Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers News: New Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-26 Bumblebee and TG-27 Trailcutter & Hoist

Wednesday, July 10th, 2013 8:28AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 15,279

Chara-Net has posted clearer official images of Takara Tomy's upcoming Transformers Generations TG-26 Bumblebee and TG-17 Hoist and Trailcutter. We've mirrored the images below. Although TG-26 comes with a blue head, it is not the remolded version that was revealed at BotCon for Hasbro's upcoming Generations Goldfire.

Re: TFSource Site Sponsor News - Takara Tomy TG-24 to TG-27

Re: TFSource Site Sponsor News - Takara Tomy TG-24 to TG-27

Re: TFSource Site Sponsor News - Takara Tomy TG-24 to TG-27

Re: TFSource Site Sponsor News - Takara Tomy TG-24 to TG-27

Re: TFSource Site Sponsor News - Takara Tomy TG-24 to TG-27

Re: TFSource Site Sponsor News - Takara Tomy TG-24 to TG-27

Re: TFSource Site Sponsor News - Takara Tomy TG-24 to TG-27
Credit(s): Chara-Net
Re: New Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-26 Bumblebee and TG-27 Trailcutter & Hoist (1502098)
Posted by Rated X on July 10th, 2013 @ 9:13am CDT
Re: New Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-26 Bumblebee and TG-27 Trailcutter & Hoist (1502102)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 10th, 2013 @ 9:25am CDT
Re: New Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-26 Bumblebee and TG-27 Trailcutter & Hoist (1502105)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 10th, 2013 @ 9:37am CDT
Rated X wrote:Is there a real difference ? Can somebody post pics of both Takara and Hasbro Hoist side by side ?
TakaraTomy TG-26 Bumblebee Goldbug:

Hasbro Goldfire:

Hasbro Bumblebee:
Re: New Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-26 Bumblebee and TG-27 Trailcutter & Hoist (1502118)
Posted by warzon3 on July 10th, 2013 @ 10:18am CDT
So where is the preorder for Hasbro Hoist?

Why are we getting preorders and pics for the Takara one first, even if it won't be released until later????
Re: New Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-26 Bumblebee and TG-27 Trailcutter & Hoist (1502129)
Posted by GuyIncognito on July 10th, 2013 @ 11:51am CDT
I'm starting to think this BB might be my favorite BB of all time.* Based on what I've seen so far, I like it better than movie-verse BB, Animated BB, Prime BB, WFC BB, Generations Legend BB and even Classics BB.

* I can't really compare it to G1 BB; it's not really fair to either one.
Re: New Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-26 Bumblebee and TG-27 Trailcutter & Hoist (1502162)
Posted by MasterSoundBlaster on July 10th, 2013 @ 2:48pm CDT
I'm really liking the Takara version of Bumblebee. Although I wish they used a different head sculpt to pull off that Goldbug vibe, he looks weird without the faceplate and visor.

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Here's a good question for you sticklers to fiction: what are the chances of Goldfire becoming a character separate from Bumblebee, since we're dealing with IDW?

I actually like that idea, seeing how we had Galvatron being a seperate character from Megatron.
Re: New Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-26 Bumblebee and TG-27 Trailcutter & Hoist (1502184)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 10th, 2013 @ 3:54pm CDT
Only one I don't like here is Goldbug. Not Goldbug-y enough. >:oP

But the rest of them... damn, wish I had these suckers. I'd love to get my mitts on Hoist and Trailbreaker especially, but with a Deluxe at almost $40, I just can't bring myself to do that to my wallet.
Re: New Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-26 Bumblebee and TG-27 Trailcutter & Hoist (1502223)
Posted by Sodan-1 on July 10th, 2013 @ 6:32pm CDT
Woah, OK. I'm going to say Takara's Hoist is a definite improvement with it's more vibrant colours. Trailcutter as well, although sinner that I am, I prefer Hasbro's blue visor.

Goldbee is a definite pass. I'm only interested in that mold as Bumblebee, minus all the gold. But Hasbro's version really is quite pale, cheap looking. I may end up skipping this mold entirely. No big loss.
Re: New Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-26 Bumblebee and TG-27 Trailcutter & Hoist (1502225)
Posted by Rated X on July 10th, 2013 @ 6:46pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
TakaraTomy TG-26 Bumblebee Goldbug:

Hasbro Goldfire:

Hasbro Bumblebee:

Re: New Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-26 Bumblebee and TG-27 Trailcutter & Hoist (1502229)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 10th, 2013 @ 7:03pm CDT
Rated X wrote:Thanks. But it was actually comparison shots of the 2 Hoists that I wanted to see.
Ah, sorry. Here you go.

