Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

New Officicial Images of Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line - Black Knight Grimlock and More

Transformers News: New Officicial Images of Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line - Black Knight Grimlock and More

Wednesday, June 11th, 2014 11:08PM CDT

Categories: Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 21,901

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Thanks to Amazon Japan we have some nice new official images of several figures from their upcoming Movie Advanced line. The figures in this update include:


As usual these Takara Tomy figures differ in deco to their Hasbro counterparts. Enough to make you want to import them? Decide for yourself after checking out the images mirrored below!

Transformers News: Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line Revealed

Transformers News: Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line Revealed

Transformers News: Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line Revealed

Transformers News: Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line Revealed

Transformers News: Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line Revealed

Transformers News: Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line Revealed

Transformers News: Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line Revealed

Transformers News: Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line Revealed

Transformers News: Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line Revealed

Transformers News: Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line Revealed

Transformers News: Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line Revealed

Transformers News: Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line Revealed

Transformers News: Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line Revealed

Transformers News: Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line Revealed

Transformers News: Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line Revealed

Transformers News: Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line Revealed

Transformers News: Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line Revealed

Transformers News: Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line Revealed

Transformers News: Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line Revealed

Transformers News: Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line Revealed

Transformers News: Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line Revealed
Credit(s): Amazon Japan
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Officicial Images of Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line - Black Knight Grimlock and More (1581314)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on June 11th, 2014 @ 11:11pm CDT
Wow, a tiny bit of paint makes A.o.E Galvatron looks much better.
Re: New Officicial Images of Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line - Black Knight Grimlock and More (1581315)
Posted by mooncake623 on June 11th, 2014 @ 11:13pm CDT
doh double post. I will delete.

That grimlock looks nice
Re: New Officicial Images of Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line - Black Knight Grimlock and More (1581318)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on June 11th, 2014 @ 11:22pm CDT
Whoa! That Grimlock, looks nice!!! :KREMZEEK: :michaelbay:
Re: New Officicial Images of Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line - Black Knight Grimlock and More (1581327)
Posted by welcometothedarksyde on June 11th, 2014 @ 11:38pm CDT
So wait? Takara's going with blue Drift also? On the plus side Lockdown is looking far better when properly transformed
Re: New Officicial Images of Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line - Black Knight Grimlock and More (1581331)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on June 11th, 2014 @ 11:45pm CDT
The paint differences are very slight between Takara and Hasbro this round. This makes me feel better about just going ahead and picking up Hound, Drift, and Galvatron (and Lockdown) when they show up in stores here. It's not worth it to pay double the price (or more) for a little more gold paint on Drift's collar or a random swipe of "rust" detailing on Hound's tummy. Crosshairs seems to be the only must have Takara deco, and even that's a bit marginal.

That color layout suits Grimlock well, but I wish Takara or Hasbro had used it on the Voyager mold instead.
Re: New Officicial Images of Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line - Black Knight Grimlock and More (1581332)
Posted by mooncake623 on June 11th, 2014 @ 11:46pm CDT
These are up on HLJ Grimlock for 6000 yen

http://www.hlj.com/product/TKT80565/Sci
Re: New Officicial Images of Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line - Black Knight Grimlock and More (1581338)
Posted by megatronus on June 11th, 2014 @ 11:54pm CDT
Hound, Galvatron, & Drift look amazing!

