New Images of the Upcoming Fansproject Protector Armor and Sidearm

Transformers News: New Images of the Upcoming Fansproject Protector Armor and Sidearm

Thursday, December 2nd, 2010 8:55PM CST

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: DevastaTTor   Views: 65,553

New images of the upcoming Fansproject Protector armor and add-on Targetmaster Sidearm have been posted by ACToys.net by site member Laotang. These new images show the complete set in even closer detail including Rodimus diplayed with all of the parts that become his Convoy appendages, several views of the trailer attached to Rodimus in alt mode, close-ups of the Guardian roller, and Sidearm sitting in the trailer's base/cannon mode. We also get a few pictures of the comic included with the set that doubles as the instructions along with the now familiar Parallax packaging.

The images below are mirrored from the gallery on ACToys. To view all the images, click HERE.

Credit(s): ACToys.net, Laotang, El Duque
Re: New Images of the Upcoming Fansproject Protector Armor and Sidearm (1153266)
Posted by chrisc4 on December 2nd, 2010 @ 9:08pm CST
barnicles! dirty barnicles! im starting to give in on this! too bad i have challenge at cybertron hot rod :BOOM:
Re: New Images of the Upcoming Fansproject Protector Armor and Sidearm (1153270)
Posted by It Is Him on December 2nd, 2010 @ 9:12pm CST
Re: New Images of the Upcoming Fansproject Protector Armor and Sidearm (1153271)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on December 2nd, 2010 @ 9:12pm CST
Re: New Images of the Upcoming Fansproject Protector Armor and Sidearm (1153278)
Posted by DISCHARGE on December 2nd, 2010 @ 9:24pm CST
Do the wheels on the trailer not touch the ground? It just looks odd to me in that first pic.
Re: New Images of the Upcoming Fansproject Protector Armor and Sidearm (1153280)
Posted by DevastaTTor on December 2nd, 2010 @ 9:29pm CST
amcgrath929 wrote:Epic!

btw, viewtopic.php?f=4&t=71408

Wondered how I missed that until I saw it wasn't posted in the right forum. News credited now though.
Re: New Images of the Upcoming Fansproject Protector Armor and Sidearm (1153285)
Posted by WarGraver on December 2nd, 2010 @ 9:54pm CST
It Is Him wrote:The more I see of this kit, the more I dislike the head sculpt, and the more I believe the Classics toy is better off without it.

His head makes him look something like a Mexican wrestler. I kind of like it, though. Sets him apart.
Re: New Images of the Upcoming Fansproject Protector Armor and Sidearm (1153288)
Posted by MGrotusque on December 2nd, 2010 @ 10:01pm CST
i'm still VERY on the fence with this release. Some of it looks great and other things don't. It;s not as complete a success to me visually as City Commander was.
Re: New Images of the Upcoming Fansproject Protector Armor and Sidearm (1153293)
Posted by El Duque on December 2nd, 2010 @ 10:21pm CST
DevastaTTor wrote:
amcgrath929 wrote:Epic!

btw, viewtopic.php?f=4&t=71408

Sorry about that. :oops:
Re: New Images of the Upcoming Fansproject Protector Armor and Sidearm (1153294)
Posted by LiKwid on December 2nd, 2010 @ 10:22pm CST
Im in love..Im so ordering 2 of these..... :KREMZEEK: Im somewhat surprised though by the color, it's alot more accurate than I thought it would be...
Re: New Images of the Upcoming Fansproject Protector Armor and Sidearm (1153301)
Posted by Anonymous on December 2nd, 2010 @ 10:45pm CST
Looks like a hell of alot of fun to mess with. I'll be using Henkei Roddy with the set as the orange hood will break up the red more in alt mode (not to mention the classics' flames don't seem to fit - barring an included decal sheet) . So umm... whats the word on the production of Shadow Scythe? I sense a delay - no prob they made good on their promise for Protector under the tree this year.

Re: New Images of the Upcoming Fansproject Protector Armor and Sidearm (1153323)
Posted by kirbenvost on December 3rd, 2010 @ 1:08am CST
Awesome, looking forward to receiving mine when these start shipping. I still wish it could come out later because Christmas is a terrible time, but that's okay.
Re: New Images of the Upcoming Fansproject Protector Armor and Sidearm (1153331)
Posted by Berserker Prime on December 3rd, 2010 @ 2:53am CST
Cant wait to get my hands on this. My Rodimus needs an upgrade bad. Im likin sidearm a lot too. Very nice.
Re: New Images of the Upcoming Fansproject Protector Armor and Sidearm (1153333)
Posted by Mykltron on December 3rd, 2010 @ 3:36am CST
Head is weird. Knee joint is now one quarter of the way down the leg. Joint for spreading arms is in the middle of the bicep.

