New Prototype Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece Star Saber

Transformers News: New Prototype Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece Star Saber

Monday, July 21st, 2014 11:56PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 22,313

Courtesy of the fine folks over on the Planet Iacon Facebook page we have an image from one of the Japanese hobby magazines featuring new images of the Masterpiece Star Saber prototype. The images give us our first look at Saber and the vehicles modes. We also get a look at MP-22 Ultra Magnus, the Movie Advance G1 style Deluxe Wheeljack, and the massive non-transforming Scorponok figure from Gigantic Action.

Transformers News: Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece Star Saber Discussion Thread
Credit(s): Planet Iacon
Re: New Prototype Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece Star Saber (1592425)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 22nd, 2014 @ 12:00am CDT
SABER!!!!!

Please have the Yuuki no Brain as well! Please have the Yuuki no Brain as well! :PRAY: :PRAY: :PRAY:
Re: New Prototype Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece Star Saber (1592426)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on July 22nd, 2014 @ 12:01am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:SABER!!!!!

Then it will truly be the best MP evah!!
Re: New Prototype Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece Star Saber (1592466)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 22nd, 2014 @ 6:40am CDT
Re: New Prototype Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece Star Saber (1592469)
Posted by Dr Va'al on July 22nd, 2014 @ 6:49am CDT
All the fuzzy feelings inside. :x
Re: New Prototype Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece Star Saber (1592474)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 22nd, 2014 @ 7:28am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:I want this...Wonder if the sword sheaths the same way as in victory. Still would like to know if there's a victory Leo on the way.

We'll know for sure once we see connectors attached to Saber's feet and back ;)
Re: New Prototype Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece Star Saber (1592498)
Posted by guarayakha on July 22nd, 2014 @ 9:18am CDT
Re: New Prototype Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece Star Saber (1592509)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 22nd, 2014 @ 9:36am CDT
guarayakha wrote:Even if there's no MP V-Leo I'll be happy if it's even compatible with the original V-Leo.
Some people are speculating that it might very well be backwards-compatible with the G1 Victory Leo toy.
Re: New Prototype Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece Star Saber (1592524)
Posted by Xephon0930 on July 22nd, 2014 @ 11:02am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

We'll know for sure once we see connectors attached to Saber's feet and back ;)

Considering that all Victory Leo has to do to combine with Star Saber is to be giant platform shoes and a jetpack, it isn't that far off from the realm of possibility.
Re: New Prototype Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece Star Saber (1592558)
Posted by Black Hat on July 22nd, 2014 @ 12:49pm CDT

I know Takara does Masterpiece Brave toys as well...I need to watch GaoGaiGar so I have an excuse to buy them. I can imagine they'd go very well together with this guy (heck, the "symmetrical docking" twins like HyoRyu and EnRyu look transformer-y anyway).
Re: New Prototype Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece Star Saber (1592569)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 22nd, 2014 @ 1:11pm CDT
Delta Magnus wrote:Not at all familiar with the Japanese-exclusive cartoons (Headmasters, Zone, Victory etc) but that looks pretty sweet.

I did not know this...I wonder if they have made a MP Genesic GaoGaiGar or a King J-Der J Phoenix accessory...Takara will own my soul at this rate. :lol:
Re: New Prototype Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece Star Saber (1592613)
Posted by shajaki on July 22nd, 2014 @ 3:21pm CDT
im not blown away. probably because im not invested in the character. but hey, small blurry grey prototype pics wouldnt have blown me away anyways. looking forward to the real deal.
Re: New Prototype Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece Star Saber (1592620)
Posted by Xephon0930 on July 22nd, 2014 @ 3:45pm CDT

Takara did have a Masterpiece line for the Braves. But it only lasted long enough to get King Exkaiser and Dragon Kaiser.
Re: New Prototype Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece Star Saber (1592622)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 22nd, 2014 @ 3:48pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:

You'll have to look in Bandai's direction as they own the Brave anime designs (thanks to Sunrise belonging to Bandai now), and the options are quite a few. Right now, the non-transforming Super Robot Chogokin series has a good part of the GGG line-up, including Genesic GaoGaiGar, as well as some other Brave series robots. As for transforming figures, the Brave Gokin series has GaoGaiGar (I'd suggest looking for v2 as it fixes some faults of the original), Genesic and GaoFighGar, but those are slightly older figures and more finnicky, not really Soul of Chogokin material.
Re: New Prototype Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece Star Saber (1592625)
Posted by Black Hat on July 22nd, 2014 @ 3:54pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:

Don't Takara have any ownership over the material? They created it after all.