Of course, I'll get the American versions in-hand first before deciding whether to actually pounce on these, but man... they sure are tempting.
Re: New Officicial Images of Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line - Black Knight Grimlock and More (1581344)
Posted by Siger on June 12th, 2014 @ 12:04am CDT
Most of the changes are just on the heads of these figures. Galvatron still lack so much paint on his body but looks much better without that silly cross-eyed face. I dig Drift's new face color too.
Re: New Officicial Images of Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line - Black Knight Grimlock and More (1581345)
Posted by Shuttershock on June 12th, 2014 @ 12:04am CDT
Sweet Primus, a GOOD picture of deluxe Lockdown. Almost certainly carrying a face-gun, but I don't see room for a hook. Shame that.
Re: New Officicial Images of Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line - Black Knight Grimlock and More (1581349)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 12th, 2014 @ 12:38am CDT
Shuttershock wrote:Sweet Primus, a GOOD picture of deluxe Lockdown. Almost certainly carrying a face-gun, but I don't see room for a hook. Shame that.
After the latest bunch of TV spots, I'm starting to think less that it actually is a hook and more that it might be a crossbow-type weapon in the movie instead.
Re: New Officicial Images of Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line - Black Knight Grimlock and More (1581391)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 12th, 2014 @ 4:26am CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:Thanks for the picture, Shajaki. The figure DOES look very nice with that gold paint, but it's not screen accurate enough for my shelf. I'll try to pick up one of the domestic releases of the mold from a few years ago instead. :)


Good luck finding HFTD Battle Blades Bumblebee at a reasonable price. If you buy it from Ebay, prepare to pay a king's randsom.
Re: New Officicial Images of Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line - Black Knight Grimlock and More (1581392)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 12th, 2014 @ 4:31am CDT
Wow. I always said that I didnt like AoE Leader Grimlock. But for that Black Knight version, I'll make an exception! :x

Also, that Galvatron seem to have his bot mode painted, as expected from Takara. I'm just affraid of the pricetags. To import or not.......
Re: New Officicial Images of Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line - Black Knight Grimlock and More (1581451)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on June 12th, 2014 @ 8:54am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:Thanks for the picture, Shajaki. The figure DOES look very nice with that gold paint, but it's not screen accurate enough for my shelf. I'll try to pick up one of the domestic releases of the mold from a few years ago instead. :)


Good luck finding HFTD Battle Blades Bumblebee at a reasonable price. If you buy it from Ebay, prepare to pay a king's randsom.


Just scored one used for $26 shipped. ;)
Re: New Officicial Images of Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line - Black Knight Grimlock and More (1581462)
Posted by Shuttershock on June 12th, 2014 @ 9:19am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Shuttershock wrote:Sweet Primus, a GOOD picture of deluxe Lockdown. Almost certainly carrying a face-gun, but I don't see room for a hook. Shame that.
After the latest bunch of TV spots, I'm starting to think less that it actually is a hook and more that it might be a crossbow-type weapon in the movie instead.


Hopefully not. I know it's an adaptation of a character (from a series that liberally appropriates names for mismatched characters), but it would be nice to have SOME homages to the character you're referencing in the design. Right now, aside from the bounty hunter angle, nothing really says "Lockdown" to me.
Re: New Officicial Images of Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line - Black Knight Grimlock and More (1581465)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 12th, 2014 @ 9:28am CDT
Shuttershock wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Shuttershock wrote:Sweet Primus, a GOOD picture of deluxe Lockdown. Almost certainly carrying a face-gun, but I don't see room for a hook. Shame that.
After the latest bunch of TV spots, I'm starting to think less that it actually is a hook and more that it might be a crossbow-type weapon in the movie instead.


Hopefully not. I know it's an adaptation of a character (from a series that liberally appropriates names for mismatched characters), but it would be nice to have SOME homages to the character you're referencing in the design. Right now, aside from the bounty hunter angle, nothing really says "Lockdown" to me.
Well, you could say the same for Galvatron, Crosshairs, Hound, even Drift.

Movie designs looking nothing like their namesakes isn't anything new. The Unicron Trilogy was rife with "in name only" character designs yet hardly anyone made a fuss over those.
Re: New Officicial Images of Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line - Black Knight Grimlock and More (1581467)
Posted by Shuttershock on June 12th, 2014 @ 9:35am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Shuttershock wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Shuttershock wrote:Sweet Primus, a GOOD picture of deluxe Lockdown. Almost certainly carrying a face-gun, but I don't see room for a hook. Shame that.
After the latest bunch of TV spots, I'm starting to think less that it actually is a hook and more that it might be a crossbow-type weapon in the movie instead.


