New Premium Series Movie Toys

Transformers News: New Premium Series Movie Toys

Sunday, December 2nd, 2007 10:38PM CST

Categories: Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: i_amtrunks   Views: 51,338

It seems that the Real gear line is not the only current line that Hasbro plans to repaint to death...

Thanks to a scan of the upcoming issue of Lee's Toy Review it seems that there will be a new line of repaints of the
Transformers Movie toys to be released in the near future.

The line will be called the "Premium Series" and figures already released in the line contain Robovision Prime, and Voyager Ratchet and Megatron figures.

New figures will include:
- Deluxe Barricade, Jazz and Concept Bumblebee
- Voyager Deep Space Starscream (Target exclusive), Ironhide, and Blackout
- Leaders Optimus Prime and Megatron.

All figures in the new Premium line will have additional paint applications and details, with some also gaining new metallic finishes.
Leader Optimus Prime has been confirmed to come with a sword, and both Leader Class figures appear to have new head sculpts as well.

As yet no release date's prices or "store exclusive" information has been released, but stay tuned to Seibertron.com for more information as it comes.

To read the Original Thread, please click here.
To check out the Scan with images of the upcoming figures, please click here.
Credit(s): Briggs, allspark.com

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Premium Series Movie Toys (487215)
Posted by i_amtrunks on December 2nd, 2007 @ 10:41pm CST
Front Paged and Credited.

So it seems we now know why the Animated line has been pushed back so far, Hasbro wants to milk the Movie line for all it is worth.

I will be skipping the majority, if not all of this line for two reasons, firstly one version of most of the movie toys is more than enough and secondly to discourage Hasbro from making better versions after releasing inferior quality versions of the exact same products for 6-9 months beforehand.
Re: New Premium Series Movie Toys (487220)
Posted by Briggs on December 2nd, 2007 @ 10:44pm CST
i_amtrunks wrote:Front Paged and Credited.

*signed* I've decided to just repaint what I need to.

Well, maybe just Jazz. And Bumblebee.

Might want tha Prime head and sword too.

Ahghhh.. must stand my ground.
Re: New Premium Series Movie Toys (487221)
Posted by zemper on December 2nd, 2007 @ 10:46pm CST
wow. Hasbro can really make the old toys go blonk in comparison to the new ones. how come they couldn't have included Prime's sword in the original release? and how come the paint apps may these toys look freaky awesome?

yeah right, i'll end my rant here. will get stumped again by the others who'll hit us again with Hasbro-this, Hasbro-that mumbo-jumbo and say we're whining again.

i give up on the movie line. just not worth going the extra mile, only to have something much better replace the old ones. that is, until i can get my grubby hands on some of the Autobots...

:MAX:
Re: New Premium Series Movie Toys (487225)
Posted by Quaternion on December 2nd, 2007 @ 10:54pm CST
Ha! I knew it! That is why I never bought the original leader megs. That and he looked really really stupid.

That's how Hasbro gets you!
Re: New Premium Series Movie Toys (487233)
Posted by Sentinel Pax on December 2nd, 2007 @ 11:01pm CST
Optimus' new head looks kind of weird. Megatron looks a lot better than the original release. Wonder how well these will sell, or if people will avoid buying more of the same figures.
Re: New Premium Series Movie Toys (487237)
Posted by Zeds on December 2nd, 2007 @ 11:03pm CST
Look forward to seeing what they all look like.
Re: New Premium Series Movie Toys (487245)
Posted by Bluesummers on December 2nd, 2007 @ 11:07pm CST
Can someone mirror the images? The link now says "Under construction..."
Re: New Premium Series Movie Toys (487259)
Posted by Geekee1 on December 2nd, 2007 @ 11:22pm CST
I really don't want to buy anymore movie molds. I guess I'll wait to see them in person before I decide to buy.
Re: New Premium Series Movie Toys (487261)
Posted by skywarp-2 on December 2nd, 2007 @ 11:23pm CST
nice!!!:grin:
Briggs wrote:Kinda cool, but kinda ticks me off. Will think twice now before I go and buy anymore Transformers. Would much rather have these then the ones we all bought previously.

http://www.allspark.com/news/new-transf ... 71202.html

(enjoy, Skywarp)

I love em!!! finally, and Prime gets an arm sword!!! Hasbro is milking, but hey... I don't care!! i will play along, and then sell off the first batch.. :grin:
Re: New Premium Series Movie Toys (487267)
Posted by TheStarScreamer on December 2nd, 2007 @ 11:33pm CST
Bluesummers wrote:Can someone mirror the images? The link now says "Under construction..."

