Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

New Images of the Takara Tomy Capbots

Transformers News: New Images of the Takara Tomy Capbots

Friday, December 7th, 2012 8:13AM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 19,263

Courtesy of the TF YUKI twitter feed we have some new images of Takara Tomy's soon to be released Capbots, Captimus Prime and Capticon. Fortress Maximus even gets in on the fun! The Capbots are scheduled to release later this month. Check out the images mirrored below:

New Images of the Takara Tomy Capbots

New Images of the Takara Tomy Capbots

New Images of the Takara Tomy Capbots

New Images of the Takara Tomy Capbots
Credit(s): TF YUKI
Re: New Images of the Takara Tomy Capbots (1444798)
Posted by Lackadaisical on December 7th, 2012 @ 8:42am CST
I was so sure this was 1/1 scaled!
Re: New Images of the Takara Tomy Capbots (1444809)
Posted by gothsaurus on December 7th, 2012 @ 9:19am CST
Wow. If they engineered this to exactly fit Max.... well played. I wouldn't have even remotely thought about buying this until I saw the pic here. Now, I'm kinda tempted.
Re: New Images of the Takara Tomy Capbots (1444836)
Posted by President-prime on December 7th, 2012 @ 10:38am CST
Re: New Images of the Takara Tomy Capbots (1444851)
Posted by Gearslide on December 7th, 2012 @ 11:14am CST
It's like they're a third party add-on kit to turn Fortress Maximus into Maximum Douchebagus.
Re: New Images of the Takara Tomy Capbots (1444864)
Posted by GuyIncognito on December 7th, 2012 @ 12:13pm CST
President-prime wrote:Who's putting in a hundred bucks for this rescue bot looking thing? Seriously. The Nike was cool. Robots look cool. This is like Disney alreAdy bought Hasbro, but assuming Disney store has it for 20 bucks

They're $26.99 each, or $49.99 for the set of two, at BBTS.

I think they're cool. If Hasbro released them at Deluxe prices, I'd buy them.
Re: New Images of the Takara Tomy Capbots (1444866)
Posted by Mindmaster on December 7th, 2012 @ 12:16pm CST
The best part is that Fortress Maximus can wear them.
Re: New Images of the Takara Tomy Capbots (1444878)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on December 7th, 2012 @ 12:47pm CST
So you put a Capmaster on the only Double-Headmaster, causing the total brain-synch to transverse neural subspace and...

...give me flashbacks to those pics on Walky's old site of Fort Max wearing a diaper.

Well, I'm still on the fence about the Capbots, but for some reason this makes me want the Max reissue even more. Hm.
Re: New Images of the Takara Tomy Capbots (1444897)
Posted by reluctantyouth on December 7th, 2012 @ 2:03pm CST
I like them but they would be much better if there were a couple hinges in the bill so that they could fold into actual feet but I think I'm going to have to preorder Maximus now too! :BOT:
Re: New Images of the Takara Tomy Capbots (1445046)
Posted by Mykltron on December 8th, 2012 @ 5:30am CST
They sure do have a mighty amount of kibble.