Hopefully not. I know it's an adaptation of a character (from a series that liberally appropriates names for mismatched characters), but it would be nice to have SOME homages to the character you're referencing in the design. Right now, aside from the bounty hunter angle, nothing really says "Lockdown" to me.
Well, you could say the same for Galvatron, Crosshairs, Hound, even Drift.

Movie designs looking nothing like their namesakes isn't anything new. The Unicron Trilogy was rife with "in name only" character designs yet hardly anyone made a fuss over those.



Fair enough. I just think a little visual cue would add more to his visual personality, to help differentiate him from "black and steel robot #38".

Or maybe I'm just a sucker for mythology gags, idk.
Re: New Officicial Images of Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line - Black Knight Grimlock and More (1581514)
Posted by KirbyForce1 on June 12th, 2014 @ 12:09pm CDT
See those 2 pegs in that space in Lockdown's gun?

Just sayin'.
Re: New Officicial Images of Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line - Black Knight Grimlock and More (1581516)
Posted by GuyIncognito on June 12th, 2014 @ 12:12pm CDT
Is this the first good look we've gotten of Lockdown? He looks pretty badass but I wish there was more of the car visible in bot mode. I like how Crosshairs and Drift clearly look like "car robots" in bot mode.
Re: New Officicial Images of Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line - Black Knight Grimlock and More (1581523)
Posted by Va'al on June 12th, 2014 @ 12:29pm CDT
Lockdown definitely has me more intrigued here.. hm... :-?
Re: New Officicial Images of Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line - Black Knight Grimlock and More (1581540)
Posted by shocksound96 on June 12th, 2014 @ 1:10pm CDT
It to me looks like the gun can clip onto the head of lockdown. If not i will still buy him.
Re: New Officicial Images of Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line - Black Knight Grimlock and More (1581642)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 12th, 2014 @ 5:49pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:Thanks for the picture, Shajaki. The figure DOES look very nice with that gold paint, but it's not screen accurate enough for my shelf. I'll try to pick up one of the domestic releases of the mold from a few years ago instead. :)


Good luck finding HFTD Battle Blades Bumblebee at a reasonable price. If you buy it from Ebay, prepare to pay a king's randsom.


Just scored one used for $26 shipped. ;)


Niiiiiiiiiiice! Image
Re: New Officicial Images of Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line - Black Knight Grimlock and More (1582379)
Posted by Va'al on June 15th, 2014 @ 6:06am CDT
Courtesy of toy blogger Alfes2010, directly from the Tokyo Toy Show floor, we get an in-hand look at the Transformers: Lost Age Movie Advanced Line Deluxe Dino figure. As a reminder, this is not an original mold for the Sideswipe-ish character from Dark of the Moon, but a retool and redeco of Revenge of the Fallen Sideways - check out the images below!

