New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime Triple Changer

Friday, December 20th, 2013 8:09PM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 28,699

Thanks to a tweet from @_blackburn_ we have a new image of Takara Tomy's upcoming Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime. This version of the Autobot leader has three modes; robot, bullet train, and dragon. He also has the ability to combine with G01 Kenzan or G05 Gekisomaru to form a super robot. This image gives us a great look at the figure in all three modes, plus his massive double bladed weapon.

Transformers News: Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus EX Prime Triple Changer
Credit(s): @_blackburn_

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime Triple Changer (1536710)
Posted by Mkall on December 20th, 2013 @ 8:28pm CST
I predict 10 years from now, someone is going to post an eBay auction for this toy with the following question:

"Is this a KO? I looks like Optimus Prime, but it doesn't transform into a truck?"

It looks rather kibbly, especially around the arms.
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime Triple Changer (1536713)
Posted by CR71Autobot on December 20th, 2013 @ 9:04pm CST
Wow... that's just... Wow...
That is one ugly transformer....
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime Triple Changer (1536717)
Posted by mattyc1007 on December 20th, 2013 @ 9:50pm CST
Come on Takara pull your chop sticks from where the sun don't shine, these figures look ridiculous that their pumping out now >.>

They do amazing work with lines such as Alterity... then this!

The train ain't bad, and Im a sucker for Train/TF's, but that dragon is NASTY on so many levels! >.<
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime Triple Changer (1536720)
Posted by Rated X on December 20th, 2013 @ 10:06pm CST
:SICK: :SICK: :SICK:
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime Triple Changer (1536721)
Posted by durroth on December 20th, 2013 @ 10:13pm CST
the dragon looks like someone accidentally all the combiner kibble on it. The train mode looks disturbingly clean and solid when compared to the rest.
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime Triple Changer (1536722)
Posted by Cobalt Prime on December 20th, 2013 @ 10:25pm CST
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime Triple Changer (1536724)
Posted by durroth on December 20th, 2013 @ 10:44pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
RhA wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
RhA wrote:He never said there are NO OTHER combiners,
Never claimed he did.

Then what's the use of posting that buttload of combiners?
In response to his claim of "combiners formed by a number of components that's different from 5 are weak".

Tripredacus still looks amazing. Magnaboss would look so much less stupid if they fixed that perpetual looking up thing... I kinda wish they had gone for a set combiner like those instead of the modular teams.
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime Triple Changer (1536726)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 20th, 2013 @ 11:21pm CST
My reaction to those big arms in dragon mode:

Seriously, am I the only one on here who sincerely thinks this thing looks cool?
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime Triple Changer (1536727)
Posted by durroth on December 20th, 2013 @ 11:25pm CST
It looks cool, but I'm still not sold on the dragon mode (The big dragon arms seem to be the reason the arm kibble in robot mode is so huge too since it looks like they're the same part... I want to see it in robot mode with the dragon claws out.)
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime Triple Changer (1536743)
Posted by fenrir72 on December 21st, 2013 @ 1:50am CST
When when when?
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime Triple Changer (1536757)
Posted by VioMeTriX on December 21st, 2013 @ 6:00am CST
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime Triple Changer (1536762)
Posted by Dead Metal on December 21st, 2013 @ 6:41am CST
Only way to describe this accurately.
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime Triple Changer (1536765)
Posted by morphobots on December 21st, 2013 @ 7:02am CST
Cobalt Prime wrote:I'm sick to death of all these bladed weapons they're packaging Prime with these days instead of a nice big rifle. Call me a G1 purist if you will, but these are futuristic robots, not knights of old. Even that huge Beast Hunters Prime only comes with that God-awful sword and shield in terms of hand held weapons. A big chunky figure should have had a big chunky hand held high tech beam weapon or something imo. These GO! figures seem to be following the same trend.

Seconded. I miss weapons intended to be so advanced they didn't even make sense, like Skullcruncher's rubberizer rifle for "tenderizing" his opponents. That cracked me up even when I was a kid.
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime Triple Changer (1536766)
Posted by Cobalt Prime on December 21st, 2013 @ 7:13am CST
morphobots wrote:

I know! I wouldn't have been a bit surprised to see "Wheeljack Arms" stamped into every weapon carried by either side, lol
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime Triple Changer (1536771)
Posted by Mindmaster on December 21st, 2013 @ 7:47am CST
Eh, definitely not my cup of tea. Doesn't look bad, but it doesn't appeal to me in any way whatsoever. >:oP
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime Triple Changer (1536783)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 21st, 2013 @ 8:45am CST
VioMeTriX wrote:this is hands down the worst transformer I've ever seen, in this day and age there is no excuse for shit like this.
Dead Metal wrote:Only way to describe this accurately.

Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime Triple Changer (1536785)
Posted by Megazarak on December 21st, 2013 @ 8:52am CST
Hm, thought I'd like him cause he's a train and all, but geez, he is kinda ugly. He's not so bad that I wouldn't consider at the right price (he is still a train after all), but uh, that can wait for a while.
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime Triple Changer (1536800)
Posted by craggy on December 21st, 2013 @ 10:57am CST
I think he looks kinda cool. :-$

If I could have picked up the 3 bot Go! combiners for Hasbro prices (probably £40 or so for the ones with electronics?) I would have because I liked them for the most part, and think this one is decent too. I'd have liked to have seen Decepticons or Predacons in this style as well.
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime Triple Changer (1536803)
Posted by PrymeStriker on December 21st, 2013 @ 11:55am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:Only way to describe this accurately. This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before.
DOTM Mudflap & Skids

Come on, guys. We all know that there is one transformer toy that sucks more than this abomination of a figure, or any figure at that.

Don't act like you don't remember her.

Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime Triple Changer (1536805)
Posted by Mindmaster on December 21st, 2013 @ 12:04pm CST
PrymeStriker wrote:

What are you, nuts? That ain't the worst of them all. This is:

Ending Soon On eBay

MIB Transformers Masterpiece Starscream USA Edition TAKARA TOMY Japanese robot - Time Remaining: 8 days 33 minutes 41 seconds
Megatron Transformers Prime Beast Hunters  Voyager Class Action Figure - Time Remaining: 2 days 13 hours 10 minutes 7 seconds
Transformers Movie 2007 Offroad Ironhide Allspark Power Voyager MISB New Sealed - Time Remaining: 7 days 23 hours 19 minutes 19 seconds
SDCC 2016 EXCLUSIVE HASBRO TRANSFORMERS DECEPTICON SOUNDWAVE TABLET - Time Remaining: 2 days 12 hours 10 minutes 51 seconds
Transformers 1988 G1 Pretenders: Landmine *missing belt one rifle accessory - Time Remaining: 1 day 14 hours 19 minutes 3 seconds
Transformers 1988 G1 Powermasters: Joyride *figure only - Time Remaining: 1 day 14 hours 22 minutes 56 seconds
Transformers Robots in Disguise Power Surge Optimus Prime - Ready to Ship - Time Remaining: 1 day 18 hours 24 minutes 5 seconds
TRANSFORMERS PRIME BEAST HUNTERS PREDACONS RISING BEAST FIRE PREDAKING Target - Time Remaining: 2 days 13 hours 39 minutes 10 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #149 - Titans Arrive