New Motobot PE-DX01 Prototype Images

Transformers News: New Motobot PE-DX01 Prototype Images

Thursday, January 19th, 2012 9:03AM CST

Categories: Toy News, 3rd Party News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 26,852

PerfectEffect have updated their blog with a few colored images of their Arcee homage figure, Motobot PE-DX01. Check them out below.

Credit(s): PerfectEffect, Daimchoc
Re: New Motobot PE-DX01 Prototype Images (1335614)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on January 19th, 2012 @ 9:06am CST
Wow, that's a hot pink! This figure is looking great though.
Re: New Motobot PE-DX01 Prototype Images (1335623)
Posted by Rated X on January 19th, 2012 @ 9:18am CST
It's not Arcee. I like it, but I would much rather have the same body with an Elita One head. Or a female Junkion head sculpt and Junkion colors.
Re: New Motobot PE-DX01 Prototype Images (1335629)
Posted by dedcat on January 19th, 2012 @ 9:26am CST
Looks as though this is going to be another superb PE fig. I would consider buying a second 'Junkion' version (provided there was some retooling), but no love for a blue Prime or greenish medic incarnation.
Re: New Motobot PE-DX01 Prototype Images (1335630)
Posted by philipjreed on January 19th, 2012 @ 9:31am CST
Looks great, and I agree that a Junkion version would be spectacular. That said, I also think I'll go after the pink.
Re: New Motobot PE-DX01 Prototype Images (1335631)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on January 19th, 2012 @ 9:31am CST
Rated X wrote:It's not Arcee.

IDW Arcee would like to have a word with you.
Re: New Motobot PE-DX01 Prototype Images (1335632)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on January 19th, 2012 @ 9:34am CST
Razorclaw0000 wrote:
Rated X wrote:It's not Arcee.

IDW Arcee would like to have a word with you.

Another example of where a little literature comes in handy. IDW Arcee is a bad ass. Teaming this figure up with Hardheaded will be cool.
Re: New Motobot PE-DX01 Prototype Images (1335637)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on January 19th, 2012 @ 9:46am CST
amcgrath929 wrote:
Razorclaw0000 wrote:
Rated X wrote:It's not Arcee.

IDW Arcee would like to have a word with you.

Headrobots Hardhead, none the less.
Re: New Motobot PE-DX01 Prototype Images (1335639)
Posted by gothsaurus on January 19th, 2012 @ 9:48am CST
:BANG_HEAD:

But back to the toy, It's a little bright, but It's a definite buy. Fantastic all around. I'm in for the recolors of Paradron Medic, etc. Head changes for Elita-1 and Junkion are a must, IMO.

Wreck Gar's wife "Nancy" anyone????
Re: New Motobot PE-DX01 Prototype Images (1335647)
Posted by hpfabe on January 19th, 2012 @ 10:07am CST
I've been wanting this from the start (yes, feeding my motorcycle bot addiction), but the more pictures I see of it, the more I want it. These latest pics really have me sold. As long as the price is halfway reasonable, I expect I'll be getting at least a couple different colors, too.
Really like the design asthetic on it, too.
Re: New Motobot PE-DX01 Prototype Images (1335651)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on January 19th, 2012 @ 10:18am CST
I think the majority does not view this fem-bot as Arcee and rightly so. I was just now thinking of the name Cyclonia... :-? . But there is no denying the cool factor when looking at Motobot. So c'mon PE when and how much?? :VEHI:
Re: New Motobot PE-DX01 Prototype Images (1335654)
Posted by rpetras on January 19th, 2012 @ 10:26am CST
I really love this mold, and I plan to get any and all color variants/remold/repaints, price depending of course.

It won't be my Arcee, I already have a "Delicate Warrior" who is a perfect Arcee IMO, but these still look awesome with all of their bike-bot goodness.
Re: New Motobot PE-DX01 Prototype Images (1335657)
Posted by kirbenvost on January 19th, 2012 @ 10:35am CST
Looks amazing. I wish I could afford it.
Re: New Motobot PE-DX01 Prototype Images (1335662)
Posted by Prime Evil on January 19th, 2012 @ 10:45am CST
I won't be getting the pink bike, but any other repaints after, like the blue, I will be buying. And of course, I'm assuming there will be some bad ass black colored Con exclusive color by the time Botcon rolls around. :twisted:
Re: New Motobot PE-DX01 Prototype Images (1335665)
Posted by gothsaurus on January 19th, 2012 @ 10:51am CST
Mmmm blaaaaack. :x
Re: New Motobot PE-DX01 Prototype Images (1335701)
Posted by Jesterhead on January 19th, 2012 @ 12:01pm CST
They really nailed the female proportions on this mold. Beats the tar out of Delicate Warrior.

It will be mine!
Re: New Motobot PE-DX01 Prototype Images (1335802)
Posted by Sodan-1 on January 19th, 2012 @ 3:14pm CST
Razorclaw0000 wrote:
Rated X wrote:It's not Arcee.

IDW Arcee would like to have a word with you.

Robot mode is pretty much spot-on, but I reckon Rated X was referring to the differences in alt-mode. Not too keen on bike-Arcees myself, but this figure is looking mighty tasty. That said, this particular prototype is looking a little rough around the edges.

gothsaurus wrote:As a side note, I hate it when the comics do a complete 180 from established canon. Just like jumping bouncing bad-@$$ Yoda, this bitter-assassin Arcee is so far from the caring, nurturing Arcee in the movie protecting the humans. It's like the new writers and artists have to put their stamp on things, and flipping a character to a complete opposite is the way to do it.
:BANG_HEAD:

I prefer IDW's Arcee to the G1 original. G1 Arcee was a boring and cliche female character. She was the Transformers equivalent of Reverand Lovejoy's wife ("Won't somebody please think of the children.") My ex actually found it a little insulting how Arcee was portrayed in the original animations, always fussing over the other characters to see if they were OK.

IDW's Arcee is more like X-Men's Mystique, Catwoman or a female Bond villian. The only thing I don't like about IDW's Arcee is (and please correct me if I read it all wrong) that there was a suggestion in Revelations that she was originally a dude.
Re: New Motobot PE-DX01 Prototype Images (1335804)
Posted by gothsaurus on January 19th, 2012 @ 3:24pm CST
Yeah, I don't mind edging her a little out of that "mom" role... but a complete flip is what bothers me. That one spotlight comic was just anger, vengeance, a lot of killin' and mech fluid everywhere. That was too much to sit right with me.
Re: New Motobot PE-DX01 Prototype Images (1335809)
Posted by Dead Metal on January 19th, 2012 @ 3:38pm CST
Sodan-1 wrote:

No, she was never a dude. She however was the first TF with a gender, all others TFs are neither dude nor chick.
Re: New Motobot PE-DX01 Prototype Images (1335815)
Posted by gothsaurus on January 19th, 2012 @ 3:45pm CST
Neither chick nor dude... read: tranny. :-?
Re: New Motobot PE-DX01 Prototype Images (1335894)
Posted by Stormrider on January 19th, 2012 @ 8:44pm CST
Is this going to be made of soft plastic? Kind of looks like it in the pictures.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #136 - The Gathering