Image

Image

Image
Re: New Officicial Images of Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line - Black Knight Grimlock and More (1582386)
Posted by RhA on June 15th, 2014 @ 6:56am CDT
Kinda like it, actually.
Re: New Officicial Images of Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line - Black Knight Grimlock and More (1582387)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 15th, 2014 @ 6:58am CDT
Seeing Dino's head sculpt, I'm reminded how much everybots were "monster faced" in the first movie trilogy. I'm glad that in AoE, the bots are more "classic faced". Meining either a faceplate or a more human face.
Re: New Officicial Images of Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line - Black Knight Grimlock and More (1582388)
Posted by OmegaPrime273 on June 15th, 2014 @ 7:04am CDT
The only thing good about this toy is the head, the rest is insulting...insulting to all the collectors,fans and people who've waited for the characters figure release since the beginning, myself as one of those collectors. We're now going on movie 4 and theyre just/finally releasing a movie 3 character... And they didn't even do him right?? That's not Dino/Mirage...the head is but it gets ignored due to the body which is lazy and unoriginal. Hasbro already screwed the fans over by not releasing individual characters before the DOTM toyline was cancelled..this was bc a ton of Bumblebees were made(nobody bought them BC they wanted/want something new..like characters and designs....other than Bumblebee).when TF2 cameout Hasbro did the same; not releasing more than half the constructicons and being lazy w Elita-One and just repainting Chromia. TF3 they didn't make all The Dreads, Brains, Dino..or remold characters besides Bumblebee. This is insulting to the diehard fans who collect the figures for Character individuality and fandom. Those are the people missing out on completing their movie toy roster because no one thinks of the true fans anymore.
Re: New Officicial Images of Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line - Black Knight Grimlock and More (1582390)
Posted by Autobot Genocide on June 15th, 2014 @ 7:12am CDT
Have we seen this photo of Lockdown ?

Image

Posted by James Pooser on Transformers Addicts .
Re: New Officicial Images of Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line - Black Knight Grimlock and More (1582391)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on June 15th, 2014 @ 7:24am CDT
OmegaPrime273 wrote:The only thing good about this toy is the head, the rest is insulting...insulting to all the collectors,fans and people who've waited for the characters figure release since the beginning, myself as one of those collectors. We're now going on movie 4 and theyre just/finally releasing a movie 3 character... And they didn't even do him right?? That's not Dino/Mirage...the head is but it gets ignored due to the body which is lazy and unoriginal. Hasbro already screwed the fans over by not releasing individual characters before the DOTM toyline was cancelled..this was bc a ton of Bumblebees were made(nobody bought them BC they wanted/want something new..like characters and designs....other than Bumblebee).when TF2 cameout Hasbro did the same; not releasing more than half the constructicons and being lazy w Elita-One and just repainting Chromia. TF3 they didn't make all The Dreads, Brains, Dino..or remold characters besides Bumblebee. This is insulting to the diehard fans who collect the figures for Character individuality and fandom. Those are the people missing out on completing their movie toy roster because no one thinks of the true fans anymore.


I'm probably preaching to the choir here, but there are a couple point I'd like to make:

1) The chances of Dino-Mirage getting a proper, accurate toy are nil, next to nothing from the very start. Mattel has an exclusive license with Ferrari for their Hot Wheels line, as such Hasbro and TakaraTomy cannot make car modes looking like one.

2) Ever looked at the Cyberverse line? It has all the Dreads (albeit with different vehicle modes) and transforming and combining Constructicons, and a Mirage who is a repaint of Sideways... The last one was probably the inspiration for this guy.

3) Hasbro and TakaraTomy is in it for the kids, not us.

4) True Fans are a lie. :lol:

Personally I'm getting him, as I'm not that bothered with the looks, it's close enough and I'm no car expert. Point at a car and I'll say "It's a car, 'nuff said.".
Re: New Officicial Images of Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line - Black Knight Grimlock and More (1582393)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 15th, 2014 @ 7:30am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
OmegaPrime273 wrote:The only thing good about this toy is the head, the rest is insulting...insulting to all the collectors,fans and people who've waited for the characters figure release since the beginning, myself as one of those collectors. We're now going on movie 4 and theyre just/finally releasing a movie 3 character... And they didn't even do him right?? That's not Dino/Mirage...the head is but it gets ignored due to the body which is lazy and unoriginal. Hasbro already screwed the fans over by not releasing individual characters before the DOTM toyline was cancelled..this was bc a ton of Bumblebees were made(nobody bought them BC they wanted/want something new..like characters and designs....other than Bumblebee).when TF2 cameout Hasbro did the same; not releasing more than half the constructicons and being lazy w Elita-One and just repainting Chromia. TF3 they didn't make all The Dreads, Brains, Dino..or remold characters besides Bumblebee. This is insulting to the diehard fans who collect the figures for Character individuality and fandom. Those are the people missing out on completing their movie toy roster because no one thinks of the true fans anymore.