Pass.
Re: New Images of the Upcoming Fansproject Protector Armor and Sidearm (1153344)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on December 3rd, 2010 @ 5:29am CST
The head is odd, but no more so than City Commander. It'll grow on me.

I didn't notice the wheels didn't touch the ground. Ouch. Well, since I didn't notice that anywhere before, maybe it's just on this one product. It's not a deal breaker.

The proportion problems are inherent in this type of thing. CC's shoulders bother me as well, in terms of proportion. But I'm used to seeing these sort of things on TFs. Still MUCH better than Titanium Rodimus (who is my Rodimus Prime ... for now).
Re: New Images of the Upcoming Fansproject Protector Armor and Sidearm (1153348)
Posted by El Duque on December 3rd, 2010 @ 6:58am CST
As thorough as FP is I doubt the wheels don't touch the ground. Not sure what's going on in the pic, but I'm not too concerned about it.
Re: New Images of the Upcoming Fansproject Protector Armor and Sidearm (1153375)
Posted by Rated X on December 3rd, 2010 @ 9:07am CST
Re: New Images of the Upcoming Fansproject Protector Armor and Sidearm (1153384)
Posted by Sodan-1 on December 3rd, 2010 @ 9:41am CST
I'm loving the new way the trailer transforms into the fixed cannon station. Looks a lot less top-heavy. However I am disappointed that it doesn't appear as though Protector's Roller (can't remember it's actual name) can be deployed straight from trailer mode. A minor technicality.

The head is a little odd, but I agree with Gauntlet101010. When you think about it, City Commander's head wasn't perfect. It kind of had a pouting supermodel look to it. Getting quite excited for this set now.
Re: New Images of the Upcoming Fansproject Protector Armor and Sidearm (1153396)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on December 3rd, 2010 @ 10:34am CST
Rated X wrote:If Fansproject repaints it to match the Challenge at Cybertron Rodimus's red color, ill buy it. They would be stupid not to, half of the Rodimus's out there are bright red. Didnt they repaint the city commander set in dark grey then again in black and purple ???

They repainted it for the Nemisis prime repaint of the mold(Shadow Commander), then an exclusive red, blue, and yellow repaint for TFCon(Powered Commander), and then lastly, a somewhat controversial repaint of the TFCon exclusive with chrome bits for the Japanese market(DIA Powered Commander).

So it is possible to see more than just the Shadow Scythe repaint out of this mold.
Re: New Images of the Upcoming Fansproject Protector Armor and Sidearm (1153407)
Posted by Anonymous on December 3rd, 2010 @ 11:30am CST
I'd have to agree. With as much money that went into the metal mold, they've gotta get as much out of it until it breaks. FansProject scans all boards from all countries. There is a desire for a laser sword version re-release (think: CC missiles/rifle rebox or pouch kit) and the Fun Publications Side Burn has Sentinel Prime upgrade homage written all over it. I just hope FansProject doesn't end up with more variations than they can sell. I'm buying both Protector and Scythe because I have the figs for 'em. Its gotten too pricey, so my collecting days are drawing to a close. You gotta remember this is a group of fans that have invested their own money with a minimal profit gain. The only thing I would buy instantly from them would be a Devastator upgrade - Then I'm calling it quits.
Re: New Images of the Upcoming Fansproject Protector Armor and Sidearm (1153452)
Posted by munkimus prime on December 3rd, 2010 @ 2:40pm CST
I cannot wait for this to be under my tree on christmas day.

What with the TFCC Sideburn being released, a blue repaint of the Protector is almost inevitable. Sideburnimus Prime will be awesome. Do it Fansproject Do it, I know you want to. 8-}

Ending Soon On eBay

transformers hftd starscream - Time Remaining: 4 days 21 hours 24 seconds
Hasbro Transformers AOE Autobots United exclusive Drift, platinum edition - Time Remaining: 11 days 23 hours 42 seconds
TRANSFORMERS SEALED FIGURE LOT GRIMSTONE STEAMHAMMER SMOLDER POWER CORE COMBINER - Time Remaining: 4 days 21 hours 52 seconds
Hasbro Transformers AOE Autobots United Hound, platinum edition - Time Remaining: 5 days 10 hours 31 minutes 17 seconds
Takara Transformers United Henkei Perceptor, shiny version, complete UN-15 RTS - Time Remaining: 4 days 22 hours 18 minutes 24 seconds
Transformers COMBINER WARS FIREFLY MOSC SEALED HTF OOP - Time Remaining: 5 days 15 hours 49 minutes 7 seconds
SOUNDWAVE & SOUNDBLASTER Transformers Titans Return Leader Class 2016 - Time Remaining: 12 days 15 hours 9 minutes 18 seconds
* Original 1986 Hasbro G1 Transformers RatBat Mini-Cassette COMPLETE  (TCT) - Time Remaining: 4 days 4 hours 27 minutes 24 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #156 - Gestalt Theory