New Images of Unimetal Optimus Prime

Transformers News: New Images of Unimetal Optimus Prime

Friday, October 25th, 2013 12:04PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 26,706

Seibertron.com member wewyllenium dropped by the Energon Pub with some new images of the upcoming Ultimetal Optimus Prime. This a non-transforming highly detailed figure with removable outer shell pieces that reveal Prime's inner workings. A great piece, but he comes with a hefty price tag around $800.00.

Transformers News: Re: Ultimate Optimus Prime

Transformers News: Re: Ultimate Optimus Prime

Transformers News: Re: Ultimate Optimus Prime
Credit(s): wewyllenium
Re: New Images of Unimetal Optimus Prime (1525904)
Posted by Manterax Prime on October 25th, 2013 @ 12:26pm CDT
Yes! For once we can finally say "PRIME! Put your pants back on!" :lol:
Re: New Images of Unimetal Optimus Prime (1525905)
Posted by Mkall on October 25th, 2013 @ 12:30pm CDT
There are people who will get this. I am not one of those.
Re: New Images of Unimetal Optimus Prime (1525906)
Posted by Convotron on October 25th, 2013 @ 12:40pm CDT
I like the option to show the inner frame but this is too rich for my blood.
Re: New Images of Unimetal Optimus Prime (1525910)
Posted by Maquese on October 25th, 2013 @ 12:58pm CDT
I'd buy the hell out of this if it were around $100 :grin:
Re: New Images of Unimetal Optimus Prime (1525912)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on October 25th, 2013 @ 1:07pm CDT
Re: New Images of Unimetal Optimus Prime (1525916)
Posted by Seibertron on October 25th, 2013 @ 1:19pm CDT
Megatron Wolf wrote:its cool but not $800 cool, i can think of far more better things to spend 800 bucks on. For the hell of it here are a few: a 40" 3d led tv or a 50" normal tv, a ps4 xbox one & games for both, a years supply of booze (ok maybe half a year), a high class escort or 3 mid class escorts, a used car, a months supply of gasoline. See far more better things to spend $800 on.

This is hilarious. :D :grin:
Re: New Images of Unimetal Optimus Prime (1525917)
Posted by gothsaurus on October 25th, 2013 @ 1:23pm CDT
Okay. I'm glad it's that expensive. Will keep me from trying to talk myself into getting it. But cripes, it is possibly the most beautiful rendition of Prime we've gotten... even ignoring the awesome pistony bits. Really bang up job.
Re: New Images of Unimetal Optimus Prime (1525921)
Posted by mooncake623 on October 25th, 2013 @ 1:36pm CDT

??lol do you drive a rocket ship?
Re: New Images of Unimetal Optimus Prime (1525922)
Posted by GuyIncognito on October 25th, 2013 @ 1:43pm CDT

Also, Megatron Wolf must live out in the middle of nowhere if he uses $800 of gas per month and can get a high-class escort for only $800. :p
Re: New Images of Unimetal Optimus Prime (1525926)
Posted by gothsaurus on October 25th, 2013 @ 1:52pm CDT
Somewhere in the back of my head I'm saying to myself... what if THIS was what Optimus Prime looked like in the movie, and as his protoform self. Sheesh. That would have changed everything.
Re: New Images of Unimetal Optimus Prime (1525930)
Posted by Kibble on October 25th, 2013 @ 2:24pm CDT
Other than the gray biceps, it's too bad MP-10 didn't look more like this... Although the Terminator feature wouldn't have been necessary.
Re: New Images of Unimetal Optimus Prime (1525934)
Posted by T-Macksimus on October 25th, 2013 @ 2:29pm CDT
GuyIncognito wrote:Can we get a correction on the thread title? It's "ULTIMETAL" OP, not "ULTIMATE" OP.

In his defense, if you do some smart shopping online you can get them in for under a grand. It's a buyers market. :P

I'm in total agreement though that there are MUCH better things to do with $800 bucks. This better be on hell of a large figure, I'm talking far and away beyond Titan class to justify that kind of tag for a non-transforming Transformer. It looks to me to be your basic MP Optimus that doesn't transform but has cool details inside the plastic shell. Certainly not $700.00 worth of extra cool details. I could add the same amount of detailing to my MP for far less than that with trips to Hobby Lobby, Ace Hardware and the thrift store.
Re: New Images of Unimetal Optimus Prime (1525942)
Posted by Kibble on October 25th, 2013 @ 3:00pm CDT
I thought I read it was 17"...
Re: New Images of Unimetal Optimus Prime (1525944)
Posted by Dead Metal on October 25th, 2013 @ 3:03pm CDT
T-Macksimus wrote:

This thing is about 1.5 times the size of MP 01, is made mostly of die-cast, features lights, sound and a remote-control. So yea we all knew it was going to be expensive, but this is still ridicules.
Re: New Images of Unimetal Optimus Prime (1525948)
Posted by grimlocktimuspr1me1 on October 25th, 2013 @ 3:08pm CDT
That is pretty awesome....just not $800 worth of awesome...
Re: New Images of Unimetal Optimus Prime (1525956)
Posted by Kapiko Customs on October 25th, 2013 @ 3:18pm CDT
$800?.... Pass!....Next!
Re: New Images of Unimetal Optimus Prime (1525958)
Posted by Kapiko Customs on October 25th, 2013 @ 3:21pm CDT
Slash the price by 50% and I'm all over it!
Re: New Images of Unimetal Optimus Prime (1525961)
Posted by gigazarak on October 25th, 2013 @ 3:35pm CDT
oh WOW! That looks *amazing*! Just look at the independent articulation on the fingers!

It's a shame that it can't transform, I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be able to based on the pictures, I mean it just looks like a larger, diecast, hyper articulated version of MP-10, but I'm sure there's something we can't see that it does right? Because as much as I think it looks awesome, I just can't justify spending this much money on it.
Re: New Images of Unimetal Optimus Prime (1525962)
Posted by rpetras on October 25th, 2013 @ 3:40pm CDT
Kapiko Customs wrote:Slash the price by 50% and I'm all over it!

Slash it by 50%, then do that AGAIN, then I'd think about it. :-?

Neat, but way too pricey for me.
Re: New Images of Unimetal Optimus Prime (1525969)
Posted by Torneira on October 25th, 2013 @ 4:30pm CDT
Don't know why they bother to put those tires at the legs on him, if he is not transformable.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #136 - The Gathering