New Japanese Generations Preorders Including Metroplex & TF GTR Maximus!

Transformers News: New Japanese Generations Preorders Including Metroplex & TF GTR Maximus!

Thursday, April 18th, 2013 8:24AM CDT

Category: Sponsor News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 16,296

Some hot new preorders were just announced from Takara/Tomy for a September release:

New Japanese Generations Preorders Including Metroplex & TF GTR Maximus!
Transformers GT - Super GT - GTR-04 Maximus
New Japanese Generations Preorders Including Metroplex & TF GTR Maximus!
Transformers Generations Japan - TG23 Fall of Cybertron – Metroplex
New Japanese Generations Preorders Including Metroplex & TF GTR Maximus!
Transformers Generations Japan - TG24 Fall of Cybertron - Optimus Prime & Bumblebee Set

Just how the Japanese Generations version of Metroplex differs from the US version is unknown, but due to the size will be a massive figure! This listing is also for the early air shipment.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Curt

http://www.TFsource.com - Your source for Masterpiece Transformers, Fansproject Customs, Hasbro Transformers, Transformers Prime, Vintage G1 Toys and more!

NOW get FREE US shipping and reduced International shipping on all orders over $150!

Sign up for Source Points today and start getting points towards Freebies!
Credit(s): TFsource
Re: New Japanese Generations Preorders Including Metroplex & TF GTR Maximus! (1480084)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 18th, 2013 @ 9:22am CDT
Bumblebee looks shinier.

What's with TFSource's labeling these Fall of Cybertron figures? They're not.
Re: New Japanese Generations Preorders Including Metroplex & TF GTR Maximus! (1480088)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on April 18th, 2013 @ 9:44am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:What's with TFSource's labeling these Fall of Cybertron figures? They're not.

Force of habit.

And I spy with my little eye, something long and Maximus :lol:
Re: New Japanese Generations Preorders Including Metroplex & TF GTR Maximus! (1480090)
Posted by necr0blivion on April 18th, 2013 @ 9:51am CDT
GTR Maximus and Sailor Jupiter, fan-fiction at its best!

Most interesting is the Metroplex release date: Takara release dates are a few months off from Hasbro's on this line. So if Takara is saying September... US should have this fella in stores mid-Summer? I think someone else mentioned awhile back that the timing might coincide with SDCC'13. Hasbro, your move.
Re: New Japanese Generations Preorders Including Metroplex & TF GTR Maximus! (1480093)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on April 18th, 2013 @ 10:11am CDT
So 2 questions now come to me. The first is what was the speculated price of Hasbro MP...was it under $100? BBTS now has Takara's already posted to which I was expecting it to be much more.

My final question is if Takara chose to do a Metro Titan repaint would you pick it up? I don't know if this has been ask already. :VEHI:
Re: New Japanese Generations Preorders Including Metroplex & TF GTR Maximus! (1480098)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on April 18th, 2013 @ 10:43am CDT
F**k yeah I'd get Metrotitan. Not interested in the GTR, but Metroplex will be MINE!
Re: New Japanese Generations Preorders Including Metroplex & TF GTR Maximus! (1480099)
Posted by Genocide G2.0 on April 18th, 2013 @ 10:49am CDT
Re: New Japanese Generations Preorders Including Metroplex & TF GTR Maximus! (1480108)
Posted by GuyIncognito on April 18th, 2013 @ 11:51am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Bumblebee looks shinier.

So does OP, at least his blue parts. Sometimes (like with BH Shockwave) the shiny Takara finishes look better. But for these two little guys, I think it's out of place.
Re: New Japanese Generations Preorders Including Metroplex & TF GTR Maximus! (1480109)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 18th, 2013 @ 11:55am CDT
GuyIncognito wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Bumblebee looks shinier.

But Bee was shiny in the FOC game.
Re: New Japanese Generations Preorders Including Metroplex & TF GTR Maximus! (1480113)
Posted by kirbenvost on April 18th, 2013 @ 12:10pm CDT
Hel-loooooo, race girl! :lol: Maximus has too much green, but okay.

I really hope the Hasbro version of Metroplex is significantly less, because damn...
Re: New Japanese Generations Preorders Including Metroplex & TF GTR Maximus! (1480116)
Posted by Mkall on April 18th, 2013 @ 12:56pm CDT
kirbenvost wrote:Hel-loooooo, race girl! :lol: Maximus has too much green, but okay.