Try this:
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/vbimghost ... imgid=6201

Defintiely getting Starscream and Blackout (if they do his paint right this time). Just painted my Leader Megs tonight and customized him (better than this looks) and I see nothing really better about Barricade, Ironhide, Jazz, or Prime.
Re: New Premium Series Movie Toys (487270)
Posted by Sgt.Schnitzel on December 2nd, 2007 @ 11:37pm CST
Well, Well, Well, I guess missing out on the original leader prime did pay off for a better opportunity!
Re: New Premium Series Movie Toys (487283)
Posted by Bluesummers on December 2nd, 2007 @ 11:50pm CST
Thanks so much, StarScreamer! :D

Indeed, I have to see these in person before I decide to buy. I see no difference with Barricade, Jazz, and Ironhide.

The thought of buying Leader Prime and Megs again makes me gag, but they so desperately needed the metallic finish (and I'm too damn untalented to do it myself). Prime seems to have a different head mold, and it looks funny from that shot...again, I'll need close-ups to make a final judgment.
Re: New Premium Series Movie Toys (487288)
Posted by ultra tron on December 3rd, 2007 @ 12:01am CST
O.k all this premeium series repaints and still no Leader SS, BC or bigger blackout?
Re: New Premium Series Movie Toys (487290)
Posted by TheStarScreamer on December 3rd, 2007 @ 12:04am CST
Well, I mean, there's no bigger Starscream, BC, of BO to repaint into a premium figure. :shock:
Re: New Premium Series Movie Toys (487296)
Posted by Bumblethumper on December 3rd, 2007 @ 12:09am CST
A while back I posted here bemoaning the fact that fan repaints look so much better than the official versions.

Then they give us these which are an improvement on what they offered before, but typical fanbitch, I still don't like it.

I guess I'm bored of the Movie-formers at this point in time, even though there's still a few good ones that have yet to show up over here. Besides there's no guarantee that these will show up here either, so I guess I'll stick with what I have. Bring on the animated figures already.
Re: New Premium Series Movie Toys (487310)
Posted by Raymond101 on December 3rd, 2007 @ 12:30am CST
Holy crap will the Leader versions be out in Australia?

I wonder when it's coming out in Hong Kong too?
Re: New Premium Series Movie Toys (487313)
Posted by Counterpunch on December 3rd, 2007 @ 12:35am CST

We aren't playing this game.

This isn't Star Wars.

Re: New Premium Series Movie Toys (487327)
Posted by Lord T on December 3rd, 2007 @ 12:59am CST
So they managed to give Megs a new head but failed to give him a new flap to conceal it in 'jet' mode? Daaaamn.

But otherwise he looks great. Pity these will never see a UK release.
Re: New Premium Series Movie Toys (487333)
Posted by Jazzz on December 3rd, 2007 @ 1:06am CST
getting Megatron and Jazz.
My Prime is already shiny. though He coulduse some shine in his bumper. But repainting it with silver is way cheaper.
Maybe Bumblebbe but I like the stealth version more.
damn you Hasbro and your repaints.
Re: New Premium Series Movie Toys (487348)
Posted by Jazzz on December 3rd, 2007 @ 1:20am CST
Getting Blackout and Ironhide.
I'll get reprolabels for Barricade.
Starscream is a yes.
Finally a silver Jazz.
Finally movie accurate Megatron
And Prime just has yellow soldiers and a new head.
...and a sword. dammit.
I'll have to try selling my leader classes to my friends.
darn I'm gonna have to get a new yellow Bumblebee anyways. his shoulders fell off.
good thing Animated won't come out till June.

Ending Soon On eBay

Fascinations Metal Earth 3D  Model - Transformers G1Optimus Prime  & Soundwave - Time Remaining: 2 days 18 hours 54 minutes
ARCEE Transformers 1 Movie 4" inch Scout Class Autobot Figure Target 2006 - Time Remaining: 9 days 8 hours 54 minutes 30 seconds
Transformers G1 Takara Japanese D-84 Abominus Giftset MIB (Just open no used) - Time Remaining: 2 days 22 hours 55 minutes 30 seconds
TRANSFORMERS TAKARA G1 REISSUE # 0 OPTIMUS PRIME &  BINDER - Time Remaining: 2 days 2 hours 56 minutes 8 seconds
Transformers Generation 2 Swindle Combaticon 1993 MOC - Time Remaining: 1 day 21 hours 56 minutes 52 seconds
Transformers G1 Parts 1988 OVERLORD scanner radar (broken) powermaster - Time Remaining: 3 days 1 hour 28 minutes 38 seconds
Transformers G1 Parts 1988 OVERLORD small scanner radar (broken) powermaster - Time Remaining: 3 days 1 hour 30 minutes 28 seconds
AIR RAID Transformers Movie 1 Scout Class Figure Target Exclusive Hasbro 2007 - Time Remaining: 2 days 9 hours 1 minute 33 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #153 - Last Knights of Cybertron
"Last Knights of Cybertron"
Posted: Monday, August 15th, 2016