New Official Images: Transformers Generations Brainstorm

Transformers News: New Official Images: Transformers Generations Brainstorm

Monday, July 21st, 2014 10:58PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 27,065

Once again the Transformers Columbia Facebook provides us with a new set of official product images, this time is the upcoming Transformers Generations Voyager Class Brainstorm. This highly anticipated figure comes complete with Headmaster Arcana! Check out the images mirrored below:

Transformers News: Re: Official Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Discussion Thread

Credit(s): Transformers Colombia
Re: New Official Images: Transformers Generations Brainstorm (1592412)
Posted by Super Megatron on July 21st, 2014 @ 11:15pm CDT
Too bad Brainstorm's tech spec meter is just a decal.
Re: New Official Images: Transformers Generations Brainstorm (1592415)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 21st, 2014 @ 11:19pm CDT
And the IDW fandom rejoiced.
Re: New Official Images: Transformers Generations Brainstorm (1592417)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on July 21st, 2014 @ 11:28pm CDT
Hasbro should really look into adding more personality to their figures. Like having Grimlock come with a serving trey and an apron? While funny, doesn't work. Having Brainstorm come with a briefcase? That would have been funny and awesome! Not saying that this isn't awesome, it is! I'm surprised they did the headmaster thing, makes it so much sweeter. For some reason I've always dug the whole idea of headmasters. I dunno why.
Re: New Official Images: Transformers Generations Brainstorm (1592420)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 21st, 2014 @ 11:34pm CDT
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:Hasbro should really look into adding more personality to their figures. Like having Grimlock come with a serving trey and an apron? While funny, doesn't work.
But that was Takara's doing, and for a Masterpiece.
Re: New Official Images: Transformers Generations Brainstorm (1592427)
Posted by Rated X on July 22nd, 2014 @ 12:16am CDT
Re: New Official Images: Transformers Generations Brainstorm (1592429)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 22nd, 2014 @ 12:17am CDT
Rated X wrote:Very weird looking. I think Fansproject nails Hasbro's characters better than Hasbro. The only things Hasbro got right in robot mode is the faceplate.
It's meant to scratch this itch:

Not this itch:
Re: New Official Images: Transformers Generations Brainstorm (1592437)
Posted by RhA on July 22nd, 2014 @ 2:16am CDT
I need this toy.
Re: New Official Images: Transformers Generations Brainstorm (1592443)
Posted by frogbat on July 22nd, 2014 @ 3:49am CDT
Another original G1 fave that I still treasure in my collection. I really liked the headmasters and i was sad I never got them all (had brainstorm, weirdwolf and mindswipe and scorponok).

Think that what really made me like the original toy and why he featured in many of my battles was besides his very sleek jet mode and fun transformation, he was extremely posable and had lots of points of articulation when compared to his contemporaries.

Even tho 3rd parties are doing a great job I'd still go for official product (if money were no issue i'd get them all :D), I'd also hate to get a 3rd party thinking hasbro would never introduce a certain figure only for them to do so a couple of years later.
Re: New Official Images: Transformers Generations Brainstorm (1592449)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on July 22nd, 2014 @ 4:24am CDT
Looks to be a pretty simple transformation, but I'm okay with that because the alt-mode looks sweet.
Re: New Official Images: Transformers Generations Brainstorm (1592450)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on July 22nd, 2014 @ 4:24am CDT
Re: New Official Images: Transformers Generations Brainstorm (1592453)
Posted by fenrir72 on July 22nd, 2014 @ 5:05am CDT
Does the built in tech spec function like the Headmaster Jr's bar or like the originals using the tumbler like presentation? Or are simply static?
Re: New Official Images: Transformers Generations Brainstorm (1592478)
Posted by reluctantyouth on July 22nd, 2014 @ 8:17am CDT

The Generations are being engulfed by the movie crap. I speculate for every 12-13 cases of movie crap coming in there might be 0-1 case of Generations if the planets are aligned and all that good stuff.

I have seen Rhinox, Whirl, and Double Dealer but that is it. The deluxe Generations shelf warmers all but disappeared when Wally World dropped the price of deluxes back down to $9.97...there has been nothing to replace them.

Then of course there is not one DAMN new pre-order on Hasbrotoyshop.com either. SDCC is next week...August will be here before you know it...where the hell are all the preorders once again Hasbro? I would buy all of the following if you just put up a preorder

(2) Jetfire
(2) Rattrap
(2) Arcee
(2) Chromia
(2) Brainstorm
(2) Windblade

Can you count Hasbro? That's a sale of 12 figures ($240 give or take guaranteed)and I'm sure I'm not alone...get off your lazy asses. The brick and mortars are dead and it's your poor distribution habits fault. Tell the East and West coast distributors to stop sending us the leftover crap. How many times do I have to post this rant?...no one is listening anyway. The letters I send Hasbro usually go unanswered or I get a coupon for crap.

