New Images: Transformers: Age of Extinction Movie Leader Class Optimus Prime

Transformers News: New Images: Transformers: Age of Extinction Movie Leader Class Optimus Prime

Wednesday, January 15th, 2014 2:18AM CST

Categories: Live Action Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: ScoutBumblebee   Views: 37,470

Just in, we have new images of the TF4 Leader Class Optimus Prime. We previously shared in-hand images from 11-11 of ACToys.com. We now have new pictures from the same source, showing the figure transformed into both vehicle and bot mode. Check them out below, and let us know what you think in the Energon Pub!

Credit(s): Facebook user Ravage Eject
Re: New Images: Transformers: Age of Extinction Movie Leader Class Optimus Prime (1542053)
Posted by Unicronobot on January 15th, 2014 @ 2:26am CST
Re: New Images: Transformers: Age of Extinction Movie Leader Class Optimus Prime (1542058)
Posted by Slashercon on January 15th, 2014 @ 2:35am CST
CHROME!!! GIMMIE,GIMMIE =P~ (THAT is how Hasbro expects people to react >:oP )
Re: New Images: Transformers: Age of Extinction Movie Leader Class Optimus Prime (1542059)
Posted by EagleTron on January 15th, 2014 @ 2:39am CST
Paint details: good, truck mode: good, Everything else: monstrous.
Re: New Images: Transformers: Age of Extinction Movie Leader Class Optimus Prime (1542060)
Posted by Slashercon on January 15th, 2014 @ 2:40am CST
I mean honestly, this is a leader class figure? I bet he won't eve be as tall as the weaponizer Prime figure. I don't care that robot mode design based on art released earlier is appealing, this is a sorry excuse for a robot mode. Vehicle mode is accurate and OK looking though. I shudder to think what they did with Grimlock. Fingers crossed that they can make me eat my words.
Re: New Images: Transformers: Age of Extinction Movie Leader Class Optimus Prime (1542064)
Posted by FracturedKoi on January 15th, 2014 @ 2:56am CST
[quote="Unicronobot"]So basically all the vehicle mode is sitting on his back or wrapped around the back of his legs..../quote]

So, the vehicle mode itself is pants for Prime! That's like Armada...but worse :D
Re: New Images: Transformers: Age of Extinction Movie Leader Class Optimus Prime (1542065)
Posted by Omega1975 on January 15th, 2014 @ 3:01am CST
This is probably the ugliest Prime toy in existence! The stacks should definitely be somewhere else or even possibly a weapon. I hope this is a "work in progress" prototype. I've been mildly ok with a few of the Bay-verse toys but this is a total turn off :sad:
Re: New Images: Transformers: Age of Extinction Movie Leader Class Optimus Prime (1542066)
Posted by Omega1975 on January 15th, 2014 @ 3:08am CST
Man just remold the existing movie prime with triple stacks (not like it's any better). Throw this in the trash.
Re: New Images: Transformers: Age of Extinction Movie Leader Class Optimus Prime (1542068)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on January 15th, 2014 @ 3:10am CST
Remember when Hasbro said that the simplified line would be out in full force for the movie? Maybe this is the leader class version of Prime from the simplified line. There will be a more mainstream one later
Re: New Images: Transformers: Age of Extinction Movie Leader Class Optimus Prime (1542069)
Posted by Bounti76 on January 15th, 2014 @ 3:11am CST
Unicronobot wrote:So basically all the vehicle mode is sitting on his back or wrapped around the back of his legs.... I'm sorry but this is what happens when you design a Transformer that DOESNT LOOK LIKE IT TRANSFORMS INTO ANYTHING. Yes I will admit that Optimus' new robot mode does look cool but when you make it look like he has no visible vehicle parts(smokestacks excluded) it makes it even harder for the toy designers to make a good representation of him in toy form! The vehicle mode looks amazing, I will give it that, but still the robot mode is just ugly.

THIS

I am not a fan of shellformers at all, and this looks like a shellformer to the MAX. It almost looks as if you could take JUST his kibble and just form THAT into the truck mode. Save the smokestacks, there's not a single thing on the robot mode that looks instantly recognizable as a truck part, not even his iconic chest windshield! If this is an indicator of the line as a whole, I probably won't be purchasing even ONE movie toy, and I've got most of the last two movie lines. They're what got me back into Transformers!

But this....sweet cheeses.... it's just revolting. :SICK:
Re: New Images: Transformers: Age of Extinction Movie Leader Class Optimus Prime (1542070)
Posted by Evil_the_Nub on January 15th, 2014 @ 3:28am CST
It's got more back kibble than the other one. It looks especially bad since there's that big flat area in the middle where it could easily be folded in. I hate that chrome too, it works for vehicle parts like the grill and smokestacks, but on the robot parts it's ugly as hell.

Is it just me or do those fist holes look a little big?
Re: New Images: Transformers: Age of Extinction Movie Leader Class Optimus Prime (1542071)
Posted by Autobot032 on January 15th, 2014 @ 3:32am CST
Terrible. Neither mold is worth having. What a shame.
Re: New Images: Transformers: Age of Extinction Movie Leader Class Optimus Prime (1542072)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on January 15th, 2014 @ 3:36am CST
Good glorious chrome! I had to put on sunglasses to check this thing ou... Holy kibbles 'n bits Batman! Op's got some junk in his trunk! Not sure how I feel about this figure. I think I'm honestly done with movie figures unless something catches my eye. To be honest, I'm anxious to find out what those beast formers figures from the movie line will look like. I likes me some beast formers. Either way, I think I'll concentrate on Generations for a while.
Re: New Images: Transformers: Age of Extinction Movie Leader Class Optimus Prime (1542074)
Posted by MightyMagnus78 on January 15th, 2014 @ 3:47am CST
ROTF leader Prime was epic, this is an epic fail! :HEADHURTS:
Re: New Images: Transformers: Age of Extinction Movie Leader Class Optimus Prime (1542076)
Posted by noctorro on January 15th, 2014 @ 4:00am CST
I still like it!

