New Look at Asia Exclusive APS-02 Brawl

Transformers News: New Look at Asia Exclusive APS-02 Brawl

Wednesday, January 2nd, 2013 6:37AM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 27,751

The TransformersAsia Facebook page has posted a new image of Asia exclusive APS-02 Brawl with the image color inverted, however some savy computer users have managed to invert the image and give us a better idea of what this new Brawl deco will be. The images have been mirrored below.

Re: TransformersAsia Teases APS-02 Brawl

Re: TransformersAsia Teases APS-02 Brawl
Credit(s): TransformersAsia Facebook. Daimchoc

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Look at Asia Exclusive APS-02 Brawl (1451011)
Posted by LazyAza on January 2nd, 2013 @ 7:08am CST
Looks pretty awesome to me, Robokingdom should have him listed soon I imagine.
Re: New Look at Asia Exclusive APS-02 Brawl (1451016)
Posted by freaky777 on January 2nd, 2013 @ 8:04am CST
I just tried inverting the image, its just the command Inverse colour (ctrl+I) on Photoshop. Haha, seems like people in Transformer Asia are a bit lazy.

In any case this looks good, I would like to get hold of this, hope there is some shiny/metallic paint on him.
Re: New Look at Asia Exclusive APS-02 Brawl (1451020)
Posted by DrRX8 on January 2nd, 2013 @ 8:19am CST
This figure is cool but i'm not liking his hands and head sculpt. Would get if it were cheap though.
Re: New Look at Asia Exclusive APS-02 Brawl (1451021)
Posted by MGrotusque on January 2nd, 2013 @ 8:34am CST
Also, can someone point out too me what exactly is "premium" about this release. Just looks like the typical hasbro product shot that's heavily photoshopped too look way nicer than it actually is (Insert polishing a turd analogy here).
Re: New Look at Asia Exclusive APS-02 Brawl (1451040)
Posted by Mindmaster on January 2nd, 2013 @ 10:59am CST
monstergrotusque wrote:I don't get it. Why is this mold in a "premium series" release. It's not good enough of a mold nor is the character.

If you're saying that it looks just like the Hasbro version, consider the comparison of both versions below:

APS Brawl has a much more metallic finish than the Hasbro version.

As a lover of not only of tanks in general, but specifically the M1A1 Abrams, I would happily sell my kidneys to afford this (but not enough to trump MP-10).
Re: New Look at Asia Exclusive APS-02 Brawl (1451049)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on January 2nd, 2013 @ 11:36am CST

Leader class Brawl was my favorite figure from the 2007 movie line. I Lso though he raised the cool factor in the scene exponentially. He made the 'Cons look badass, not like drooling panzies in the second one.

Might try some paint modding on mine just to get some nice highlights.
Re: New Look at Asia Exclusive APS-02 Brawl (1451054)
Posted by Rated X on January 2nd, 2013 @ 11:54am CST
Good job on the decoding !!! Score one for the teaser haters !!!! 8)

On the figure itself, I own the Hasbro version and I wouldnt recommend the mold unless you are a huge Brawl fan. It doesnt hold together well in tank mode.
Re: New Look at Asia Exclusive APS-02 Brawl (1451056)
Posted by Mindmaster on January 2nd, 2013 @ 12:09pm CST
Rated X wrote:

And a tank fan like myself. Can't forget the fans of tanks!

The other day I picked up my Leader Brawl to reconfigure my displays to accompany my incoming Christmas haul. Massive pain in the butt to transform, especially the arms, mainly because I hadn't touched it in two or three years. :HEADHURTS:
Re: New Look at Asia Exclusive APS-02 Brawl (1451077)
Posted by XDMan on January 2nd, 2013 @ 1:36pm CST
YOW! That is one heck of a beast looking Brawl! Who knew TakaraTomy gets to give this guy a heck of show-accuracy!
Re: New Look at Asia Exclusive APS-02 Brawl (1451078)
Posted by RodimalToyota on January 2nd, 2013 @ 1:39pm CST
Bought on sight!
Re: New Look at Asia Exclusive APS-02 Brawl (1451104)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on January 2nd, 2013 @ 4:39pm CST
RodimalToyota wrote:Bought on sight!

You'll pay 200$ for this?
Re: New Look at Asia Exclusive APS-02 Brawl (1451176)
Posted by megatronus on January 2nd, 2013 @ 11:14pm CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:
RodimalToyota wrote:Bought on sight!

You'll pay 200$ for this?

I probably would. He looks great, and would look even better next to APS-01 Striker Prime (especially now that I've sunk $$ into the Dr Wu/UFO/Cubex articulated silver hands, Orange Axe & Sentinel Prime Shield, and Chrome Buster Guns).

