Transformers News: New Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-18 Bluestreak and MP-19 Smokescreen

Wednesday, October 2nd, 2013 8:09AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 13,015

Thanks to TransformersKorea we have some new official images of Takara Tomy's upcoming Transformers Masterpiece figures MP-18 Bluestreak and MP-19 Smokescreen. Bluestreak is due to release this month, with Smokescreen scheduled for December.

Transformers News: Re: MP Prowl & Streak - Official Images

Transformers News: Re: MP Prowl & Streak - Official Images
Credit(s): Transformers Korea
Re: New Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-18 Bluestreak and MP-19 Smokescreen (1521246)
Posted by Bowspearer on October 2nd, 2013 @ 8:36am CDT
Smokescreen looks absolutely brilliant. Looks like Jazz has his upper arms and shoulders sorted out when he comes along too.
Re: New Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-18 Bluestreak and MP-19 Smokescreen (1521265)
Posted by Seibertron on October 2nd, 2013 @ 10:14am CDT
Re: New Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-18 Bluestreak and MP-19 Smokescreen (1521269)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 2nd, 2013 @ 10:35am CDT
Seibertron wrote:I didn't realize that the forehead crest was remolded differently for Prowl, Smokescreen and Bluestreak. Kudos to Takara Tomy for paying attention to that small detail. That's awesome! :KREMZEEK:
Not just the forehead, the whole headsculpt is new for each of them. 8)
Re: New Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-18 Bluestreak and MP-19 Smokescreen (1521277)
Posted by Dead Metal on October 2nd, 2013 @ 10:59am CDT
Valandar wrote:Oddly, that head actually makes me think of the Junkions.

Not just the head, but the colouring too, at first glaqnce it looks like a Junkion that turns into a car. Pretty cool in that retro sort of way.

And yes a remold/ repaint of Prowl into this would be pretty cool.
Re: New Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-18 Bluestreak and MP-19 Smokescreen (1521280)
Posted by Bowspearer on October 2nd, 2013 @ 11:33am CDT
It's not just the heads though- even the hips on each of them are different if you look closely.
Re: New Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-18 Bluestreak and MP-19 Smokescreen (1521285)
Posted by KorbinJones on October 2nd, 2013 @ 12:07pm CDT
I will buy a Blue repaint of Smokescreen if they call it Bluestreak!
Re: New Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-18 Bluestreak and MP-19 Smokescreen (1521287)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on October 2nd, 2013 @ 12:13pm CDT
KorbinJones wrote:I will buy a Blue repaint of Smokescreen if they call it Bluestreak!

Colored like that urban legend from G1?

Re: New Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-18 Bluestreak and MP-19 Smokescreen (1521291)
Posted by Bowspearer on October 2nd, 2013 @ 12:28pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Colored like that urban legend from G1?

Technically it's not an urban legend but the Diaclone version and I suspect someone will do it as an exclusive after Tigertrack was released.

Re: New Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-18 Bluestreak and MP-19 Smokescreen (1521320)
Posted by xyl360 on October 2nd, 2013 @ 2:33pm CDT
Sexy has a new name, and that name is Smokescreen :D!
Re: New Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-18 Bluestreak and MP-19 Smokescreen (1521332)
Posted by ReinaHW on October 2nd, 2013 @ 3:06pm CDT
This is how I've always pictured him in my imagination and how I've always wished him to be made as!

He's gorgeous! He is a must buy, well for me he is, not sure about anyone else. Okay, fan girl moment done.

But he really does look amazing, the colours, the build, it all looks as close to perfect as you can ever get for a Transformer.
Re: New Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-18 Bluestreak and MP-19 Smokescreen (1521381)
Posted by xyl360 on October 2nd, 2013 @ 6:15pm CDT
ReinaHW wrote:*Tears her eyes away from the images of MP Smokescreen* Excuse me while I do a fan girl scream - Eeeeeee! I've got to add him to the collection! I've waited close to thirty years for this guy, ever since I had the original G1 Smokescreen as my first Transformer almost thirty years ago.

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up for me perfectly :).

I never had him as a kid unfortunately (I gots him now though of course :P) but he was always my favorite Autobot car.
Re: New Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-18 Bluestreak and MP-19 Smokescreen (1521407)
Posted by Judas_Warlord on October 2nd, 2013 @ 10:41pm CDT
Re: New Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-18 Bluestreak and MP-19 Smokescreen (1521415)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 2nd, 2013 @ 11:09pm CDT
Cuz Prowl isn't the same height as Optimus in the cartoon. He's shorter, so he get's a shorter toy.

The new MPs are scaled to the official cartoon scale guide, so as to create a better sense of uniformity among the figures. It also lets Prowl fit inside Prime's trailer.

Full Size
Re: New Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-18 Bluestreak and MP-19 Smokescreen (1524551)
Posted by Cyberpath on October 18th, 2013 @ 4:34am CDT
New pic from the designer:

Re: New Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-18 Bluestreak and MP-19 Smokescreen (1524708)
Posted by Suz on October 18th, 2013 @ 9:34pm CDT
Judas_Warlord wrote:These two are barely 6 inches tall. Why are they starting to downsize the Masterpiece figures? They look cool and all but for the price they are going for I think I'll pass. >:oP

I felt that way initially, too, when my MP Sideswipe arrived. Now that I've had him for several months, it doesn't bother me anymore. He's still better than any previous version of him. I'm also really enjoying Prowl. I cannot wait for Bluestreak and Smokey to finally arrive!

If downsizing them means more MP Cars and Mini-Cars, that's a trade-off I can live with.
Re: New Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-18 Bluestreak and MP-19 Smokescreen (1524785)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on October 19th, 2013 @ 5:24pm CDT
Bluestreak was my very first Transformer, back in the day. I've got G1, Classics, Alternators and soon Masterpiece! :D
Re: New Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-18 Bluestreak and MP-19 Smokescreen (1524896)
Posted by Suz on October 20th, 2013 @ 11:00am CDT
My first Bluestreak was a Christmas present back in '84 or '85. He was always one of my favorites. I just love how each of the Datsuns has a different head sculpt and other smaller details that distinguishes them.
Re: New Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-18 Bluestreak and MP-19 Smokescreen (1525051)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on October 21st, 2013 @ 12:50pm CDT
Transformersasia has updated with the image for the Asian exclusive coin that is packaged with MP-18 Bluestreak. Bluestreak is set for release soon on October 26. In the mean time, check out the coin design below.

Re: New Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-18 Bluestreak and MP-19 Smokescreen (1525591)
Posted by Cyberpath on October 24th, 2013 @ 3:10am CDT
The designer posted another photo:

And there's a mention of "MP-20".

ストリークの参戦により、MPになったアーク搭乗員は全部で四人となりました。アニメ序盤から登場する彼等が僕は大好きです。今後さらに搭乗員が増えるといいですね!MP-20以降のキャラクターにもぜひ注目ください#TT_TF

If I got that right, the last line says "Please pay attention to a character after MP-20."
Re: New Official Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-18 Bluestreak and MP-19 Smokescreen (1525609)
Posted by Autobot032 on October 24th, 2013 @ 6:10am CDT
The latest Transformers Masterpiece figure, MP-18 Bluestreak, has apparently seen release and blogger Alfes2010 has provided some pics via his Twitter feed. The figure is scheduled to be shipping from US e-tailers such as BBTS and TFSource by the beginning of November, if not sooner. 'Til then, this will have to tide you over.

The small gallery has been mirrored below.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #136 - The Gathering