New Masterforce galleries: Godmaster Overlord with Giga and Mega

Transformers News: New Masterforce galleries: Godmaster Overlord with Giga and Mega

Thursday, August 2nd, 2012 2:08PM CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 62,956

Seibertron.com is proud present another Transformers holy grail from Super God Masterforce, G1 Overlord! He's always been in high demand among G1 collectors, but his popularity rose to new heights after appearing as the sadistic lead villain in IDW Publishing's fan favorite comic series Transformers: Last Stand of the Wreckers. Overlord recently received the Classics treatment in this year's BotCon "Invasion" box set as Gigatron, a repaint/retool of ROTF Voyager Class Bludgeon, which featured a new head inspired by his appearance in the aforementioned Transformers: Last Stand of the Wreckers comic. Full galleries of Overlord and his two Godmasters (aka Powermasters) Giga and Mega can be found below. Enjoy!

Super God Masterforce Overlord

Super God Masterforce Giga

Super God Masterforce Mega

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Masterforce galleries: Godmaster Overlord with Giga and Mega (1406768)
Posted by BeastProwl on August 2nd, 2012 @ 2:37pm CDT
Id'e love to own Overlord. To bad I need all my vital organs.
Very nice pictures, as always. Jealousy inducing, but nice! :D
Re: New Masterforce galleries: Godmaster Overlord with Giga and Mega (1406769)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on August 2nd, 2012 @ 2:41pm CDT
Thank you for this! One of my favorite characters (comic and cartoon) as well as toys.
Re: New Masterforce galleries: Godmaster Overlord with Giga and Mega (1406775)
Posted by dedcat on August 2nd, 2012 @ 3:02pm CDT
Superb work. I think i may have been drooling once or twice while viewing.
Re: New Masterforce galleries: Godmaster Overlord with Giga and Mega (1406788)
Posted by Duke of Luns on August 2nd, 2012 @ 3:30pm CDT

I never noticed that what becomes the shield functions very well as a sort of scout plane. That's cool!

Overlord looks like a very well designed figure, and it is a humongous shame it never came over to the U.S. I figure it's probably because it looks pretty big and would have been at a higher price point than Hasbro wanted on the market.
Re: New Masterforce galleries: Godmaster Overlord with Giga and Mega (1406793)
Posted by Tigertrack on August 2nd, 2012 @ 3:56pm CDT
Re: New Masterforce galleries: Godmaster Overlord with Giga and Mega (1406794)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 2nd, 2012 @ 4:03pm CDT
tigertracks 24 wrote:Everyone should own at least two. Fantastic toy. And yes, it is a shame it did not come over to the US.

Europeans should consider themselves lucky then as he was released there in 1991. He's still expensive as heck here though.
Re: New Masterforce galleries: Godmaster Overlord with Giga and Mega (1406806)
Posted by itc128 on August 2nd, 2012 @ 4:52pm CDT
Luckily I managed to pick up Overlord in the UK as G1 was on its last legs. My toy is in pretty good shape ... although it suffers from droopy wings!

Does anyone know of a method of correcting this? I know how to fix loose ball joints using the nail polish method .. but I am guessing that fixing my figure's problem will require a bit more brute force (a scary idea for a valuable collectible!!)
Re: New Masterforce galleries: Godmaster Overlord with Giga and Mega (1406809)
Posted by njb902 on August 2nd, 2012 @ 5:06pm CDT
he is a big boy. had mine as a kid.........so he kinda has some issues but still is fully functional with all the parts, but wow does he have a lot of scrapes and dents.
Re: New Masterforce galleries: Godmaster Overlord with Giga and Mega (1406811)
Posted by itc128 on August 2nd, 2012 @ 5:18pm CDT
He certainly is a great figure. It feels slightly strange talking about Transformers as a 32 year old man. But I've always been a child at heart and I'm greatly nostalgic about anything to do with the 80's.

My best ever Christmas was having Father Christmas pop Scorponok in my my stocking .. WOW!! he was such an amazing toy!!
Re: New Masterforce galleries: Godmaster Overlord with Giga and Mega (1406813)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on August 2nd, 2012 @ 5:27pm CDT
Re: New Masterforce galleries: Godmaster Overlord with Giga and Mega (1406823)
Posted by quickmixed on August 2nd, 2012 @ 6:18pm CDT
Those stickers are in the best condition I've ever seen.

Great gallery of a great figure.
Re: New Masterforce galleries: Godmaster Overlord with Giga and Mega (1406827)
Posted by Anonymous. on August 2nd, 2012 @ 6:39pm CDT
You evil spawn of a glitch, Overlord :P
Re: New Masterforce galleries: Godmaster Overlord with Giga and Mega (1406855)
Posted by Tigertrack on August 2nd, 2012 @ 8:54pm CDT
itc128 wrote:.

That's a hella big stocking.
Re: New Masterforce galleries: Godmaster Overlord with Giga and Mega (1406867)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 2nd, 2012 @ 9:12pm CDT
My favorite non-Megatron/Galavatron deceptiocn leader fianlly graces us with his presence in a Seibertron.com Toy Gallery. Well done, Ryan, well done. :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:
Re: New Masterforce galleries: Godmaster Overlord with Giga and Mega (1406888)
Posted by Poyguimogul on August 2nd, 2012 @ 10:33pm CDT
Shenanigans! Shenanigans I tell you! I call Shenanigans!