If you don't want him, then... I'm sure you've got better things to do than knock others' purchases. >:oP
Re: New Look at Asia Exclusive APS-02 Brawl (1451189)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on January 3rd, 2013 @ 12:14am CST
megatronus wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
RodimalToyota wrote:Bought on sight!

You'll pay 200$ for this?

(...)

"Knocking other people's purchase?"
I'm not knocking anything. The bitterness of your coffee is clouding your perception, here. :HEADHURTS:
I'm just warning that this will be sold at a premium price, like all these other foreign exclusives.
Beside, a shooped preview dont count. If they do ask 200$ for it, it better have more than a shiny new coat of paint and they better show real pictures.

Anyway, do what you will with your money, buy a overpriced movie figure, smoke it, eat it in a salad, I dont care.

(No knocking here, oh no.)

(ME SMASH!)
Re: New Look at Asia Exclusive APS-02 Brawl (1451235)
Posted by Anonymous on January 3rd, 2013 @ 5:58am CST
If people are willing to pay $100, $150 or even $200 for an old figure with a shiny new coat of paint, all the best :PEACE:
Re: New Look at Asia Exclusive APS-02 Brawl (1451250)
Posted by megatronus on January 3rd, 2013 @ 8:20am CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:
megatronus wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
RodimalToyota wrote:Bought on sight!

You'll pay 200$ for this?

(...)

"Knocking other people's purchase?"

(No knocking here, oh no.)

(ME SMASH!)

Your overwrought response belies your point, and reeks of knocking :lol:
Re: New Look at Asia Exclusive APS-02 Brawl (1451271)
Posted by STngAR on January 3rd, 2013 @ 10:19am CST
Dark of the Moon?? :???:

Good thing I sold my movie one before this came out. :MAXIMAL:
Re: New Look at Asia Exclusive APS-02 Brawl (1451313)
Posted by Dean ML on January 3rd, 2013 @ 12:51pm CST
Don't know why some folks are so critical of this release. Leader Brawl already goes for around $200 new on eBay, but now you can get the premium treatment. He definitely deserves it. The mold's incredible.
Re: New Look at Asia Exclusive APS-02 Brawl (1451432)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on January 3rd, 2013 @ 6:01pm CST
megatronus wrote:
Your overwrought response belies your point, and reeks of knocking :lol:

Knock-knock.
Re: New Look at Asia Exclusive APS-02 Brawl (1451509)
Posted by Transformado on January 3rd, 2013 @ 9:44pm CST
megatronus wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
RodimalToyota wrote:Bought on sight!

You'll pay 200$ for this?

What shiny hands are you talking about ? What did i missed here?
Re: New Look at Asia Exclusive APS-02 Brawl (1451512)
Posted by Mindmaster on January 3rd, 2013 @ 9:57pm CST
Transformado wrote:
megatronus wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
RodimalToyota wrote:Bought on sight!

You'll pay 200$ for this?

What shiny hands are you talking about ? What did i missed here?

I believe he is referring to what appears to be paint applications on his hands that appear to represent weathered metal. Back when he was available in retail, his hands were plain ol' black.

EDIT: Thought you meant Brawl's hands. I'll hunt down said hands after I'm done with my damn project.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Energon Deluxe Decepticon Steamhammer (2005). - Time Remaining: 4 days 4 hours 27 minutes 48 seconds
Ramjet 100% Loose Complete 1985 Vintage Hasbro G1 Transformers - Time Remaining: 3 days 17 hours 43 minutes 39 seconds
Transformers G2 1991 PYRO incomplete (SPARK EUROPEAN) obliterator (broken) - Time Remaining: 11 days 29 minutes 27 seconds
2007 Hasbro Transformers :Movie IRONHIDE Voyager Class Stunning AFA 85/85/90 WOW - Time Remaining: 3 days 5 hours 2 minutes 37 seconds
Transformers Energon Beachcomber Figure MISB autobots 2004 - Time Remaining: 4 days 4 hours 18 minutes 26 seconds
Transformers Energon Deluxe Decepticon Slugslinger (2004). - Time Remaining: 4 days 3 hours 21 minutes 15 seconds
Hasbro 2007 BARRICADE Transformers Movie Deluxe Class  Stunning AFA 85/85/90! - Time Remaining: 3 days 6 hours 10 minutes 39 seconds
Transformers Movie Deluxe Target Exclusive Autobot Jazz Race retro paint sealed - Time Remaining: 3 days 5 hours 26 minutes 31 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #153 - Last Knights of Cybertron
"Last Knights of Cybertron"
Posted: Monday, August 15th, 2016