Transformers News: New Images Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyagers Rhinox and Doubledealer

Wednesday, October 30th, 2013 6:06PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 26,555

Courtesy of Transformers.com we have some new images and bios for the upcoming Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyagers Rhinox and Doubledealer. The images feature the figures in all their respective modes and give us a look at them in their packaging. Check out the images and bios below.

Decepticon Doubledealer doesn't really care whom he works for, as long as they can pay his fee. And pay they do. The amount of firepower he carries more than makes up for the fact that he's totally untrustworthy. He carries enough explosive power with him to shatter mountains to dust, and for that both the Autobots and the Decepticons are willing to pay dearly, handing over crates full of Energon chips in exchange for a single battle's worth of services.

This Decepticon warrior is a 3-in-1 changer and he's out to make triple trouble for any Autobot or Decepticon that gets in his way! Convert him from robot mode to tank mode when the battle calls for some major firepower. But he can take the fight to the skies when you convert him to jet mode! He'll pummel any enemy with his launching missile whether he's in jet or tank mode. Keep converting him from one mode to another so his enemies can't keep up with him!

Includes figure and missile.

Series 02 #004 Decepticon Doubledealer

Rhinox is rare among robots. He has a brilliant scientific mind, as well as a deep philosophical curiosity about the nature of the universe around him. He is astoundingly strong - able to hold his own against even the most powerful opponents. He is friendly, good-natured and charismatic, with a fine strategic mind that would make him an ideal leader for the Maximals forces if they didn't already have one. What's more, he carries one of the most powerful weapons of any Maximals in the form of the twin Gatling Guns of Doom, which pump out a Predacon-shredding storm of hot lead.

This is one Predacon-pounding warrior who's got the weaponry to whoop up on anyone! Convert your Rhinox figure from robot mode to rhino mode when the battle calls for some major beast strength. He'll unleash a storm of ammo at any enemy with his twin spinning Gatling guns in robot mode! Keep converting him back and forth so his enemies can't keep up with him!

Includes figure.

Series 02 #005 Rhinox

Credit(s): Hasbro
Re: New Images Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyagers Rhinox and Doubledealer (1527002)
Posted by Slashercon on October 30th, 2013 @ 6:46pm CDT
Re: New Images Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyagers Rhinox and Doubledealer (1527004)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on October 30th, 2013 @ 7:00pm CDT
Slashercon wrote:The biggest smile came upon my face when I saw the Maximal insignia on the packaging. :D :grin:

*Glances back up* Oh, OH! That is a welcome surprise. :D
Re: New Images Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyagers Rhinox and Doubledealer (1527007)
Posted by craggy on October 30th, 2013 @ 7:26pm CDT
I know we've seen Dealer before, but he's still a major letdown considering the retool that Springer got into Sandstorm, and also considering he's not flippin' Flywheels.

Rhinox looks bloomin' marvellous!
Re: New Images Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyagers Rhinox and Doubledealer (1527009)
Posted by First-Aid on October 30th, 2013 @ 7:55pm CDT
The Rhinox is just effing epic. There better not be any old ladies between me and this figure...
Re: New Images Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyagers Rhinox and Doubledealer (1527013)
Posted by STngAR on October 30th, 2013 @ 8:43pm CDT
Alot of Beast War love would make this Transformer fan very happy

:MAXIMAL:
Re: New Images Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyagers Rhinox and Doubledealer (1527014)
Posted by MGrotusque on October 30th, 2013 @ 8:58pm CDT
I'll stick with my G1 Doubledealer. He's WAY cooler than this repaint. Especially in bird mode.

Rinox is proper Beast Wars done right. Not interested but it's a great looking figure. Will be interested in seeing a review.
Re: New Images Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyagers Rhinox and Doubledealer (1527019)
Posted by Mindmaster on October 30th, 2013 @ 9:18pm CDT

I ought to make Sandstorm my next priority, since Doubledealer's going to need a nemesis.

Anyone have an estimate of when they're being released? I'm going to make the guess of December to coincide with the holidays.
Re: New Images Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyagers Rhinox and Doubledealer (1527022)
Posted by EagleBot13 on October 30th, 2013 @ 9:31pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:Anyone else notice the artwork for both look a little different than what we're used to seeing with Springer, Blitzwing, and Sandstorm?

I believe it is supposed to be November. When in November I have no idea, but it better be early so I can get my hand on that Rhinox.
Re: New Images Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyagers Rhinox and Doubledealer (1527025)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on October 30th, 2013 @ 9:32pm CDT
Most likely Late November, that's what the majority of Preorders say anyway.
Re: New Images Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyagers Rhinox and Doubledealer (1527026)
Posted by fenrir72 on October 30th, 2013 @ 9:33pm CDT
Does he retain the face switch gimmick? (Double dealer I mean)
Re: New Images Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyagers Rhinox and Doubledealer (1527027)
Posted by Mindmaster on October 30th, 2013 @ 9:34pm CDT
fenrir72 wrote:Does he retain the face switch gimmick? (Double dealer I mean)

