Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

New Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12G G2 Sideswipe

Transformers News: New Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12G G2 Sideswipe

Friday, December 6th, 2013 8:37AM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 23,938

Takara Tomy's Shogo Hasui has just tweeted a couple of new images of their upcoming Transformers Masterpiece G2 Sideswipe. These images give us a look at the figure in both modes, and some of the possible weapons configurations. This figure is slated for release in the first quarter of next year.

Credit(s): Shogo Hasui
Re: New Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12G G2 Sideswipe (1533600)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 6th, 2013 @ 9:52am CST
Smokin'!!!

:KREMZEEK: :michaelbay: :KREMZEEK: :michaelbay: :KREMZEEK:
Re: New Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12G G2 Sideswipe (1533602)
Posted by Ravage XK on December 6th, 2013 @ 10:07am CST
Very nice but wish they would re-release Red Alert.
Re: New Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12G G2 Sideswipe (1533617)
Posted by EagleTron on December 6th, 2013 @ 11:45am CST
One of the Best of All Times :BOWDOWN: :BOWDOWN: :BOWDOWN: :BOWDOWN:
Re: New Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12G G2 Sideswipe (1533620)
Posted by EagleTron on December 6th, 2013 @ 11:53am CST
Re: New Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12G G2 Sideswipe (1533625)
Posted by GuyIncognito on December 6th, 2013 @ 12:24pm CST
I love the design of his weapons.
Re: New Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12G G2 Sideswipe (1533644)
Posted by Henry921 on December 6th, 2013 @ 4:33pm CST
I really like what I'm seeing here. I just wish he had a different head sculpt that wasn't quite so angry...
Re: New Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12G G2 Sideswipe (1533671)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 6th, 2013 @ 10:47pm CST
EagleTron wrote:I had took out my mpTigertrack out the packaging and it was my first mp out of all my masterpiece transformers that I took out and let me tell you that this mold is Crazily good, Stupid good. It just might be the Best Transformer mold Ever. The "holy grail" of Transformers figures.
It may have some competition from Generations Voyager Springer for that title. ;)
Re: New Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12G G2 Sideswipe (1533681)
Posted by EagleTron on December 7th, 2013 @ 3:11am CST
Sabrblade wrote:

Don't get me wrong, that Springer is good. And it might be king but mp sideswipe g2 sideswipe is the king of kings, Greatness. The only transformer that can come close is animated leader ultra Magnus. Its a Lamborghini Contach. Its just too good. Almost Everything about that Sideswipe magnificent mp mold is good, imo.
Re: New Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12G G2 Sideswipe (1533718)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 7th, 2013 @ 1:14pm CST
EagleTron wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Now that's interesting. Haven't heard one give that much praise to Animated Leader Ultra Magnus. Maybe back in the day, I can see, but especially not in this day and age with all of the MPs and Thrilling 30 Generations being so good and all.
Re: New Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12G G2 Sideswipe (1544878)
Posted by El Duque on January 24th, 2014 @ 8:52pm CST
Takara Tomy's official webpage for their upcoming Transformers Masterpiece MP-12G G2 Sideswipe is now live. The figure is a redeco/remold of MP-12 Lambor/Sideswipe featuring new weapons and head sculpt to give him his G2 comic appearance as drawn by Derek Yaniger. Check the images from the page mirrored below:

Re: New Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12G G2 Sideswipe (1544884)
Posted by NemesisMonkeySupreme on January 24th, 2014 @ 9:15pm CST
El Duque wrote:Takara Tomy's official webpage for their upcoming Transformers Masterpiece MP-12G G2 Sideswipe is now live. The figure is a redeco/remold of MP-12 Lambor/Sideswipe featuring new weapons and head sculpt to give him his G2 comic appearance as drawn by David Yaniger.

Derek Yaniger, not David.

Re: New Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12G G2 Sideswipe (1544894)
Posted by El Duque on January 24th, 2014 @ 9:27pm CST
NemesisMonkeySupreme wrote:

Derek Yaniger, not David.

Whoops! Fixed, thanks :D
Re: New Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12G G2 Sideswipe (1544919)
Posted by durroth on January 25th, 2014 @ 12:11am CST
the only thing keeping me from this figure is the face sculpt. I wish they had gone with a swappable faceplate like the seekers so we could choose whether we want the scowl or not.
Re: New Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12G G2 Sideswipe (1544951)
Posted by Va'al on January 25th, 2014 @ 5:45am CST
Oh dear. Oh dear dear dear.

G2 Sideswipe was my first ever Transformers toy as a kid. It was called Freccia in Italy.
This thing looks so good it brings te--- ANGRY FACE. SPIKES. TR00 METAL.

I'll be following this. :D
Re: New Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12G G2 Sideswipe (1544952)
Posted by Burn on January 25th, 2014 @ 5:59am CST

But damn ... with those weapons it's so tempting ...
Re: New Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12G G2 Sideswipe (1544954)
Posted by Va'al on January 25th, 2014 @ 6:26am CST
Burn wrote:Never really had much interest in him, mostly due to funds and lack of space, plus I'm trying to be selective about my MP's and I regarded him as "just a repaint".

But damn ... with those weapons it's so tempting ...

I know, right?!

It just looks like a completely different thing. #-o
Re: New Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12G G2 Sideswipe (1544977)
Posted by megatronus on January 25th, 2014 @ 9:53am CST
I've had this on preorder since the first images popped up last year. So looking forward to this :D
Re: New Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12G G2 Sideswipe (1544981)
Posted by triKlops on January 25th, 2014 @ 10:13am CST
These pics are just getting me more super to get him in; hopeful in hand will live up to expectations.
Re: New Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12G G2 Sideswipe (1545058)
Posted by Va'al on January 25th, 2014 @ 4:27pm CST
Just for fun, Burcham's take.

Re: New Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12G G2 Sideswipe (1545442)
Posted by Marcdachamp on January 27th, 2014 @ 9:39am CST
Re: New Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12G G2 Sideswipe (1547137)
Posted by Va'al on February 1st, 2014 @ 9:00pm CST
Marcdachamp wrote:I have been very selective about buying Transformers lately, and will have to continue to do so even more in the near future. But I preordered this guy in the summer, and he cannot come soon enough. MAN, what a perfect figure. I'll be debating whether or not to apply the stickers. I had the original G2 Sideswipe, so I kind of want to apply them, but I also kind of want to keep the comic look intact. Tough call.

I've only just realised that it's two sets of stickers, rather than an image of the original G2 toy as a comparison shot. This makes it even more appealing.. :BANG_HEAD:

Also, I want to do this: