Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

New Promo Images: Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Sunstorm and Prowl

Transformers News: New Promo Images: Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Sunstorm and Prowl

Monday, June 16th, 2014 11:32PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 13,880

The infamous Transformers Columbia Facebook page is at it again! This evening they bring us some new official promo images of the upcoming Hasbro Toys"R"Us Exclusive Masterpiece figures Sunstorm and Prowl. Check out the new images mirrored below:

Transformers News: Re: Masterpiece Sunstorm Found in TRU Computers - Possible US Release?

Credit(s): Transformers Colombia

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Promo Images: Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Sunstorm and Prowl (1582921)
Posted by mooncake623 on June 16th, 2014 @ 11:35pm CDT
Brown head huh?
Re: New Promo Images: Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Sunstorm and Prowl (1582922)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 16th, 2014 @ 11:45pm CDT
Eh... No particularly digging the brown dome on Sunstorm. Nothing a lick of properly applied black paint won't fix. Besides that, I'm alright with him. Nice to see he's got some sort of flame pattern going on, so he's got that going for him.

Are there any notable differences we know of between Takara's Prowl and this Prowl? If there aren't, and the quality on this one is top notch, then I'll consider getting one myself.
Re: New Promo Images: Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Sunstorm and Prowl (1582925)
Posted by Rated X on June 17th, 2014 @ 12:00am CDT
mooncake623 wrote:Brown head huh?

That's because he looks like s**t.
Re: New Promo Images: Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Sunstorm and Prowl (1582930)
Posted by megatronus on June 17th, 2014 @ 12:16am CDT
Granted, Takara's Sunstorm is far more cohesive than TRU's. But, for all the deco complaints I've seen, you have to give TRU Sunstorm this: the flames on his wings are awesome!

Also, I don't see any noticeable difference on Prowl, but I still suspect Takara's QC and overall quality to be better. That's not gonna stop me from picking up a TRU Prowl to display in vehicle mode, though.

:grin:
Re: New Promo Images: Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Sunstorm and Prowl (1582931)
Posted by RhA on June 17th, 2014 @ 12:17am CDT
Teeth.

Teeeeth.
Re: New Promo Images: Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Sunstorm and Prowl (1582933)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 17th, 2014 @ 12:22am CDT
Rated X wrote:
mooncake623 wrote:Brown head huh?

That's because he looks like s**t.
For once, I'm there with ya on this. This thing is hideous and another sign that the new design team needed to do more research.

Just what were they basing this ugly deco on, exactly? I know I've previously suspected either Animated Sunstorm or the G1 Sunstorm video game model from the ROTF video game, but neither of those looked quite like this. And that fire pattern on his wings, while true to the spirit of Sunstorm's appearance in the Dreamwave comics, is so tacky and makes him look less like he's on fire and more like he's just come off of the aircraft edition of Pimp My Ride. Even Hot Rod's/Rodimus' flames are subtle by comparison.

At least the Takara version has a deco that is recognizable, being based off of Sunstorm's brief cameo in the first episode of the Sunbow cartoon. If the new Hasbro team wanted a different yet also recognizable deco for this version, it would have been much nicer for them to have gone with the deco he had in his most famous fictional appearance: The Dreamwave G1 comics. I'm honestly surprised that that didn't come to their attention first when searching through the archives. But then again, they did find the RiD Jhiaxus toy before finding any of Jhiaxus's more famous comic book appearances (G2, IDW G1, or otherwise), so I guess it's just another one of those cases.

Yeah, it's probably too late to blame anyone on the design team for not being more informed at the time, as this deco was probably worked on and put together way back. But it's still a very ugly deco and a real disappointment to behold. :-(

Now, Prowl, on the other hand, is another story. Wonderful! Simply wonderful! He looks virtually identical to Takara's version, which is all one could have ever asked of Hasbro short of asking for an even more show-accurate deco (but this deco as it is is perfectly acceptable). Only question that remain is if whether or not he comes with any of the Amazon Japan toy-accurate shoulder cannons. They're not a must for me, since Prowl was cannon-less in the cartoon, but it is a curiosity to be inquired about. ;)
Re: New Promo Images: Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Sunstorm and Prowl (1582938)
Posted by durroth on June 17th, 2014 @ 12:44am CDT
The kid playing with them makes me wince. Get your filthy mitts off my collectibles ya damned hooligan! though, prowl is supposed to be a fairly reasonable price right?
Re: New Promo Images: Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Sunstorm and Prowl (1582940)
Posted by Wolfguard on June 17th, 2014 @ 12:55am CDT
Agreed - the brown "helmet" = why?

And yeah............teeeeth!
Re: New Promo Images: Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Sunstorm and Prowl (1582950)
Posted by Caelus on June 17th, 2014 @ 1:46am CDT
Maybe the color values on my monitor are different - Sunstorm doesn't seem to have a brown helmet, but rather a gold one. I like it. And the flames. I can't afford it, though, and only having one of the MP seekers (that I got for $25), I'm not inclined to push the financial envelope to get him. :-/
Re: New Promo Images: Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Sunstorm and Prowl (1582951)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on June 17th, 2014 @ 1:51am CDT
Never realized until now just how small prowl is, looks like a voyager
Re: New Promo Images: Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Sunstorm and Prowl (1582990)
Posted by Metro Prime on June 17th, 2014 @ 4:53am CDT
I like how they show a kid playing with them, even though it's a expensive collectible that will probably fall apart in most kids' hands.
Re: New Promo Images: Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Sunstorm and Prowl (1582996)
Posted by MegaDump on June 17th, 2014 @ 5:33am CDT
Prowl looks like he's squatting in preparation to take a dump into that kids' fist. At least the photographers finally have the figures transformed correctly!
Re: New Promo Images: Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Sunstorm and Prowl (1582997)
Posted by robotmel on June 17th, 2014 @ 5:42am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Rated X wrote:
mooncake623 wrote:Brown head huh?
That's because he looks like s**t.
For once, I'm there with ya on this.
:-?
It clearly the lighting of the photo thats throwing a lot of folk off, that head is the same colour as the null rays and the lower leg sections which looks to be gold and not brown!
Id say the yellow will turn out darker also once in-hand.