Oh, God, I would hope not. It doesn't appear that way, though.
Re: New Images Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyagers Rhinox and Doubledealer (1527030)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on October 30th, 2013 @ 10:05pm CDT
my god i cant wait to get these two. :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK:
Re: New Images Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyagers Rhinox and Doubledealer (1527031)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on October 30th, 2013 @ 10:08pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:Does he retain the face switch gimmick? (Double dealer I mean)

Oh, God, I would hope not. It doesn't appear that way, though.

no he does not. there is a video review of him some where in the news here on seibertron. too lazy to go and find it. and annother reason why doubledealer is awesome is he has red light piping. :DANCE:
Re: New Images Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyagers Rhinox and Doubledealer (1527032)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on October 30th, 2013 @ 10:10pm CDT
Doubledealer is one of my favorite characters but i dont like the blitzwing mold at all, its a shame he didnt get his own mold. Rhinox i planed on getting since i first saw pictures of him & that hasnt changed, only thing that would stop me is if the price on voyagers goes up again.
Re: New Images Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyagers Rhinox and Doubledealer (1527035)
Posted by xyl360 on October 30th, 2013 @ 10:21pm CDT

Yes, absolutely this ^

Maximals forever!!!! :D
Re: New Images Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyagers Rhinox and Doubledealer (1527042)
Posted by Metrosuplex on October 30th, 2013 @ 10:47pm CDT
Doubledealer is a shelf-warmer, if I've ever seen one. It's unfortunate that Hasbro doesn't bother reading the boards or taking accurate sell statistics: the general consensus seems to be that Blitzwing is a bad mold. I don't have any problems with it, but everyone else sure has plenty to say! :-?

Next to... Rhinox. He's going to sell out pretty fast. The scalpers will poach the f*ck out of him, he's got rhino appeal to casuals, and then there's the collector fan-stalgia for BW.

Ehhhh, Doubledealer I could take or leave, but Rhinox deserves multiple purchases... so hopefully Hasbro has the FORESIGHT to stock the waves as 3 Rhinoxes per 1 Double... but ooooooh, how I doubt that! :lol: :BANG_HEAD:

I expect to see shelves full of Doubledealers well into New Years... which would be a shame, as shelf-warmers hurt the biz. :sad:
Re: New Images Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyagers Rhinox and Doubledealer (1527046)
Posted by Mindmaster on October 30th, 2013 @ 10:56pm CDT
Re: New Images Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyagers Rhinox and Doubledealer (1527049)
Posted by xyl360 on October 30th, 2013 @ 11:02pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:I don't think that people dislike Blitzwing in general; they dislike the faults that Hasbro seems to disregard. I personally like Blitzwing, it's just that the mold needs more refinement, such as fixing the shoulder issue.

Yeah, agreed. I really really like Blitzwing, even more than Springer honestly. He's big, beefy and very G1 style. I even figured out a way to wedge the top bits of his shoulders into his chest rather than using the bits that are supposed to (but don't) clip in to hold his shoulders/arms in place and he looks good and is perfectly functional (I can rotate his arms 360 degrees without the shoulders popping out of place). Mine is the Takara version, but I'm sure the same could be done with the Hasbro version.
Re: New Images Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyagers Rhinox and Doubledealer (1527051)
Posted by Mkall on October 30th, 2013 @ 11:07pm CDT
Rhinox's unpainted chainguns aren't bothering anyone else? Seriously?

Hasbro, you were so close to making the most perfect Rhinox, but then you left his chainguns unpainted...
Re: New Images Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyagers Rhinox and Doubledealer (1527053)
Posted by xyl360 on October 30th, 2013 @ 11:10pm CDT
Mkall wrote:Rhinox's unpainted chainguns aren't bothering anyone else? Seriously?

Hehe, that's one of the reasons I'm getting Takara's version. I'm actually getting both, but that's primarily because I want to do what I can to convince both companies that a Beast Wars revival is a good idea ;).

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Robots in Disguise 3-Step Changers Night Ops Bumblebee Figure - Time Remaining: 4 days 7 hours 41 minutes 50 seconds
Transformers Beast Wars MEGATRON T-Rex Tyrannosaurus - Time Remaining: 2 days 14 hours 41 minutes 27 seconds
Transformers Dark of the Moon DOTM Autobot Ultimate Optimus Prime Canadian - Time Remaining: 4 days 15 hours 13 minutes 41 seconds
1985 Whirl Complete G1 Transformers - Time Remaining: 3 days 17 hours 14 minutes 29 seconds
Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Dirge Jet Loose Retired NM/M Figure - Time Remaining: 3 days 59 minutes 41 seconds
TRANSFORMERS Dark Of The Moon MechTech Rachet & Bumblebee...Energon Slugslinger - Time Remaining: 4 days 15 hours 30 minutes 14 seconds
Transformers- Prowl Classic Generation Deluxe  Loose Figure G1 Retro NM/M - Time Remaining: 10 days 23 hours 30 minutes 43 seconds
Pre-Order Transformers Masterpiece MP-29 Shockwave Figure from Japan No battery - Time Remaining: 3 days 4 hours 17 minutes 24 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #159 - Imperfect Specks