Joyride wasn't in Masterforce it was Ranger! :HEADHURTS:
Re: New Masterforce galleries: Godmaster Overlord with Giga and Mega (1406894)
Posted by morphobots on August 2nd, 2012 @ 11:22pm CDT
Beautiful. I was so shocked/pumped when Overlord was made the villain of LSOTW. This gallery almost makes me want to take mine out of the box. Almost.

(No, it's not sealed. I'd have to dig out the box, there's a lotta pieces, and I'm a little tired right now.) :lol:
Re: New Masterforce galleries: Godmaster Overlord with Giga and Mega (1406895)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 2nd, 2012 @ 11:25pm CDT
Poyguimogul wrote:Shenanigans! Shenanigans I tell you! I call Shenanigans!

Joyride wasn't in Masterforce it was Ranger! :HEADHURTS:
By Jove, you'a right, guv'na!
Re: New Masterforce galleries: Godmaster Overlord with Giga and Mega (1406902)
Posted by Seibertron on August 2nd, 2012 @ 11:44pm CDT
quickmixed wrote:Was the big guy MISB before the gallery? Overlord looks to be in absolutely sterling condition.
Those stickers are in the best condition I've ever seen.

Great gallery of a great figure.

He was MIB, stickers unapplied. Immaculate condition. Just the condition I wanted him in so that I could do my gallery wonders with him. I didn't want one sealed because I couldn't verify the condition.

Primus was watching out for him last year too when my basement flooded. He and Great Shot were in a middle of a tub that took on water and somehow, miraculously, these two items were the only things that didn't get damaged. Just got lucky!
Re: New Masterforce galleries: Godmaster Overlord with Giga and Mega (1406904)
Posted by Seibertron on August 2nd, 2012 @ 11:46pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Poyguimogul wrote:Shenanigans! Shenanigans I tell you! I call Shenanigans!

Joyride wasn't in Masterforce it was Ranger! :HEADHURTS:
By Jove, you'a right, guv'na!

I did a few cheats with the group shots just because I didn't think I'd ever do a group shot like that again, especially now that all of the big dogs in the "Masterforce" group shot are put back in their boxes in storage.

Siren filled in for Go Shooter and Doubledealer filled in for Doubleclouder. The Firecons and Sparkabots are the US versions as well. The rest are the same regardless if it's Takara or Hasbro. Oddly enough, I ended up with a Go Shooter about two weeks after I completed that group shot. Oh well!
Re: New Masterforce galleries: Godmaster Overlord with Giga and Mega (1406908)
Posted by Seibertron on August 2nd, 2012 @ 11:50pm CDT
Nemesis Destron wrote:Indeed great work on the Overlord gallery and one of my personal G1 favs both my Euro and Japanese versions. But I was surprised not to see a few pics of Botcon Gigatron standing next to the mighty Overlord. Great work and thanks! ;)^ :VEHI:

I just ran out of time. These galleries took much longer to complete than I had planned. I wanted to make sure that they were all back in storage before I left for SDCC so I had to take a few shortcuts in the end. Lots of comparison shots in these galleries (i.e. Black Zarak, Overlord, Grand Maximus, Brave Maximus, etc) with figures from the series they came from but no comparison shots with their other versions (such as SCF, etc). Had to draw the line somewhere unfortunately.

One day I'll bust out Overlord again. I'm sure we haven't seen the last of him. I'm still holding out hope for a reissue and for a proper Classics version of him.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers G1 Pretender Doubleheader - Time Remaining: 7 days 4 hours 6 minutes 44 seconds
Takara Tomy Transformers Legends series LG18 Armada Starscream super mode Japan - Time Remaining: 8 days 11 hours 37 minutes 23 seconds
Transformers Collectors Club TFCC 1.0 Scourge Nemesis Prime MIB UNUSED - Time Remaining: 2 days 21 hours 10 minutes 3 seconds
Transformers Age of Extinction AOE Stomp & Chomp Grimlock 2014 Hasbro - Time Remaining: 2 days 10 hours 14 minutes 6 seconds
Takara Transformers Robot Masters RM-03 Rijie Mirage - Time Remaining: 7 days 10 hours 48 minutes 1 second
TAKARA TRANSFORMERS MICRON LEGEND/ARAMADA CRYSTAL CLEAR CONVOY/OPTIMUS PRIME - Time Remaining: 1 day 12 hours 18 minutes 4 seconds
Transformers ANIMATED CYBERTRON MODE Megatron Voyager Class  NEW MIB - Time Remaining: 1 day 14 hours 36 minutes 42 seconds
Transformers ANIMATED Autobot BULKHEAD Leader Class NEW MIB - Time Remaining: 7 days 19 hours 6 minutes 47 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #153 - Last Knights of Cybertron
"Last Knights of Cybertron"
Posted: Monday, August 15th, 2016