I'm probably preaching to the choir here, but there are a couple point I'd like to make:

1) The chances of Dino-Mirage getting a proper, accurate toy are nil, next to nothing from the very start. Mattel has an exclusive license with Ferrari for their Hot Wheels line, as such Hasbro and TakaraTomy cannot make car modes looking like one.

2) Ever looked at the Cyberverse line? It has all the Dreads (albeit with different vehicle modes) and transforming and combining Constructicons, and a Mirage who is a repaint of Sideways... The last one was probably the inspiration for this guy.

3) Hasbro and TakaraTomy is in it for the kids, not us.

4) True Fans are a lie. :lol:

Personally I'm getting him, as I'm not that bothered with the looks, it's close enough and I'm no car expert. Point at a car and I'll say "It's a car, 'nuff said.".


Thanks Jelze for saving me a lot of typing. I would have said exactly that. Especially about that "true fan part".
About that last part, there is NO "true fans". Only TRUE FANBOYS. :SICK:
Re: New Officicial Images of Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line - Black Knight Grimlock and More (1582394)
Posted by OmegaPrime273 on June 15th, 2014 @ 7:35am CDT
What's the difference between fanboy and fan
Re: New Officicial Images of Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line - Black Knight Grimlock and More (1582395)
Posted by Va'al on June 15th, 2014 @ 7:40am CDT
Courtesy once again of TF Yuki, and still from the Tokyo Toy show, we get to see a couple more images of the Takara Transformers: Lost Age LA-01 Battle Command Optimus Prime, in both modes! Check out the mirrored images below.

Image

Image
Re: New Officicial Images of Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line - Black Knight Grimlock and More (1582396)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on June 15th, 2014 @ 7:47am CDT
OmegaPrime273 wrote:What's the difference between fanboy and fan


There is none :) Each fan is into different things, that's why a real definition of "true fan" is impossible to make, and should never be done. This article should clear things up a bit, along with other (negative) aspects of the fandom:

True Fan on TFwiki.net.

Back on topic:

Image

Is it just me, or does this pic use two trailers instead of one?
Re: New Officicial Images of Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line - Black Knight Grimlock and More (1582397)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 15th, 2014 @ 7:49am CDT
OmegaPrime273 wrote:What's the difference between fanboy and fan


A fan is someone normal who like something very much, collect some things, a lot or little. There is no true defenition. My dad is a Star Wars fan but he only watch the movies. He don't have a single piece of merchandise, not even a poster. He's still a fan. I'm a Transformers fan. I watched the cartoons but I dont own a single DVD of it. I have hundreds of figures, but barely 10 G1s, most of them re-issues. Another would have all the merchandizing and variants of a single character and so on.
A fan is someone who like something. That is all. No two fan is the same.

As the.... ugh... fanboy, he's the crazy one. He's a fan as stated above, but with some crazies added to the mix. He consider HIS way to be a fan the only "true" way. He'll fight anyone who think differently and will insult the tastes of others. He will go to war against any "rival" franchise (Example: Playstation VS Nintendo VS Xbox, Go-Bots VS TF, Star Wars VS Star Trek, ect...). If any change happen to his beloved thing, he will tear his shirt from his back and throw a tantrum so embarassing, even a toddler would facepalm in shame. They also refuse to listen to reason and they refuse to see the ridiculousness of some of their behavior.

I hope this will help.
Re: New Officicial Images of Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line - Black Knight Grimlock and More (1582398)
Posted by Va'al on June 15th, 2014 @ 7:53am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Image

Is it just me, or does this pic use two trailers instead of one?


Yeah, I was going to mention that, then got distracted while writing. #-o
Re: New Officicial Images of Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line - Black Knight Grimlock and More (1582399)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 15th, 2014 @ 7:55am CDT
Va'al wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Image

Is it just me, or does this pic use two trailers instead of one?


Yeah, I was going to mention that, then got distracted while writing. #-o


Still, that vehicle mode is AMAZING. Is that OP the same mold as the Leader? If yes, would the trailer be available separately?
Re: New Officicial Images of Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line - Black Knight Grimlock and More (1582400)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on June 15th, 2014 @ 8:02am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:Still, that vehicle mode is AMAZING. Is that OP the same mold as the Leader? If yes, would the trailer be available separately?


Sadly no. He's part of the "Lost Age" line which is TakaraTomy's analog to "Robots in Disguise". It's a simplified toy with a 4-step transformation, basically turning him inside-out.
Re: New Officicial Images of Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line - Black Knight Grimlock and More (1582402)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 15th, 2014 @ 8:12am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:Still, that vehicle mode is AMAZING. Is that OP the same mold as the Leader? If yes, would the trailer be available separately?


Sadly no. He's part of the "Lost Age" line which is TakaraTomy's analog to "Robots in Disguise". It's a simplified toy with a 4-step transformation, basically turning him inside-out.


Ugh... pass...
Re: New Officicial Images of Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line - Black Knight Grimlock and More (1582406)
Posted by BERSEKAEL on June 15th, 2014 @ 8:48am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
OmegaPrime273 wrote:What's the difference between fanboy and fan


A fan is someone normal who like something very much, collect some things, a lot or little. There is no true defenition. My dad is a Star Wars fan but he only watch the movies. He don't have a single piece of merchandise, not even a poster. He's still a fan. I'm a Transformers fan. I watched the cartoons but I dont own a single DVD of it. I have hundreds of figures, but barely 10 G1s, most of them re-issues. Another would have all the merchandizing and variants of a single character and so on.
A fan is someone who like something. That is all. No two fan is the same.

As the.... ugh... fanboy, he's the crazy one. He's a fan as stated above, but with some crazies added to the mix. He consider HIS way to be a fan the only "true" way. He'll fight anyone who think differently and will insult the tastes of others. He will go to war against any "rival" franchise (Example: Playstation VS Nintendo VS Xbox, Go-Bots VS TF, Star Wars VS Star Trek, ect...). If any change happen to his beloved thing, he will tear his shirt from his back and throw a tantrum so embarassing, even a toddler would facepalm in shame. They also refuse to listen to reason and they refuse to see the ridiculousness of some of their behavior.

I hope this will help.


thats close to Hypocrisy, there are two diferent things here

1. He means, that this figure is insulting Movie Line fans expectations, which he is not alone here, I am on it too. Perhaps some people could have no feeling about it due to movie line.

2. I have seen worst reactions when some G1 MP comes with red bumper or not a specific detail ... here we are talking about the whole character, just head accurate.

I also agree feels like a tantrum, besides taste more like a fan (fanatic) feelings hurt, which I respect.
Re: New Officicial Images of Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line - Black Knight Grimlock and More (1582407)
Posted by TimothyR on June 15th, 2014 @ 8:59am CDT
takara needs to lock the company in a room and spit out some DMK's for this movie.. they are the greatest movie merch to come out of these movies period.

DMK's would be perfect for the characters in this movie since it's so difficult to achieve their robot mode looks with conventional transformers.
Re: New Officicial Images of Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line - Black Knight Grimlock and More (1582425)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on June 15th, 2014 @ 10:58am CDT
I like this Dino/Mirage we're getting. It's not a Ferrari, but it never really could be (thank Mattel). The Sideways mold in robot mode is a surprisingly GOOD approximation of the Dino/Mirage CGI model. Honestly, Takara-Tomy didn't have to do this at all, but they did, and I think they did about the best they could given the circumstances. I can't wait to get my hands on this figure.
Re: New Officicial Images of Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line - Black Knight Grimlock and More (1582428)
Posted by Dagon on June 15th, 2014 @ 11:15am CDT
OmegaPrime273 wrote:What's the difference between fanboy and fan



If people disagree with you or otherwise find your opinion unreasonable, you're a fanboy.

If you agree with everyone else, then you're a fan.

A fanboy is generally used as an insult because you've committed some atrocity like questioning an official release or a design decision, or that you have a preference or opinion in a hobby that more than one other person doesn't share.

In reality, it is a meaningless term.
Re: New Officicial Images of Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line - Black Knight Grimlock and More (1582430)
Posted by Rated X on June 15th, 2014 @ 11:32am CDT
All the excuses about mattel. Im sure they could have created a "not" Ferarri the same way they created a "not" Lamborghini and a "not" Jeep in the classics line. They were too busy creating new molds of bumblebee that had nothing to do with DOTM. Nuff said.
Re: New Officicial Images of Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line - Black Knight Grimlock and More (1582434)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on June 15th, 2014 @ 11:59am CDT
Rated X wrote:All the excuses about mattel. Im sure they could have created a "not" Ferarri the same way they created a "not" Lamborghini and a "not" Jeep in the classics line. They were too busy creating new molds of bumblebee that had nothing to do with DOTM. Nuff said.


True, they did for the Audi R8 for Sideways here (who was a last-minute deal and minor character btw). I don't think Ferrari is that forgiving, but the Speed Stars toy being an approximation of a Ferrari 458... :-?

And stop blaming Bumblebee, it's getting old. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: New Officicial Images of Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line - Black Knight Grimlock and More (1582441)
Posted by shajaki on June 15th, 2014 @ 12:21pm CDT
Rated X wrote:All the excuses about mattel. Im sure they could have created a "not" Ferarri the same way they created a "not" Lamborghini and a "not" Jeep in the classics line. They were too busy creating new molds of bumblebee that had nothing to do with DOTM. Nuff said.
different line, different rules. all the cars and trucks in the movie lines are officially licensed arent they? while almost none of the classics figures have liscenced vehicles.
Re: New Officicial Images of Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line - Black Knight Grimlock and More (1582442)
Posted by Wolfguard on June 15th, 2014 @ 12:21pm CDT
Dagon wrote:
OmegaPrime273 wrote:What's the difference between fanboy and fan



If people disagree with you or otherwise find your opinion unreasonable, you're a fanboy.

If you agree with everyone else, then you're a fan.

Lol - so no disagreements can ever occur between fans? I don't believe that at all. Fans can definitely have disagreements, and I've had my fair share of being against or for opinions of people I've had discussions with. I think Kanrabat hit the nail on the head perfectly. The "fanboys" don't discuss with any sort of reasonable logic, they just react to differing opinions based on a highly emotive state of mind.
Re: New Officicial Images of Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line - Black Knight Grimlock and More (1582447)
Posted by Rated X on June 15th, 2014 @ 12:52pm CDT
shajaki wrote:
Rated X wrote:All the excuses about mattel. Im sure they could have created a "not" Ferarri the same way they created a "not" Lamborghini and a "not" Jeep in the classics line. They were too busy creating new molds of bumblebee that had nothing to do with DOTM. Nuff said.
different line, different rules. all the cars and trucks in the movie lines are officially licensed arent they? while almost none of the classics figures have liscenced vehicles.

Which is why they could have saved the "not" Ferarri mold for a non movie line with movie influence similar to HFTD. They could have thrown in deluxe Leadfoot, Cue, and Soundwave (already approved then canceled) to create a nice wave of 4 for movie collectors to round off their collection. It could have been done and you know it.
Re: New Officicial Images of Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line - Black Knight Grimlock and More (1582449)
Posted by Dagon on June 15th, 2014 @ 12:57pm CDT
Wolfguard wrote:
Dagon wrote:
OmegaPrime273 wrote:What's the difference between fanboy and fan



If people disagree with you or otherwise find your opinion unreasonable, you're a fanboy.