I will be picking this fella up when he hits UK shores, though I will wait a little longer for the 1/3 off which happened last time I bought Acid Rain! ;)

Perhaps the original idea of Masterpiece figures sticking to the G1 faithful colour template is being slightly relaxed on repaints which gives the company a more flexible approach to putting more of these out at a quicker pace and saves them a few quid so it can spent bringing us even more awesome Transformers! :???:
Re: New Promo Images: Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Sunstorm and Prowl (1583009)
Posted by wolverinetodd on June 17th, 2014 @ 6:54am CDT
mooncake623 wrote:Brown head huh?

Ugh! I so didn't notice the "golden brown" helmet/head thing because I was so distraught with the "more yellow than orange" color of the entire figure. Looks like I might need to find and buy the IGear's version afterall.
Re: New Promo Images: Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Sunstorm and Prowl (1583013)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on June 17th, 2014 @ 7:03am CDT
Im gonna pass on sunstorm probably. But prowl is beautiful
Re: New Promo Images: Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Sunstorm and Prowl (1583016)
Posted by xRotorstormx on June 17th, 2014 @ 7:15am CDT
Odd choice with the brown/copper color but I am digging the flames on his back and wings. Ill probably just pick him up to go with the rest of my seekers.
Re: New Promo Images: Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Sunstorm and Prowl (1583021)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on June 17th, 2014 @ 7:31am CDT
I could use another Prowl to play around with..
Re: New Promo Images: Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Sunstorm and Prowl (1583029)
Posted by reluctantyouth on June 17th, 2014 @ 7:48am CDT
I was hoping there might be a slight difference in Prowl but not seeing one. I just got a KO Prowl off Ebay for $36.00 shipped from China. There are some minor paint issues and the gun handle had to be shaved down to fit in his hand...other than that he is quite awesome and worth the money :-B . I'll stick with my KO and save some coin...if Prowl is higher than $44.99 US retail then he is just not worth it. I would speculate $54.99...does anyone have confirmation on price yet? :-?

~reluctantyouth~ :BOT:

FYI- Forgot that hasbrotoyshop has free summer shipping on all Transformers using promo code "SUMMER" I ordered Skrapnel yesterday as I have been unable to find him here locally $10.61 shipped :x . That works for me.
Re: New Promo Images: Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Sunstorm and Prowl (1583039)
Posted by RiddlerJ on June 17th, 2014 @ 8:01am CDT
Of course, if someone really had money to burn, they could buy both this and Takara's Sunstorm. One would be Sunstorm and the other would be the Yellow Rainmaker.
Re: New Promo Images: Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Sunstorm and Prowl (1583055)
Posted by Rodimus_Prime29 on June 17th, 2014 @ 8:36am CDT
i plan on getting prowl and sunstorm, i cant justify paying double for both for takara versions of minor characters
Re: New Promo Images: Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Sunstorm and Prowl (1583056)
Posted by Primeultimus on June 17th, 2014 @ 8:38am CDT
Can I have my news credit please?

toys-r-us-masterpiece-sunstorm-official-pictures-t100563.php

Felipe from Transformers Colombia tags me in his posts he wants me to put on Seibertron for him.

Thanks
Re: New Promo Images: Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Sunstorm and Prowl (1583069)
Posted by Siger on June 17th, 2014 @ 9:04am CDT
Shit head, piss body. Does he transform into a flying toilet? God that yellow hurts my eyes! :evil:
Re: New Promo Images: Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Sunstorm and Prowl (1583094)
Posted by xyl360 on June 17th, 2014 @ 10:09am CDT
Looks like GPS type gold plastic on Sunstorm's shins, head and chest bits. I don't know what the hell's going on with that deco, but it is not working.

As for Prowl, I've already got Takara's version, but I'm glad to see him getting what appears to be an unaltered US release for those who skipped the import due to prices.
Re: New Promo Images: Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Sunstorm and Prowl (1583106)
Posted by KirbyForce1 on June 17th, 2014 @ 10:48am CDT
Why are they letting a kid PLAY with a COLLECTOR'S ITEM?
Re: New Promo Images: Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Sunstorm and Prowl (1583113)
Posted by GuyIncognito on June 17th, 2014 @ 11:43am CDT
KirbyForce1 wrote:Why are they letting a kid PLAY with a COLLECTOR'S ITEM?

Because it's also a toy.
Re: New Promo Images: Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Sunstorm and Prowl (1583117)
Posted by shajaki on June 17th, 2014 @ 11:56am CDT

if only the fandom were as happy as this kid.
Re: New Promo Images: Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Sunstorm and Prowl (1583159)
Posted by ltivey on June 17th, 2014 @ 2:22pm CDT
Are these still going to be available in the UK? Toys R Us UK site says Prowl is no longer available.

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Toys-R-Us/Toys ... wl(0129581)?searchPosition=6