CST
Dead Metal wrote:The Hasbro versions aren't accurate and look really plasticy, and the Takara versions are mostly use show accurate shades of the colours

I'll just wait and see if one of them decided to release show accurate decoes down the line.


That's where you're WRONG. Hasbro's Waspinator IS ACCURATE! Takara's isn't. Why do people keep saying it is???
Here's a tidbit from a previous post of mine.
Case in point: Waspinator. In the show, Waspy is a combination of green, light green, yellow, along w/ forest green on his bot mode eyes and beast mode mandibles . These colors are present on Hasbro's Waspinator, whereas Takara's Waspinator is a metallic forest green nearly everywhere w/ gold.
And yet I've seen people saying that Takara's is accurate. Sadly they are wrong.
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Generatins TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1553092)
Posted by Delta Magnus on February 23rd, 2014 @ 4:05pm CST
You do have a point, although the actual finish on the Takara version looks more accurate- Waspinator always had that pearlescent metallic sheen. Also, accuracy aside, I think the metallics just look better.
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Generatins TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1553095)
Posted by dragons on February 23rd, 2014 @ 4:21pm CST
Sodan-1 wrote:I find it so frustrating that Hasbro didn't bother painting the gun barrel blades given the paint effort that went into the main figure. Definitely a bit of a conundrum there.

Still haven't figured out which of the Waspinators I have a preference for.


shocking thing neither did takara expected to do so,

but as of any member prefer Hasbro over takara, takra looks shiny from hasbro other members it depends on there likeness of colors, what looks better to them everyone has different things to like
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Generatins TG-30 Waspinator and TG-31 Rhinox (1553207)
Posted by Dead Metal on February 24th, 2014 @ 9:28am CST
Manterax Prime wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:The Hasbro versions aren't accurate and look really plasticy, and the Takara versions are mostly use show accurate shades of the colours

I'll just wait and see if one of them decided to release show accurate decoes down the line.


That's where you're WRONG. Hasbro's Waspinator IS ACCURATE! Takara's isn't. Why do people keep saying it is???
Here's a tidbit from a previous post of mine.
Case in point: Waspinator. In the show, Waspy is a combination of green, light green, yellow, along w/ forest green on his bot mode eyes and beast mode mandibles . These colors are present on Hasbro's Waspinator, whereas Takara's Waspinator is a metallic forest green nearly everywhere w/ gold.
And yet I've seen people saying that Takara's is accurate. Sadly they are wrong.

Nope sorry, you may have misread where I said that both are inaccurate by both companies.
The Takara dark green is the shade of dark green Hasbro needs to use for the dark green parts, other than that their colour layout is more show accurate than Takara's, while looking very plasticy. Which was my complaint from the beginning.
I would like the metal parts to use a plastic with a metallic sheen or metallic paint with the animal parts being more matte, which neither does.