Sigh, and there was me hoping we'd get updated, super-articulated and fully transforming versions of the Symmetrical Docking teams. I can dream...

(Although for 90s toys, the original Takara figures are actually incredible from what I've seen. Unfortunately they're also very rare.)
Re: New Prototype Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece Star Saber (1592629)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 22nd, 2014 @ 3:58pm CDT
Delta Magnus wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:

Don't Takara have any ownership over the material? They created it after all.

If anything, only the original Brave series molds. The animation and original character design was done by Sunrise, and well, Bandai owns those now. Hope you're not against playing for the other team if need be.
Re: New Prototype Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece Star Saber (1592634)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 22nd, 2014 @ 4:50pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

We'll know for sure once we see connectors attached to Saber's feet and back ;)

It's been awhile since I've played with mine so don't hold me to this but I think Star Saber didn't have any visual connection points on it since Lio clipped on using existing pegs and holes and such.
Re: New Prototype Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece Star Saber (1592673)
Posted by Stormrider on July 22nd, 2014 @ 7:32pm CDT
Scroponok is almost $500. Yikes!! I might as well buy a 3P Scorpy that transforms for that price. ;)
Re: New Prototype Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece Star Saber (1592712)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 22nd, 2014 @ 10:32pm CDT
Yeah... just gimme a release date and price, and I'll start saving. Star Saber is definitely among my top three Autobots and probably part of the top ten Transformers in general, so I'm very pleased to see that he seems to be turning out very well. ;)^

I wouldn't mind there being backwards-compatibility with the original Victory Victory Leo, but it's not something I desperately need for it to have. Though I would consider a third party Victory Leo of equal size, stature, and quality.
Re: New Prototype Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece Star Saber (1592792)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 23rd, 2014 @ 8:58am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Delta Magnus wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:

Don't Takara have any ownership over the material? They created it after all.

I go where the toys are, I think it was the brave chokin line I was looking at before. Though the Soul of Chogokin line is also nice though far more expensive to complete GGG's arsenal (the key to victory sets)
Re: New Prototype Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece Star Saber (1592906)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 23rd, 2014 @ 5:21pm CDT
Bandai is doing a SOC GGG due sometime this fall

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Movie Unleashed Optimus Prime & Bumblebee Set MISB 2007 - Time Remaining: 3 days 6 hours 37 minutes 39 seconds
Transformers Beast Wars C-38 BUMP New Japanese Takara 1999 Armadillo - Time Remaining: 9 days 21 hours 37 minutes 53 seconds
Transformers Robots in Disguise RID Mirage Deluxe Sealed 2006 Complete - Time Remaining: 4 days 6 hours 53 minutes 5 seconds
Transformers Universe VHTF CYBERTRON OPTIMUS PRIME VS CRUMPLEZONE COSTCO - Time Remaining: 2 days 22 hours 38 minutes 55 seconds
HASBRO Transformers Deluxe lot 2007 Movie Cliffjumper Animated Bumblebee - Time Remaining: 3 days 7 hours 9 minutes 27 seconds
B&A Transformers BA-01 G1 Engineer General Devastator Figure NEW HCA - Time Remaining: 3 days 22 hours 12 minutes 17 seconds
DESTRONS LIOKAISER Transformers Combiner Wars Generation Set of 6 EE Exclusive - Time Remaining: 8 days 7 hours 12 minutes 37 seconds
Transformers Masterpiece MP-10B Black Convoy Nemesis Prime MISB - NEW - Time Remaining: 3 days 9 hours 15 minutes 23 seconds
Website Security Test