If you agree with everyone else, then you're a fan.

Lol - so no disagreements can ever occur between fans? I don't believe that at all. Fans can definitely have disagreements, and I've had my fair share of being against or for opinions of people I've had discussions with. I think Kanrabat hit the nail on the head perfectly. The "fanboys" don't discuss with any sort of reasonable logic, they just react to differing opinions based on a highly emotive state of mind.



They still have an opinion, and it's only 'wrong' because you or others don't agree with it. It's perfectly valid to them. It's not up to you to determine whether or not someone's opinion or feeling is based on logic that you find acceptable and is thus a valid opinion. My point was that 'fanboy' gets used when others decide that an opinion is not up to their standard and is thus invalid based on the notion that someone else doesn't like it.
Sure, fans disagree all the time. And when they get to the point that they take their ball and go home, they label the other party as 'fanboys' like that means something.

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
And stop blaming Bumblebee, it's getting old. :BANG_HEAD:



Doesn't make it any less valid of a point, though.
Re: New Officicial Images of Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line - Black Knight Grimlock and More (1582452)
Posted by Rated X on June 15th, 2014 @ 1:11pm CDT
Dagon wrote:
OmegaPrime273 wrote:What's the difference between fanboy and fan



If people disagree with you or otherwise find your opinion unreasonable, you're a fanboy.

If you agree with everyone else, then you're a fan.

A fanboy is generally used as an insult because you've committed some atrocity like questioning an official release or a design decision, or that you have a preference or opinion in a hobby that more than one other person doesn't share.

In reality, it is a meaningless term.

I agree. Its nothing more than a derogatory term created by geeks who want to target a fellow fan who is going against the grain. If we went by Kanrabats long dragged out definition, then he himself would be the ultimate fanboy. But not a TF fanboy though. Im talking about a different Hasbro brand that he is known for glorifying on this site that most TF fans hate. And he does it on purpose to troll TF fans. If thats not a fanboy, than what is ?
Re: New Officicial Images of Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line - Black Knight Grimlock and More (1582454)
Posted by OmegaPrime273 on June 15th, 2014 @ 1:14pm CDT
But in each wave of figures there was a Bumblebee repaint/mold of some sort...so yeah people aren't gonna buy a million of one character... Especially when they're saving $ to get the others. The company loses money when people don't buy what u produced. No ones blaming "Bumblebee" just the poor manufacturing
Re: New Officicial Images of Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line - Black Knight Grimlock and More (1582455)
Posted by Rated X on June 15th, 2014 @ 1:18pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Rated X wrote:All the excuses about mattel. Im sure they could have created a "not" Ferarri the same way they created a "not" Lamborghini and a "not" Jeep in the classics line. They were too busy creating new molds of bumblebee that had nothing to do with DOTM. Nuff said.


True, they did for the Audi R8 for Sideways here (who was a last-minute deal and minor character btw). I don't think Ferrari is that forgiving, but the Speed Stars toy being an approximation of a Ferrari 458... :-?

And stop blaming Bumblebee, it's getting old. :BANG_HEAD:

I blame bumblebee for world hunger, terrorism, and global warming. Bumblebee is going to kill us all. :lol:
Re: New Officicial Images of Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line - Black Knight Grimlock and More (1582457)
Posted by OmegaPrime273 on June 15th, 2014 @ 1:28pm CDT
But in each wave of figures there was a Bumblebee repaint/mold of some sort...so yeah people aren't gonna buy a million of one character... Especially when they're saving $ to get the others. The company loses money when people don't buy what u produced. No ones blaming "Bumblebee" just the poor manufacturing

Click here to view an additional 693 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #105 - Megatronus
Twincast / Podcast #105:
"Megatronus"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, November 23rd, 2014