And I'm not trying to be that douche who says The Dark Knight wasn't such a good movie, just to get attention.

I have most of the movie trilogy onscreen line and a lot of classics/Prime figures.

So I for one don't mind 1 movie line with easy as hell transformations. Yes, a lot will suffer and here it's the robot mode with its Batman truck cape thing. But still, from what I see I'm dig it.

Also psyched about the new "destroyer" class, how big or does it have some new feature?

I'll probably end up buying the whole onscreen cast + maybe 2 or 3 side characters that look really good in my opinion.

Let the hating and flamewars begin again!!! :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
Re: New Images: Transformers: Age of Extinction Movie Leader Class Optimus Prime (1542077)
Posted by Mykltron on January 15th, 2014 @ 4:14am CST
Remember when leader class figures had individual finger articulation?
Re: New Images: Transformers: Age of Extinction Movie Leader Class Optimus Prime (1542080)
Posted by noctorro on January 15th, 2014 @ 4:33am CST
MightyMagnus78 wrote:ROTF leader Prime was epic, this is an epic fail! :HEADHURTS:

Captain obvious to the rescue
Re: New Images: Transformers: Age of Extinction Movie Leader Class Optimus Prime (1542082)
Posted by Cyclonus43 on January 15th, 2014 @ 5:19am CST
It's poop.
Re: New Images: Transformers: Age of Extinction Movie Leader Class Optimus Prime (1542084)
Posted by frogbat on January 15th, 2014 @ 5:35am CST
i'm really glad i'm not into the movieverse. I have a couple like the original TF1 leader prime and I thought he was awesome in spite of being kibblesome.

The truck mode on this guy looks ok, the robot is very weak. I am not a fan of chrome due to all the issues as a kid with the toys where both the paint and the plastic would be too brittle and get damaged easily. Also on an aesthetic level I don't care for it much.

One thing that surprises me though is the lack of chrome for the smokestacks - the one place i'd expect there to be chrome (maybe the toy pictured isn't the final production version?) Also, the face looks very off - almost as if there's a face within a face and the nostrils are a 2nd pair of eyes.
Re: New Images: Transformers: Age of Extinction Movie Leader Class Optimus Prime (1542085)
Posted by Actar on January 15th, 2014 @ 5:59am CST
Honestly, out of sheer curiosity, I would really, really love to know if ROTF Prime didn't sell well or if Hasbro got tons of complaints from parents.

Or is it the economy? Different designers? Please, tell me how a company capable of producing wonders of engineering like ROTF Prime, FE Prime Bulkhead, etc... can fall this low.

Again, I have to preface my comment with a disclaimer. For kids, it's perfectly fine, yada yada yada.

But personally, what I look for in a transforming toy is to be wowed by the engineering and marvel at it's accuracy to the show (looks AND transformation wise). The less 'cheating' the better and this is just disappointing.
Re: New Images: Transformers: Age of Extinction Movie Leader Class Optimus Prime (1542089)
Posted by autobotOG on January 15th, 2014 @ 7:36am CST
So let me see if I'm following.......chrome chest, although its NOT really needed.....no chrome smokestacks or gas tanks, although it IS really needed? And I wonder if prime will have little duck feet in the movie too?

Seriously tho, I am a prime collector. So no matter what angers me about this figure, ill buy it anyway. But the iconic chest windows are one of the oldest, most recognizable features of prime. You mean to tell me they couldn't TRY to fit them in somewhere on this cgi model?? I'm not a bay hater, I actually love watching the movies with my son....but I'm most disappointed about the chest windows. Kibble can be removed for display purposes, but you cant fix a lazy design. I mean.....I have a optimus prime shampoo bottle that has chest windows......just sayin....

Ending Soon On eBay

Revoltech Transformers Optimus Prime Action Figure 019 CONVOY - Time Remaining: 2 days 15 hours 33 minutes 39 seconds
HARDHEAD; 1987 Hasbro; G1 Vintage Transformers; 100% Complete! Headmasters - Time Remaining: 2 days 50 minutes 43 seconds
100% Takara Transformers Henkei Asia Autobot Specialists Ironhide Hound Mirage - Time Remaining: 2 days 13 hours 23 minutes 52 seconds
Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Onslaught Action Figure - Time Remaining: 2 days 12 hours 9 minutes 15 seconds
Transformers Generations Titans Return Fortress Maximus - Time Remaining: 3 days 21 hours 24 minutes 29 seconds
TRANSFORMERS CYBERTRON SERIES UNICRON  FIGURE WITH KEY - Time Remaining: 2 days 10 hours 30 minutes 55 seconds
Transformers Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV 22 TAV22 sideswipe IN HAND - Time Remaining: 3 days 19 hours 1 minute 50 seconds
Transformers Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TAV 23 TAV23 Jazz IN HAND - Time Remaining: 3 days 19 hours 18 minutes 12 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #160 - Grappling with Memory