I believe Canadian TRUs have him listed for $100
Re: New Japanese Generations Preorders Including Metroplex & TF GTR Maximus! (1480173)
Posted by Arctorro on April 18th, 2013 @ 6:44pm CDT
BBTS has him listed for $20 less than TFsource, still way to much though...
Re: New Japanese Generations Preorders Including Metroplex & TF GTR Maximus! (1480182)
Posted by KNM2012 on April 18th, 2013 @ 7:13pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Force of habit.

And I spy with my little eye, something long and Maximus :lol:

Well... Metroplex is. Then again, TFsource once posted Saber as "Savior". :lol:

But besides that, all my feels are going to GT-R Maximus! I have to wait until May to preorder him, and September to get him. But even then, he will fill out the first half of my collection-based project. :) That, and covers my GT-R collection. But with Maximus, I feel compelled to play the overworld theme to Legend of Zelda. :-B
Re: New Japanese Generations Preorders Including Metroplex & TF GTR Maximus! (1480184)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on April 18th, 2013 @ 7:18pm CDT
Okay, who is that with the Alternity transformer? :???:

Also, I will SO wait for the domestic Metroplex release. =;
Re: New Japanese Generations Preorders Including Metroplex & TF GTR Maximus! (1480187)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 18th, 2013 @ 7:21pm CDT
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Okay, who is that with the Alternity transformer? :???:
GT-R Maximus = Fortress Maximus
Re: New Japanese Generations Preorders Including Metroplex & TF GTR Maximus! (1480194)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on April 18th, 2013 @ 7:35pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Okay, who is that with the Alternity transformer? :???:
GT-R Maximus = Fortress Maximus

Her name is Fortress Maximus? That's... odd.
Re: New Japanese Generations Preorders Including Metroplex & TF GTR Maximus! (1480200)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 18th, 2013 @ 7:44pm CDT
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Okay, who is that with the Alternity transformer? :???:
GT-R Maximus = Fortress Maximus

Her name is Fortress Maximus? That's... odd.
"Her"? :???:

Oh, you mean the Race Queen figure. Didn't see the "with the" in your original post. :oops:

The Bot is Maximus. The girl is his Race Queen.
Re: New Japanese Generations Preorders Including Metroplex & TF GTR Maximus! (1480207)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on April 18th, 2013 @ 8:12pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Okay, who is that with the Alternity transformer? :???:
GT-R Maximus = Fortress Maximus

Her name is Fortress Maximus? That's... odd.
"Her"? :???:

The Bot is Maximus. The girl is his Race Queen.

It's cool. ;) And thanks. I'm getting this guy. Never owned an Alternity before, and the Race Queen looks rather interesting.
Re: New Japanese Generations Preorders Including Metroplex & TF GTR Maximus! (1480209)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 18th, 2013 @ 8:22pm CDT
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Okay, who is that with the Alternity transformer? :???:
GT-R Maximus = Fortress Maximus

Her name is Fortress Maximus? That's... odd.
"Her"? :???:

The Bot is Maximus. The girl is his Race Queen.

It's not Alternity.

It's Transformers: GT.
Re: New Japanese Generations Preorders Including Metroplex & TF GTR Maximus! (1480251)
Posted by KNM2012 on April 18th, 2013 @ 11:54pm CDT
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Okay, who is that with the Alternity transformer? :???:

Also, I will SO wait for the domestic Metroplex release. =;

Just for the record: It's not Alternity. It is a collaboration with Super GT Racing, as a way to celebrate Super GT's 20th anniversary. And as we speak, GT-R Maximus is the 4th and final GT-R GT300 model. And we might see other models be added in a hopes of showing that it is more than a "simple" retooling. Namely because they have 12 more teams and around 2-3 more car models. And trust me, Alternity was just a way to wrap up Takara's original work. This is way cooler. 8)

In all cases, the whole theme is a lot more interesting than me explaining continuities (which is a subject I have been studying for the last 16 years, thanks to RPGs). Because they have fast cars, racing queens, and four GT-Rs that are Prime, Saber, Megatron, and Maximus. All I have are cookies. :lol:
Re: New Japanese Generations Preorders Including Metroplex & TF GTR Maximus! (1481495)
Posted by alldarker on April 24th, 2013 @ 6:01am CDT
New hi-res pictures of GTR GT-04 Maximus (from Amazon.jp).

Not going to lie, that race queen figure just made me pre-order this :x . Going to be my very first Alternity / GTR mold.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #145 - May Mayhem