Takara TG-17 Hoist

Hasbro Hoist:
Re: New Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-26 Bumblebee and TG-27 Trailcutter & Hoist (1502249)
Posted by Stormrider on July 10th, 2013 @ 8:43pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Ah, sorry. Here you go.

Takara TG-17 Hoist

Hasbro Hoist:

Re: New Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-26 Bumblebee and TG-27 Trailcutter & Hoist (1502258)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 10th, 2013 @ 9:06pm CDT
Stormrider wrote:I usually prefer Takara's paint jobs but not this time for Hoist. The Yellow and green seem more G1 accurate on Hasbro. Also Hasbro's has the yellow visor.
Hope you like Hasbro Trailcutter better too since the Takara one comes with the Takara Hoist.
Re: New Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-26 Bumblebee and TG-27 Trailcutter & Hoist (1502284)
Posted by Rated X on July 10th, 2013 @ 11:10pm CDT
Re: New Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-26 Bumblebee and TG-27 Trailcutter & Hoist (1502290)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 10th, 2013 @ 11:31pm CDT
Rated X wrote:Thanks. For once it looks like Hasbro has the colors that are more G1 cartoon accurate, which I prefer over G1 toy accuracy. However, both got the head the wrong color. Sure takara got the blue eyes right, but what good is getting the eyes right if the head is supposed to be black ? Since this is going to be a mass release, I think Beezleboss should jump on an add on set for Hoist with a black head and arm cannon.
The head is not supposed to be black. Both Hasbro and Takara were going for IDW comic-accuracy, not cartoon-accuracy.

As has been stated time and again, all of the Thrilling 30 toys are IDW comic toys.
Re: New Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-26 Bumblebee and TG-27 Trailcutter & Hoist (1502465)
Posted by Rated X on July 11th, 2013 @ 1:00pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

Well Im no comic guy. I commend Hasbro for going with the G1 cartoon colors though. A black head would be an easy fix for those who want a something more G1. If an upgrade kit isnt made ill just buy an extra Hoist and dye the head black. Then Ill dye the green body dark blue and mix parts with trailcutter to make Diaclone Trailbreaker.
Re: New Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-26 Bumblebee and TG-27 Trailcutter & Hoist (1502476)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 11th, 2013 @ 1:25pm CDT
Rated X wrote:I commend Hasbro for going with the G1 cartoon colors though.
Again, that wasn't their intention. They made this toy to resemble the IDW comic Hoist.
Re: New Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-26 Bumblebee and TG-27 Trailcutter & Hoist (1502521)
Posted by Rated X on July 11th, 2013 @ 4:32pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Rated X wrote:I commend Hasbro for going with the G1 cartoon colors though.

Maybe it wasnt their intention, but they nailed it to the G1 cartoon shade of green and I love it. :D Ill take care of the head myself.

And IDW style or not, it appears Takara was shooting for a shade of green that resembles the G1 toy, rather than the comic/cartoon color. Or do IDW comics get sold in Japan ?
Re: New Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-26 Bumblebee and TG-27 Trailcutter & Hoist (1502523)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 11th, 2013 @ 4:45pm CDT
Rated X wrote:Or do IDW comics get sold in Japan ?
They do not.

Which is ironic since the Takara Deluxe Megatron toy looks way more comic-accurate than the Hasbro version (minus Takara swapping out the Hasbro toy's translucent purple plastic for translucent red plastic).
Re: New Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-26 Bumblebee and TG-27 Trailcutter & Hoist (1502553)
Posted by Stormrider on July 11th, 2013 @ 7:43pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

Re: New Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-26 Bumblebee and TG-27 Trailcutter & Hoist (1502571)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 11th, 2013 @ 9:36pm CDT
Stormrider wrote:Yeah good point. I don't see too much difference in Hasbro vs Takara Trailcutter. I think the Hasbro versions come with a IDW comic book too.
Indeed.

But, since I've done it with Bee and Hoist, let's see how Trailcutter compares. ;)

Takara TG-17 Trailcutter:

Hasbro Trailcutter:
Re: New Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-26 Bumblebee and TG-27 Trailcutter & Hoist (1502574)
Posted by Stormrider on July 11th, 2013 @ 9:46pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Indeed.

Takara TG-17 Trailcutter:

Hasbro Trailcutter:

Oh god damn! Now I like the Takara Trailcutter better.
Re: New Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-26 Bumblebee and TG-27 Trailcutter & Hoist (1502708)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on July 12th, 2013 @ 2:09pm CDT
Re: New Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-26 Bumblebee and TG-27 Trailcutter & Hoist (1502838)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 13th, 2013 @ 12:48am CDT
Nemesis Destron wrote:Yeah I will take Goldfire, Goldbug, Hoist, and Trailcutter thank you. Bumblebee looks better on the pegs as usual. :P :VEHI:
When has Bumblebee ever looked good on the pegs, lately? ;) :P