~reluctantyouth~ :BOT:

PS~ Hasbro not putting out preorders guarantees a good chance of future figure waves being canceled...this is beyond stupid. It continues year after year after horrible year.
Re: New Official Images: Transformers Generations Brainstorm (1592484)
Posted by fenrir72 on July 22nd, 2014 @ 8:41am CDT
There's always Tomy...........
Re: New Official Images: Transformers Generations Brainstorm (1592495)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on July 22nd, 2014 @ 9:14am CDT
reluctantyouth wrote: :-x ....Hasbro thanks to your ridiculous distributing habits and shoving every piece of crap you have down Wal-Mart's throat I alas will probably not find this figure anywhere.

You should know that the retail companies order the Transformers toys from Hasbro. The retail companies do the distributing work, not Hasbro. Also, if you can't find it at Kmart, Target, Wal-Mart, etc. go to Toys"R"Us. The store is dedicated to toys.
Re: New Official Images: Transformers Generations Brainstorm (1592499)
Posted by Down_Shift on July 22nd, 2014 @ 9:18am CDT
reluctantyouth wrote::-x ....Hasbro thanks to your ridiculous distributing habits and shoving every piece of crap you have down Wal-Mart's throat I alas will probably not find this figure anywhere.

(2) Jetfire
(2) Rattrap
(2) Arcee
(2) Chromia
(2) Brainstorm
(2) Windblade

~reluctantyouth~ :BOT:

Give it time. Hasbro is doing A La Cart orders now, so you will get them eventually. They really shouldn't be that hard to get a hold of.
Re: New Official Images: Transformers Generations Brainstorm (1592502)
Posted by reluctantyouth on July 22nd, 2014 @ 9:24am CDT
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:Seeing these photos, I'm disgusted at the dull, light blue color, the lack of detail, and the thin body. All of the Generations Voyager Class toys have been nothing but anorexic Transformers (except for Whirl, Springer, and Sky-Byte). This toy is based on the IDW design and he doesn't look like he has an eating disorder. Seeing the simplified treatment happening to the Generations figures wants me to draw a tear from my eye.

I agree wholeheartedly in some respects, but that would mean that Hasbro actually pitched all of their products appropriately, gave set in stone deadlines for product availability, and shipped orders out promptly to distributors...even in a perfect world Hasbro would be unable to do that. So when I say it's Hasbro's fault...it really is when you get down to bare bones logistics.
Re: New Official Images: Transformers Generations Brainstorm (1592534)
Posted by Ballistic90 on July 22nd, 2014 @ 11:23am CDT
I am getting a strong Arwing vide from the Alt mode. I must have it....
Re: New Official Images: Transformers Generations Brainstorm (1592557)
Posted by Peridot on July 22nd, 2014 @ 12:48pm CDT

All of those "flaws" you point out are comic-accurate, except for the lack of detail. And even then, that varies from artist to artist.
Re: New Official Images: Transformers Generations Brainstorm (1592560)
Posted by Black Hat on July 22nd, 2014 @ 12:57pm CDT
I'm not at all familiar with Brainstorm, but this figure looks pretty good! I like that they added the tech-specs in the chest- a nice little homage to the old toys. The fact it seems to be just a decal is a bit of a shame, but then tumblers would up the parts count and the price (and also possibly hinder head articulation).
Re: New Official Images: Transformers Generations Brainstorm (1592661)
Posted by Skywarp64 on July 22nd, 2014 @ 6:14pm CDT
I wish they'd put some Cybertron characters in Generations, especially since it's now brought back Armada Starscream and is bringing back Armada Megatron. The Unicron Trilogy is what was going on when I was a kid, and I want to see more of it, particularly Cybertron because it was always a personal favorite of mine.

Ending Soon On eBay

2016 SDCC Transformers Generations Masterpiece Bumblebee G1 Figure 6" w/ Spike - Time Remaining: 1 day 19 hours 53 minutes 50 seconds
Transformers G1 Parts 1988 Horri-Bull KREB figure headmaster - Time Remaining: 9 days 9 minutes 29 seconds
Transformers Titanium HotZone Hot Zone Hot Spot HotSpot NEW MIB - Time Remaining: 8 days 5 hours 54 minutes 40 seconds
Transformers Cybertron Unicron DLX Class NEW SEALED - Time Remaining: 2 days 6 hours 39 minutes 38 seconds
TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 1 REISSUE KO REFLECTOR IN US - Time Remaining: 1 day 19 hours 9 minutes 46 seconds
Transformers Cybertron Crumplezone Voyager Class NEW SEALED - Time Remaining: 2 days 7 hours 55 minutes 4 seconds
Japanese Transformers Animated - TA-26 Leader Class Megatron Takara - Time Remaining: 8 days 10 hours 56 minutes
1998 Transformers Beast Wars Transmetals 2 IGUANUS Figure MOC - Time Remaining: 7 days 21 hours 51 minutes 17 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #156 - Gestalt Theory